Thread: RIP BELFs...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Why RIP? Not only did it put it back to the same cooldown it is right now, but I still get my 3% mana back..

Still way too good to not be a blood elf..

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait for the tears.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    remember how were people rerolling to goblins on Kil'jaeden because their racial made the fight trivial ?

Yea this one would be definetly usefull on Aggramar
    Too bad Aggramar will be a trivial last expansion boss that you'd be able to solo when this racial comes out...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Can't wait for the tears.
    It just sucks because my main is a DH and I'm stuck with that shit race. Gone is the day where I can single handedly keep a pack of Imps in CoS from casting by using my 3 Sigils and AT.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Too bad Aggramar will be a trivial last expansion boss that you'd be able to solo when this racial comes out...
    That was just one example to people screaming "USELESS" Ans the fact that it still restores resource is more that enough

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    That was just one example to people screaming "USELESS" Ans the fact that it still restores resource is more that enough
    Unless you're going into raids with no Mages/Priests/Shamans then the racial is pretty useless. It might be good for that 1 boss fight in ALL OF THE EXPANSION, but it'll be worthless the rest of the time. They need to make it also dispell a magic debuff from yourself, then I can see it being decent.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Next is War Stomp, an aoe Stun on a 1.5min cd is way too good in a world where most of the stuns got pruned from the game.

It's not a mass dispel, since it won't be dispelling any negative effects from you or friends. It just dispels 1 magic effect from enemies. This will be useful in like 1 fight in the entire expansion.
    It may have niche uses, but I'd still say it still is better than many racials, certainly isn't at the bottom of the heap. There are some races I don't even bother binding my racial actives, because they're so terrible. Considering they gave druids the ability to Soothe again (can't recall if they gave hunters enrage removal again, probably did), perhaps there will be more enemy buff removal in our near future. However, this nerf definitely needed to happen, as I remember mythic raiding as Horde, and the racial made class comps so flexible when it came to cast interrupts... if I did more horde for Legion, it would've been broken in M+.

*edit* - I'd certainly prefer mirror racials for each faction, or maybe something similar to a talent tree (think structured like relic traits at the forge, or the placeholder Azerite UI on the alpha) where you can choose your racial path.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2018-04-20 at 07:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    Crit has been useless for warriors for all of legion and while no changes have happened on alpha compared to live i don't expect the future changes to change the value of crit.
    wrong statement + wrong example
    gg no re
    (crit is shit for warriors and even classes liking crit prefer other racials in some cases.)

Wellp, they officially just killed off BELFs in M+ with that latest racial change.

They went from most useful racial to least useful racial in one change.

So what's the Horde M+ meta now? HM/Tauren for the AoE stun? Or maybe reroll Alliance?

Not sure what you're talking about, but that's sweeeet music to my ears. Everything Blizzard has done so far is just to give people more incentive to play a race which doesn't belong in the Horde.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    It may have niche uses, but I'd still say it still is better than many racials, certainly isn't at the bottom of the heap. There are some races I don't even bother binding my racial actives, because they're so terrible. Considering they gave druids the ability to Soothe again (can't recall if they gave hunters enrage removal again, probably did), perhaps there will be more enemy buff removal in our near future. However, this nerf definitely needed to happen, as I remember mythic raiding as Horde, and the racial made class comps so flexible when it came to cast interrupts... if I did more horde for Legion, it would've been broken in M+.

*edit* - I'd certainly prefer mirror racials for each faction, or maybe something similar to a talent tree (think structured like relic traits at the forge, or the placeholder Azerite UI on the alpha) where you can choose your racial path.
    Eh? Which racials are you talking about that you don't bother binding? The only one that I can maybe think of is the LF Draenei one since it's a DPS loss to cast it since it's so undertuned.

Deleted
    Unless you're going into raids with no Mages/Priests/Shamans then the racial is pretty useless. It might be good for that 1 boss fight in ALL OF THE EXPANSION, but it'll be worthless the rest of the time. They need to make it also dispell a magic debuff from yourself, then I can see it being decent.
    So they are in line of usefullness with other races ??

What a tragedy !!!

An AoE dispel is useless because your raid probably has several dispels, but an AoE interrupt is useful because...your raid doesn't have a lot of interrupts or stuns? Those are far more common than purges.
    The resource gain is also pretty great for non-mana classes on fights where the dispel component.
    Don't get me wrong, it's a nerf, but it's not as bad as people are making out.
    Plus the top level of the game is pretty small, there will still be elves everywhere because they're pretty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's nice to see EM4HM get crapped on again. The time of man and elf has come to an end.

EDIT: Does Arcane Torrent remove divine shield? That would be hilarious from a paladin vs blood knight perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    An AoE dispel is useless because your raid probably has several dispels, but an AoE interrupt is useful because...your raid doesn't have a lot of interrupts or stuns? Those are far more common than purges.
    The resource gain is also pretty great for non-mana classes on fights where the dispel component.
    Don't get me wrong, it's a nerf, but it's not as bad as people are making out.
    Plus the top level of the game is pretty small, there will still be elves everywhere because they're pretty.
    Are you trolling dude? You honestly comparing a dispel's usefulness to an AoE silence? There are TONS of areas in Antorus alone where the AoE silence is useful. Just off the top of my head: High Command Pyros, Portal Keeper Imps, Enor's Destructors, Coven's fire chick, Argus' add phase and that's not even counting the numerous casting trash packs. Now compare that with fights where having a magic dispel is useful: M Agg...

No comparison.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    Crit has been useless for warriors for all of legion and while no changes have happened on alpha compared to live i don't expect the future changes to change the value of crit.
    True, but other than that, the point still stands, belfs unless in mdi setting were never really used specifically because of the AOE interrupt.

Wellp, they officially just killed off BELFs in M+ with that latest racial change.

They went from most useful racial to least useful racial in one change.

So what's the Horde M+ meta now? HM/Tauren for the AoE stun? Or maybe reroll Alliance?
    Obviously you haven't seen the nightborne or lightforged racials then lol

players will still play BELFS cause they are "pretty" lol.

Deleted
    Are you trolling dude? You honestly comparing a dispel's usefulness to an AoE silence? There are TONS of areas in Antorus alone where the AoE silence is useful. Just off the top of my head: High Command Pyros, Portal Keeper Imps, Enor's Destructors, Coven's fire chick, Argus' add phase and that's not even counting the numerous casting trash packs. Now compare that with fights where having a magic dispel is useful: M Agg...

No comparison.
    Well.

High Command : The pyro guy is dead before his cast is 1/3rd finished.
    Portal keeper : Have a good melee and he can solo the imps by himself without using interrupts.
    Eonar : Singular interrupts cover it, belf not required.
    Coven : Singular interrupts cover it, belf not required.
    Argus : Singular interrupts cover it, belf not required.

So basically you make these points and they are literally not valid in any setting on mythic as long as people use their singular interrupts, not gonna miss it, because we never really relied on it other than in a mythic plus setting and even then, if it's below a 22, you'll blow those adds up before they can even get their casts off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Obviously you haven't seen the nightborne or lightforged racials then lol
    NB racials are perfectly fine for casters. Their active racial is pretty good for tanks in BfA since their snares all got nerfed to 20% making the 50% snare pretty good for kiting and such in M+. I'd say only thing it needs is a shorter CD, 3min is too long for what is basically just an AoE snare. Should be 2min max.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Well.

High Command : The pyro guy is dead before his cast is 1/3rd finished.
    Portal keeper : Have a good melee and he can solo the imps by himself without using interrupts.
    Eonar : Singular interrupts cover it, belf not required.
    Coven : Singular interrupts cover it, belf not required.
    Argus : Singular interrupts cover it, belf not required.

So basically you make these points and they are literally not valid in any setting on mythic as long as people use their singular interrupts, not gonna miss it, because we never really relied on it other than in a mythic plus setting and even then, if it's below a 22, you'll blow those adds up before they can even get their casts off.
    Never said it was required, just like the AT dispel won't be required for M Agg... It's USEFUL, not required. No racials should ever be required for any fight.

I've used my AT to interrupt Imps/Pyros/Destructors all the time in M TBT. Not required, but definitely very useful for those 3 fights.

As a pvper I'm all for the nerf, but now it just seems like they're making all racials pretty subpar - or at least some of them. Maghar? Pretty bad, especially compared to regular orcs. Human? Almost seems worthless in PvP now. At this point I'd finally like to see them remove all combat related racials and just have them all be fluff/flavor stuff. I feel like they could go nuts and make some interesting stuff that doesn't affect combat.