Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's about time they nerfed AT.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    *Watches as 80% of the blood elfs race change to nightbourne*
    Probably not, NB racials r terrible. I can c BE Paladins going over to Tauren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarexx View Post
    Will it work against a Paladin's BoP?
    It might, but realize that a bunch of buffs are coming back, and this only dispels ONE buff. So, it could just dispel like Arcane Intellect instead of BoP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    *Watches as 80% of the blood elfs race change to nightbourne*
    Only the casters should, NB have god awful racials for melees.

Anyhoo, my only BELF is a DH, so I'm stuck there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    Probably not, NB racials r terrible. I can c BE Paladins going over to Tauren.
    Or Zandalari! Apparently they are getting Paladin class from Blizz's obvious hint.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvestra View Post
    Guess they couldn't think of anything more useless
    They should make it dispel 1 magic debuff from the BELF too, then maybe it'll be worth it. It still wouldn't be as good as an AoE silence, but at least it wouldn't be completely trash.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    nerfed for PVP, not so much PVE. I still feel forced to play Blood Elf for the mana gain as a healer.
    Its been in the game for a decade, and been complained about for a decade, but one expansion with mythic+ and it gets nerfed. Figure it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    What was the old one, for comparison? I just used it for the mana regen, never paid attention to what else it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Its been in the game for a decade, and been complained about for a decade, but one expansion with mythic+ and it gets nerfed. Figure it out.
    it was never OP anywhere before mythic+ became a thing though.

in raids was good for some classes bad for others
    in pvp it was decent for a few but blanket silences used to be so ubiquitous for a lot of classes until the last few years that it almost always was pmuch useless

human and undead were the prominent pvp races for the vast vast majority of the game, and have received way more complaints than BEs ever did.

edit: btw wasnt the 2017 MDI won by an alliance team?
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2018-04-20 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    it was never OP anywhere before mythic+ became a thing though.

in raids was good for some classes bad for others
    in pvp it was decent for a few but blanket silences used to be so ubiquitous for a lot of classes until the last few years that it almost always was pmuch useless

human and undead were the prominent pvp races for the vast vast majority of the game, and have received way more complaints than BEs ever did.
    EMFH was a bigger problem specifically when pve trinkets ruled pvp, but torrent was always a problem no matter the meta whether it was overshadowed by other op/stupid things or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    EMFH was a bigger problem specifically when pve trinkets ruled pvp, but torrent was always a problem no matter the meta whether it was overshadowed by other op/stupid things or not.
    even in MoP where you couldnt use pve trinkets, EMFH was the best option IIRC?

but even if it wasnt WOTF was still there

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Recklessness is not a magic buff, basically any CD from a noncaster class is not a magic buff.
    I think the only offensive cd's that are dispellable are the Mage & Warlock ones.

Altough it is obviously a gamble whether you get certain buffs like Blessing(s) or PW:S.
    The thing that's confusing is that it doesn't say magic buff. it says beneficial effect. If it is only magic buffs than yeah, it's not too great against melee at all. But if it is any beneficial effect than it could be decent. So i suppose the question to me is, is it more of a mass enemy dispel, or more of a tranq shot?

Also, side note, it could still possibly be useful in the island expeditions for things like bloodlust/heroism

AOE purge is still good, but not M+ defining good.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Quote Originally Posted by murbaez View Post
    The thing that's confusing is that it doesn't say magic buff. it says beneficial effect. If it is only magic buffs than yeah, it's not too great against melee at all.

Dispel (Magic)

Radius: 8 yard(s)

Number of debuffs to dispel: 1

https://beta.wowdb.com/spells/155145...nt#26433-26476

Lazy devs

Just for comparison:

https://beta.wowdb.com/spells/213644-cleanse-toxins

Effect #1
    Dispel (Poison)

Number of debuffs to dispel: 100
    Effect #2
    Dispel (Disease)

To Blizzard; You no touch War Stomp!

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    They really want people to reroll Void elves and nightborne dont they.

Well get paying kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post

Damn, Blizzards about to rake in that race transfer cash. That is brutal.
    This change goes well with whole "cash grabby" feel of BfA
    Repackaged and resold abilities. Repackaged and resold Races. BfA, is like a huge regift that costs $50.

Deleted
    To the ground, baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    They're gonna make a fortune on race changes when this goes live
    ...said no PvE Blood Elf ever.

The PvP ones, yeah they probs will.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    This change goes well with whole "cash grabby" feel of BfA
    Repackaged and resold abilities. Repackaged and resold Races. BfA, is like a huge regift that costs $50.
    Not to mention how it feels like WoD. The only new content is Warfronts, a boring as shit non-content grind and Island Expeditions which is just as shitty and overhyped as MoP Scenarios.

Calling it now, BfA will be content-starved pretty quick once you get bored of redoing all the shit you've been doing in Legion.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    ...said no PvE Blood Elf ever.

The PvP ones, yeah they probs will.

Not to mention how it feels like WoD. The only new content is Warfronts, a boring as shit non-content grind and Island Expeditions which is just as shitty and overhyped as MoP Scenarios.
    If you think people didnt use AT in pve you are massively mistaken.

Forget about a little feature called dungeons and M+? Also the energy gain etc is good for raiding too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

Dispel (Magic)

Radius: 8 yard(s)

Number of debuffs to dispel: 1

https://beta.wowdb.com/spells/155145...nt#26433-26476

Lazy devs

Just for comparison:

https://beta.wowdb.com/spells/213644-cleanse-toxins

Effect #1
    Dispel (Poison)

Effect #2
    Dispel (Disease)

You're comparing to the wrong spell, that's a defensive dispel, not offensive. Here: https://beta.wowdb.com/spells/528-dispel-magic

That said, it now falls in to really shitty (active) racials pool, along with nightborne, pandaren and undead.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    By beneficial effect I assume it means any buff a mob has, so it isn't just tied to magic? Could be useful then tbf. Maybe it can remove bolstering stacks.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    That said, it now falls in to really shitty (active) racials pool, along with nightborne, pandaren and undead.
    Even ignoring the buff removal entirely, the resource gain on a 90 second cooldown means it is AT LEAST a tier above Nightborne/Pandaren/Undead. So that's not true. I mean the Nightborne one is motherfucking terminal. It's basically a pretty visual on a 3 minute cooldown.

I'd say that even ignoring the buff removal entirely it's middle-of-the-pack, racial-wise, in with all the slightly dodgy but not totally terrible racials.

I mean, do we want to make some kind of tier list? Because there's no way it's going to be with the worst. If you include the buff removal... well it doesn't really change. Still niche-dubious but not totally terrible.