Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Fortnite GFX are a nod to Wow2

I have been saying on here for quite a while now that I think Wow2 is being made now for some time. Tonight, my nephews begged me to go home and try Fornite and I did. I didn't see what was so good about the game (compared to the amount of players it has and hype) but I did see how Wow2 might look. Fortnite looks way better than wow and if you give it a try and think about Wow, you see how it could be and probably how it will look seeing as most of the team have left for a secret proj except Ion. It's so obviously Wow2. All looks like a Wow2 Nagrand to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    You may be right but i wouln't get my hopes up.

Wait so because Fortnite means Blizzard is already working on a WoW 2?

Fortnite is far from the same style, it's more akin to Wildstar. I personally don't like the style, and I imagine a lot of people won't either, considering the outrage the Cataclysm and character models created.

Fortnite isn't even a Blizzard game, I don't understand your point.

Also, WoW 2 happens every 2 years, it's called expansions.

What? Why Fortnite and not...you know...Overwatch?

"Art style" is just an excuse concocted by Blizzard to make low-res models for everything.

Blizzard risks a lot with making WoW2. Fracturing WoW playerbase, and the fact that WoW's engine is so old is actually a pro over a con, its a lot more accessible to a wider playerbase than newer MMOs that need higher requirements to play them. Look at Counter-Strike. Patch 1.6 came out in 2003, 15 years ago. The game right now still has more players currently playing it than modern AAA games.

I think wow should actually go more cartoony, but more like in the ashbringer cartoons (ages ago) or others, not the ACME loony toons direction.

The premise for this thread is still rubbish.

Wow 2 is not happening.
    It’s either going to die or they’ll port it to a new engine.

They tried it with Titan for too many years, it didnt work, and from the scraps they
    Made overwatch.
    I've no idea what to write here.

Fortnight art style is indeed very reminiscent of WoW. I think that if WoW2 was in development however we would know about it on some level. Blizzard is good at keeping secrets but not that good.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    "Art style" is just an excuse concocted by Blizzard to make low-res models for everything.

You can see every individual feather on this parrot mount, and even notches/splits in a great many of them. On Rexxar, you can see every ripple in his muscles, arm hair, tuft of fur, stitch on his leather bag & gear, crack/notch/crevice in the animal bones, every wrinkle on his face, the wrinkles in his elbow skin, layer & direction of leather wrappings on his boots. Even the rough, slightly eroding quality of his shoulder tattoos.. How in the world is that low-res? If you were trying to refer to polygon count, again I just ask you to look at the models, and even find their animations in the model viewer. Ever since WoD, WoW's models have phenomenally improved in all respects. Just compare that Rexxar to the original model. Or compare the old character models to the updated ones we have as of WoD.

Just because Blizzard choose to digitally paint their textures over rendering graphics using some modern engine like what you see in every other game, does not mean WoW is low-res, or that Blizzard is "concocting an excuse". The painted-on "cartoony" look is a unique aesthetic which draws from the game's old Warcraft 3 roots (and this also allows for computers of virtually any specs to handle the game). As the graphics of this game have visibly improved since vanilla, that look has stayed consistent while looking better with every expansion as well. I'm pretty certain this what an artstyle is, and why pretty much everyone considers this look to be the game's artstyle.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2018-04-21 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    That's why most new models have high texture/poly counts along with a decent amount of detail yes?

If you say so then.

And as @Mellrod posted above those are most certainly not "low res" models. If you think that then I don't know what to say other than to question the train of thought that went into your statement.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-04-21 at 11:41 PM.

Crowfall has a way more similar art style to Fornite than WoW does.

Anyway, I wouldn't count on WoW 2 for a long time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    I have been saying on here for quite a while now that I think Wow2 is being made now for some time. Tonight, my nephews begged me to go home and try Fornite and I did. I didn't see what was so good about the game (compared to the amount of players it has and hype) but I did see how Wow2 might look. Fortnite looks way better than wow and if you give it a try and think about Wow, you see how it could be and probably how it will look seeing as most of the team have left for a secret proj except Ion. It's so obviously Wow2. All looks like a Wow2 Nagrand to me.
    That is some Stretch Armstrong reaching and some Hawking level mental gymnastics you are do and we wont even get into the level of suspension of reality that you are engaging in.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Wtf does Fortnite have to do with WoW2? Lots of games look better than WoW. People don't play WoW for ground breaking graphics. What a waste of space this post is lmao
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Fortnite isn't even a Blizzard game, I don't understand your point.

Also, WoW 2 happens every 2 years, it's called expansions.
    That's called expansions. Expansions to a game =/= new game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post

You can see every individual feather on this parrot mount, and even notches/splits in a great many of them. On Rexxar, you can see every ripple in his muscles, arm hair, tuft of fur, stitch on his leather bag & gear, crack/notch/crevice in the animal bones, every wrinkle on his face, the wrinkles in his elbow skin, layer & direction of leather wrappings on his boots. Even the rough, slightly eroding quality of his shoulder tattoos.. How in the world is that low-res? If you were trying to refer to polygon count, again I just ask you to look at the models, and even find their animations in the model viewer. Ever since WoD, WoW's models have phenomenally improved in all respects. Just compare that Rexxar to the original model. Or compare the old character models to the updated ones we have as of WoD.

Just because Blizzard choose to digitally paint their textures over rendering in graphics using some modern engine like what you see in every other game, does not mean WoW is low-res, or that Blizzard is "concocting an excuse". The painted-on, "cartoony" look is a unique aesthetic which draws from the game's old Warcraft 3 roots. As the graphics of this game have visibly improved since vanilla, that look has stayed consistent while looking better with every expansion as well. I'm pretty certain this what an artstyle is, and why pretty much everyone considers this look to be the game's artstyle.
    Fuck yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post

Just because Blizzard choose to digitally paint their textures over rendering in graphics using some modern engine like what you see in every other game, does not mean WoW is low-res, or that Blizzard is "concocting an excuse". The painted-on, "cartoony" look is a unique aesthetic which draws from the game's old Warcraft 3 roots. As the graphics of this game have visibly improved since vanilla, that look has stayed consistent while looking better with every expansion as well. I'm pretty certain this what an artstyle is, and why pretty much everyone considers this look to be the game's artstyle.
    You know models =/= skins right? you get 1 2d plane and put a transparent skin, thats how you get feathers. its not 3d modeled.
    I have learned a lot of tricks recently by modding warcraft 3 files and its very interesting how things are done, most of the things that pop out are actually flat, those muscle bulges are 2d and not sculpted, they did sculpt the legs, but you can see his abs are actually flat, and will likely just have an 'abs' skin

The excuse for WoW 2 is so far gone now.

Anyone who thinks WoW is still running on the engine from the early 2000s is delusional. It has been altered and upgraded so many times it's unrecognizable. WoW's graphics are more then capable for a modern game that targets low to mid range PCs.