Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Fuck sake. It was these massive jumps in Item level that made the last squish pointless. Yet here they are doing it again. So by the end of the expansion the gap between new 120s and geared ones will be just as fucking insane as it is now. I don't understand it.
    A 5 ilvl difference between heroic dungeons and normal raid, and 35 difference between heroic dungeon and mythic raid? Yeah seems completely insane

Quote Originally Posted by Azelas View Post
    you picked a padding fight LMAO. Good fucking job my dude
    You still missed the point. No one did 300k dps in mythic EN. Your 10x increase is just bullshit and pointless mongering about insane power levels. You can pick any spec and any single target fight from EN and Antorus and you wont find a single combination with over 10x dmg increase.
    Last edited by Corroc; 2018-04-21 at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    You still missed the point. No one did 300k dps in mythic EN. Your 10x increase is just bullshit and pointless mongering about insane power levels. You can pick any spec and any single target fight from EN and Antorus and you wont find a single combination with over 10x dmg increase.
    Mythic Ursoc had a 300k dps check. While ofc later in the raid people had more gear, the right trinkets, right stats, first lego, all dps traits etc, they started to do much more.

But Initially, 300k on ST was definitely something you could see.

I don't agree that it has been a 10x increase, you're right about that. No spec is doing 3mil dps ST without some sort of questionable thing happening (Adds for locks on vari, extra things to dot, insanely fast kills etc)
    Last edited by Emerald Archer; 2018-04-21 at 03:57 AM.

There is only so much you can squish something before making gear 100% irrelevant pre-max level. Its already basically worthless pre-level 90.
    1.5 per level, then 180 at max level feels about correct (give or take).

Normal Ursoc averaged about 300k
    Mythic Ursoc 400k
    Normal Garothi is ~1.4m
    Mythic Garothi is ~1.8m

That's about a 4.5 fold increase. And remember that some of that is the artifact weapon. Most people didn't have full artifact weapons in EN. Artifact weapons are pretty much the main reason the stat inflation has been significantly higher this expansion (mine literally doubles my DPS).

If they keep curing the symptom instead of the disease this is what'll keep happening. Giving out insane rewards where your character increase in power 1000% over the course of an expansion isn't sustainable, and it sure as hell isn't fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    isn't sustainable
    Why isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Max ilvl per expansion:

Classic: 80
    TBC: 164. Increase: 84.
    Wrath: 284. Increase: 124
    Cata: 416. Increase: 132
    MOP: 616 Increase: 200
    WOD: 795 Increase: 180
    Legion: 1000 Increase: 205

The speed of the scaling steadily increased until MoP. It's far too fast now, especially between raids. Squishes allow them to keep going.
    Well that's because there's 4 raid difficulty now instead of 2 or 1.
    EACH tier increase the max ilvl by about 70 .. back in TBC, you started raiding with some shit blue ilvl 115 and the max item level was 164, so that's a 50 ilvl increase for the WHOLE expansion. But they can't do that now because the people who run easy content still want to feel like their character is improving so they need to bump up the max level gear by even more!
    Last edited by DarkBlade6; 2018-04-21 at 05:33 AM.

Deleted
    Big numbers aren't that scary. Get over it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    Big numbers aren't that scary. Get over it.
    Not sure how some people like you can COMPLETELY miss the point. It's not about the numbers, it's about how fast our character power grows. And it's been way too fast and steep since MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Not sure how some people like you can COMPLETELY miss the point. It's not about the numbers, it's about how fast our character power grows. And it's been way too fast and steep since MoP.
    Why though, people say "It's too fast" but they don't say WHY that's a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    We'll be at Cataclysm level gear in the first raid. Blizz, wouldn't it make more sense to really squish it and keep it squished?
    From the frontpage off MMO Champ.

320 bracers
    https://beta.wowdb.com/items/161071-...oe-cloth-wrist

110 pre-raid mace
    https://beta.wowdb.com/items/161118-marrow-shatter

Just to clarify, in the alpha currently early crafted gear is super low ilvl for seemingly no reason. Quests at 110 give much higher ilvl than that mace. My ilvl at 120 after only doing quests is 279~ bearing in mind that I hit 120, and had most of Nazmir to do still as I'd held off on starting it till 120 was possible. Normal dungeons at 120 seem to be giving ilvl 305 items. So take that crafted mace with a huge grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    I think the numbers atm are pmuch okay

I got 50k hp on my fresh level 120 (which about half of what It was on a fresh 85 in cata)

the numbers are big enough that they feel meaningless but not so big that you cant even make them out anymore

I think it's fine.

I think we'll get like cata first tier level of stats by the time we reach the 3rd tier.
    What? I remember doing 50k start of HC WoD and only 200k in EN Legion. This is the 3rd stat quish I think, but comparing 50k now with Cata is pretty out there.

From another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    Two things.

1. While yes, people can differentiate between 100 and 1, 000, 000. It's a little easier to see hits for 354, 610, 212 than to see you've hit for 32643123, 64454128, 9324721. Smaller numbers are easier to digest than larger numbers that's just logical.

2. Smaller numbers are easier for the engine to calculate. Ever wonder why your recount and what not started to eat up a lot more Mem? Biggers numbers means larger calculations which is more strain on the engine. Infact there was a point where it even effected the encounters as with MoP they actually hit the number cap for the engine and as such had to give Garrosh heal phases because they physically couldn't give him more health.

Ultimately, the stat squish is just a whole lot of positives with not many negatives. The only downside is some people don't like the idea of dealing "less" damage than they used to but it's all relative to enemy health so your still doing just as much damage. If you really want, just pretend there are as many 0s on the end of that number as you want.
    ^ This guy explains it perfectly !

Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    What? I remember doing 50k start of HC WoD and only 200k in EN Legion. This is the 3rd stat quish I think, but comparing 50k now with Cata is pretty out there.
    ???

I never said I was "doing" 50k
    I said I had 50k life.

and what's wrong with comparing to cata exactly?

also there was only one squish before, and that was WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Mythic Ursoc had a 300k dps check. If every DPS in the raid did 300k the fight was doable. Sure some did 350, but it was not the 1 million you posted on a ridiculously padding fight like Xavius.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, I wish they'd just do it properly.

Go back and fix every item, which can be even better due to the expansions now being streamlined to one another. Legacy raid gear should become cosmetic only, unless you're at the appropriate level, and squash everything else. I also think that they should dramatically reduce the inflation throughout the levelling AND raiding process so that we don't need to do this every two expansions, but it seems they prefer to keep using stupid formulas rather than just putting in the work to do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelas View Post
    Mythic Ursoc had a 300k dps check. If every DPS in the raid did 300k the fight was doable. Sure some did 350, but it was not the 1 million you posted on a ridiculously padding fight like Xavius.
    I was just comparing two raids end bosses. I didn't want to compare anything before that because it would be unfair to compare the top dps doing almost 3M (this the number you picked) in antorus with tier gear to EN bosses done with dungeon gear. I admit Xavius was bad pick but still its stupid comparing dungeon gear to tier bonus raid gear with NLC bonuses.

You are still free to find me that 10x increase if you want to argue about the semantics.

Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    ^ This guy explains it perfectly !
    Except he is wrong. Your CPU does not care how big a number is that its calculating with. Calculating 1+1 takes the same amount of time and memory as doing 12141214+7238232. As long as you stay below the maximum number limit, its all fine - and they increased that limit to quite a high value.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    We'll be at Cataclysm level gear in the first raid. Blizz, wouldn't it make more sense to really squish it and keep it squished?
    From the frontpage off MMO Champ.

320 bracers
    https://beta.wowdb.com/items/161071-...oe-cloth-wrist

110 pre-raid mace
    https://beta.wowdb.com/items/161118-marrow-shatter

The main reason of the squish isn't IL, it's stats and numbers. 101 primary stat and 36-46 of a secondary stat is much better than 3000 of a primary stat and 600-3500 of a secondary stat also damage numbers are going down too so there isn't going to be crazy 15 million hits.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.