Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    But tbh.. who would actully bother to do that? there's so many dungeons.. and you only need 1 per week anyway
    Yeah, but he (in a way) made it look like you needed all dungeons on +20 for 2k score.

And to the people commenting that you could have experience in one dungeon even with a low score: Yes, but imagine your 11/11M guild was looking for a dps for a Garothi -> Imonar clear. Two dps queued - both with 90% parses on every boss, both with five kills on every boss they had taken - but one of them is 5/11M and the other one is 11/11. Don't lie, pretty much every single guild would pick the CE-one. Even though they have the same experience on that boss - maybe even the 5/11 have more since their guild might have had more wipes than the 11/11 guild which probably is better overall. So why pick the 11/11? Chances are that he is the one with more general raiding experience. Same goes for dungeons. There are several tricks that works in every dungeon which I can guarantee most people don't know about, especially not the people who only do one dungeon per week.

When thats said, for a +15 this wont really matter, but everyone who has pugged a few times (both in raids and dungeons) know how miserable that can go. They will do what they can to get the player which fits best, even though the requirements might be way too high for the content. One last point is that people might be looking for players to add and play more often with if the run goes smoothly. And which one is more likely to be that person you want to add for keys: The one who has times +15 to +18 in every single dungeon or the one who only do one key every week and doesnt really like m+?

Deleted
    Never used the addon, never will, dont care what score is , i dont even do weekly 15's anymore for months, guild is dead so need to do.
    And i never cared much for M+,and none of the legion dungeons outside kharazhan were all that greatt imo.
    Would prefer to get challenge modes back instead of M+, not fan of it since day 1.

I dont see any gain from runnig more then weekly M+, its not fun to do M+. The affixes are just hatefull at times in dugeons, and doesnt reward anything good outside weekly, which i wouldnt mind at all of was removed entierly for bfa the chest.
    and cathedral i dint like even day 1 so why would i ever run that trash dungeon on M+ for a score which is usefull for nothing.
    I dotn gain or loose anything from it and hope wont be needed for mythic raids in bfa. I prefer to get my gear needed for raids, from raids after orginal gearing in dungeons.
    Last edited by mmocc56b999c4f; 2018-04-22 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by amaze123 View Post
    You are living in the past. I have an ex For the Hord player in my 2-days-guild who just perform average and is shit in m+. The game evolved and the people who are actually trying are much better than back then.
    Also you just showed the addon is doing its job. It seperates the people who put in some work, spam m+ and are probably good at it and the people who do run once a week and only think they are good at it.

- - - Updated - - -

Only people who 100% pug avoid this keys, because they never learned them. If you really enjoy m+ you will starting running brh and lower kara just for the big pulls. Coen was nerfed so many times that it is one of easiest dungeon to run intime in highkeys. Seat was a little bit annoying at first but you will still run it if you get the key in your group. Maybe reduce the level to 2 under your average highest keys, but do it 10 times and the runs are as smooth as in any other dungeon.
    The skill difference in m+ are massiv. I would never bother to run with a tank with a low score anymore, because they just do not know how to pull e.g. the full hallway in brh or the bigpulls in nel. And doing just one pack at a time really is the exact opposite of fun.
    Would some random with low m+ exp pull his weight to chest a 15? Probably. Would someone with alot of exp enjoy running with him? Probably not.
    judging by logs, overall dps, deaths, interuppts, stuns and other class utilities (hands as paladin, totems/knocks/roots/stuns as shaman, grip/stun/interuppt as dk... etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.....) I don't think I'm good at it. I know I am. Because M+ is HEAVY-GEAR DEPENDENT! Not even close to what CMs were. if you have a bit of luck with gear (wf/tf/leg), you can faceroll +20 key.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    judging by logs, overall dps, deaths, interuppts, stuns and other class utilities (hands as paladin, totems/knocks/roots/stuns as shaman, grip/stun/interuppt as dk... etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.....) I don't think I'm good at it. I know I am. Because M+ is HEAVY-GEAR DEPENDENT! Not even close to what CMs were. if you have a bit of luck with gear (wf/tf/leg), you can faceroll +20 key.
    Highkeys are gear dependent, because you need the maxlife and later on the avoidance to not get oneshots. 15th you can easily do with worldquest gear. Even if you are really good than you are one out of 100 with a low score who can actually perform. So you want me to take the 1% chance and gamble or wait 20 seconds for someone with a high score and a 99% chance that he performs?

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Again, I don't think ANYONE has anything against people sorting by raider.io on high keys (above 20 and such), most casuals don't run them, don't care to run them, don't queue for them, and aren't affected at all by what the m+ pros are doing in their +25. You won't see a random guy deciding one day to stumble into +20 with 0 m+ experience.
    Actually, you see them random guys with less than 2k score signing up for +20 through +25 keys all the time.
    Some of them clearly don't know what M+ is. Others... I don't know, may be they are trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by amaze123 View Post
    Highkeys are gear dependent, because you need the maxlife and later on the avoidance to not get oneshots. 15th you can easily do with worldquest gear. Even if you are really good than you are one out of 100 with a low score who can actually perform. So you want me to take the 1% chance and gamble or wait 20 seconds for someone with a high score and a 99% chance that he performs?
    this is terrible advice. WQ gear you're talking about ilvl 870-900 range, so overall gear ilvl will be low 900s.

Low 900s you're going to get 1shot by things like lantern on a fortified 15, or Shadowbolt volleys. A tank with that ilvl is never going to hold agro esp on weeks like this one with skittish.

And nobody facerolls 15+ without following mechanics, which contradicts the definition of faceroll.

.io lets people separate out the "im only doing this from weekly chest" people from the "I like running M+" people, so its doing its job.

I think people forget a lot of people don't really understand dungeon mechanics even this late in the patch, or think they can ignore certain weekly affixes and treat them the same week to week (like the 11th+ pug tank this week chain pulling packs on bolster)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    Actually, you see them random guys with less than 2k score signing up for +20 through +25 keys all the time.
    Some of them clearly don't know what M+ is. Others... I don't know, may be they are trolling.
    Maybe they are whispering you how much they offer for that boost (of score) but you already ignored them? ;p

I wanted to quickly jump on this thread, I have returned recently and really enjoying the game. I was introduced to Mythic+ through my guild and found it to be heaps of fun, a lot more than raiding. I enjoy the tension and competitive nature of the times and key levels. While I'm no-where near amazing at my class nor am I super geared in comparison to long term players (I've just got over 950), I found that I get invited to groups all the time due to my IO score.

I'm not in the core raiding group of my guild so I have more downtime and I often just do Mythics+, which over the last month has seen me move from +2 to +5 keys all the way up to 2chesting a 16 EOA. Learning all the mechanics quickly on low keys (because my gear was crap) helped me raise my IO. I heal as my main so people standing in things on the ground is really annoying.

Basically, I see people with a 1.5k IO with average gear are much better than running with some high level with no score. Often I see people just standing in crap or not knowing the encouters and it's frustrating. IO, while not perfect in telling the full story, is still a great way to filter out someone who knows the encouter vs someone who will manage to kill themseves or the group by doing something silly.

I have a 2.1k IO score which I'm proud of considering the limits of my skill and playing a non-meta healer. I would love to play higher but right now I know I need more practice to build up to them (plus some heroic raid gear would help too )
    Last edited by Worldz; 2018-04-23 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by seriousbacon View Post
    this is terrible advice. WQ gear you're talking about ilvl 870-900 range, so overall gear ilvl will be low 900s.

Low 900s you're going to get 1shot by things like lantern on a fortified 15, or Shadowbolt volleys. A tank with that ilvl is never going to hold agro esp on weeks like this one with skittish.

And nobody facerolls 15+ without following mechanics, which contradicts the definition of faceroll.
    I am talking about Argus worldquests. You have atleast a Legy ilvl 1000 and 910 items bought with Argunite. You do not even have to step in dungeons or raids to get 930 in a few days.
    If you cannot deal with the mariner skip him. It is more timeefficient anyways. The shadow bolt voley deals 7.47m dmg on 15. A 50% wall is enough to live.
    People start soloing that content. +22 has been done solo and +15 even intime. So a 5 man group should be able to acutally faceroll it.

Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    maybe if some idiots here wouldnt constantly spread bs about how lol-easy 20+keys are they wouldnt do so.

but if they read eveyrwhere that +15 is done by lfr players on daily basis almost like hc daily and +20 is soooo easy ofc they que for it why wouldnt they

after all its lol-easy isnt it ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    maybe if some idiots here wouldnt constantly spread bs about how lol-easy 20+keys are they wouldnt do so.

but if they read eveyrwhere that +15 is done by lfr players on daily basis almost like hc daily and +20 is soooo easy ofc they que for it why wouldnt they

after all its lol-easy isnt it ?
    I think he is coloring it a bit too much, but the point stands. Every time i make a grp for 17-19 key(as i am still avoiding pugging thw 20s), and i ask for 2.5+(which is most dungeons on 15), there are always few ppl with under 2k signing that havent even done the keystone on 15. Ofc i am not gonna take a random, with low score, guy who never did upper 15, into a 19. Specially as a lot of the low scored players dont bother learning the boss mechanics.
    Last edited by JackWest; 2018-04-23 at 11:01 AM.
    Raider and multi-classer currently on:
    Fire Mage on Ravencrest EU
    Guardian Druid on Ravencrest EU

Quote Originally Posted by Worldz View Post
    I wanted to quickly jump on this thread, I have returned recently and really enjoying the game. I was introduced to Mythic+ through my guild and found it to be heaps of fun, a lot more than raiding. I enjoy the tension and competitive nature of the times and key levels. While I'm no-where near amazing at my class nor am I super geared in comparison to long term players (I've just got over 950), I found that I get invited to groups all the time due to my IO score.

I'm not in the core raiding group of my guild so I have more downtime and I often just do Mythics+, which over the last month has seen me move from +2 to +5 keys all the way up to 2chesting a 16 EOA. Learning all the mechanics quickly on low keys (because my gear was crap) helped me raise my IO. I heal as my main so people standing in things on the ground is really annoying.

Basically, I see people with a 1.5k IO with average gear are much better than running with some high level with no score. Often I see people just standing in crap or not knowing the encouters and it's frustrating. IO, while not perfect in telling the full story, is still a great way to filter out someone who knows the encouter vs someone who will manage to kill themseves or the group by doing something silly.

I have a 2.1k IO score which I'm proud of considering the limits of my skill and playing a non-meta healer. I would love to play higher but right now I know I need more practice to build up to them (plus some heroic raid gear would help too )
    probably the best reply in this entire thread

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll summarize the people that are against it. "I'm too lazy to grind out higher scores, or I'm incapable of doing to the content properly and I don't like that people can see this with an add-on" The end
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    I'll summarize the people that are against it. "I'm too lazy to grind out higher scores, or I'm incapable of doing to the content properly and I don't like that people can see this with an add-on" The end
    This. Thread should end here, it's been going in circles for days.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    true but from people who only care about weekly cache it is a garbage addon since they dont care about doin even a single dungeon more then 1 +15

10+ Year Old Account
    true but from people who only care about weekly cache it is a garbage addon since they dont care about doin even a single dungeon more then 1 +15
    When i am helping guildies’ alts with 15s, the addon saves a lot of time and nerves. Also, i’ve had plenty of low scored people sign for 17 and above, so that ‘1 +15’ is not always a mere 15

I don't use this addon, didn't even know it was one. My Dh is only 939 but i've been consistantly outperforming 960+ players in M+ keys. My guildies tag me along for their +15s and invite randoms and i'm usually always 1st or 2nd on dps (1st if no guildy comes, 2nd if one does) yet if I try get into a pug it's an instant decline 'coz i'm only 939 luckily my guild is rather large so getting into a +15 weekly isnt a huge issue, but I couldn't imagine playing WoW being much fun if I have to pug everything.

as has been said multiple times already, why don't all the people who hate mythic+ and only do it once a week for the weekly chest group up and make weekly groups amongst themselves, where they don't ever need to look at a raider.io score or worry about not being selected over the other 20+ dps (who do have raider.io scores) that sign up in the first 10 seconds after you make a group for a +15

seems like a really really really simple and obvious solution, no? people that enjoy mythic+ and use the addon can play together, people that don't enjoy mythic+ and hate the addon can play together, and everyone is happy

Its alright, never used the addon and apparently if I look up my score it says my score is 675.. Which I guess is reasonable since I rarely feel like running a mythic+ dungeon at this point of the expansion, still getting declined for a +15 as a tank with ilvl 964 feels a bit silly but I suppose the 675 score makes me look bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Its alright, never used the addon and apparently if I look up my score it says my score is 675.. Which I guess is reasonable since I rarely feel like running a mythic+ dungeon at this point of the expansion, still getting declined for a +15 as a tank with ilvl 964 feels a bit silly but I suppose the 675 score makes me look bad.
    I think in your case its more of ‘experience’ issue, as its crutial that the tank knows what to pull or skip. In guild grp with voice, others can simply teach you on the go, but with randoms you cant have that luxury.