Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I play both Alliance and Horde (my main is Horde, though). But this is irrelevant as in my post above I was referring to the narrative Alleria would've specifically gotten from Vereesa when they discussed the history aboard the Vindicaar. Arthas' technical status as dead, alive, or undead during the Third War is also exactly that - technical. He was quite obviously corrupted and not himself, as anyone familiar with the man could've easily seen by the fact that he slew his own father (who he had previously loved deeply), killed his former Paladin mentor Uther, and put his own homeland to the proverbial torch by killing almost everyone within it. While many Blood Elves still blame Humanity in general for the actions of Arthas I find this a somewhat self-serving and self-justifying charge - it would be the same as if a Human tarred all Blood Elves for the crimes of the Fel-crazed and corrupted Kael'thas at Quel'Danas or in Outland (or all Night Elves for the crimes of Illidan).
    Its a fact that Alleria's character is butchered in wow to make her more alliance alligned she was originally a huge quel'thalas nationalist and would have taken her peoples side not her human fucktoy. Also not talking to her sister is just dumb if she loved her family so much she hunted orcs for revenge she would have atleast listened to Sylvanas side of the story and not only veressa's
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Leodric View Post
    Alleria joining the Horde only because her undead sister is part of it wouldn't make sense considering how much she has been through with the Alliance + her hatred towards trolls/orcs. Neutral maybe, but her being Alliance makes much sense.
    And how does her killing her own people make sense.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    And how does her killing her own people make sense.
    Since she is in the Alliance her people want to kill her as well, it's only logical to assume that she won't have fun or wants to actively partake in killing other Elves. It's not like in the Horde where you gotta jump when your warchief tells you so.

Deleted
    Because most High Elves went insane and joined the Horde (Faction that invaded them for a decade) because of one racist commander and simply forgotten about everything the Alliance has done for them for so many decades of union?

It's actually Blood Elves that hate them, not the other way around. Blood Elves are emotionally unstable and look at them now, Sylvanas is just as bad as the Lich King and they still follow her, the nation that was brought low by the Undead, now willingly follow the same Undead curse ...

Quote Originally Posted by Genkisei View Post
    Easy, they attacked her first, and she's defending herself, thus making *them* the traitors.
    Umm, she was assaulting them by CORRUPTING THE GODDAMN SUNWELL!

Also, Blood Elves were invited back to the Alliance by Alleria under Anduin's orders and is rejeeeeected.
    Because Blood Elves were burned by Alliance too many times, and Alleria couldnt hide her love for human dicks even while she was introducing herself.

Since she is in the Alliance her people want to kill her as well, it's only logical to assume that she won't have fun or wants to actively partake in killing other Elves. It's not like in the Horde where you gotta jump when your warchief tells you so.
    I strongly doubt that in a time of active war, someone in the Alliance can just say "no I don't want to" about fighting a member of the Horde. Sure, maybe Anduin will let you pass, but Jaina? She will chuck you the person off Dalaran for defying Alliance orders to kill the Horde.

7+ Year Old Account

Because Blood Elves were burned by Alliance too many times, and Alleria couldnt hide her love for human dicks even while she was introducing herself.
    Yeah her human dick love confusing her too much

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeraiya View Post
    I strongly doubt that in a time of active war, someone in the Alliance can just say "no I don't want to" about fighting a member of the Horde. Sure, maybe Anduin will let you pass, but Jaina? She will chuck you the person off Dalaran for defying Alliance orders to kill the Horde.
    Jaina has no authority in doing that either + she didn't stop us form working with the Horde or letting Horde members back to Dalaran. She didn't like it, not debating that, but she wouldn't kill anyone because of that, considering she didn't in the past.

Assault is legally defined as intentional.
    She ignored everyone telling her to stop, it was intentional.

Easy, they attacked her first, and she's defending herself, thus making *them* the traitors.
    Ummmm exactly? It's not like she walked into Silvermoon and suddenly Lorthemar kicked her out? The Blood Elves were not hostile to Alleria, in fact, they were the opposite. First she came to her HOME and the first thing she had to say was about Alliance orders - not any sentimentality of where she was. After she was rejected, Lorthemar purposefully allowed Alleria to see Sunwell despite others telling him it wasn't a good idea to let her.

Instead, she brought harm to their most sacred site. Regardless of her intention to do it or not, how would the Blood Elves know? You have a known Alliance agent come to the Sunwell and it almost gets Void corrupted.

She was exiled because she brought direct harm to a holy site, and clearly didn't care about her homeland because she rocked up to deliver an Alliance message. It's not like the Blood Elves struck her first. They hardly betrayed her.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    garithos, dalaran twice, jaina, wrynn. they were all humans, and they all stabbed quel'thalas in the back.

the orcs and undead fought them, and then became allies. only one orc has somewhat betrayed them since then, nobody else has.

so far, the horde has a better track record.

i'd rather make allies with my worst enemy, than go back to the dogs that betrayed me.
    Wait, what did Wrynn do to the blood elves? I agree though that between Garithos and Jaina's over reaction in MOP they have no reason to join the Alliance.

Yeah her human dick love confusing her too much

- - - Updated - - -

Jaina has no authority in doing that either + she didn't stop us form working with the Horde or letting Horde members back to Dalaran. She didn't like it, not debating that, but she wouldn't kill anyone because of that, considering she didn't in the past.
    Correction, she didn't simply allow it to happen. She quit her position, and literally ran away from the Alliance in a time of desperate need - essentially allowing them to be obliterated (it's the Burning Legion!). So, you reckon she won't throw a massive fit if an Alliance agent doesn't want to kill the Horde to protect her homeland? Sure, I can't definitely say she would kill someone, but in a time of war... and how crazy she's gotten, I would not hold it past her, AT ALL. A reminder, she actively tried to kill innocent mages and civilians in the Dalaran Horde purge. People who had nothing to do with the Horde transgressions.

They pre-rejected her. They also stated they already knew the Alliance were inviting them before she arrived. Also there are shadow priests among the blood elves. She's also not just a war hero, but basically their true leader. The exile isn't the betrayal, even though it is. Its the physical assault. Also, she fled, they were trying to arrest her.
    Alleria is ranger captain and as such nowhere near in any position to actually take over the government and most certainly not their true leader.

Lor'themar was not trying to arrest her, instead he exiled her, since she had become a threat to the very heart of their kingdom. And if Alleria had actually listened and stayed away from the sunwell as it was asked and not actually reached out to touch it, she wouldn't even have been exiled, but alas she switched her brain off.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Alleria is ranger captain and as such nowhere near in any position to actually take over the government and most certainly not their true leader.

Lor'themar was not trying to arrest her, instead he exiled her, since she had become a threat to the very heart of their kingdom. And if Alleria had actually listened and stayed away from the sunwell as it was asked and not actually reached out to touch it, she wouldn't even have been exiled, but alas she switched her brain off.
    Alleria is very big on "I"m always right". Its how she was in WC2, its how she is in Legion. Its how she was in the audio drama. She's a bit of a prick.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

They pre-rejected her. They also stated they already knew the Alliance were inviting them before she arrived. Also there are shadow priests among the blood elves. She's also not just a war hero, but basically their true leader. The exile isn't the betrayal, even though it is. Its the physical assault. Also, she fled, they were trying to arrest her.

Blood Elves also purposefully organized Alleria and Nightborne being there at the same time. Alleria even offered to leave, she did not want this.
    They prerejected her? Um, the Blood Elves were already in talks to join the Alliance in the past, so they would know about any potential of them rejoining. It doesn't change how Alleria only returned to her people on the behest of the Alliance - not for any service to Silvermoon/Quel'thelas.

Yes, there are shadow priests in the Blood Elves... and what is your point? Priests are trained in both the light and void, and their purpose is to keep everything in balance. Their presence will not corrupt the Sunwell. Alleria is not trained in the balance of light and void, she is a pure void being and still has tenuous control over it at best. She is a threat to the Sunwell, as we have seen. Again, I am not saying it was intentional - but from the Blood Elf perspective, you cannot blame them for a) freaking out by the Sunwell being under threat by an Alliance messenger and b) trying to arrest her.

How is Alleria their 'true' leader? She has been gone for over 1000 years, and abandoned her people in their time of crisis. Lorthemar is their leader, having lead them through their almost annihilation and brought them back to a position of prestiege. Meanwhile Alleria comes back only to bring the Blood Elves into the Alliance, because she apparently only cares to talk to the Alliance and in no way communicates with the Blood Elves before to see what has happened to them and what they want.

And what physical assault are you even talking about? Being arrested? She deserved to be arrested in the eyes of the Blood Elves.

Correct, Jaina has never done anything like this.. Sylvannas is the only one with a record of doing something like this, torturing Koltira for 10 years.

"kill innocent mages and civilians in the Dalaran" is *still* subjective. They're still foreigners, and during an invasion, how do you differentiate? No elf was ever born in Dalaran. It was a human city.
    They were still considered citizens and they were still slaughtered. Nor was their an invasion going on.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

7+ Year Old Account
    Correction, she didn't simply allow it to happen. She quit her position, and literally ran away from the Alliance in a time of desperate need - essentially allowing them to be obliterated (it's the Burning Legion!). So, you reckon she won't throw a massive fit if an Alliance agent doesn't want to kill the Horde to protect her homeland? Sure, I can't definitely say she would kill someone, but in a time of war... and how crazy she's gotten, I would not hold it past her, AT ALL. A reminder, she actively tried to kill innocent mages and civilians in the Dalaran Horde purge. People who had nothing to do with the Horde transgressions.
    His point whas that she would kill an alliance member in not wanting to follow orders. Which is not true considering her past (what Blizzard decides to write is still open). No idea what your correction is all about besides shitting on a character.

Also we still don't know what Jaina was exactly doing during that time, same could be said about the Horde not doing shit while fighting the legion on Argus since it was all Illidan and a bunch of other alliance characters, blame Blizzards writing not being detailed enough.

7+ Year Old Account
    They prerejected her? Um, the Blood Elves were already in talks to join the Alliance in the past, so they would know about any potential of them rejoining. It doesn't change how Alleria only returned to her people on the behest of the Alliance - not for any service to Silvermoon/Quel'thelas.

Yes, there are shadow priests in the Blood Elves... and what is your point? Priests are trained in both the light and void, and their purpose is to keep everything in balance. Their presence will not corrupt the Sunwell. Alleria is not trained in the balance of light and void, she is a pure void being and still has tenuous control over it at best. She is a threat to the Sunwell, as we have seen. Again, I am not saying it was intentional - but from the Blood Elf perspective, you cannot blame them for a) freaking out by the Sunwell being under threat by an Alliance messenger and b) trying to arrest her.

How is Alleria their 'true' leader? She has been gone for over 1000 years, and abandoned her people in their time of crisis. Lorthemar is their leader, having lead them through their almost annihilation and brought them back to a position of prestiege. Meanwhile Alleria comes back only to bring the Blood Elves into the Alliance, because she apparently only cares to talk to the Alliance and in no way communicates with the Blood Elves before to see what has happened to them and what they want.

And what physical assault are you even talking about? Being arrested? She deserved to be arrested in the eyes of the Blood Elves.
    Alleria being trapped in outland and fighting the demon invasion is abandoning her people? Got it

Correct, Jaina has never done anything like this.. Sylvannas is the only one with a record of doing something like this, torturing Koltira for 10 years.

"kill innocent mages and civilians in the Dalaran" is *still* subjective. They're still foreigners, and during an invasion, how do you differentiate? No elf was ever born in Dalaran. It was a human city.
    I'm not saying she has ever done something like that - but that she could. In the past I would fully say she wouldn't, but with how she is now... it's no secret she has drastically changed in personality.

Also, it doesn't change the fact that you had people who were living in Dalaran, studying there, and a lot of them without direct affiliation to the Horde outside of a race under a banner, and she tried to purge them. It's hard to argue that as an acceptable move. It's on par with the likes of Sylvanus and Garrosh (not overall on par with them, but that action). It's extremist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Its a fact that Alleria's character is butchered in wow to make her more alliance alligned she was originally a huge quel'thalas nationalist and would have taken her peoples side not her human fucktoy. Also not talking to her sister is just dumb if she loved her family so much she hunted orcs for revenge she would have atleast listened to Sylvanas side of the story and not only veressa's
    I disagree with that assertion. Alleria, during the Second War, actually went against Anasterian's orders (for the Farstrider corps to remain in Quel'Thalas) and assisted the Alliance of Lordaeron - later bringing back solid proof of the claims that the Amani (with the Horde's assistance) were resurgent and once again a threat to Silvermoon. A "huge Quel'Thalas nationalist" would be unlikely to go against the presumed command of her then-King, and Alleria has always been defined by a strong independent streak and a willfulness that seems a familial Windrunner trait. The Second War, as well as working with Turalyon and Khadgar to free Capitol City in Lordaeron from its blockade, would do much to cement her ties to the Alliance (loyalties easily transferable to its current incarnation).

As for not speaking to Sylvanas, this is more likely because Sylvanas isn't present on the Vindicaar to talk to - Vereesa is. Given her reaction as to what happened to Sylvanas in the Third War it's also understandable she may view her own sister with suspicion now that Sylvanas is undead.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    "As the oldest, Alleria was expected to succeed her mother as Silvermoon's ranger-general". No one would be surprised if she re-took the mantle. Which during basically every war time, becomes the acting leader of the elves. Sylvannas took the General title, but only as a consolation.

Also - Who would *ever* listen to that hot head Lor'themar?

"Auric is present when Lor'themar attempts to claim Quel'Delar for "its rightful owners." When the blade does not accept the regent lord and hurls him back across the plateau, Rommath holds Auric responsible for this apparent treachery and the Sunwell guardians surround him with weapons drawn. Auric defuses the situation after inferring that Quel'Delar decides upon its owner, and not the other way around, citing Lor'themar's foolishness as the reason behind his injuries"

Also yelling "Guards, seize her!" is arresting someone.
    You know very little on elves if you think that makes Alleria their rightful leader. Sylvanas was more talented than her with a bow when Sylvanas was only twenty years old, without getting the rank of Ranger general she never rose past captain. Lorthemar was her superior before he ever became regent lord.

People listen to Lorthemar because he’s a hell of a lot more liked by his people than Alleria, even before she tried to spike the Sunwell willingly or not.

Also calling being arrested physical assault, lol. Alleria deserved all the mockery she got for how horrendously botched her attempts to get the blood elves into the Alliance were, she can’t even play basic diplomat and you think she’s the rightful leader, it’s not based on rank or aptitude talking, so what exactly makes you think she’s the rightful leader?

Bonus points for calling Lorthemar a hot head in comparison to suicidal rage, thinking she’s mastered the void Alleria
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2018-04-24 at 12:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol