10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Between my two accounts I've lost almost a thousand rank from trolls and leavers. The amount of games where I come in and I'm the only healer with 5 dps insta locks outnumber real games by 3:1 easy. I guess getting banned for 2 days for 'playing doomfist' which is what 'gameplay sabotage' means apparently has put me in the criminal queues so now everyone is shit. GG blizz and your fucked up system.

2 games from Masters to almost diamond on one account in a week. Nonstop losses because of bad comps, all day every day.
    2 games away from Master and 5 dps instalock, your story is kinda flawed, just saying, sounds more like a silver level problem.

Though I really agree competitive is unplayable. It need severe changes to be bearable. I stopped playing it all together once I got the golden guns for my favorite heroes.

I wanna collect all golden guns, sure, but I feel I put a real gun in my mouth before that happens.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    The Lucio changes are actually a massive nerf in disguise.
    Please elaborate? That would be a big bummer, but don't have the time for PTR atm.

Just had a fun comp game. /s My friend and I get grouped with a group of 4 people on King's Square. I pick Mercy, friend grabs Zen, other 4 pick Ana, Hanzo, Widow, and Mei. I had a bad feeling about this already but thought "ok, whatever" and swapped to Rein. The other 4 just completely threw the game: Mei kept ice walling us, others just running around literally not even attacking. But hey, some people on this thread will say that it's my fault and if I just skill up I'll have no trouble getting out of bronze.

Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    Please elaborate? That would be a big bummer, but don't have the time for PTR atm.
    May have spoken to soon. Apparently it was just a bug that got un-adjusted recently on the PTR. Previously it was a massive nerf to the speed he can jump off walls, so a good Lucio could no longer speed from respawn to mid in 5 secs. Idk where it is now.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2018-04-21 at 01:31 AM.

I just want to get my 9 arcade wins in each week and it has been hell the past month. So many people refuse to push objectives and prefer to stand around waiting for the match to end. Flat right out a lot of bad game play. I try to help and talk in chat, but so few want to engage. Been really toxic attitudes lately.
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

10+ Year Old Account
    May have spoken to soon. Apparently it was just a bug that got un-adjusted recently on the PTR. Previously it was a massive nerf to the speed he can jump off walls, so a good Lucio could no longer speed from respawn to mid in 5 secs. Idk where it is now.
    There's a nerf to the absolute top-end Lucio players. The kind of people who'll load up a map and wall ride EVERY surface to practice jumps and rollouts until they can do the craziest shit. Because you're "stickier", it's harder to do the crazy-ass bouncing they used to ramp up speed, and because the speed boost is slightly nerfed, old jumps that worked no longer do.

For like 99% of Lucio players, I'd venture it's going to be a buff.

Basically, it lowers the skill ceiling from "almost infinite" to "really high", and raises the skill floor considerably, which may be worth the tradeoff for the game's health overall. It may just need some fine-tuning though.

I just think the "it's really a massive nerf" is a bit overstated when the vast majority of people playing Lucio can't do those crazy rollouts where you touch walls 6 times and the ground never until you reach the enemy team and boop them all off a cliff in the first 12 seconds of the match.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's a nerf to the absolute top-end Lucio players. The kind of people who'll load up a map and wall ride EVERY surface to practice jumps and rollouts until they can do the craziest shit. Because you're "stickier", it's harder to do the crazy-ass bouncing they used to ramp up speed, and because the speed boost is slightly nerfed, old jumps that worked no longer do.

For like 99% of Lucio players, I'd venture it's going to be a buff.

Basically, it lowers the skill ceiling from "almost infinite" to "really high", and raises the skill floor considerably, which may be worth the tradeoff for the game's health overall. It may just need some fine-tuning though.

I just think the "it's really a massive nerf" is a bit overstated when the vast majority of people playing Lucio can't do those crazy rollouts where you touch walls 6 times and the ground never until you reach the enemy team and boop them all off a cliff in the first 12 seconds of the match.
    Reducing a Lucio's overall speed on wall jumps is still a massive nerf to him, even if they don't use it like the pros. Lucio is much more likely to die rather than evade damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reducing a Lucio's overall speed on wall jumps is still a massive nerf to him, even if they don't use it like the pros. Lucio is much more likely to die rather than evade damage.
    It's a really small nerf to that. And you get more reliable wall-riding in exchange. Regardless, this is why it's on the PTR for testing, to see if the changes are good to go live or if they need another pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharjo View Post
    "How to completely miss the point and still not get it" - a book written by me
    Fixed it for you.

So I'm playing Hanzo... It's a payload map.

I go in from the side as my team goes in from choke. I kill the 2 healers, and 2 dps sitting in the back line. Ding ding ding ding! (potg)

I look and see my team has lost a 5v2 ... vs 2 tanks.

gj team!

oh followed by HANZO SWAITHC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsi View Post
    Just had a fun comp game. /s My friend and I get grouped with a group of 4 people on King's Square. I pick Mercy, friend grabs Zen, other 4 pick Ana, Hanzo, Widow, and Mei. I had a bad feeling about this already but thought "ok, whatever" and swapped to Rein. The other 4 just completely threw the game: Mei kept ice walling us, others just running around literally not even attacking. But hey, some people on this thread will say that it's my fault and if I just skill up I'll have no trouble getting out of bronze.
    It's funny; you can watch pros start new accounts and start climbing from nothing all the time and they never get stuck in ELO hell

must just be luck I guess /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    See above

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    See above
    Yes, you also missed the point too.

By pros, do you mean dps mains who can carry entire teams? You mean Master or higher players?
    Because that's why/how they can. Their level of skill is significantly higher then the ranks below.

If you're an average (Gold) or maybe slightly above average (Plat), you're going to have a much tougher
    time doing so.

So what was the point of your post again?

To let us know that we're terrible, obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes clearly.

Yes, those people seem to forget that Overwatch is a TEAM based game.

Like I've said a thousand times before, you are only as strong as your weakest link. If someone on your
    team is really bad, isn't playing well, is throwing, is trolling, leaves the game, doesn't communicate, etc.
    etc., it DRASTICALLY affects the game, as now you have one less **reliable** (being the keyword here)
    person that can either shoot, shield, or heal.

So the bullshit answer of "its always your fault" when you can't climb or are trapped in an ELO Hell, is
    exactly that.

Bullshit.

Now one poster is stupid enough to keep harping on the "get a group" mantra as a means of fixing
    being "stuck."

Unfortunately, said stupid poster forgets (because he's that ignorant) that the way the MM is set
    up is this : The more people on your team, the more "harder" opponents the MM system will seek
    out, barring setting you up with other teams of equal composition.

Which means that in a full 6-man, you could very likely get thrown against a group of smurfs, who
    would be significantly higher than you and your teammates. "Your Overwatch" has proven this, so
    it explains why a lot of people don't constantly 6 or even 4-man.

They also conveniently forget that several seasons in the past (IIRC, 4-6, maybe 7 & 8?) were universally
    griped and shit on by a number of sources for its incredibly toxic and horrible MM during those times.

Because the game's gotten much bigger, so has the "general pool" of players. Unfortunately, the system
    isn't more precise or good like it should be, because it means the system will "trap" you with other
    players who are supposedly on your "skill level", but you'll find very quickly that said players have little
    to no knowledge on proper communication, map awareness, match ups, etc.

And somehow, its "your" fault that you couldn't make it work in a team of players who are either as
    capable or sometimes moreso than you, or so fucking stupid that the Rein player charges ahead of
    the team every single time, or that the Moira would rather dps than heal.

Yep, your fault. Each time.

See what I mean by their reasoning being bullshit?

In the games where I've won, it wasn't because I was a dps god that could not
    be stopped, but because my **TEAM** was on point. Regardless of the role,
    when the team is working together, you will win. Even if you lose, at least its
    not as painful if you know your team worked together and did its best.

Very different story when you lose because some asshole refused to work with
    the team (which happens often), and a myriad of other reasons that every poster,
    including them, have mentioned.

But somehow, when those games don't happen, its not because of that shitbag,
    no, it was your fault. As if somehow, we could've, nay, SHOULD have been able
    to I dunno, will/convince/beg/suck dick/whatever said shitbag into not being one
    and working with the group.

I dunno, sounds like bullshit to me.

Gotta love it when you open over 30 loot boxes from regular play and arcades and get 3 purples and nothing else but white and blue trash, buy 20 bucks worth for your kid and she gets a dozen gold rewards, Fuck you Blizz.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes clearly.

Yes, those people seem to forget that Overwatch is a TEAM based game.

Like I've said a thousand times before, you are only as strong as your weakest link. If someone on your
    team is really bad, isn't playing well, is throwing, is trolling, leaves the game, doesn't communicate, etc.
    etc., it DRASTICALLY affects the game, as now you have one less **reliable** (being the keyword here)
    person that can either shoot, shield, or heal.

So the bullshit answer of "its always your fault" when you can't climb or are trapped in an ELO Hell, is
    exactly that.

Bullshit.

Now one poster is stupid enough to keep harping on the "get a group" mantra as a means of fixing
    being "stuck."

Unfortunately, said stupid poster forgets (because he's that ignorant) that the way the MM is set
    up is this : The more people on your team, the more "harder" opponents the MM system will seek
    out, barring setting you up with other teams of equal composition.

Which means that in a full 6-man, you could very likely get thrown against a group of smurfs, who
    would be significantly higher than you and your teammates. "Your Overwatch" has proven this, so
    it explains why a lot of people don't constantly 6 or even 4-man.

They also conveniently forget that several seasons in the past (IIRC, 4-6, maybe 7 & 8?) were universally
    griped and shit on by a number of sources for its incredibly toxic and horrible MM during those times.

Because the game's gotten much bigger, so has the "general pool" of players. Unfortunately, the system
    isn't more precise or good like it should be, because it means the system will "trap" you with other
    players who are supposedly on your "skill level", but you'll find very quickly that said players have little
    to no knowledge on proper communication, map awareness, match ups, etc.

And somehow, its "your" fault that you couldn't make it work in a team of players who are either as
    capable or sometimes moreso than you, or so fucking stupid that the Rein player charges ahead of
    the team every single time, or that the Moira would rather dps than heal.

Yep, your fault. Each time.

See what I mean by their reasoning being bullshit?

In the games where I've won, it wasn't because I was a dps god that could not
    be stopped, but because my **TEAM** was on point. Regardless of the role,
    when the team is working together, you will win. Even if you lose, at least its
    not as painful if you know your team worked together and did its best.

Very different story when you lose because some asshole refused to work with
    the team (which happens often), and a myriad of other reasons that every poster,
    including them, have mentioned.

But somehow, when those games don't happen, its not because of that shitbag,
    no, it was your fault. As if somehow, we could've, nay, SHOULD have been able
    to I dunno, will/convince/beg/suck dick/whatever said shitbag into not being one
    and working with the group.

I dunno, sounds like bullshit to me.
    Put your money where your mouth is and post videos of your game play, lets see if you are as good as you think you are. Otherwise no one here is going to believe you because -you- always ALWAYS come here to complain about how you lose because of everyone else. Its ALWAYS someone elses fault because you are apparently amazeballs.

That goes for every single one of you guys who think everyone else is holding you down. Put up a video showing your amazing skills for several games or shut up and drink your pumpkin spice latte.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2018-04-21 at 05:38 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you also missed the point too.

By pros, do you mean dps mains who can carry entire teams? You mean Master or higher players?
    Because that's why/how they can. Their level of skill is significantly higher then the ranks below.

If you're an average (Gold) or maybe slightly above average (Plat), you're going to have a much tougher
    time doing so.

Yes yes, we all know the MMR system only works for pro's.

What a logical and knowledgeable post.

Everyone else who manages to climb to the appropriate rank without floundering about and whining how they're stuck in mystical ELO must be Witch Hackers. (Those are hackers that are also witches, fyi)

The point (which you completely miss in a mind boggling amount of irony) is that the only constant variable in every single rando que match is YOU.
    YOUR gameplay is the only one you can control. YOUR gameplay is the only one you can improve.

Do me a favor; go and read any guide of tips/suggestions/whatever from any pro player on how to improve your mechanics and climb rank.

Oddly, not a single one goes "you can only climb if you get lucky enough to not get griefers and trolls soz"

You play, and you get better. That's it.

If you aren't climbing after a ton of games and time playing, its because you reached the rank you're supposed to be at, MMR isn't a leveling bar you're supposed to fill up. It stops at some point.

- - - Updated - - -

The above can help you too, if you're willing to actually try to listen to suggestions instead of being salty.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Gotta love it when you open over 30 loot boxes from regular play and arcades and get 3 purples and nothing else but white and blue trash, buy 20 bucks worth for your kid and she gets a dozen gold rewards, Fuck you Blizz.

- - - Updated - - -

Put your money where your mouth is and post videos of your game play, lets see if you are as good as you think you are. Otherwise no one here is going to believe you because -you- always ALWAYS come here to complain about how you lose because of everyone else. Its ALWAYS someone elses fault because you are apparently amazeballs.

That goes for every single one of you guys who think everyone else is holding you down. Put up a video showing your amazing skills for several games or shut up and drink your pumpkin spice latte.
    Because normal people sit around recording all their games, right? Other than the proprietary Blizz recording shit like potg etc. I wouldn't even know how to begin doing so. Most of us have lives outside of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

The above can help you too, if you're willing to actually try to listen to suggestions instead of being salty.
    No need to white knight Blizz's game devs; they're big boys and can handle the criticism when they put out a shit product in terms of matchmaking and ranking. Repeatedly stating that there's nothing to see here and everyone should just move along when there are demonstrable problems (I notice you and DMW consistently avoiding responding to the issue of people buying a new account and being placed at a completely different ranking as before despite playing the exact same way) with the system is just really lame apologism and doesn't help anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes yes, we all know the MMR system only works for pro's.
    Because somehow, you think that everyone is a pro, and therefore, using a "pro" for your
    example works?

What a logical and knowledgeable post.

Everyone else who manages to climb to the appropriate rank without floundering about and whining how they're stuck in mystical ELO must be Witch Hackers. (Those are hackers that are also witches, fyi)
    Depends on what they play, and their immediate skill level.

Either way, I mean, its not like even the pros haven't said that Ranked has sucked right? Surely not.

The point (which you completely miss in a mind boggling amount of irony) is that the only constant variable in every single rando que match is YOU.
    YOUR gameplay is the only one you can control. YOUR gameplay is the only one you can improve.
    The point, (which you completely miss in a mind boggling amount of irony) is that the
    only constant variable in every single random que match is THE TEAM. THEIR gameplay
    affects YOU, no matter how well you play. You still lose that 30 or more SR whether or
    not you played your best and they all played like shit, or if you played like shit and they
    all played their best, or a mix of both.

The game does NOT favor you and reward you with a higher position because you played
    better. You will STILL get paired with the same jackasses from before, or if not the exact
    same one, someone amazingly similar to.

When you lose, you lose AS A TEAM. And the performance of that team is what is in
    question. You can improve as much as you want, but unless you are playing a very
    high skill/reward character that can carry games, you are not going to climb if you
    consistently get paired with shitheads. And if you do, you're **extremely** lucky.

Oddly, not a single one goes "you can only climb if you get lucky enough to
    not get griefers and trolls soz"
    Jake from Team USA says that the way the MM currently is, well, its not made to
    help people improve or get better.

You play, and you get better. That's it.
    Its honestly very hard to when the teammates you get are very random in skill
    level. You learn to play better with a strong team, you don't learn very well with
    a bad one.

If you aren't climbing after a ton of games and time playing, its because you reached the rank you're supposed to be at, MMR isn't a leveling bar you're supposed to fill up. It stops at some point.
    Not true.

I was Platinum Seasons 2-4, Gold Season 5-6 (This is during the REALLY bad time period
    where Ranked was at its worst), Gold Season 7, but dropped as low as Silver 1831 (due to
    one very very VERY bad losing streak. Like at least 20 something games in a fucking row.
    Never happened prior to or since then, although the game has occasionally fucked me over
    with losing streaks that drop me as much as 1-2000 SR), and since then, Gold.

So basically, I did very well, and then suddenly MM got extremely shitty, and now I can't
    climb because of it. I didn't just suddenly forget how to play.

But I was Plat, and because of the game fucking me over royally in S5, the game has kept
    me at Gold ever since. Great system this is.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2018-04-21 at 07:44 AM.

Because normal people sit around recording all their games, right? Other than the proprietary Blizz recording shit like potg etc. I wouldn't even know how to begin doing so. Most of us have lives outside of the game..
    All I hear are excuses as to why you can't do it. If my 12 year old could stream to youtube and post her videos up in discord then I am sure you can manage too, or is it youtubes fault? It's gotta be someones fault, amirightbrah?

Here, have some pumpkin spice latte.

- - - Updated - - -

"Its everyone elses fault I am stuck in bronze! I'm really a gold, maybe diamond. Blizz stacked the deck against me, I keep getting bad team mates. Mmmm, pumpkin spice latte.... What? Prove that I don't deserve to be in bronze? Uh.... I can't... because uh.... Oh yeah I have a life! I'm too busy, can't do it even if I wanted. I mean I have time to play the game obviously but recording it would require clicking a couple buttons and THEN the playing game AT THE SAME TIME!!! Mmmm. Pumpkin Spice latte...." <- You.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by majesta View Post
    I just want to get my 9 arcade wins in each week and it has been hell the past month. So many people refuse to push objectives and prefer to stand around waiting for the match to end. Flat right out a lot of bad game play. I try to help and talk in chat, but so few want to engage. Been really toxic attitudes lately.
    go deathmatch and pick one of: junkrat, moira, roadhog, phara, brig.
    pretty easy with those heroes to land in best 4 places. ofc I dont say you cant lose with them but easier to get 9 wins in arcrade with them
    or wait till total mayhem is and pick: mei, lucio, brig, zarya, junkrat, ana or moira (you wont die so much if played right)