7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    PTR has cross-region servers and they work fine.
    Not to the point where it's acceptable for long term play if the server isn't hosted on the continent you're on. I know I get plenty of ping on PTR, not too bad for testing but I wouldn't want to play there for long periods.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Seems like "another step" on live servers is just one Artifact quest.
    How do you know this, though?

I don't think that is the case. PTR servers also always have the same high latency as Alpha does. They are called EU/US servers, but they all have the same latency.

I just checked to be sure, and both on Brill (EU) PTR server or the Alpha servers, i have around 160ms of latency from Europe.

For comparison, to an actual EU WoW server, i get like 20ms.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2018-04-23 at 11:32 PM.

Hate to break it to you, but those regions are label-only.

Both US and EU PTR servers are located in California. You can see this for yourself very easily by using NETSTAT and TRACERT commands.

Indeed, both the Alpha and PTR servers are hosted in the same location. Which is only logical, for all the reasons given by the posters above.

Not sure if anyone has posted it, but some enemies emote when they detect you, too.

As a side note, it looks like there won't be Azerite tokens and you'll instead passively gain it when you complete quests (and presumably WQs) that reward it. Pretty cool.
    Yea the reason they gave tokens is cus artifacts lvled up individually. This allowed you to get ap tokens on one artifact but apply it to the one you wanted. Hoa is spec neutral so they can just apply it automatically
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Uploading video.

- - - Updated - - -

And here.

Mobs give you one warning. If you approach them again, they'll aggro. It also looks like they have implemented head tracking similar to what player characters have currently. That rarespawn didn't know where it should have looked when I was inside its hitbox.
    The atmosphere of Nazmir is so good. Thanks for video.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Why not, what do you have against bald elves?

______

So here is a radical idea.

What if the Horde ends up having NO WARCHIEF. They could instead be a common defense pact or be led by an oligarchy of racial leaders that accept majority leadership or consensus. I mean Thrall's Horde WAS a defense pact so practically speaking it did NOT need to have a leader; just a commonly understood (and clear to the Alliance) principle that if one of them is attacked, all of them are attacked and will act on it. It reframes the narrative for the Horde back to where it was supposed to be; outsiders struggling to establish themselves against a superpower that might seek to displace them.
    Ive long thought it made more sense to have a War council anyways.

Christie Golden is in the picture, and they have done the whole "kill the evil warchief" before.

I cannot understand the people who think we will have a warchief change yet again. I mean yeah, wow's story doesn't take itself seriously in the least, but it at the very least isn't openly "fuck it" just yet.

Sylvanas is being set up to be a caring Warchief with something resembling a redemption arc, but not quite. The way Saurfang speaks is almost like he is adressing an ex-girlfriend who broke his heart, and that is intentional, these things are easier to write using binary oppositions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixAU View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but those regions are label-only.

Both US and EU PTR servers are located in California. You can see this for yourself very easily by using NETSTAT and TRACERT commands.

Indeed, both the Alpha and PTR servers are hosted in the same location. Which is only logical, for all the reasons given by the posters above.
    That doesn't make sense, I don't understand why they would have an EU labeled server and have it located in LA.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

That doesn't make sense, I don't understand why they would have an EU labeled server and have it located in LA.
    They once upon a time argued that they have better access to them and it would improve feedback (or my mind made that up due to wishful thinking). The reality is still that EU invites are mostly for localization fixes and no one responds to posts/suggestions on the EU forums.

Maybe to funnel folks for language-related purposes, or just to split the population a bit between the servers. Who knows. But it is what it is.

Here's the new social/toast at work. When a friend or guildmate makes a group, joins a queue, etc., you can see it, and click on the social tab to see it. It will also see if any roles are available.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Claws View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/zj9I765.png

Here's the new social/toast at work. When a friend or guildmate makes a group, joins a queue, etc., you can see it, and click on the social tab to see it. It will also see if any roles are available.
    That's in 7.3.5 already. Might be looking differently, but Quick Join is definitely live already.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    That's in 7.3.5 already. Might be looking differently, but Quick Join is definitely live already.
    Yeah, was aware of quick join being a thing, but this new toast thing is certainly new. I've never gotten notifications of people making groups, joining queues, etc. unless I go into the social tab and check quick join.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Ret paladins means suffering, anyone who play ret for long time should know this
    You mean shadow!

Yeah, was aware of quick join being a thing, but this new toast thing is certainly new. I've never gotten notifications of people making groups, joining queues, etc. unless I go into the social tab and check quick join.
    I think you have disabled something. Becouse I have those notifications on live.
    I remember that some people were tired with those notification so Blizz have added option to disable it. Look into options. It might be there.

7+ Year Old Account
    The notifications arent new either.

I get them frequently on live.

Formerly known as Arafal

It's so people can , in an ideal situation , roll on a realm that speaks their language.

Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    Christie Golden is in the picture, and they have done the whole "kill the evil warchief" before.

I cannot understand the people who think we will have a warchief change yet again. I mean yeah, wow's story doesn't take itself seriously in the least, but it at the very least isn't openly "fuck it" just yet.

Sylvanas is being set up to be a caring Warchief with something resembling a redemption arc, but not quite. The way Saurfang speaks is almost like he is adressing an ex-girlfriend who broke his heart, and that is intentional, these things are easier to write using binary oppositions.
    Lol I have yet to see her redeeming qualities. And that is rich of you saying that "she has a caring side" when she orders to kill remaining Horde soldiers with Blight. And are you seriously surprised that people don't want her as a Warchief? That most of Horde players want someone that is not walking antithesis to this title?
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    boy do I never get tired of lore discussions like these, please keep it up friends

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    I cannot understand the people who think we will have a warchief change yet again.
    After BfA events (for Alliance) negotiations with Sylvanas is not an option. Like unconditional surrender only. If blizz would need exploit "united Alliance and Horde theme" again (which can happen several expansion after BfA, or not happen at all) they need get rid of Sylvanas as warchief.