Page 18 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Got my 36th on the 12th, holy pally was the one that gave me the most trouble. Was a fun journey and so simple once you learned each fight at least once. Classes were pruned enough so you could pick up any spec and learn while in the challenge.

Threw myself at the Guardian Challenge last night, literally "threw" as my first attempts were mostly trying to dps the Inquisitor quickly, which didn't really work as something eventually went wrong. Once I focused on adds (and Drain Life) it went better, you also have to never let Aura of Decay stack more then 5 times.

Reached the Kruul stage 3 times:
    The first time, too many Nether Horrors were still up, died before Kruul even attacked.
    Second time, I forgot to pay attention to his casts, didn't kick Twisted Reflection and he healed to 60% before I got overwhelmed.
    Third time, I kicked that, managed to weave around the bad stuff on the ground, used Velen's orbs basically whenever they spawned and to heal up, but died as Kruul was at 40k HP - luckily, his RP had already started, a few seconds later, the quest completed ^^

No notable Legiondaries, Ekowraith with Balance Affinity to keep Thrash rolling on Variss, as well as Fury of Nature because those are my only "Bear" legs, other than the ring which is still iLvl 940.

tl;dr mechanics, mechanics, mechanics, don't try to just dps. Nothing new, but apparently I had to understand that for myself to embrace it.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Deleted
    One challenge left: Subtlety.

I just can't deal with the adds. I use Nightblade, Kidney Shot and Blind but they just don't go down fast enough. 930 ilvl with Sephuz/Argus and BiS shoulders. I need the cloak but alas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    One challenge left: Subtlety.

I just can't deal with the adds. I use Nightblade, Kidney Shot and Blind but they just don't go down fast enough. 930 ilvl with Sephuz/Argus and BiS shoulders. I need the cloak but alas.
    As Nymrohd suggests, use Goremaw's Bite. Also make sure that you are as far away as possible from the boss, while projecting the line in your head which the adds are gonna follow, making sure they aren't going to run over the goo on the ground. If you have one add left, but he's in the goo on the ground and close to the boss, remember that you can use Cloak of Shadows in an emergency so you don't take damage from it for a few seconds. Also use Mark of Death if you didn't already and make good use of your Shadowdances. Optimization is key for Sub here. When they spawn focus on slowing them, then take care of them one by one. Burst one down first and then make sure you maintain slows and CCs on the others. I did it with 930, with Sephuz and nothing else as well. It's perfectly doable, but you need a plan before hand.
    Last edited by mmoc2ee7b7fc27; 2018-04-17 at 01:44 PM.

Deleted
    Great, got the boss to 30%, clearing 2 waves of adds, then lagged out at the worst possible time.

Haven't gotten close since that pull.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find the answer to it:

With Mage Tower appearances disappearing in BfA and you will be able to transmog the appearances to new weapons in BfA, does anyone know if this is character-bound or class-bound?
    For example: imagine I unlocked the Holy appearance on my Blood Elf paladin - will I be able to use that appearance on a Human Paladin on my account? Or will I have to redo this on that second paladin?

Thanks - and perhaps sorry for semi-offtopic.
    Last edited by Chinodawg; 2018-04-18 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinodawg View Post
    With Mage Tower appearances disappearing in BfA and you will be able to transmog the appearances to new weapons in BfA, does anyone know if this is character-bound or class-bound?
    Blizzard stated they would be unlocked class-wide, although restricted to the appropriate specs in most cases.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Blizzard stated they would be unlocked class-wide, although restricted to the appropriate specs in most cases.
    So Holy Priest won't be able to equip the Discipline staff for example. Alright, makes sense, thanks for the response!

Over the last couple of days, i've been leveling and gearing my alts to attemt to unlock as many of these appearences as possible.

Today, i managed to get my first 2 unlocked, for outlaw rogue and elemental shaman.

Outlaw rogue was ilvl 925, with the legendary shoulders, and the ring from argus quest. 5 attemts.

Elemental shaman was ilvl 920, only got the legendary from the argus quest. 6 attemts.

I tried one attempt with fury warrior ilvl 925 aswell, with argus quest ring, and the other ring that gives me a free talent, but didn't seem to have enough burst for the adds. So might need a bit more gear, or a better legendary for that. But i think taking out all the agatha ones first is the best choise, since she seems to be the easiest, and better to do one kind of challenge in a row, so the tactic stays fresh in the mind.

Update: just managed to 1shot it with unholy dk ilvl 931 using frost legendaries...

Update 2: managed to beat the fire mage aswell. Ilvl 917, argus quest ring and legendary making scorch deal +350% dmg and always crit on targets below 30% health. 3 attempts
    Last edited by Garkanh; 2018-04-18 at 04:09 PM.

^ Grats Garkanh

I got the 2P on my Prot Warrior now (3P actually, but the 4P looks like its purely Physical so not helpful for P1), I hope that helps. I also got this Legendary:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=144249/a...-hatred-reborn

Which looks like it should be useful getting thru P1. Eyeing Prot, Frost mage, Balance, Disc this next Tower........

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinodawg View Post
    So Holy Priest won't be able to equip the Discipline staff for example. Alright, makes sense, thanks for the response!
    Which is annoying really as I troly want to use the disc appearences on Holy xD. They should allow it tbh within your class and if your role is the same in the other spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    I tried one attempt with fury warrior ilvl 925 aswell, with argus quest ring, and the other ring that gives me a free talent, but didn't seem to have enough burst for the adds. So might need a bit more gear, or a better legendary for that. But i think taking out all the agatha ones first is the best choise, since she seems to be the easiest, and better to do one kind of challenge in a row, so the tactic stays fresh in the mind..
    Fury definately gave me more fight than the others. Just be certain that you use your Battle Cry and Odyn's Fury in tandem on when the adds are grouped up every minute or so (and that you actually hit them). Just don't forget to use all consumeables you are allowed in that challenge. I makes it a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    ^ Grats Garkanh

I got the 2P on my Prot Warrior now (3P actually, but the 4P looks like its purely Physical so not helpful for P1), I hope that helps. I also got this Legendary:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=144249/a...-hatred-reborn

Which looks like it should be useful getting thru P1. Eyeing Prot, Frost mage, Balance, Disc this next Tower........
    Blow everything on your on your first attack on inquisitor. Charge in, start with Demo shout (make sure to take the talent for the extra 25% damage taken), Avatar, Shield Block, THEN Battle Cry and just spam Shield Slam and nothing else till Battlecry times out. Dump excess rage into Ignore Pain (it doesn't share GCD with Shield Slam). By the time you get to Kruul all your CDs are back up again and you can nuke him fast this way as well. This + spell reflecting Twisted Reflections makes it one of the easiest P2 compared to other tanks.

Actually got one more down myself last-minute as I just said what the heck I'll do a few attempts on Resto Shaman with the tower up for only two more hours. Had a few previous attempts. My bane was definately wave 5 of P1. I popped almost everything there. To my surprise I one-shot the last part once I got through P1 one today. Previously only had one go on the last part when one of my party members got gibbed while healing the spirits... Was a close call though, as I died half way the final part (reincarnation saved my ass there). I died a second time when the boss had 10% left... Shadowsong killed the bastard while he only had 0.8% left himself xD. Same dramatic end as on my resto druid really, although I killed myself there on purpose, because I would have blown my party up there, but Shadowsong had a similar amount of health left remaining then as well. Maybe it was because I used dbm now, but I found the final part much more manageable then when I did it on resto druid. I had a lot more control or it atleast felt like that. Then again, on the other hand it is easier to quickly top up your party as shaman while not healing yourself too much. Love the mastery on shaman, but the challenge is really tuned around that I realized.

This puts me at 31/36. Decided not go for BrM again just yet. Decided to farm some more gear + decent legendaries. BrM and Holy Pala will be my focus next time. Once that is cleared I only have Prot Pala, Holy Priest and MW Monk left, but those are at the bottom of my priority list (don't think they're that good), but I probably get around doing those as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyandor View Post
    Blow everything on your on your first attack on inquisitor. Charge in, start with Demo shout (make sure to take the talent for the extra 25% damage taken), Avatar, Shield Block, THEN Battle Cry and just spam Shield Slam and nothing else till Battlecry times out. Dump excess rage into Ignore Pain (it doesn't share GCD with Shield Slam). By the time you get to Kruul all your CDs are back up again and you can nuke him fast this way as well. This + spell reflecting Twisted Reflections makes it one of the easiest P2 compared to other tanks.
    That's the plan!

Question though - did you take Devastator, or the others that offer way more Ignore Pain, or way more actual Health? I feel like Devastator is a Red Herring on this row... make your rotation a little easier but you're sacrificing a LOT of survivability for it.

Deleted
    That's the plan!

Question though - did you take Devastator, or the others that offer way more Ignore Pain, or way more actual Health? I feel like Devastator is a Red Herring on this row... make your rotation a little easier but you're sacrificing a LOT of survivability for it.
    You take it mostly for the damage increase really, being able to Shield Slam without spending a GCD on devastate. The whole idea is to take as little as possible damage by keeping the phase as short as possible. As for other talents I personally went with Stormbolt, but other people had success with Shockwave as well.

Frost Mage down, huzzah! Key strategy point that worked out for me on the kill was: do not push from P3 to P4 (2nd Purgatory) while a Hand is up, if you can help it. It really hinders your burn time I found. Other than that everything came together nicely on my kill, seemed to have plenty of FoFs available when needed. I think remembering to use Elemental's Freeze is key for that. Also used him to soak the one rune I had to deal with.

Balance Druid down as well (take that, Twins!). This was 2nd easiest twins (to Affliction w/ Sacrolash); they have really low HP compared to Mage/Hunter (I'm thinking it's like 30-50% less). Just need a comfortable keybind for Starfall, keep casting it a little in front of you, and use Root if you get in trouble. I used Typhoon to help me soaking the one Rune I had to deal with in this one. Took under 10 pulls.

Thinking I may try Shadow this cycle - wasn't really in my plans, but its my last Twins. I think I have good Legendaries (Wrists and Cloak), but I've literally never played S2M so that may be interesting. Also still eyeing Prot Warrior and Disc Priest.

5 down so far for me

Just finished WW monk which was laughably easy

Iam on Feral Druid now but my gear is lacking plus iam very novice when it comes to playing feral druid

Deleted
    Thinking I may try Shadow this cycle - wasn't really in my plans, but its my last Twins. I think I have good Legendaries (Wrists and Cloak), but I've literally never played S2M so that may be interesting. Also still eyeing Prot Warrior and Disc Priest.
    Disc priest is really easy provided you have decent iLevel. As for the S2M tactic, I did it with 930-ish gear (but people have done it with less) and it all comes down picking the right time to go into voidform and having a clean transition. You use S2M at the start so you can cast and move at the same time. When to go voidform is really a think you need to find out for yourself. Go to early and you'll die due to too high VF stacks and going to late means you won't kill Raest because you don't have enough stacks (you active it while Raest isn't active yet). The transition to Raest can be tricky as you generally don't have time to setup your damage, a.k.a. don't put up your DoTs immediately if you are low on insanity, but put some insanity generating burst in first to get a clean transition.
    I must add to this that I never played Legion Shadow until I went for the Mage Tower.

Iam on Feral Druid now but my gear is lacking plus iam very novice when it comes to playing feral druid
    It's fairly easy really with Brutal Slash for the adds. Just make sure you use any buff available that works on the Broken Isles. This includes the command center and druid order hall buff plants.
    Last edited by mmoc2ee7b7fc27; 2018-04-20 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyandor View Post
    You use S2M at the start so you can cast and move at the same time. When to go voidform is really a think you need to find out for yourself. Go to early and you'll die due to too high VF stacks and going to late means you won't kill Raest because you don't have enough stacks (you active it while Raest isn't active yet).
    True, I wiped several times from Raest going immune and then started popping void form earlier and earlier to up my void form stacks to kill him faster, for me optimal moment was around 60% on Karam. The perfect point probably depends on your ilvl and amounts of haste.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    True, I wiped several times from Raest going immune and then started popping void form earlier and earlier to up my void form stacks to kill him faster, for me optimal moment was around 60% on Karam. The perfect point probably depends on your ilvl and amounts of haste.
    I had that happen at 0.1% left on Raest. That one moment you wish you had enchanted and gemmed your gear xD. Then again it is just a rarely used alt and I got it a few attempt later anyway.

Anyway got my BrM monk to 940 now + the kegsmash shoulder leggo. What I find a bit strange is that I seem to get the leggos I want/need for the mage tower. I know it's rng and I'm not complaining, it's just something I noticed.
    Last edited by mmoc2ee7b7fc27; 2018-04-21 at 05:02 PM.

Prot Warrior still has me questioning my sanity. Slow progress, but still over 100 pulls in and not getting to P2 consistently. Obv a skill issue, heh. I do wish I had gloves or bracers or both...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Yeah I'll just have to try this out. It's hard to imagine how it goes without playing it. I didn't even know you could s2m to get mobile casting but not use VF right away.

So the goal is Raest from 100 to 0 in phase 2, Karems first immune phase? That's some insane DPS.

Yeah I'll just have to try this out. It's hard to imagine how it goes without playing it. I didn't even know you could s2m to get mobile casting but not use VF right away.

So the goal is Raest from 100 to 0 in phase 2, Karems first immune phase? That's some insane DPS.
    The dps I had was not really impressive, lowered by p1 but overall less than 1 million. Yes, s2m is currently a 3min buff on you that gives you cast while moving ability immediately without being in void form and you don't pop void form until you're ready to do or die. You just sit at full insanity mind flaying Karam while running in circles, check a few vids to have an overview. I thought before s2m is something you only activate IN void form but I saw on a video a guy having it from the start which is a neat trick for kiting. Ofc save all your good stuff (drums, second pot, mindbender, dispersion etc.) for the burn (yes you can dispersion to stop insanity drop while mindbender and your dots will give you back some, good for "oh shit I'm gonna die" moment). Ignore adds, run away from them and dps Raest while running in circles. If you use sephuz you can proc is with silence even when no mob is casting. Also remember to pick that talent that allows shadow word death at higher mob hp to execute Raest.