Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    So, Hannity did something that could possibly be illegal? Color me shocked.
    Lends credence to the claim that Cohen is the type of lawyer who will break the law for his clients.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Sean Hannity linked to shell companies, spent $90M on foreclosed properties with help of HUD-approved mortgages.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/38...mpanies-report
    Oh, so that's what he was talking to cohen about. That real estate. That small $90mil worth of real estate. That he was using shell companies for and hiding his conflicts of interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Oh, so that's what he was talking to cohen about. That real estate. That small $90mil worth of real estate. That he was using shell companies for and hiding his conflicts of interest.
    If you read the article it states that Hannity was approved for an additional $5M in HUD mortgages which might indicate wrongdoing by HUD/Carson if they did not do their due diligence prior to approving Hannity for such a loan increase. Considering it was a shell corp there is likely considerable evidence that they did not.

If you read the article it states that Hannity was approved for an additional $5M in HUD mortgages which might indicate wrongdoing by HUD/Carson if they did not do their due diligence prior to approving Hannity for such a loan increase. Considering it was a shell corp there is likely considerable evidence that they did not.
    Even ignoring the possible illegality of his actions, he should be fired from fox. You can't pretend to be a journalist and not disclose shit like this.

Once you have finished slinging mud, could you take a moment to explain to us poor stoopid folk what Hannity has done that is illegal?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Once you have finished slinging mud, could you take a moment to explain to us poor stoopid folk what Hannity has done that is illegal?
    You have to disclose personal ties with a product or corporation, when you are publicly speaking about it. Not that it is a particularly strong case to pursue, but the ethical indications do exist.
    Last edited by mmoccd6b5b3be4; 2018-04-23 at 03:32 AM.

I fail to see how this matters.
    And Hillary had very close contacts and known collusion with most of the leftwing media organizations, whats the deal?
    Sharing a lawyer, is that a crime?
    Is sharing a fastfood restaurant also an issue?

10+ Year Old Account

https://medium.com/@ScottMStedman/se...s-f78939a9e6c2

For months, Fox News’s Sean Hannity has promoted Henssler Financial and its Principal and Managing Director, Bil Lako.

Corporate documents and U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) records have revealed that Hannity is secretly a co-owner of Henssler Financial’s affiliate, Henssler Capital. His advertisement of the financial advisory firm came as the group sought and received millions of dollars in funding from investors.

What’s more, Henssler’s SEC filing shows that the group applied for a federal exemption under rule 506(b), allowing the company to raise an unlimited amount of money and sell to an unlimited number of investors. In order to be eligible to receive this exemption, companies must not participate in “general solicitation or advertising to market the securities.” Neglecting this requirement may result in a penalty.
    Short version: Hannity's company was operating under federal regulations that do not allow public advertising while he was advertising them nationally. How big a hammer the SEC can smack him with, I do not know. (Or if they even will under the administration of Treasonous Crook Trump.) It may qualify as federal financial fraud, which can be a felony.

You and all the other poor stoopid folk Republicans are welcome!
    Impeach the MF.

For Hannity? Generally any sort of shell corporation should be considered a red flag. Usually (but not always) shell corporations are set up with the intent to hide assets, launder money, or tax evasion. There are some legitimate uses for shell corporations, but they are very often used for illicit purposes.

For mortgage approvals you typically have to prove some sort of revenue and the definition of shell corporations is that it is a publicly held corporation with little to no assets than a bank account. So how is he being approved for these mortgages?

This is all speculative but basically it hinges upon whether or not the corporation is in fact a shell corp.

I wonder if his conversations with Cohen was for Cohen to explain Trump's real estate money laundering trick.

For Hannity? Generally any sort of shell corporation should be considered a red flag. Usually (but not always) shell corporations are set up with the intent to hide assets, launder money, or tax evasion. There are some legitimate uses for shell corporations, but they are very often used for illicit purposes.

For mortgage approvals you typically have to prove some sort of revenue and the definition of shell corporations is that it is a publicly held corporation with little to no assets than a bank account. So how is he being approved for these mortgages?

This is all speculative but basically it hinges upon whether or not the corporation is in fact a shell corp.
    Still not seeing illegal activity. He doesn't own or run these so called 'shell companies', he is linked to them indirectly. From your own quote:

The shell companies are registered to the offices of Henssler Financial, a wealth management firm. Hannity has had one of the firm’s principals, Bill Lako, appear on his radio show.

Hannity did disclose that he was Henssler’s client and joked that the company took him on as a “charity case.”

The Guardian noted that Carson was not personally involved in any of Hannity’s dealings but does have the power to allow Hannity to convert rental complexes into sellable condos.
    I don't know why the Guardian calls it a shell company, other than to make it sound sinister. Just a lot of innuendo and half truths, which is kind of symbolic of the media's behaviour ever since Trump got elected.

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine when both Clinton’s are dead and Chelsea has since gone to a private place avoiding the spotlight. People will still try to justify really shady business by saying the Clintons did worse. Even though they are both dead. They are quite literally beating a dead corpse.

On topic, everyone knows that rich white men that are convicted of financial crimes essentially get a paid vacation for a few years.

Still not seeing illegal activity. He doesn't own or run these so called 'shell companies', he is linked to them indirectly. From your own quote:
    I don't know why the Guardian calls it a shell company, other than to make it sound sinister. Just a lot of innuendo and half truths, which is kind of symbolic of the media's behaviour ever since Trump got elected.
    It's like you don't even know what a shell company is, or what they're used for. They're used to hide the identity of the actual owners. I'd stop while you're only a bit behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to say your post sounds vaguely like sealioning. But really, its the technical definition of sealioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    It's like you don't even know what a shell company is, or what they're used for. They're used to hide the identity of the actual owners. I'd stop while you're only a bit behind.
    And you need to educate yourself on the difference between client and owner:

But Lako says claims of wrongdoing are false, and that Hannity's involvement with Henssler Capital are not linked to Henssler Financial.

'Henssler Capital is a separate and distinct legal entity from Henssler Financial. Each company has different lines of business and Henssler Capital does not offer its services to the general public', he said.

'Mr. Hannity has no ownership interest in Henssler Financial, the company he discusses in his media offerings, and to which his affiliation was disclosed. Henssler Financial does provide financial advice and other services to the general public and has hundreds of clients (including Mr. Hannity) with total assets under advisement of over $1.8 billion as of December 31, 2017.

'At no time, while I was on his show and writing articles for his twitter feed was there ever an offer made to any of his listeners or twitter followers to become a client of Henssler Financial and certainly not Henssler Capital.'
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-promotes.html

And you need to educate yourself on the difference between client and owner:
    And, again, you need to learn what terms like "shell company" and "hide your ownership" means.

Quote Originally Posted by Zardu Hasselfrau View Post
    And, again, you need to learn what terms like "shell company" and "hide your ownership" means.
    Don't mind Torto. Every time he posts, he is either wrong, or he's lying. Either way, you won't get a correct answer out of him. Even if you give him direct evidence that he is wrong, he will die on the hill of wrongness he made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to repeat my own post here:

https://medium.com/@ScottMStedman/se...s-f78939a9e6c2

For months, Fox News’s Sean Hannity has promoted Henssler Financial and its Principal and Managing Director, Bil Lako.

Corporate documents and U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) records have revealed that Hannity is secretly a co-owner of Henssler Financial’s affiliate, Henssler Capital. His advertisement of the financial advisory firm came as the group sought and received millions of dollars in funding from investors.

What’s more, Henssler’s SEC filing shows that the group applied for a federal exemption under rule 506(b), allowing the company to raise an unlimited amount of money and sell to an unlimited number of investors. In order to be eligible to receive this exemption, companies must not participate in “general solicitation or advertising to market the securities.” Neglecting this requirement may result in a penalty.
    Short version: Hannity's company (that he secretly owns!) was operating under federal regulations that do not allow public advertising while he was advertising them nationally. How big a hammer the SEC can smack him with, I do not know. (Or if they even will under the administration of Treasonous Crook Trump.) It may qualify as federal financial fraud, which can be a felony.

Now, I'm not under any illusion that you'll actually acknowledge the facts. But watching you ignore them (or blast out nonsense) should be amusing, and really drive home how willingly blind you are.
    Impeach the MF.

Lends credence to the claim that Cohen is the type of lawyer who will break the law for his clients.
    Sounds like Sean Hannity took Jesse Pinkman's advice:

Well played, Chuck Tingle. Well played.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.