Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Future Warfront Speculation

Let's play a small game in here.

Let's speculate what future warfronts could be added to the game.

If possible, list the Warfront you think is going to be added and provide a reason for the fight.

So as an example...

Arathi Highlands: The Horde and the Alliance clash over the immensely strategic city of Stromgarde, the Horde to assist in it's efforts to reclaim the Undercity and the Alliance to prevent the Horde doing just that.

One ground rule is of course that Warfront Barrens is pretty much a given at this point, but feel free to list the reasons you think it's become a point of contention. It's pure speculation, so make up any story you wish.

I believe that we will end up with four warfronts total, including Arathi. So having said that, here are my guesses.

Warfront Southern Barrens: At some point, the Alliance will score a major symbolic win by securing Dustwallow Marsh and rebuilding Theramore as a symbol of Alliance might. Theramore might look exactly as it did before or it could be a new Night Elven city or it could be some kind of hybrid, but it's put back on the map. To secure Theramore and the Alliance presence on Kalimdor as well as to threaten the Horde capital of Orgimmar, a drive is made into the Southern Barrens. Horde forces rush to meet the threat.

Warfront Ghostlands: Blizzard takes the opportunity to update Quel'thalas, making it flyable and bringing the zones onto the Eastern Kingdom map rather than Outland (because the Draenei starting zones are an isolated set of islands, they don't need to be afforded the same treatment).
    Alleria Windrunner promised her people that she would return one day, and return she did at the head of an Alliance strike force sent to seize the Sunwell in an attempt to compel the Blood Elves to surrender. While the attempt failed, the Alliance invasion of the Ghostlands that served as a distraction has gotten bogged down, with control of the zone switching between both sides. For the Horde, protecting Silvermoon is an absolute priority due to it's location as their last major presence in the Eastern Kingdoms and the presence of the large Blood Elven civilian population. For the Alliance, control of the Ghostlands would allow them to threaten the Horde's last capital in the Eastern Kingdoms and it ties up Horde resources.

Warfront Westfall: The breadbasket of the Kingdom of Stormwind and a soft target on the Alliance's western flank, Westfall is an obvious location for the Horde to strike in an attempt to gain a foothold in the southern Eastern Kingdoms and threaten the Alliance capital. Squads of Forsaken eagerly await permission to swarm the countryside, mowing down any human they can find and carrying their corpses back for resurrection as new Undead. The Alliance has a vested interest in protecting their people and preventing the Horde establishing a military presence this close to the heart of their kingdom.

So those are my guesses.

Anyone else have any?

Deleted
    I love to see a Notherend, Broken isles and Jade Forest one.

Broken isles one could be joint highmountain/Nighborne attack on Val'sharah. To oust Night Elven forces there. Maybe to claim the tears of Elune?

Jade Forest could just be Hozen and Jinyu fighting again but this time with MAJOR faction backing. Hozen in control of Horde Warmachines.

Notherend I don't know. Maybe wrathgate their are large faction bases on each side. I can't think of anything of worth in Northernd. Maybe taunka and ice dwarves fighting one another of a titan weapon in storm peaks?
    Last edited by mmoc8d6f890807; 2018-04-21 at 11:19 AM.

I like those ideas. I think there are lots of places out in the world they could do this. I think Darkshore or Tirisfal (or maybe it would be better as Western Plaguelands or Silverpine) are possibilities given what happens at the start of the expansion. With the Dark Irons joining the Alliance, Searing Gorge is a good target, too. It's a pretty big zone that they could do a lot with. I like the idea of using the older expansion zones like Pandaria and Northrend, you could have one in Sholazar Basin if some Azerite pops up there for instance, the thick jungle could make it interesting.

Deleted
    Also as a partner with Ghsotlands. Bloodmyst invasion. Since their pushing the Horde as the villains you could do references to the old Horde. Maybe the Horde have to collect Dreani prisoners for use of fel fuel.

If they want a golden opportunity to give Wildhammer Dwarves to the Alliance and Forest Trolls to the Horde as Allied Races, they could make a Hinterlands Warfront.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I want to see Warfront:Suramar with more naval stuff. And it would make perfect sense, Suramar City is giant port between Zandalar and Kul Tiras, also not neutral (owned by Horde). I bet Alliance would like to do something about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    I love to see a Notherend, Broken isles and Jade Forest one.

Broken isles one could be joint highmountain/Nighborne attack on Val'sharah. To oust Night Elven forces there. Maybe to claim the tears of Elune?

Jade Forest could just be Hozen and Jinyu fighting again but this time with MAJOR faction backing. Hozen in control of Horde Warmachines.

Notherend I don't know. Maybe wrathgate their are large faction bases on each side. I can't think of anything of worth in Northernd. Maybe taunka and ice dwarves fighting one another of a titan weapon in storm peaks?
    Northrend is absolutely full of titan tech, dragon relics, and an insane amount of lumber. Without the scourge it’s a prime location for colonization
    Some people really like flavor. Occasionally subsisting on nutrient paste just doesn't feel the same as eating a steak. I get that flavor isn't for everyone, but I doubt removing all cosmetic indicators from the game would be appealing either. Nobody want to log in, queue to fight modestly sized blue checked box boss #7, initiate combat using an attack sequence of abilities 1-7 with a 13 beat repeat coda intermittently, and collect item level 630 slot 7 gear either.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    Northrend is absolutely full of titan tech, dragon relics, and an insane amount of lumber. Without the scourge it’s a prime location for colonization
    Yeah, without the Scourge. But you know, it's actually full of Scourge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Yeah, without the Scourge. But you know, it's actually full of Scourge.
    Isn’t the scourge mostly contained to icecrown now?
    Some people really like flavor. Occasionally subsisting on nutrient paste just doesn't feel the same as eating a steak. I get that flavor isn't for everyone, but I doubt removing all cosmetic indicators from the game would be appealing either. Nobody want to log in, queue to fight modestly sized blue checked box boss #7, initiate combat using an attack sequence of abilities 1-7 with a 13 beat repeat coda intermittently, and collect item level 630 slot 7 gear either.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    If they want a golden opportunity to give Wildhammer Dwarves to the Alliance and Forest Trolls to the Horde as Allied Races, they could make a Hinterlands Warfront.
    I like this idea however maybe its too close to Arathi warfront :/

I want a Ghostlands one (Where the Horde kill the whole Silver Covenant and end the High Elf thing once and for all). I think the Barrens is inevitable.

A second Battle for Blackrock Spire in Burning Steppes. A huge war on the slopes of the volcano, in the shadow of Lothar's statue.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Deleted
    Something in southern Kalimdor, perhaps Feralas? Would be nice to see tauren involvement, there are also horde ogres plot that can be integrated in the warfront interestingly. Alliance would obviously be night elves, but also maybe Grimtotem from Stonetalon? Would also love to see their return.
    I seriously just hope it wont be Ashenvale, cause I was sick of that boring zone even in 2008. Barrens is also kind of overused. Would much prefer less popular zones.

Here are my ideas:

Warfront: Ashenvale - Sentinels vs Kalimdor Horde(With Nightborne)

Warfront: Thousand Needles - Gnomeregan vs Bilgewater Cartel. Basically Gnomish Subs vs Goblin navy in the watershed zone.

Warfront: Crystalsong Forest - Sunreavers vs Silver Covenant. Magic Based.

Warfront: Hinterlands - Revantusk Trolls vs Wildhammer Dwarfs. More focused on ground combat and fighting in the forest with troll berserkers, dire trolls, witch doctors on one side and mountain kings, shamans and the like on the other.

Warfront: Twilight Highlands - Dragonmaw Orcs vs Wildhammer Dwarfs. Focused on aerial supremacy with Gryphons vs. Proto-Drakes.

Warfront: Feralas. Feathermoon Stronghold vs an updated Horde port in Desolace. Can send waves of Ogre mercenaries by defeating the King in Dire Maul, and the Centaur can be hired for the right price.

Warfront: Borean Tundra. The Alliance and Horde jockey for control of the only land route into Sholazar, where Azurite has been popping up. Valiance Keep vs Warsong Hold. Bolvar is also there trying to deal with a rogue Lich, and those who earn his favour will gain powerful frost wyrms to assist them.

Warfront: Dread Wastes. Turns out the mantid were digging deep before, and Azurite has started appearing. Alliance and Horde ships rush out, and battle erupts with the old Paragons area as the centre point. A nacsent Mantid Queen will direct her remaining forces to assist whichever faction offers the largest tribute.

Warfront: Tol Barad. Naval battle between Alliance and Horde as the two to secure another route into Gilneas and the Northern Eastern Kingdoms.

Warfront: Quel'thelas. Alleria seeks to gain control of the gate into the Ghostlanda, which will ideally lead To forcing Silvermoon to surrender. Halduron has been commanded to stop the Alliance incursion. Subterfuge can lead the surviving Amani to attack either the attacking Alliance or the defending Horde (since both sides are Elves).
    Last edited by Choppersan; 2018-04-21 at 03:39 PM.

Deleted
    Northern Stranglethorn, Rumble in the Jungle.

With the Zandalari joining the Horde, other Troll tribes follow suit. The remnants of the Skullsplitter and Bloodscalp tribes work with the Darkspear and Zandalari to consolidate the Stranglethorn Trolls and retake Zul'Gurub(now with a fresh new look). Alliance can't afford to have such a strong Horde base with many new allies so close to the human lands, so they fight for control of it.

Stranglethorn Vale has always been a warzone full of ganking, so it's the perfect choice to become a Warfront.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Knight Reyson View Post

With the Zandalari joining the Horde, other Troll tribes follow suit. The remnants of the Skullsplitter and Bloodscalp tribes work with the Darkspear and Zandalari to consolidate the Stranglethorn Trolls and retake Zul'Gurub(now with a fresh new look). Alliance can't afford to have such a strong Horde base with many new allies so close to the human lands, so they fight for control of it.

Stranglethorn Vale has always been a warzone full of ganking, so it's the perfect choice to become a Warfront.
    I would love that, Warfront in the North and pve content for the one holding it in the south.

A visually updated Stranglethron without that ugly Cataclysm additions would be amazing.

The Horde could rally the remaining jungle trolls and the Alliance builds up the expeditionary forces once again.
    Last edited by George Lucas; 2018-04-21 at 03:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Knight Reyson View Post

Quote Originally Posted by George Lucas View Post
    I would love that, Warfront in the North and pve content for the one holding it in the south.

A visually updated Stranglethron without that ugly Cataclysm additions would be amazing.

The Horde could rally the remaining jungle trolls and the Alliance builds up the expeditionary forces once again.
    Agreed that sounds amazing, my Westfall concept was based on the idea there has to be a threat from the Horde to Stormwind, just as the Barrens warfront is a threat to Orgrimmar.

Warfront Stranglethorn checks all the boxes and is even better.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Agreed that sounds amazing, my Westfall concept was based on the idea there has to be a threat from the Horde to Stormwind, just as the Barrens warfront is a threat to Orgrimmar.

Warfront Stranglethorn checks all the boxes and is even better.
    Horde starts in Grom'gol and tries to negotiate with the tribes, while fighting off alliance spies.

Alliance takes over Kurzen's Compound and harasses the native trolls.

Than a final battle in Zul'gurub and either the Horde defends it or the alliance sacks it.

Afterwards there would be world quests in the south, involving the Venture Co. and a Naga invasion, to tie it in with the general theme of BfA's pve content.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    Isn’t the scourge mostly contained to icecrown now?
    Don't know exactly. Still, I don't think many people want to settle next to horde of undeads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Don't know exactly. Still, I don't think many people want to settle next to horde of undeads.
    "Next to" is a bit of a stretch lore-wise. Remember this is an entire continent we're talking about. I don't think a lot of people want to be in Yemen right now, but Dubai is alright. And that's me under-estimating Northrend's scale by a lot. Even when the Scourge was a threat, the taunka, tuskarr, and others were still getting by.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Barrens is probably the most likely one and well nostalgia(Barrens was a questing zone in vanilla for a long time and got touched in Cata so...yeah..THEMATIC!) I'd prefer Ashenvale though.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Warfront to take Quel'thalas makes the most sense.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."