Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Actually I didn't. I pointed out how ridiculous it is to think banning anything will make it all go away. That isn't political, it's common sense.

Nice try though.
    Shit, why ban anything?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gun violence is so common in America, it's only details like 'naked shooter' that make it sensational.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

He has been captured. Haven't heard the details of where what and why though.

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    Every one of these articles is a fringe case.
    There are 326 MILLION people living in the USA. I'm surprised there aren't MORE of these nutjobs shooting up places.
    The population to incident ratio is insignificantly small.

If he couldn't carry guns, the guy would have swung a knife or a chainsaw around. It's not the guns, it's the crazy you should be fighting.
    The US accounts for 31% of global mass shootings with less than 5% of the world's population. So no, the ratio is not "insignificantly small". This would be due to the US owning 48% of the world's civilian-owned firearms.

Source: Langford, University of Alabama, 2016
    Last edited by Gorgodeus; 2018-04-23 at 08:21 PM.

Neither is are your "gotcha" remarks.
    Nothing ruins a clap-back about intelligence like 3rd grade grammar mistakes.

Maybe the guy is a fanatic for pancakes? Was he heard muttering something bad about waffle-eaters?

Too soon?

Common sense hurt your fee fees? Stop pretending that banning something will prevent it from ever occurring again.

War on drugs anyone?
    Pretty sure most don't think banning prevents something, but it can surely make it less common. But the "muh rights" crowd does not care.

Actually I didn't. I pointed out how ridiculous it is to think banning anything will make it all go away. That isn't political, it's common sense.

Nice try though.
    Actually, you did. I would say nice try at deflecting, but that was a pretty piss-poor attempt, even for you.

guns don't kill people. semi-naked, mentally disturbed people with guns kill people.

too bad he didn't try to buy the guns semi-naked maybe he would have been refused service?
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    The father giving the guns back to the shooter may have been legal in Tennessee, where gun laws are somewhat slack. That it's not a clear violation and can even be open for debate is kind of the issue in a nutshell.
    I think giving guns to someone you know is restricted from them is illegal in every state. Had the father not known that his son was restricted, sure he has plausible deniability. But in this case, he knew that his son wasn't allowed to have the guns according to feds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    guns don't kill people. semi-naked, mentally disturbed people with guns kill people.

too bad he didn't try to buy the guns semi-naked maybe he would have been refused service?
    He was already restricted from owning guns. The FBI took them from him. His dad retrieved the guns with the promise that he wouldn't give them back. He gave them back.

10+ Year Old Account
    And there they go again, mislabeling a semi-automatic rifle as an assault rifle...
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by DinardJoulien View Post
    LOL @ blaming boomers for everything.
    Some people always manage to find a convenient scapegoat.
    Boomers created this mess, they are rightfully to blame. If Boomers want to blame Millennials for anything and everything, we'll point that finger right back at them.
    EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN. ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    I think giving guns to someone you know is restricted from them is illegal in every state. Had the father not known that his son was restricted, sure he has plausible deniability. But in this case, he knew that his son wasn't allowed to have the guns according to feds.

- - - Updated - - -

He was already restricted from owning guns. The FBI took them from him. His dad retrieved the guns with the promise that he wouldn't give them back. He gave them back.
    It does constitute an illegal transfer of a firearm, which under federal law is subject to up to 10 years in prison and a up to a $250,000 fine

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorTjc View Post
    Boomers created this mess, they are rightfully to blame. If Boomers want to blame Millennials for anything and everything, we'll point that finger right back at them.
    If the boomers were to blame, wouldn't this have been happening during their era, not ours? There were plenty of guns around back then, and yet this stuff didn't really happen at the time... Just a thought.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    If the boomers were to blame, wouldn't this have been happening during their era, not ours? There were plenty of guns around back then, and yet this stuff didn't really happen at the time... Just a thought.
    That's because Boomers are too busy with their heads soo far up their bottoms and not doing something about healthcare. Healthcare that can be used to help these kinds of people with their mental problems. Instead of trying to get healthcare into the hands of people who really need it they're spending our tax money on garbage like wars. So yes, it's the Boomers fault.
    EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN. ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

With hundreds of millions of guns and yet...we're not all dying en masse out here. Crimes have been dropping in point of fact. You get one media hyped story and everyone gets all fox-newsed and manipulated into believing differently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    You'd have to be living under a rock to not see the targeted campaign on assault weapons while pistols are left alone. But, OK, keep jumping through more hoops.
    Because your ilk already shut off any possibility of sensible regulation of handguns.

Don't worry though, we'll get on that once we remove Republicans from the Supreme Court and overturn Scalia's nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    With hundreds of millions of guns and yet...we're not all dying en masse out here.
    "We're not dying en masse out here. We only have 15000 murders per year! It's only like 4x the rate in every other developed nation."

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    So in this case, it appears everything was done right by law enforcement, but that a criminal act was committed by a family member that lead to this shooting.

The guns were confiscated from this guy... those guns were given to his family. At that time the family could have done anything with those guns, anything but given them back to the nut because that's who they were taken from. The uncle gave the guns back to the nut, which was a criminal act. In this case, the uncle should be prosecuted under the full extent of the law. The way you make current gun laws work to deter shootings, is to actually APPLY the law.
    The law was applied, it's just that the glaring hole we call responsible gun owners is still being ignored for political expediency by conservatives and gun manufacturers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    Fortunately, "sensible regulation" isn't part of The Constitution. Not to mention that the harder liberals have pushed for gun control, the more they tend to lose elections. Not to mention, again, the Supreme Court had many, many years where it had the votes to do something about gun laws if they wanted to and never did. Also, aren't you from Canada? Worry about your own house, brah.
    Yes it is, and Scalia agreed in his writing for the majority opinion. Besides, any historian that isn't completely full of shit can see why the use of well-regulated militia in the form of a well stocked armory, the major reason why the American Revolution was won, was the 2nd amendment, next to prohibiting the quartering of foreign soldiers.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorTjc View Post
    That's because Boomers are too busy with their heads soo far up their bottoms and not doing something about healthcare. Healthcare that can be used to help these kinds of people with their mental problems. Instead of trying to get healthcare into the hands of people who really need it they're spending our tax money on garbage like wars. So yes, it's the Boomers fault.

That's one of the most irresponsible, ridiculous things I've ever heard. Are Gen X/Y/Z'ers not able to vote now? Do they have no say in what goes on with policy; are they not employed in the same positions as Boomers?

Talk about fitting the description of whiny-ass "generations" that don't take responsibility for their behavior and cop out...that would be you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    With hundreds of millions of guns and yet...we're not all dying en masse out here.
    I really do not believe the call to act on social progress should be predicated on whether we're on the brink of extinction or not.Neither do you, and you damn well know that.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    You're right

He should blame millennials.
    ...well... how old was the gunman?