Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the temporary cure Blood Elves used was detrimental to their health aswell.
    It isn't, that was the core issue they faced and what so many people love to ignore, the high elves chose to endanger themselves and others, because they did not agree from draining magic from anything that lived.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the temporary cure Blood Elves used was detrimental to their health aswell.
    yes - when they overuse it - they become wretched. And in suramar we saw that lack of energy can lead to Nightfallen and withered state (note: CAN. we don't know the degree of addiction in Suramar and Silvermoon, QT elves probably were not so addicted as Suramar elves, but I think they still had chances to end same fate if not supported by something). So if Blood elf took only as much as he need for normal function for him nothing will change. n.o.t.h.i.n.g
    Last edited by Zorish; 2018-04-24 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    It's still a different design from the ingame Blood elven and High elven buildings, so it could be portrayed as ancient High elf structures with the High elves going further back to their roots to distance them from the Blood and Void elves.

Because most of us want to play High elves, not the result of High elves and humans breeding. The whole High elves breeding with humans is actually one of the things about High elves I like the least. Since they're not High anymore, perhaps we can call them Exiled Elves or something?
    You have high elves in the game atm.(void/blood elves).And you can play them eureka !

Abstinence

One answer to magical addiction was to abstain from magic entirely. This was employed by some of the remaining high elves who did not become blood elves. Some dealt with their addiction in a similar manner to the blood elves, using stolen artifacts and mana-bearing crystals to sate their hunger. The high elves of Quel'Danil swore off magic completely,[12] while the high elves of Quel'Lithien opposed mana draining on moral grounds.[10]

Abstinence was not for everyone. While rangers could get by with minimal assistance, more magic-inclined elves who ceased their intake of magic became gravely ill.[2]

Source: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Magical_ad...Finding_a_cure

While it made the magic users very ill they would eventually overcome it as any addict would but abstinence was an option.
    Such a low rate of attrition might be considered an argument in favor of simply forgoing magic and suffering through the consequences. Indeed, a few high elves are said to have succeeded in taking this route through sheer willpower: they survived the process, however unpleasant. Apparently certain magical artifacts also ameliorate the symptoms of withdrawal and might, if sufficiently powerful, be able to suppress them altogether.

This is not to say, however, that withdrawal from magic would leave the high elves unharmed. On the contrary, permanent mental or physical damage is possible.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/The_Warcra...dia/High_Elves

To think of it even if Quel'Danil Lodge elves stopped practicing magic - this not mean that they not "feed" on it passively. This place were built before fall of the Sunwell. Maybe it's place closer to leylines? And this allowed them to survive on minimal supply wich their bodied took passively? And what after reignition of Sunwell? If some High elves said that pangs of their addiction are easier - then maybe Quel'Danil Lodge elves now live normaly, but just not practice any arcane magic by themself?
    Why i say this - because Alleria elves allegiance is quite questionable - thanks to mr Sunchaser who were in Silvermoon during WotLK events. And since practice of "creature mana draining" stopped (yes they retained this skill, but not just as technique they can use in warfare/emergency) some "High elves" now have no real reasons to not back in QT (thanks to LTT and co.). And there is no fel around for them to get green eyes... Wich mean in the end population of "High elves" shrinked even more, and the ones who left are same as Veressa (who is same elf and endured her suffering because she lived in mage city dalaran).

- - - Updated - - -

While I agree it made them ill some of the symptoms I believe were retconned and your source: This page was last edited on 13 April 2014, at 18:23.

So it may not have been as detrimental as it was once originally thought.
    if this was rectoned not yesterday this wiki updated very quick. After release of every tome of chronicles it took them i think 1-2 weeks to update most of things. So sorry - no proof - no deal

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    But the ones I like are the ones who refused to compromise their morals and beliefs, and fought their addiction and won. The ones who stuck to the Alliance and their old allies and scorned the Horde. It's why I always loved the High elves, because I looked on them and I saw people willing to fight and not give in to their addiction, while the Blood elves gave in, became volatile, started meddling with Fel and so on.
    You say morals a lot, but what is moral about their decision to stick with a faction whose leader wanted them to be slaves, and after they disobeyed wanted them rounded up and executed? Like I said, they have no self-dignity if they valued humans lives over their own.

And their decision to abstain from consuming alternate magic sources was not a moral decision, it was a stupid one. It is the equivalent of choosing and preaching veganism right after a natural disaster and while everyone is starving for food. Of course Lor'themar wasn't having anymore of that shenanigans when survival was of the utmost importance. The fate of Quel'lithien also serves as a reminder of the folly of that decision.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

But then there's the consequences of the Blood Elves actions which the High Elves found distasteful and outright treacherous like allying with the Horde the Horde with trolls and Undead who killed their kin in the past and High Elves cannot forgive the the Blood Elves for their past transgressions of draining the life from living beings in fact the High elves at every turn have gone out of their way to be a nuisance for the Blood Elves so I'm pretty sure along with that that the Blood Elves also hate the High Elves for it.

ick. After release of every tome of chronicles it took them i think 1-2 weeks to update most of things. So sorry - no proof - no dea
    Blood elves hate "High elves"? really? no okay maybe someone like Rommath after Dalaran purge will hate them very much, but LTT as leader and Halduron TOTALY not against uniting Children of Silvermoon. It's only thanks to veressa and other human lovers + jaina efforts this not happened. And before this efforts i am sure some of "High elves" returned to quel'thalas (especialy after reignition of sunwell and stop to magic draining practices).
    On several occasions after the Sunwell's defilement, Kael'thas publicly asserted that his people would die unless they found a new source of magic. Technically the prince was mistaken. According to Azeroth's top priests and medics, the only high elves to perish due to magical withdrawal have been the very old, the very young, and elves who were already in poor health. Such a low rate of attrition might be considered an argument in favor of simply forgoing magic and suffering through the consequences. Indeed, a few high elves are said to have succeeded in taking this route through sheer willpower: they survived the process, however unpleasant. Apparently certain magical artifacts also ameliorate the symptoms of withdrawal and might, if sufficiently powerful, be able to suppress them altogether. This is not to say, however, that withdrawal from magic would leave the high elves unharmed. On the contrary, permanent mental or physical damage is possible.[2]

Source: https://wow.gamepedia.com/High_elf#E...cal_withdrawal
    This page was last edited on 20 April 2018, at 11:51.
    And the very last phrase wich alreade were linked there
    This is not to say, however, that withdrawal from magic would leave the high elves unharmed. On the contrary, permanent mental or physical damage is possible.[2]
    so this is not prove that something changed. Withdrawal from magic can lead to permanent damage same as overusing it. And only ones who stopped are Quel'Danil Lodge. Wich not mean that they stopped to feed on mana passively (it's just idea because when elves established this village they can be guided by mana flow in the world (ley lines) and placed it closer to one in case of emergency - because it's borders of their kingdom). Yes they not drain it by force. But exactly because of all events i am sure that both Blood elves and "High elves" developed some kind of passive siphon of mana from the world. Difference that Blood elves learned how to use this siphon on living creatues (and look on Nightfallen and withered. They not learned from illidan - but VEEEEERY skilled in actually siphoning mana from others to sate their hunger)

And by the way - see. If withdrawal from mana killed someone who were weak - do you really think it not affected healthy ones? any logic? no my dear - it's mean that Healthy adults had enough resources in their bodies to endure it. But this resources still were depleted. And only elves know how much this took from them. And after that one group gone for draining (blood elves) to replenish this recources in their bodied, and other gone with "pride" ("high elves") and tried to endure it, depleting recourses even more. And thanks to 12+ mark we actually don't know how much of "High elves" actually endured it by themself without help or artifacts or friends/lovers (veressa)
    Last edited by Zorish; 2018-04-24 at 01:41 PM.

It says these conditions were "possible" so it doesn't necessarily mean it's 100% guaranteed to cripple the High Elf it was only a "possible" outcome.

And are you trying to mock me by constantly pointing out that the game is 12+?
    don't play victim card again (yes again). I am just telling that because of age factor (plus old game - no actual conversation between our characters and npc) we don't see "dirty" side of the world of WARcraft often (maybe in BfA we will see more atlast. Honestly i am a little tired of good fairy tale).

And same with yout "possible" things wich you try to pull for Aliance having pretty elf model. Till we see any actuall confirmation (if you really want, but i understand that Allied races ignited powder keg in the WoW community, but Ion said that Blood elves are "High elves", and other comment's don't confirm their addition to game. They only confirm that blizzard aware of it, but this not confirm that they will provide them as they are. Maybe they consider them as base for Half-elves? or ideas to actually change them? or killing veressa and saying that remaining "HE" gone void for revenge, or something. They just said "we know that you want High elves" nothing more).

Official MEGATHREAD, so excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Official MEGATHREAD, so excited.
    uh it’s already been the megathread for a month some mod designating it “official” wont change anything for you.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    uh it’s already been the megathread for a month some mod designating it “official” wont change anything for you.
    Not sure if its a good idea to put the general gripe of some people with void elves and high elves in the same thread as the 100 pages of a handfull people posting their fanfics .

Talking about Ion you cannot take his word as god as he has been proven many times to be wrong or just hiding evidence of things via misdirection ie "No planned customisation for older races" then a few days later Gold eye and face options for an older race, and it's not the first time he has pulled the wool so to speak over the players eyes.
    i love how people twist words. http://www.wowhead.com/news=282736/l...on-hazzikostas

Any plans on adding new customization options to the non-allied races?

They have to prioritize and most of the character team is currently working on the Allied Races.
    he didn't said "NO" he said that most people working on Allied races. MOST not ALL

Yes they have commented they are aware of the demand for playable High Elves but they have also asked for player feedback on what races they would like to see ingame hence why they are getting this demand for playable High elves not all of us are taking this as a guaranteed win hence why we are still putting our idea's and passion forward to something we would like to see on our faction, instead of fighting us at every turn maybe the Horde should be fighting for what they would like to have on their faction like Ogres.
    Horde don't "fight" for race, because we are not as demanding as you Aliance. And we know what is logical and what is not. You are trying to pull any straw you can (even not logical ones) for you having pretty elves. Horde don't try it, because Horde have plenty of races as candidates for Allied race. Aliance - don't. and that why you my dear pull "High elves", Vrykuls, sethak, etc. in their ranks. Strange eh?
    Doing something as spiteful as telling the community that all High Elves are now dead or converted to Void Elves without any real reasoning would cause more of a backlash and possiblity of loss in subs for Blizzard hence why they won't do anything like that even if they never give us a definate yes or no they know the way you guys would like to see it put is not the right way to go about it.
    Yeah totaly. Sub loss on removing "High elves". totaly.

"WOW a megathread! This must mean MMO Champion is pro-High Elf!"

lmfaoooooooo

You seem to be fighting damned hard against us, But I suppose it's alright for Horde as you alrdy have had most of your wishlist checked off with the intial announcements of BfA Zandalari Trolls, Straight back Orcs we've all seen these requests for years and you cannot deny it.
    Want my personal wishlist? Drakonids. And i am understand that there is small chances for them. Maybe after, thanks to Ebonhorn we will see this in future, but i am not pulling any straw i can to justify them being added asap. i am interested in Zandalari a little more than other races and honestly having straight back for ocs never bothered me much (and i am playing orc right now). Maximum i would say "not bad" (and they still have sooo much clip in their animations).

I fight because i hate when people ignoring lore, words of developer and any kind of logic for their personal gain. Okay if this "gain" won't hurt others, but this will affect my faction too.

I love this game. I love that blizzard stepped out of comfort zone and race wich everyone love (elves) not "good guys" and "black elves" not "bad guys" like in every fantasy. That orcs have honor, trolls are not mindless beats, gobllins are traiders and engineers, and undead have their thoughts, instead being either mindless or evil liches. I love this game for blizzard "try" to be different. You want the generic fantasy game with "good races on good side / bad races on bad side"
    Last edited by Zorish; 2018-04-24 at 03:37 PM.

But then there's the consequences of the Blood Elves actions which the High Elves found distasteful and outright treacherous like allying with the Horde the Horde with trolls and Undead who killed their kin in the past and High Elves cannot forgive the the Blood Elves for their past transgressions of draining the life from living beings in fact the High elves at every turn have gone out of their way to be a nuisance for the Blood Elves so I'm pretty sure along with that that the Blood Elves also hate the High Elves for it.
    Kaira, this isnt a personal attack or w/e the hell you want to call it, this is a correction, Thalassian elves hate AMANI trolls, amani trolls arent part of Thrall's horde, darkspear(who never attacked them) are, revantusk are simply neutral with the horde, just because revantusk are forest trolls doesnt mean they're amani, and with the zandarali joining the horde, not all of the other tribes will fall in line (farraki general refuses on the grounds that the horde wiped out his tribe, gurubashi and amani refusing for other reasons)

I'm not accusing you of attacking me but you see I also mentioned the undead the High Elves see them as no better than the scourge as the undead are an abomination.
    i wasnt talking about what the lich king made the undead do while they were under his will(1 mind, many bodies, not right to hold them accountable for actions they couldnt fight against however), i was pointing out that you were generalizing the elves hate of 1 troll tribe as them hating all trolls, when the current horde isnt allied with said troll tribe(which someone needs to tell Alleria.....)

Deleted
    Your hair options are catastrophic, even worse than the atrocity that the void elf hair options are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well to be fair the Armani were allowed into the Horde at one point and that was alongside the Darkspear Trolls so they could be seen as a one and the same enemy by the High Elves.
    Warcraft Chronicles volume 3 page 150

"Despite the elves's history of bitter warfare with the orcs, Lor'themar was receptive to the idea. He knew this Horde was different than the one that had ravaged Quel'thalas in years past."

So, the Elves understand full well that the Horde they joined, which included Darkspear Trolls, is not the same as the one they fought against, which included Amani.

Individuals are capable of nuance, and not lumping whole groups together for no reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post
    Half-Elves and Half-Ogres are Half-breeds and according to word of god there are probably not enough of them to make them playable and they also lack lore.

Half-races are so rare in Warcraft that we don't really have any established lore. (That I'm aware of). -- Dave Kosak

“We don't have that many cross-breeds in the universe." -- Dave Kosak

in other words: There are so few half breeds of any kind on Azeroth today that they cannot be considered a race. Half breeds of any kind do not gather in any significant numbers, nor do they act as a coordinated whole. They are a very small group of individuals scattered all over the world. As such, they do not have common opinions or goals. Indeed, half breeds of any kind cannot even truly be said to have a culture.
    Hmm, pity. Half Elves in WoW 2 once they've had a chance to bump up the population then.

10+ Year Old Account
    But you know as well as I do when the Blood Elves joined the Horde the High Elves had already abandoned the Blood Elves because they found the life essence draining distasteful so they would not be privvy to all BE and Horde activity as they were effectively exiled.
    Yet Blood Elves are the High Elves and they live right next door to the Amani. Their opinion on this matter trumps a few exiles, and the people of Quel'thalas were able to discriminate between an an enemy and a potential friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Warcraft Chronicles volume 3 page 150

"Despite the elves's history of bitter warfare with the orcs, Lor'themar was receptive to the idea. He knew this Horde was different than the one that had ravaged Quel'thalas in years past."

So, the Elves understand full well that the Horde they joined, which included Darkspear Trolls, is not the same as the one they fought against, which included Amani.

Individuals are capable of nuance, and not lumping whole groups together for no reason.
    This also underscores the fact that Garithos' treatment of the Blood Elves was so bad, and afterwards how the Alliance treated Silvermoon instead of sending help, even the old rivalry with the Orcs and the Trolls paled in comparison in Lor'themar's mind, and it made him "receptive" to the New Horde.

I play Alliance even I think the treatment the Alliance displayed towards the High Elves/Blood Elves that made turn to the Horde was absolutely despicable.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals