Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    as long as the lore is decent ill renew my sub. pretty attached to my toons at this point

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    A little surprised by the vehemence with lack of substance in some of the rebuttals to the OP here. If I didn't know better, I'd say "fanboys?"

At any rate, I am (for the first time ever) doing as little research into the expansion as I possibly can. I'll be honest, I was going to buy it no matter what, so instead of becoming more and more irritated at what Blizzard's doing with the game (which is exactly what was happening), I'm hoping I'll receive a pleasant surprise come release.

But from all I'd heard before my resolution, I found it extremely hard to argue with the OP, from any reasonable point of view other than "ERMAGERD NOONE CARES IF U QUIT NEWBI"
    The Blizzard shills are earning their pay with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by HavokHeart View Post
    The GCD change actually makes the game feel more like vanilla. Been playing alpha and I like it. Sure its slower paced combat but that doesn't have to be a bad thing.

Most of the other "removed" things will re appear in some iteration or another.

For example, the raid drop azurite pieces will have tier bonus/legendary/artifact type effects.
    To be honest, it is quite telling that the defense of the expansion looks like this. "Sure it is slower but maybe that's not bad / sure they removed stuff but maybe they will add some of it back." Meh.

BFA does look bad.

Three reasons for me: (1) another round of semi-pruning, balance mess, things getting changed and frequently to the worse for no reason, (2) very few interesting features (there are only two and they aren't groundbreaking), (3) PVP is in the shitter, as usual, no real changes here, bad gearing, no solo queue, no nothing, new things are mostly limited to a single tiny switch for world PVP (which is welcome, but is completely tiny).

The art is great, the art team deserves all kinds of praise. But everything else is lame.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post

Isn't that great design.

Remove all your shit and then make you grind it all back.

You buy an expansion and grind back "fun and engaging class design".
    Whats the alternative? An expansion that just adds endgame content?

I think it would feel boring asf to keep artifacts/tier/leggos etc relevant. Grinding for power upgrades is kind of the point of the game for many.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    [...] no solo queue [...]
    That is probably the one thing that could actually make me care at least a bit for PvP..

Same talk, different expac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glorygores View Post
    hasnt lotp always been on the gcd? and its a heal not a defensive cd.
    No, it wasn't.

And I believe the post I quoted was "You realise it's offensive cds going on GCD"

Light of the Protector is definitely not an offensive cooldown, whether you want to argue semantics that a heal isn't a defensive cooldown.

Mobility abilities like heroic leap and charge are on GCD now too.

I had no complaint when it was only pure offensive cooldowns they added back to GCD... but this is just shitty.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

The art and environments in BfA is absolutely stunning. Both Kul'Tiras and Zandalar are worlds to get lost in.

Imo BfA looks amazing.

Trolling aside, the quests are great - both factions questlines escalate in story, having you earn a place for your faction. Also, Blood Trolls are extremely dark - probably some of the darkest quests in WoW.

In alpha we're able to see a preview version of a full system, which is only showing one trait set per class for the first 3 rows for azerite armor pieces. We know that at some point armor pieces will have a varied collection of traits and go up to 4 rows. The fourth row option I would believe be for something similar to golden traits "lost" from our artifact weapons. I would not be overly concerned about 'pruning'. Getting different traits that go beyond what your old artifact was doing and having the expandability of even more as you unlock higher heart of azeroth levels should hold a lot of promise with what could come. Ultimately, there won't be a standard template of traits available per class but rather a varaiety, with more rows. Total, you'd end up with 12 traits out of a choice of at least 10 per piece - so 30.

Personally, I think what is good about the armor trait system is that its not a fucking coloring book where you just fill in the blanks. Granted, IMO, it was also cool in Legion to strategize an optimal build or path of unlocking traits, but that was relevant for maybe the first 6-8 weeks. This system, optimization is still there, but is tied to the armor you need and researching which armor has which traits.

To add** The whole GCD thing - I think some classes will really feel it harder than others. Enhancement shaman - literally doesn't matter except for maybe Spirit Walk, which you usually don't use while attacking. Who knew feral lunge was the new charge.

I've been playing warrior of all things. It definitely feels silly to burn 3 cds in sequence (Bloodbath>>Dragon Roar >> Recklessness). I think just in terms of gameplay Recklessness should be off the GCD for fluidity, plus having a non damaging ability be your last attack in a fight feels bad when you could have been less greedy and hit an unbuffed execute for actual damage instead. Pillar of Frost, Avenging Wrath, same story.
    Last edited by Elestia; 2018-04-24 at 06:41 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Harder leveling....yay cause that's rewarding
    World quests... instantly forgettable after your first time
    Mythic dungeons... gotta pad xpac life somehow
    Raids...duh same ole formula. New xpac new raids it's a given. Big shocker. Maybe they will add a5th difficulty... Cause why not.
    I could literally make up the same non arguments against anything you would think to be nice.

For me, Mythic+ has been a saving graze for wow. Using "gotta pad xpac life somehow" as some kind of argument against that? Thats honestly the worst i've ever seen a hater try to belittle it.

You realize how uninformed you are don't you?

Offensive, Defensive, Mitigation and Mobility cooldowns are now all on the GCD.

What's your opinion of it now? Hahahaha

http://www.wowhead.com/news=283524/b...ded-to-the-gcd
    really don't care. will learn to get around it like i do every expansion. no reason to piss and moan about changes i can't influence.

really don't care. will learn to get around it like i do every expansion. no reason to piss and moan about changes i can't influence.
    Don't comment if you have no fucking idea then.

I don't know bro. Maybe use your brain a little bit.

How did the game survive for 10+ years with just having gear upgrades be the grind?

Why aren't we allowed to have a fully functioning FUN class to begin with and the grind system just adds "toppings" and minor enhancements?

Why are we literally grinding CORE GAMEPLAY elements back?
    It seems to me like 2p/4p tier bonus' were required for the entirety of that time for most classes to feel "good" and that was a grind. If not tier bonus' you had to at least reach breakpoints with haste/etc for the class to feel good. Its always been a grind to the top. If it wasn't it would have a mundane sense of progression.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    lol chill dude, i wasn't up to date on a patch on an alpha build that happened like what 10 days ago? its not the end of the world dude. Expansion isn't out for 4 months. maybe you should stop hounding every single alpha build, might make your life a bit more enjoyable.

Then send blizzard a message about what you don't like, or quit the game. There is no reason to whine on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Also...can I have your gold, OP?
    Ok but I get to clean out reagents tab. Deal?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    Don't comment if you can't be civil.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    Didn't know BFA was already out!
    I'll quote myself from another thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Yeah well.... honestly dude... if you (and you probably will say that you did) played from Vanilla onwards.... you know full well that only MINOR changes will be done to an Alpha or Beta. Every expansion we have the same rants on these boards about people not being happy with the new product.... And EVERY FUCKING TIME someone says: "it is the ALPHA/BETA.... Don't worry yet... "

Really? When was the last time they overhauled their major plots/systems? Never you say? Oh right but people who complain about anything in the Alpha should STFU because it is still undergoing changes?

If anything... ALPHA ís the time to complain.... if there was a time to complain it is NOW... Why can people who repeat their "it is Alpha/Beta" not get that?

Other then that, I don't care what the product is, I won't play it this time. Trying hard to move on so to speak. But yeah still curious about things mentioned here.

Oh. i am so sorry that they are forcing you to play something you don't want to. Something you think looks crap. If only you could move on to other games and not be stuck with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    I'll quote myself from another thread:
    umm MoP and WoD say hi. They both saw MAJOR changes during Beta. You're 100% wrong and are trying to falsify facts to justify you're very very weak point.

lol chill dude, i wasn't up to date on a patch on an alpha build that happened like what 10 days ago? its not the end of the world dude. Expansion isn't out for 4 months. maybe you should stop hounding every single alpha build, might make your life a bit more enjoyable.
    If your going to defend everything blizzard does, maybe keep up with what they do then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    umm MoP and WoD say hi. They both saw MAJOR changes during Beta. You're 100% wrong and are trying to falsify facts to justify you're very very weak point.
    Yeah, Wod turned out fantastic, glad they changed things for the better there, lets mention the recent expansion regarding legendaries and AP see how weak his point is.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    MoP? You mean when they redid jade forest of their own volition and made it actually worse to justify there being some established footholds already?
    To this day I can't get over the fact that they turned the whole "stranded and the first people to make contact" into "yeah go check that stuff out, we already lost something there".