Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    The Rendorei do not join the Alliance because they were exiled. They were exiled a long time ago and stayed in the Ghostlands without the Alliance just fine. They join the Alliance because Alleria asks them to join, when she offers to teach them to use their new power.
    Basicaly she created a cult.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Basicaly she created a cult.
    I'm not sure about a cult, because they don't revere her. They are grateful and surely need her guidance for some time, but for most of them it doesn't seem like they would create shrines for her or something.
    I mean if being grateful and following someone is what makes you a cult, then Azeroth is full of cults

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    I'm not sure about a cult, because they don't revere her. They are grateful and surely need her guidance for some time, but for most of them it doesn't seem like they would create shrines for her or something.
    I mean if being grateful and following someone is what makes you a cult, then Azeroth is full of cults
    They sure are ok with spreading void corruption to others.

Where are the Witch Hunters when the alliance needs them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)

"Its not bad if it benefits alliance" - alliance credo since forever.

Deleted

I'm sure some people are plotting things against them, but can't move openly. I mean, attacking an ally the king himself invited is kinda bad, especially when a war is about to start. And Alleria being the wife of the Lightforged leader and part of the Army of Light herself may also be kind of a hindrance in pursuing her and the Rendorei openly. But you do get some talk when you try and enter the Cathedral in Stormwind at least. This doesn't even happen to my warlocks

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing because they're working with the trolls and orcs. Alleria loved to kill them

Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    Vereesa is nuts,but Alleria doesn't hate her people.She sticks with the faction where her family is,which is more than understandable.
    might want to rephase this since she's got family on both sides.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    But 5 minutes ago they DID want to defend Silvermoon. That was the whole reason they learned about the void in the first place. It wasn't 30-40 years...
    I don't care about this argument, and I know this is off-topic, but your profile pic is so damn adorable I had to say something. I just wanna hug dat orc.
    Some people really like flavor. Occasionally subsisting on nutrient paste just doesn't feel the same as eating a steak. I get that flavor isn't for everyone, but I doubt removing all cosmetic indicators from the game would be appealing either. Nobody want to log in, queue to fight modestly sized blue checked box boss #7, initiate combat using an attack sequence of abilities 1-7 with a 13 beat repeat coda intermittently, and collect item level 630 slot 7 gear either.

Hate is a strong word. Honestly the most that the Windrunner sisters have against the people of Silvermoon is the political conflict.
    - High Elves were exiled for refusing to partake in draining fel magic.
    - Blood Elves joining the Horde, who are long-time enemies of the High Elves. (Remember; they are joined by Trolls, orcs, and undead. Three forms of enemies that killed their youngest brother, their middle sister, and lay siege to their home.)
    - Exiled Alleria for her involvement with the void, as well as others who also dabbled with void magic.
    [Insert Infraction Here]

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardless Man View Post
    Hate is a strong word. Honestly the most that the Windrunner sisters have against the people of Silvermoon is the political conflict.
    - Blood Elves joining the Horde, who are long-time enemies of the High Elves. (Remember; they are joined by Trolls, orcs, and undead. Three forms of enemies that killed their youngest brother, their middle sister, and lay siege to their home.)
    - Exiled Alleria for her involvement with the void, as well as others who also dabbled with void magic.
    They didn’t leave over fel magic though, they got kicked out for refusing to siphon mana from mana bearing virmen
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

i want to say high elves and those that would be known as blood elves split before the involvement of fel energies due to the means of handling their mana addiction.

as for alleria, she was also exiled for her stance on alliance vs horde and acting as an envoy for the High King.

Also, Alleria or Vereesa were not exiled due to this reason. In fact, I believe Vereesa has said somewhere (if someone finds the citation please tell me) that she did not blame the Blood Elves for draining mana, and she would have most likely done the same in their position. So, at least the sisters don't dislike the Blood Elves due to the reason of mana addiction/mana draining.

Also, since the end of the Burning Crusade, the Blood Elves no longer drain mana from victims, and instead absorb energy from the Sunwell itself. So they no longer practice mana draining.

- - - Updated - - -

And it wasn't so much for being involved with the void as it was being a direct threat to the Sunwell and almost getting it corrupted (by being involved with void). It was seen as an act of aggression against the Sunwell.

However, I am sure if that hadn't happened they might have exiled her anyway, due to being involved with Void magic, since they exiled their own people who wouldn't stop dabbling in Void magic. It's hard to say what they would have done with Alleria if the Sunwell incident didn't happen...

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Yeah. I'm seeing Alleria as Daelin Proudmoore 2.0 in the making. She's been out of touch for too long and the only Horde she knows is the demon-fuelled killing machine from the Second War. Hopefully she won't go the same way.
    As soon as she comes back to Azeroth the first thing the Horde is doing - led by her sister no less - is trying to wipe out the Alliance, exactly as they were doing when she left.

So, yeah.

Remember kids, being angry at the Alliance is fine if you're a Horde character but if an Alliance character hates the Horde? They deserve to die and are probably insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    As soon as she comes back to Azeroth the first thing the Horde is doing - led by her sister no less - is trying to wipe out the Alliance, exactly as they were doing when she left.

So, yeah.

Remember kids, being angry at the Alliance is fine if you're a Horde character but if an Alliance character hates the Horde? They deserve to die and are probably insane.
    When the Horde that character hates hasn't existed for over 10 years and the one they're hating and attacking had nothing to do with what happened to your people, then yeah. Did you ever notice nearly all the races in the Horde were enemies at one point? Blood elves fought orcs and forsaken as scourge, and have eternal enmity with trolls and vice versa. Yet they all get along now. It's the Alliance who can't accept their enemy isn't out to get them anymore.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    When the Horde that character hates hasn't existed for over 10 years and the one they're hating and attacking had nothing to do with what happened to your people, then yeah. Did you ever notice nearly all the races in the Horde were enemies at one point? Blood elves fought orcs and forsaken as scourge, and have eternal enmity with trolls and vice versa. Yet they all get along now. It's the Alliance who can't accept their enemy isn't out to get them anymore.
    Except the Horde has been out to get them. Every Vanilla BG is stirred by the Horde except one (AV) that's ambiguous. The Wrathgate was Putress blowing the lid on Sylvanas plague to early and then Varian witnessed what they'd been doing to POWs and civilians, Cataclysm was Garrosh outright declaring war, Ashran was the Horde getting paranoid and attacking the Alliance, BfA is the Horde yet again going down the path of genocide.

When is the Alliance ever the aggressor? And before somebody says Stormheim, they were still working under the assumption the Horde deliberately fed them to the Leigon at the Broken Shore.

The New Horde and Old Horde are pretty much the time, except for that few years between TFA and WotLK when Thrall was heading it up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well. I don't quite remember why Veressa hated Belves before Siege of Theramore (Because she hated them way before that) But in Alleria's case, she basically got kicked out of her own home.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Why do Vereesa and Alleria hate their own people?
    It's interesting how refusing to side with the political leadership of the day is constructed as "hating their own people", presenting dissent from one's state as disloyalty to one's ethnic group, as if both are the same thing (they're not), and as if that somehow justifies retaliation against the dissenters (it doesn't).

That is what totalitarian nationalism (fascism) looks like. Pretty telling that the usual Horde supremacists in this thread reason like that. All part of the Horde's "moral grey zone", right?
    Last edited by mmoc38da5ea66c; 2018-04-27 at 10:42 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    “But orcs and trolls killed their family!!!”

That’s true. Orcs killed their mom and their brother, but a human destroyed their entire home, and killed their sister.

The truth is if Sylvanas survived the Scourge attack she would be a blood elf. She wasn’t off running with humans when Arthas showed up, she was defending her home like every other blood elf today. So then why don’t Vereesa and Alleria get over their petty grudges and join the Horde? Since they’ve both banged humans they surely know that not all humans are bad, just like how not all orcs and trolls are bad.
    Why do humans hate other humans? Because they have differences with each other. In this case, Blood Elves are ideologically and politically much different from High Elves, as well as having allied with those that both Vereesa and Alleria consider to be enemies, or at the very least hostile and untrustworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHMRulez1 View Post
    Well. I don't quite remember why Veressa hated Belves before Siege of Theramore (Because she hated them way before that) But in Alleria's case, she basically got kicked out of her own home.
    something about a blood elf trying to kill Vareesa's kids i think.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by VincentX View Post
    It's interesting how refusing to side with the political leadership of the day is constructed as "hating their own people", presenting dissent from one's state as disloyalty to one's ethnic group, as if both are the same thing (they're not), and as if that somehow justifies retaliation against the dissenters (it doesn't).

That is what totalitarian nationalism (fascism) looks like. Pretty telling that the usual Horde supremacists in this thread reason like that. All part of the Horde's "moral grey zone", right?
    You sound like you’re having a bad day

Go have some fun it’s friday! Life is good.