Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The only true answer is that High Elves and Silvermoon were made up by Blizzard way before they thought of Night Elves (and High Elves distancing themselves from them by becoming sun lovers). Silvermoon just sounded cool and elf-ish.

Is that you, Jerry?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    It is neither Silver nor Moon-like. Should be called Goldensun. Fix this immediately, Blizz
    Probably a reference to D&D Silverymoon, a very well known town in a region calles silver marches.
    As far as I know one Baldurs Gate title was playing there. It is a very important location in this universe.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    It is neither Silver nor Moon-like. Should be called Goldensun. Fix this immediately, Blizz
    Because when Blizzard thought up their High Elves in Warcraft 2, they were - obviously - inspired by elves from other franchises, such as Dungeons and Dragons. One of the biggest and most elf-like cities (it's basically Lothlorien) was named Silverymoon, and thus, Blizzard used the name, and just removed the Y.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Cause Goldshire was already taken.

It used to have the same colors that the Silver Covenant use. After Arthas wiped the city out to get to the Sunwell, they changed it's colors along with changing themselves to Blood Elves, but kept it's name.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    It used to have the same colors that the Silver Covenant use. After Arthas wiped the city out to get to the Sunwell, they changed it's colors along with changing themselves to Blood Elves, but kept it's name.
    Nope.

Nope.
    The picture of Silvermoon when it was founded in Chronicles is Blue.

The Blood Elves changed their colors to red, along with their name, after Arthas wiped them out.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Literally unplayable.

Imo, it should be named San Kael'dreas.

Dath'Remar was a night elf

Deleted
    Because people that established that city were Night Elves and named it like Night Elves name their cities.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard named it back in WC2 when the blood elves were high elves and their racial colors were blue, silver, and gold.

Red, black, and gold came later, after they renamed themselves blood elves.

The name came from 'cool fantasy names for our new game' back in the 90's. There was no vast lore reasoning behind it all since the history for all races were implied rather than fleshed out as ancient empires with various subcultures. Dwarves were just Dwarves, no 3 Hammers clans. Trolls were just Trolls, no differences in tribes or types.

The names of locations were inspired by Tolkein, D&D and Warhammer, as most fantasy settings were in the 90's. Warcraft 1 and Warcraft 2 were mostly derivatives of a typical fantasy adventure RPG setting. Warcraft wasn't really its own thing until Warcraft 3 began to flesh out an entire history for itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

7+ Year Old Account
    Arms warrior that doesn't run around flailing both arms like wavy inflatable tube men? Fix this now Blizzard.

((Seinfeld voice)) WHAT is the DEAL with SILVERMOON? It's not SILVER, and it's not a MOON! WHOO AARE THEESE PEOPLE???

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    The picture of Silvermoon when it was founded in Chronicles is Blue.

The Blood Elves changed their colors to red, along with their name, after Arthas wiped them out.
    Funny because even today I'm still convinced that looks NOTHING like Silvermoon. I know it is. But seriously that doesn't look like Silvermoon at all. (But I would love if they update Silvermoon to look like this!)

Quote Originally Posted by Gamespud View Post
    Funny because even today I'm still convinced that looks NOTHING like Silvermoon. I know it is. But seriously that doesn't look like Silvermoon at all. (But I would love if they update Silvermoon to look like this!)
    Because you are seeing it from the side of Quel'danas, whereas in-game we see it from the side of the forest, maybe? Also, most of it got destroyed by Arthas and later, demons.

I think its because Blizz has added too much red to the city and they want to show that the Belfs are in the Autumn of there civilization and thats why the whole area looks like its fall with the trees all turning greenish brownish red.

Don't even get me started on the one city without thunders or bluffing.

Poker nights are just boring up there.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Stop making sense; you'll confuse the forums.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"