Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    They were already hentai elves with the primarily matriarchal culture and almost all women alone, together, for ten thousand years.
    Mmmm... bunch of hippy Nelf women alone together for ten thousand years... Why can't we get THOSE cinematics?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

7+ Year Old Account
    It makes sense that the Humans are the center of the Alliance, just as the Orcs were the center before Sylvanas was announced Warchief (even though that's not working out in my opinion). The whole conflict between the Alliance and Horde as well as the roots of those factions are Humans vs Orcs. The other races were always sidekicks which were occupied with other matters happening around Azeroth (Night Elves with their corrupted dreams/tree, Dwarves with their own problems + finding their origins, Forsaken with the Scourge, and so on). In the aspects of Horde vs. Alliance it was mostly Human/Orc centered, the rest was a good mix of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Leodric View Post
    It makes sense that the Humans are the center of the Alliance, just as the Orcs were the center before Sylvanas was announced Warchief (even though that's not working out in my opinion). The whole conflict between the Alliance and Horde as well as the roots of those factions are Humans vs Orcs. The other races were always sidekicks which were occupied with other matters happening around Azeroth (Night Elves with their corrupted dreams/tree, Dwarves with their own problems + finding their origins, Forsaken with the Scourge, and so on). In the aspects of Horde vs. Alliance it was mostly Human/Orc centered, the rest was a good mix of all.
    Blizzard trying to push this narative doesnt make it right. You can see how everyone feels about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    I was never so happy that the Blood Elves are in the Horde. Even the thought that they would spout that garbage aswell if they put them in the Alliance...

"zug zug" doesn't seem that bad, after all.
    Same. Lor'themar saying "Go back to your boy king" made me swell with Sin'dorei pride.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Blizzard trying to push this narative doesnt make it right. You can see how everyone feels about it.
    everyone

Depends what you subjectively feel as right regarding the lore of a fantasy game.

everyone

Depends what you subjectively feel as right regarding the lore of a fantasy game.
    Maybe dont make everything revolve around boring humans when there are more interesting species you can focus on. Not even warhammer fantasy put such an emphasis on perfect humans, other than them being favoured by the dark gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    And yet Xavius played him, every single time. Creation of Teldrassil, the Nightmare War and in Legion.
    i really wish the fight with xavius had been less typical wow villain than it was.

he was such a cunning and witty enemy until we actually fought him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    And yet Xavius played him, every single time. Creation of Teldrassil, the Nightmare War and in Legion.
    Played what? It had nothing to do with Malfurion being unaware of the corruption. Creation of Teldrassil was by Fandral and Malfurion was against it. The Nightmare again was by Fandral who help Xavius trapped him. In Legion, he knew immedietely that something was wrong and went to Val'sharah. Just because Xavius and his master was strong doesn't really mean that Malfurion was ignorant of the situations.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Maybe dont make everything revolve around boring humans when there are more interesting species you can focus on. Not even warhammer fantasy put such an emphasis on perfect humans, other than them being favoured by the dark gods.
    Where is it everything? You write as if Humans get 90% of the screen time. That's just not true, also since when are warcraft humans depicted as perfect? In Legion it was the Draenai + a variety of elves, in WoD it was the Orcs and speaking from the alliance side again a bunch of draenais. MoP it was a good mix of everything in my opinion and now in BFA Humans get more screentime, at least what we see from the beginning, the expansion has a long way to go and it might change.

I really don't see any Human bias from Blizzards side.

Deleted
    Does the two - three thousand years thing suggest the High Elves and Night Elves has communication with one another after the War of the Ancients

Has that ever been hinted at before?

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Does the two - three thousand years thing suggest the High Elves and Night Elves has communication with one another after the War of the Ancients

Has that ever been hinted at before?
    Who knows. It might be yet another date they picked randomly or because it sounded cool, saying something like "8-10 thousand years" isn't as cool, moreover "10 thousand years" is overused af.

It's not the first time they pick dates this way, when they announced Legion it's stated that the assault on BT had happened 10 years ago, which's wrong, and later Blizz removed it from almost everywhere, now it's just "years ago". They picked "10 years ago" because it either sounded better than "6 years ago" or happened 10 years ago IRL
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-04-21 at 10:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Dont call it an Alliance and say that the other races matter when they clearly dont is the core of it.

We've come to the point where we can ask: Why does the Alliance even have races other than human?

Its less that I hate humans, more than I hate that they are all that matters.
    But is it really that much different with the Horde? The Horde has been mainly Orcs, Undead and Blood Elves. Oh, yes, they changed their Warchief. The Trolls really shone with Warchief Vol'jin... No, of course not, WoD has been all about Orcs. What was the last important thing the Tauren did or where they were the focus? I mean the actual Horde faction, not the Tauren offshoots (Taunka, Yaungols and Highmountain). What has Baine ever done? The Goblins do not play a role much more important than the Gnomes in the Alliance.

All things considered, while the Alliance's focus is put mainly on Humans, most Alliance races have had their fair share of the limelight lately. We have seen a lot of the Draenei, the Night Elves played a huge role in Legion (and it's not about to end in BfA), the Worgen were in Stormheim and Greymane is one of Anduin's advisors. Granted, the Dwarves haven't done a lot since Cataclysm, but Magni did return in Legion and with the Dark Irons in the fold, Moira is bound to play a role in BfA. Mekkatorque seems bound to remain the "Q" of the Alliance...

Of course, the Alliance seems to be run by Anduin, counselled by two advisors, Velen and Greymane: a human, a Draenei and a Worgen. It gives the impression that the other races are excluded. But who are Sylvanas' advisors and when do we see them?
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Well, you're playing the wrong genre then, humans are the centre of pretty much any fantasy. In almost every fantasy setting they're short-lived "underdogs" who in reality are OP af: better mages than elves, better warriors than orcs, better cooks than nomi, etc.

Settings where humans are shit and can't do anything about it are pretty much non-existent and niche. The majority of us, readers/players, has really boring interests, so it's easier to identify with literal humans because human-like elves aren't human enough. And OPnese is there because of escapism, no one wants to be a loser in a book/game because, in all honesty, many are losers IRL.
    All strongest human individuals has always being empowered by large source of power or given OP blessings.
    Varian is a good warrior but without blessing and power of Goldrinn was only few times able to overpower garrosh and many fights where that Garrosh got tired out and started slow which gave Varian the advantages. Like all old Orchiss leader could kick Garroshes ass and only Human that fought with no OP blessing was Lothar and he who lost to Doomhammer, even though Lothar had tons of more experience than Orgrim.

I do agree humans have more natural talent for arcade than Elves, but same was said about ogres of Gorian and Khadgar described them arcadely supreme and the orcs have inherited that aptitude. Even though the humans where skilled they have produced quit few note worthy individuals who wield only their own power, Jaina stole powers from Ra-den, Guardiangs. Antonidas,Khadgar, Rhonin and Modera are like the only ones and Khadgar was trained by Medivh and Rhonin was mentored by Krasus. Also Khadgar had to run away in wod from Ner'zhul when he was with Thrall, Liadrin, Maraad and the adventurers.

You forget that the time when the series was most popular and what made the series what it is, was WC3. Which didnt have all that much Orc vs Human. The Orc vs Human bit was always something that was around when the game was at its least popular. Hell, vanilla didn't have Orc vs Human did it?

Tired of that tired old "This is the base of the series" bullshit. If that were true it'd be more accurate to say the roots are demonic orcs vs medival knights and wizards humans (and humans no longer have their knights).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    All strongest human individuals has always being empowered by large source of power or given OP blessings.
    Varian is a good warrior but without blessing and power of Goldrinn was only few times able to overpower garrosh and many fights where that Garrosh got tired out and started slow which gave Varian the advantages. Like all old Orchiss leader could kick Garroshes ass and only Human that fought with no OP blessing was Lothar and he who lost to Doomhammer, even though Lothar had tons of more experience than Orgrim.

I do agree humans have more natural talent for arcade than Elves, but same was said about ogres of Gorian and Khadgar described them arcadely supreme and the orcs have inherited that aptitude. Even though the humans where skilled they have produced quit few note worthy individuals who wield only their own power, Jaina stole powers from Ra-den, Guardiangs. Antonidas,Khadgar, Rhonin and Modera are like the only ones and Khadgar was trained by Medivh and Rhonin was mentored by Krasus. Also Khadgar had to run away in wod from Ner'zhul when he was with Thrall, Liadrin, Maraad and the adventurers.
    Go ahead and point out some other major mages on Alliance side then. Go on, feel free.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

You forget that the time when the series was most popular and what made the series what it is, was WC3. Which didnt have all that much Orc vs Human. The Orc vs Human bit was always something that was around when the game was at its least popular. Hell, vanilla didn't have Orc vs Human did it?

Tired of that tired old "This is the base of the series" bullshit. If that were true it'd be more accurate to say the roots are demonic orcs vs medival knights and wizards humans (and humans no longer have their knights).

- - - Updated - - -

Go ahead and point out some other major mages on Alliance side then. Go on, feel free.
    My point is that Alliance don't have any great mages besides them. Meaning humans potential is overrated.

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt Warcraft was more popular before WoW classic than after, and in WC3 RoC + TFT it was still a lot of focus on Human characters if not the most focus. Also I don't see a connection between warcraft losing subs and human bias in lore. WoW lost subs at the beginning of cata (an expansion with a lot of focus on other races than the Humans) and had it's peak during Wotlk, an expansion focused on the Lich King (Arthas being a Human himself before becoming a DK).

Of Course Warcraft is much more than Orcs vs. Humans but my argument was based on why it makes sense to put Humans and Orcs in a PvP kind of focus since this is the base of the series all along. There are also many other arguments in this topic why it makes sense that the Horde is Orc focused while the Alliance is Human focused.

Deleted
    I doubt Warcraft was more popular before WoW classic than after, and in WC3 RoC + TFT it was still a lot of focus on Human characters if not the most focus. Also I don't see a connection between warcraft losing subs and human bias in lore. WoW lost subs at the beginning of cata (an expansion with a lot of focus on other races than the Humans) and had it's peak during Wotlk, an expansion focused on the Lich King (Arthas being a Human himself before becoming a DK).
    Humans didn't even get a campaign in TFT, and in RoC the human storyline served more as an origin story for the Scourge and Arthas.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    Humans didn't even get a campaign in TFT, and in RoC the human storyline served more as an origin story for the Scourge and Arthas.
    Only because they did not get a campaign doesn't mean it was about Human characters. Arthas was Human and TFT in it's essence is all about him. Also in the Campaign.
    Plus saying it "only" served as a origin story for basically the biggest villain for TFT is underrated. Humans also played later a role with Jaina defending the world tree + many missions as Orc and NE + UD you had to fight Humans.

Only because they did not get a campaign doesn't mean it was about Human characters. Arthas was Human and TFT in it's essence is all about him. Also in the Campaign.
    Plus saying it "only" served as a origin story for basically the biggest villain for TFT is underrated. Humans also played later a role with Jaina defending the world tree + many missions as Orc and NE + UD you had to fight Humans.
    At least the humans werent this superpower world police that they are now apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    The questline in teldrassil is all about how the last remaining corrupted has been flushed out and has the player go super sayan cleaning it with the power of Elune. The tree is clean, people must stop trying to justify Sylvannas with their headcanon.
    I didn't say anything about Sylvannas, I was saying the tree was corrupted at some point. That's not headcannon that is lore.