Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So, the Mag'har . . . [Spoilers?]

We know from the way we recruit the Mag'har into the Horde is by going to their Universe at their "current" time.

They have been left to their own devices for three to four decades. With all of the Iron Horde technology left behind, and us defeating all of their opposition, the Mag'har could advance uninhibited. Are the Mag'har the most technologically advanced race behind Draenei?

So we recruit those Maghar and not the TBC timeline Maghar?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    So we recruit those Maghar and not the TBC timeline Maghar?
    yes, the mag'har we get are the AU orcs.

- - - Updated - - -

OT: they are orcs, obviously not.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    yes, the mag'har we get are the AU orcs.

- - - Updated - - -

OT: they are orcs, obviously not.
    Sorry been out of the loop for a while. Just had a baby. On topic, dont think orcs get super advanced.

OP does make a fair point though, Mag'har should feel far more technologically inclined than our normal Orcs at the very least.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what of Outland? Or has it completely disintegrated into nothing. There was a toy in WoD that was able to summon a mage (I forget who) and he tells us that Outland is deteriorating at a rapid rate.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Parrot View Post
    So what of Outland? Or has it completely disintegrated into nothing. There was a toy in WoD that was able to summon a mage (I forget who) and he tells us that Outland is deteriorating at a rapid rate.
    That's Vargoth, IIRC.

EDIT: yes, Archmage Vargoth: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=19644/ima...chmage-vargoth
    And the toy: http://www.wowhead.com/item=118191/a...hs-spare-staff
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    OP does make a fair point though, Mag'har should feel far more technologically inclined than our normal Orcs at the very least.
    Well the Horde has combustion engines and flying warships. The AU Orcs have all of the steampunk fixtures like trains and such. But we were occupied by the Legion, they could grow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    We know from the way we recruit the Mag'har into the Horde is by going to their Universe at their "current" time.

They have been left to their own devices for three to four decades. With all of the Iron Horde technology left behind, and us defeating all of their opposition, the Mag'har could advance uninhibited. Are the Mag'har the most technologically advanced race behind Draenei?
    I bet the Draenai taught them the ways of the artificers by now and combine that with what they got in WoD.....the mag'har and dreanai probably got some terrifying weapons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    They should be, if they made amends with the dreanai they probably know a lot.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Orcs are morons so I doudt it, I’d bet on gnomes or dwarfs any day.

Question is, how much of that technology was left, how many people were there to operate it, as even the Iron Horde showed some Goblin involvement and lastly whether they were willing to use tech from Garrosh, a dude that basically tricked them into attacking a world they had no business for the sake of revenge.

I mean the AU Orcs probably went back to spiritual worship for guidance, if the Spirits said "stop using that shit" they probably listened.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Parrot View Post
    I mean the people we worked with during three Outland campaigns haven't really reappeared. People like Arator show up, but not many others. If I'm wrong please let me know.

But we don't know what comes of Outland. We leave around the time of the Shattered Sun Offensive. Mechanically the portal stayed open until it was switched to AU. It may not have in lore. And it wasn't reopened or switched back.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    I bet the Draenai taught them the ways of the artificers by now and combine that with what they got in WoD.....the mag'har and dreanai probably got some terrifying weapons.

- - - Updated - - -

They should be, if they made amends with the dreanai they probably know a lot.
    This thread makes some fine points about technological advancement of the AU orcs and their relationship with the AU draenei civilization, however what is more probable to happen is Blizzard ignoring the possibilities and not exploring the possible story development here.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Question is, how much of that technology was left, how many people were there to operate it, as even the Iron Horde showed some Goblin involvement and lastly whether they were willing to use tech from Garrosh, a dude that basically tricked them into attacking a world they had no business for the sake of revenge.

I mean the AU Orcs probably went back to spiritual worship for guidance, if the Spirits said "stop using that shit" they probably listened.
    I'd like to see what they show in the scenario to recruit them. From what we've seen of it, the map, their capital is in Gorgrond and it's a massive iron structure.

Last edited by Linkedblade; 2018-04-21 at 06:07 PM.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They’ll probably have the same technology as Iron Horde did.

Orcs have been shown in Warcraft to be adaptable with tech, sure the goblins teach them but the Orcs are out there making and operating a lot of their own gear now, the whole ‘Orcs are stupid’ thing doesn’t need hold water anymore.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    This thread makes some fine points about technological advancement of the AU orcs and their relationship with the AU draenei civilization, however what is more probable to happen is Blizzard ignoring the possibilities and not exploring the possible story development here.
    With the Iron Horde allying or befriending the Ogres, the Mag'har could have the link needed to recruit them into the Horde.

5+ Year Old Account
    The tech revolution for the AU Orcs was courtesy of Garrosh and his Blackfuse crew. I doubt the AU Orcs would have advanced very far past where they were in WoD.
    Owner & Operator of The Barrens Grind Support Group
    Survivor of Early TBC Ganklethorn Vale
    Horde Till I Die

Could they not have stopped development on the Iron machines, seeing as it did lead to the downfall of their warlords and that led to a group in their society going back to follow Gul'dan?

Could be taboo to them to develop further instead of just adapting existing structures for living purposes.

I don't see the orcs as being technological innovators. Most likely they've continued to use the technology but have not advanced it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    With the Iron Horde allying or befriending the Ogres, the Mag'har could have the link needed to recruit them into the Horde.
    I'd rather have the allied race be Ogres already on Azeroth. The Stonemaul are already in the Horde, why not flesh them out more? Have them expand their base in Dustwallow or Feralas into a full-fledged town. The Horde already got some high population allied races, so it's only fair to get one that's a bit smaller(like Void Elves) and already more or less part of the faction(like Dark Iron Dwarves).