Page 18 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Where did that objective analysis come from?
    From the video in question. I think I made it clear. If you're unable (or unwilling) to let go of your bias and look at situations objectively, it's not my fault.

I don't like Milo. I know he is basically a 'professional provocateur', riling people up for a living, but unless it can be proven that Milo entered that place to actually cause a scene, then what the crowd did is unprovoked, and they're in the wrong, here. It's unarguable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    This entire thread is dripping with hypocrisy from both sides.
    Not really, and putting politics in 2 sides is very simplistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    From the video in question. I think I made it clear. If you're unable (or unwilling) to let go of your bias and look at situations objectively, it's not my fault.

I don't like Milo. I know he is basically a 'professional provocateur', riling people up for a living, but unless it can be proven that Milo entered that place to actually cause a scene, then what the crowd did is unprovoked, and they're in the wrong, here. It's unarguable.
    No, the video is a video. There is no objective analysis with in the video. It's a video of people shouting and a couple dudes leaving.

Just because something is unprovoked, does not mean they are objectively in the wrong. If I say, "Hello" to you, and I objectively in the wrong? You are basing it on your own personal beliefs and interpretations, making it a subjective issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Not really, and putting politics in 2 sides is very simplistic.
    It was simple to do.

No, the video is a video. There is no objective analysis with in the video. It's a video of people shouting and a couple dudes leaving.
    I based the analysis on the video.

Just because something is unprovoked, does not mean they are objectively in the wrong. If I say, "Hello" to you, and I objectively in the wrong? You are basing it on your own personal beliefs and interpretations, making it a subjective issue.
    You're equating a simple greeting with intentional harassment. That's very dishonest of you. The group in question didn't approach Milo with the intention of greeting him. They did so with the intention of harassing him out of the building. That's why they're in the wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    It was simple to do.
    But that is not how politics work.

You're equating a simple greeting with intentional harassment. That's very dishonest of you. The group in question didn't approach Milo with the intention of greeting him. They did so with the intention of harassing him out of the building. That's why they're in the wrong.
    Was it harassment when Milo used his platform during a campus speech to belittle and personally attack a student from that school? Or is it only harassment when the fee-fees of a conservative get hurt? How fast you guys turn into crybabies is amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, no. An objective analysis of what the video shows says that the crowd is in the wrong. Because we're not shown Milo doing anything to provoke said reaction.
    Milo's entire career is based on provoking such reactions. It's literally his trade.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

No, I'm equating speech to speech. Can we demonstrate how it was actually harassment? Now, if you can get a court and judges to agree with you, then you may have an argument towards objectiveness. Until then, it's your subjective opinion.

The group in question didn't seem to approach him at all, they yelled at him from a distance in a bar.

Of course, that's like saying Milo is in the wrong, because he's a race-bating troll... it's a subjective opinion.

It's a good thing I'm here to support free speech.

Milo and his mysterious black boyfriend that he's never seen with and probably doesn't even exist

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, no. An objective analysis of what the video shows says that the crowd is in the wrong. Because we're not shown Milo doing anything to provoke said reaction.
    Absolute poppycock.

Is your issue with the chanting and noise level? That's typical of a bar setting. So you'd be objective wrong, if this were your position (I don't think it is; I mention it to exclude "chanting loudly" as a complaint).

Is your issue with the message being communicated to Milo? Then your issue is with freedom of speech, and specifically, you don't think the bar patrons should have had freedom to speak that way, because you think Milo's feelings were hurt. That is not an "objective analysis", it's manipulating the facts to protect an abusive shithead of a person from facing the social consequences of being an abusive shithead.

This wasn't "harassment". Here's the law on harassment, for New York;
    https://law.justia.com/codes/new-yor...le-240/240.25/

240.25 Harassment in the first degree.A person is guilty of harassment in the first degree when he or she
    intentionally and repeatedly harasses another person by following such
    person in or about a public place or places or by engaging in a course
    of conduct or by repeatedly committing acts which places such person in
    reasonable fear of physical injury. This section shall not apply to
    activities regulated by the national labor relations act, as amended,
    the railway labor act, as amended, or the federal employment labor
    management act, as amended.

They would have had to;
    A> follow Milo out of the bar or around the bar, which they weren't doing
    B> make statements that place Milo in reasonable fear of physical injury, which didn't happen.

Any other harassment laws are higher classes than this and require even worse conduct; this is the broadest category.

So it definitively was not harassment.
    Last edited by Endus; 2018-04-24 at 04:06 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    If a lefty had been shouted at in a bar and cried about it on social media, I wonder what Milo would have said about it ...
    "Lefties are sensitive snowflakes who can't handle free speech!".

But now that it's him, it's harassment and physical assault ...
    I just can't with this tribal hypocrisy, everyone uses the same arguments they just use them for opposing views and circumstances.
    The lefty would just call them nazist/ fascist on social media, use that as an evidence that hate speech is on the rise and ask for more free speech limitations.

No, I'm equating speech to speech. Can we demonstrate how it was actually harassment? Now, if you can get a court and judges to agree with you, then you may have an argument towards objectiveness. Until then, it's your subjective opinion.

The group in question didn't seem to approach him at all, they yelled at him from a distance in a bar.

Of course, that's like saying Milo is in the wrong, because he's a race-bating troll... it's a subjective opinion.

It's a good thing I'm here to support free speech.
    Sometimes I'm amazed people can still walk after all the bending-over-backwards they do to defend bigotry when it's perpetrated by people they happen to agree with.

Of course, most people who cry about bigotry don't actually know what it means... only that it's something that happens against blacks and gays, apparently.

As NineSpine just pointed out. Milo has been known to dish out the kind of behavior he just recieved in the video.

Also

At his best, Milo is an admitted troll who has the sole purpose of drawing negative attention. It really shouldn't surprise or upset anyone to find that he receives poor treatment from the public because of his distasteful behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    Sometimes I'm amazed people can still walk after all the bending-over-backwards they do to defend bigotry when it's perpetrated by people they happen to agree with.

Of course, most people who cry about bigotry don't actually know what it means... only that it's something that happens against blacks and gays, apparently.
    Everyone is a bigot. Everyone is utterly intolerant of something, or somebody.

I don't need to bend over backwards, I'm here to support freedom of speech. Do you have a problem with that?

Now, let's look at all the things I'm bigoted against.

Homophobes
    Racists
    People who harm children
    Blind partisans

Everyone is a bigot. Everyone is utterly intolerant of something, or somebody.

I don't need to bend over backwards, I'm here to support freedom of speech. Do you have a problem with that?

Now, let's look at all the things I'm bigoted against.

Homophobes
    Racists
    People who harm children
    Blind partisans
    Mmm. Self loathing is a disgusting perfume.

Gets upset when people call someone a "Nazi." Calls people commies...

- - - Updated - - -

Not even the Soviets really did that.
    Who got upset ? Calling GAW JEW nazi is laughable

and yeah commies did

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Thats what marxists do, yes, your point being?
    yup commies do that

10+ Year Old Account
    Gee, it's almost as if being an insufferable troll without the veil of internet anonymity might have negative consequences.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

What on earth is going on with all the nazi-tagging and namecalling? Is the norm really that everyone you don't agree with is a nazi? I bet people on the left even manage to call eachothers nazi when they disagree on something. A person like Milo would likely be first in line to be gassed under the real nazis some 70 years ago
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    We were created by the biblical God.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    There's as much evidence for Santa as for darwinian evolution.
    The irony

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post

yup commies do that
    D

Dem socs are not commies, not all marxists are commies.
    What is your point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Contego View Post
    What on earth is going on with all the nazi-tagging and namecalling? Is the norm really that everyone you don't agree with is a nazi? I bet people on the left even manage to call eachothers nazi when they disagree on something. A person like Milo would likely be first in line to be gassed under the real nazis some 70 years ago
    He likes to dress up as a nazi, his leaked emails and passwords were all nazi related, and his views are abhorrent. He's at the least fond of huge amounts of nazi beliefs.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephberns...vjL#.uiQyO0k28