213 21.19%
  • Play Horde and have no motivation

368 36.62%
  • Play Alliance and have no motivation

176 17.51%
Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    She deserved it? Because in Cataclysm she barged into his home to take his land, to convert his people and take it in the name of the horde? Because her greed got the better of her and in an attempt to kill him, killed his son instead?
    That was started by Garrosh. While she was away. Trying to kill herself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post

TLDR The horde needs a reason to fight the alliance
    So while I completely agree that the story in BFA is utter bullshit.

Your reason actually is simple: Your Warchief (an evil, cursed corpse with hatred and envy towards all living) says so.

There is no other reason why Taurens, Trolls, Belfs and even the remaining orcs have a reason to attack the Nelves. You even got a whole forest from them in Azshara to satisfy your needs of wood and farms.
    Realisticly there are no reasons for war. Varian even ackknowledged and approved the Hordes existance in SoO.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I like to write a back story for my main. (Shaman). I don't roll play. I just enjoy having a bit of story attached to my character. Mine shammy joined the earthen ring after leaving the Kor'kron towards the end of MoP. The way I am going to justify it for my character is pretend the alliance kills an orc friend in the earthen ring just because they were an Orc.

That way I can justify rejoining the horde and going to war against the alliance.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by etheldald View Post
    except of course, that this war literally started by the hatred of genn. the whole situation could have been avoided if they used diplomacy after the broken shore like they did in undercity when putress went berseck.
    this time the alliance just assume the worst and there is no evidence that they tried diplomacy. that is hatred by definition.
    Wrathgate. Seriously, how many times does the Forsaken have to fuck everyone over from atop a cliff before people start seeing a pattern?

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Justice for Taurajo!!
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Quote Originally Posted by Velgrub View Post
    Justice for Taurajo!!
    Watch your mouth, orc, otherwise Baine will exile you

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Alliance grievances include a bevy of events that would make a people in real life swear eternal hatred on those who forced such atrocities on them, such as ''they nuked our city'' or ''they keep murdering our civilians for kicks''.
    You don't see Japan swearing eternal hatred on those who actually nuked two of their cities and shat on their culture so much that it changed it forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluespiderman57 View Post
    Wrathgate. Seriously, how many times does the Forsaken have to fuck everyone over from atop a cliff before people start seeing a pattern?
    It's all because of what they are as a race. I'm too lazy to repeat myself, so I'll copy a comment from reddit that highlights the problem quite nicely.

The Forsaken have kind of been written into a corner as unsympathetic assholes that will go to any length, yet the Horde have no choice but to keep overlooking it somehow because that's the way the factions were set down at the start.

I feel like writing the Forsaken as such amoral creatures and then tying them to the Horde (who in some cases have a huge honor complex) was a mistake from the get-go. Oh well.
    The Forsaken, as they are, aren't really suitable to be a playable race, at least not in WoW. Warcraft is all about honour, valour, glory and other pretty stuff, it's reflected in all playable races to a varying degree, but the Forsaken do not care about any of that.

Sadly, there isn't much we or even Blizz can do about the Forsaken. IMHO, the best way to handle them is to simply forget about them, for instance, not include them into anything major, they should just do their own thing in irrelevant sidequests and that's it, treat them like Gnomes or, to a certain extent, Nelves.
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-04-21 at 11:06 AM. Reason: rephrased...

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Same. There's little reason for the Horde to hate the Alliance, really. Spare me the stories about internment camps
    Exactly. There are pictures made by Wildhammer Gryphon riders who were flying over these supposed Orc internment camps that clearly debunk this silly hoax. The facts are all there. You just have to do your own research.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2018-04-21 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    It's all because of what they are as a race. I'm too lazy to repeat myself, so I'll copy a comment from reddit that highlights the problem quite nicely.

The Forsaken, as they are, aren't really suitable to be a playable race, at least not in WoW. Warcraft is all about honour, valour, glory and other pretty stuff, it's reflected in all playable races to a varying degree, but the Forsaken do not care about any of that.

Sadly, there isn't much we or even Blizz can do about the Forsaken. IMHO, the best way to handle them is to simply forget about them, for instance, not include them into anything major, they should just do their own thing in irrelevant sidequests and that's it, treat them like Gnomes or, to a certain extent, Nelves.
    Maybe Forsaken should be able to fix that mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Maybe Forsaken should be able to fix that mentality.
    IMHO, it's even worse than just forgetting about their existence Just imagine Nathanos, Voss or whoever blabbering about honour and valour. Ugh, I just threw up in my mouth...

And this disdain for the Forsaken is nothing new, it's been this way since Vanilla. Whenever they're in a spotlight, there's an influx of threads about them on official and fan forums.
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-04-21 at 11:21 AM.

Sadly I feel this way as well, but I'm still a little hopeful that the novel and/or the quests leading to the attack on Teldrassil will give us something.

I feel like we should be on Sylvanas's side in order for the story to be satisfying for the Horde. They gave the Forsaken some legitimate reason to hate the Alliance, which is good - Chronicles III reveals that Stormwind killed her messengers after the third war, and then there's that quest where that Tidsage's family rejects him for looking like a zombie, even though he is still himself and only wants to protect them - but it's not really enough, it's not relevant for the Horde as a whole, and it's undermined by popular characters like Saurfang opposing Sylvanas, and her being a bitch and using shady tactics without informing the other leaders beforehand.

Maybe this is just a set-up for character growth, putting both faction leaders in a position where they need to overcome their flaws and learn how to better serve their people... a bit of an extreme starting point for her, but it could work. However, if they plan to kill her of, that would be some horrible writing. First because we just did that with Garrosh, we don't need to have the same arc all over again (this time with a much more popular character), and second because her failure would reflect poorly on Vol'jin as well, and that would flush the whole line of WoW Warchiefs down the drain.

Aaaaand it turned into alliance players wanting sylvanas dead, end thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

I mean, after what they did with Kalimdor and Teldrassil, as an alliance player and Nelf lover, I want to crush the horde for such a travesty.

Ok, here are some reasons to why the Horde hates the Alliance:

- Their arrogance and racism.
    - Orcs went into Ashenvale to gather resources twice, and the Nelves just started murdering them without a word of diplomacy.
    - Jaina tried to destroy Orgrimmar with giant waves and water elementals (yes, after Theramore, but civilians were innocent, weren't they?)
    - When the Forsaken became free from the Lich King's control, humans not only shunned them, but actively hunted them.
    - When the orcs sailed to Kalimdor, the humans pursued for no good reason.
    - Years of human and dwarven encroachment on Horde lands.
    - Taurajo.
    - The Alliance tried to kill Thrall when he left Orgrimmar for the Maelstrom.
    - They also killed innocent Goblins that were just passing by because "no witnesses".
    - The treatment of the Blood Elves during the 3rd war. We've never been shown any signs of Alliance disapproving of any of Garithos' actions.
    - Jaina's massacre of Blood Elves in Dalaran, including innocent shop-keepers who didn't know what the hell was going on.
    - Greymane attacked a Horde ship in Stormheim. Whatever your personal opinion about Sylvanas might be, his attack was still unprovoked.
    - As we know from the Blizzcon previews, humans of Kul Tiras killed all the Drust and took their lands.
    - Now Dark Iron Dwarves are in the Alliance. They're the guys who worked with the Twilight Hammer and summoned Ragnaros.
    - Enslaved Pandaren villagers and forced them to build a warcamp in Pandaria despite their objections.
    - They also nearly wiped out a Tauren tribe where the Dwarves built Bael Modan.
    - 'Fort Triumph' in the Barrens.
    - Destroying Tauren lands in Mulgore, upsetting the spirits of Earth.
    - The Horde abhors and condemns de actions of Guldan's, Blackhand's and Garrosh's Horde, while the Alliance honors and takes pride in the actions of the old Alliance (Garithos', the internment camps, etc).
    - Humans had been laying claim to Lordaeron territories BEFORE Gilneas:
    In one of Silverpine quests Sylvanas allows Gilneans to leave, after they agree to surrender. She also makes a speech to the player, where she reveals that humans have been trying to claim the lands under Forsaken control for themselves, which by all means makes them a threat to the Forsaken.

"The people who called this land their home in life, do so in death as well.
    But the alliance does not recognize our rights. They claim this land is their own while attempting to invalidate the claims of the founders of this kingdom.
    I will never allow it.... Never!".
    - In Telaar a member of the Hand of Argus orders a captured Blood Knight beaten by the Telaar Broken.
    - Killing troll children to prevent them from growing up and becoming adults.
    - Defiling lands they know are sacred for some Horde races, and retaliating in force when said people try to stop them. Like the Tauren lands in Mulgore or the Frostwolf domains in Alterac Valley.
    - Admiral Rodgers ordered the mass slaughter of defenseless Horde soldiers who were in the water in Jade Forest intro. So much for thei vaunted honor.
    - Brutal torture of prisoners during the Cataclysm war such as gorging out the eyes of their prisoners for information.
    - Deceive and sabotage of the High Kingdom.
    - Questionable attacks upon the Forsaken during the Northrend wars.
    - Systematically suppression of any none members of the Alliance.
    - Outright attempt of assassination and capture of the Horde warchief twice now.

And most importantly, I hate the Alliance, mainly, because most of their player fanboys are outright intolerable, tunnel-visioned, arrogant, racist, hypocritical little wimps that just won't stop whining about "favoritism" and their god damned High Elves while refusing to look beyond their one-dimensional capabilities of story and character comprehension ("sylvanus and teh Horde are EVOL REEEEEEEE").

Don't bother with the "but Horde did this..." or "that was in response to that...". That's not the point. Both factions ahve done terrible things to each other, many terrible things, and at this point, it's dumb and useless to see who shot first. There have been a least 5 times I can recall where the Horde got framed and the Alliance just didn't want to listen; not including the Broken Shore fiasco.

Depending on whether the Alliance fanbase considers the actions of Putress, Varimathras and the rest of the traitors, as something to blame the Horde for or not: The Alliance would be or not accountable for the crimes of Fandral or Benedictus, both of whom had the full endorsement of their respective races until they showed their true colours (much like Putress and Varimathras, to follow the examples mentioned).

So there ya go. Both sides have plenty of reasons to hate each other, and if you want to play where everyone is friends vs the big bads, go play Final Fantasy XIV or something.
    Last edited by Gherothar; 2018-04-21 at 11:44 AM.

Awaiting for the full context of the story before I criticize it for what it is.

My naive side is insisting that Blizzard isn't dumb enough to pull a Garrosh 2.0. Nor have full out on war be pulled out of their arses.

Until all the story is available for us to delve into, these sort of topics and theories are completely useless.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    "Only one of us wanted this war"
    Says Anduin to Glen Glen the mad doggo or Jaina the crazy milf...

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudas View Post
    Says Anduin to Glen Glen the mad doggo or Jaina the crazy milf...
    Jaina's a mom?

----

The Horde and Alliance are neither good nor evil ... members can be, but they arent as whole.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Jaina's a mom?
    Almost, its only a matter of time before her half-dragon eggs hatch and become trash pack before her bossfight.

Deleted
    Gameplay - im horde i want to kill every aliancie player no peace... This game is called warcraft
    Story-i love both storylines...and i know somebody pull strings so im just wait