Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    From the article:

So clearly people are upset about this, enough to where it's literally showing up on news.
    To be fair, it doesn't seem hard to outrage parents in the US nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    The left's war against individualism continues unabated. It seems even preschoolers cannot escape enforced collectivism:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-a8318356.html

This is ridiculous, forming a close bond or friendship especially at a young age is an important part of early development. Yes it sucks to be excluded, but enforcing inclusiveness at the expense of close relationships isn't the answer. This is classic leftist ideology indoctrinating our youth that individualism is evil and we must all be obedient drones.
    Explain how having a rule not to use a certain term prevents forming a close bond or friendship, and what expenses are their to it? And the whole "classic leftist ideology indoctrinating our youth that individualism is evil and we must all be obedient drones." is nothing but imaginary bs.

Fake outrage much?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Generation Snowflake in full effect...
    This is what happens when millennial's get old enough to teach and work at schools.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    lol, this has nothing to do with The Left and is just a shitty decision by the school.
    I dunno, this sounds a lot like they've been listening to people with doctorates in gender studies rather than child psychologists to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Look, if you're here to demonstrate you have absolutely no comprehension of what political terminology actually means, by all means continue, but doubling down on blatantly wrong partisan bullshit with even more of the same isn't a defense of said partisan bullshit.

You're wrong. Inclusiveness isn't political in the first place.
    Whoa...I just got slapped down by angry Endus. That was a little frightening to be honest.

If it seems I am being partisan it is because the modern day education systems have themselves become partisan. All levels of schooling have taken a leftist bent. And not just in the US but in all western countries. Through that prism I don't see why I shouldn't see it from a political perspective, and look at some of these absurd decisions as nothing more than left wing social engineering.

If this was a story even just 10 years ago, people would have thought is as some sort of joke or prank. Now nobody bats an eyelid, that is how deranged the education system has become in such a short period of time.
    You blame the education system, but this is a widespread issue that effects even businesses and corporations. Political correctness is such a huge step in the wrong direction for equality -.-
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

7+ Year Old Account
    The left's war against individualism continues unabated. It seems even preschoolers cannot escape enforced collectivism:

This is ridiculous, forming a close bond or friendship especially at a young age is an important part of early development. Yes it sucks to be excluded, but enforcing inclusiveness at the expense of close relationships isn't the answer. This is classic leftist ideology indoctrinating our youth that individualism is evil and we must all be obedient drones.
    What liberals don't understand is somebody has every fucken right to decide who they want to be friends with, and who they don't want to associate with.

And the latter can be for any reason they wish.

Fuck this inclusion bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    From the article:

So clearly people are upset about this, enough to where it's literally showing up on news.
    Torto lies again... and again and again. What else is new?

Deleted
    Well, I can understand the logic behind that, but I doubt it would have any particular effects.

Granted, they also keep teaching abstinence only some places.

If this was a story even just 10 years ago, people would have thought is as some sort of joke or prank. Now nobody bats an eyelid, that is how deranged the education system has become in such a short period of time.
    It was...

I heard about this crap back in high school. That was 2001-2005. It was stupid then. It's stupid now.

It also has nothing to do with leftist ideology.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

The left?

Fuck off dude.

I completely understand the point that they are attempting to make, but I reject it full stop. Humans naturally congregate in peer groups. Attempting to correct this natural instinctive behavior is just foolhardy.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Maybe soon they can all wear a unisex brown pants suit and sing the Soviet Anthem.
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    You blame the education system, but this is a widespread issue that effects even businesses and corporations. Political correctness is such a huge step in the wrong direction for equality -.-
    Political correctness is essentially speaking to other people with basic respect and being aware that your words may offend them.

Such a horrible direction.

Do some people take it too far? Getting offended over every little thing, even things that no reasonable person would be offended by? Absolutely.

Does that mean that PC as a concept is inherently a bad thing? Absolutely not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    This is what happens when millennial's get old enough to teach and work at schools.
    Dude, stop this shit. Millennials are in their mid 30's at this point, and teachers usually start at 22.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can piss of with that shit. If they starts at my kid's future school, then I'll have to change her school.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Look, if you're here to demonstrate you have absolutely no comprehension of what political terminology actually means, by all means continue, but doubling down on blatantly wrong partisan bullshit with even more of the same isn't a defense of said partisan bullshit.
    Just give it up, there is no use to go into depth when they don't even know the basics and just throw "left" and "liberals" at anything. I feel like it has gotten so bad especially in the US, while we in EU are currently kinda "remembering" the 68s due to the 50 anniversary it seems US has long abandoned any fundamental interest in how societies work. It's easier to just read news already painted with politics and just repeat buzzwords than to educate yourself and think about what is written...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    The right's obsession of making everything a "left" vs "right" issue is quite fascinating.
    Pretty sure both sides make everything a them vs us issue. Not really a just the right issue.

This seems to me to be more a teacher who never had a best friend and feeling bitter lol
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

While admittedly fucking stupid this has nothing do with a leftist ideology.

As hamfisted an approach as this is there are some valid points regarding the formation of cliques etc. An "outsider" is likely not going to be all that happy when at school and someone who isn't emotionally well is definitely not going to perform well in school.

However that issue could probably be fixed without banning the term Best friend.