Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    new specs are not easy to make my buddy, i myself made 4t specs ideas for every class exectp demon hunter and trust me its difficult
    Watch out everyone we have a bad ass with a note pad and pen over here!

If you watch the QA's its very obvious they've lost their passion.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Personally BFA is looking pretty amazing to me and I started out very skeptical but I also felt Legion was the best WoW has ever been. To each their own I suppose.

I think people just like to find reasons to not play, so whatever reason you find, it must be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    This is the very first time in my 14 years of WoW that the early responses are overwhelmingly negative.
    You must have a terrible memory then. It's the same every xpac, vocal group screeches doomsday.

"No new classes" - Not every xpac has had a new class, nor does it need it. A large amount of new races is a fine alternative that has been accepted in the past (BC)
    "no new spells" - Wrong, that's such a broad statement, I'm surprised you'd make that.
    "no new talents" - Wrong, that's such a broad statement, I'm surprised you'd make that.
    "no new speccs" - What do you expect? Legion level of new specs? You get that once and suddenly expect that? Ok mate. That's a you problem.

"We lose more with a new expansion than we gain" - Wrong, Unless you're solely talking about abilities? Then I don't know the exact number, but I do know multiple specs gained total abilities and utility. But the expansion brings more than we lose as a total.

"They ignored 100% of the Alpha feedback" - Wrong, that's such a broad statement, I'm surprised you'd make that.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivux View Post
    Watch out everyone we have a bad ass with a note pad and pen over here!
    xD (charging the mech pencil)
    (⌐■_■), m rdy

I guess we're full throttle into the 'hate zone', 'uh?

The last months of an expasion, with a new one already in sight are always filled with dozens and dozens of whining shit posts.

So many exciting arguments and discussions to be had... not.

they dont give a fuck, plain and simple. the class designers don't love the game, that is pretty clear. the "senior" game designers knows what brings the money home at the end of the day and it isn't gameplay, it's the price of admission and race changes. their management takes any retard in any department they have and throws them to design classes as a "systems designer".

class design is done out of spite, not out of love. we need people who want to be there, not people who are told to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gherothar View Post
    That's your problem right there. There ARE other MMOs out there that are pure gold; mostly Final Fantasy XIV and Old Republic. Better than WoW? No, but WoW isn't 'better' than those either.

All these games have something the others don't. One of these games absolutely wrecks the others in some way. I could go on for hours talking about this.

Just don't say stuff like "all the other MMOS are worse". That's what you like to think, not the reality.
    While I do agree that some of those games have something the others don't, to say that they aren't worse is just silly. If they were the same as you say, all 3 would have subs/players in the millions but the ones you mentioned have around ~8k people playing at peak times, while WoW is closer to 100k, pretty sure you can objectively say WoW is better because more people play it.

That being said, I couldn't wait for Legion to be over with the insane grinds in every aspect of the game and from what i saw in BFA alpha, it just isnt appealing that much, gcd is just dumb. Nothing new to replace core artifact abilities, trying to bring back flavor spells that just ruins the specs. However I did pre order it to get allied races back in January so i will undoubtedly give it a go when it comes live.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    The WoW team of Blizzard that is.

This is the very first time in my 14 years of WoW that the early responses are overwhelmingly negative.
    You have to remember that this is a completely different WoW team and mentality compared to the one that was in charge 2004, hence why WoD/Legion/BFA are so different to the game before.

The previous team and evolutions thereof had a set vision for the game that evolved between Vanilla-MoP, on that journey they took things in new directions to make the experience as good for players as possible and accommodate what players wanted and how they liked to play the game. The new team have a completely different vision and sadly whereas the old team were out to make the game as good as it could be for the players, the new team is out to remake the game in their vision, the way they want it to be and force players to play it the way they want ti to be played.

These threads need to die already. I thought all the whiners would have stopped playing by now. The real question is, have you lost your passion to play WoW? If you can't find enjoyment in the game anymore just stop playing. There are plenty of other games that can suit your needs.

Deleted
    No new classes ok shall we ignore the 6 new races that will be at launch and the 2 promised after that plus however many others they have planned?

Also class fantasy dead? Shall we just pretend we didn't just have an entire expansion that focused on that.

I quit WoW half way through Cataclysm due to moving to a new country for work. I didnt play for 6 years. So I missed all of MoP, WoD, and most of Legion. From leveling through all the old content, its interesting to see the changes in design from xpac to xpac. I though WoD would be terrible because of all the hate it gets, but I actually enjoy it the most.

I dont think Blizz is losing passion. But their focus definitely changes over time. Look at Vanilla compared to Legion. The game changes. You have to change with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    As long as brainless people will continue to pre-order games when they are in pre-alpha state, why would Blizzard put more effort?
    First of all: Because they always have. Even WoD, which is the most hated Addon by far, was great for the first one or two months. The problem was everything that followed.
    For BfA however it looks like the starting experience will be terrible and we have to hope for patches to change that.

Second: Because Blizzard knows they earn way more money with the subscription fee and character services than with expansion sales. Obv they want to have high expansion sales AND high subscription numbers, but if they would have to chose I am pretty sure they would chose high subscription numbers. This means they have to care about the finished product. This has NOTHING to do with preorders, it is simply because they are majing bad decisions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    I quit WoW half way through Cataclysm due to moving to a new country for work. I didnt play for 6 years. So I missed all of MoP, WoD, and most of Legion. From leveling through all the old content, its interesting to see the changes in design from xpac to xpac. I though WoD would be terrible because of all the hate it gets, but I actually enjoy it the most.

I dont think Blizz is losing passion. But their focus definitely changes over time. Look at Vanilla compared to Legion. The game changes. You have to change with it.
    That is because you probably only quested through WoD and never returned after you finished with that. Question was mostly awesome, the problems started after you spend around a month on max level.

No blizzard hasn’t lost it’s passion. I think the players have by no fault of their own. We have all grown a bit jaded, the game is no longer a new shiny thing.

Millenials always cry before every single expac, even before playing it at its full potential, you must be new here.

How the WOW team can lose their passión about the game when Legion was the BEST expac of all times? i've been playing since vanilla and... yes, Legion was the best.

Nostalgic people ofter forgets how people cried on the forums about the design of BC, their "easy, simple and boring" dungeons, that flying destroyed world pvp the outlandish aesthetics in general and the Blood Elfs in the HORDE (i was one of those who cried on the forums at that time- and i still do!- because of the elves ruining my manly faction). Yeah, people also tends to forget how we cried on the forums about the deaths of Illidan, Kaelthas and Zuljin.

They also forget that in WOTLK people cried on the forums because the quest design of the Boring Tundra zone, the rehashed content of the Naxx Raid presented as main content (heck! i loved Naxx raid because in vanilla i never got to experience it), and how DKs destroyed pvp forever, the imbalance of pvp in general, etc..etc.
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    No new classes ok shall we ignore the 6 new races that will be at launch and the 2 promised after that plus however many others they have planned?

Also class fantasy dead? Shall we just pretend we didn't just have an entire expansion that focused on that.
    Races are no new content and they are only reskinned old models. Do not get me wrong, I still like the concept and think it is fun to have, but this is very different from a new class. Not saying we need a new class right now, but from a content point if view or an effort point of view, the allied races are way below new classes.

No, they haven't.

And they hadn't lost it during the previous 1000 threads made posing the same retarded question.
    You losing your passion for the game =/= the can no longer inspire it and the developers don't care anymore.

Legion's been the most developed, passionate expansion I've experienced aside from MoP.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-04-25 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vonazak View Post
    Millenials always cry before every single expac, even before playing it at its full potential, you must be new here.

How the WOW team can lose their passión about the game when Legion was the BEST expac of all times? i've been playing since vanilla and... yes, Legion was the best.

Nostalgic people ofter forgets how people cried on the forums about the design of BC, their "easy, simple and boring" dungeons, that flying destroyed world pvp the outlandish aesthetics in general and the Blood Elfs in the HORDE (i was one of those who cried on the forums at that time- and i still do!- because of the elves ruining my manly faction). Yeah, people also tends to forget how we cried on the forums about the deaths of Illidan, Kaelthas and Zuljin.

They also forget that in WOTLK people cried on the forums because the quest design of the Boring Tundra zone, the rehashed content of the Naxx Raid presented as main content (heck! i loved Naxx raid because in vanilla i never got to experience it), and how DKs destroyed pvp forever, the imbalance of pvp in general, etc..etc.
    Just gonna ignore how it took two patches for many specs to get into a playable form right?

Or how the mountain of issues in legion were identified in alpha and then completely ignored till months into launch?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PewPewArrowz View Post
    While I do agree that some of those games have something the others don't, to say that they aren't worse is just silly. If they were the same as you say, all 3 would have subs/players in the millions but the ones you mentioned have around ~8k people playing at peak times, while WoW is closer to 100k, pretty sure you can objectively say WoW is better because more people play it.

That being said, I couldn't wait for Legion to be over with the insane grinds in every aspect of the game and from what i saw in BFA alpha, it just isnt appealing that much, gcd is just dumb. Nothing new to replace core artifact abilities, trying to bring back flavor spells that just ruins the specs. However I did pre order it to get allied races back in January so i will undoubtedly give it a go when it comes live.
    Whoa.

8k people at peak times? Source? This is just not true. Old Republic, I'm, not going to debate that, because it's been a while since I played (little over a year, give or take). But I can say FFXIV is BUSTLING out of experience. Waiting times, interactions with other people, in-game economy, content updates, maintenance and patches/hotfixes, community pages all point to FFXIV having a thriving community.

And please, OBJECTIVELY something is just not better because more people play it, come on. Do I really need to start listing things? Fortnite vs PUBG, for example? Personal perceptions of what 'better' is? Do you think WoW would have so many players if they couldn't play for fucking free? My best friend's gametime expires on October 2019. He payed 3 million gold for that, but ZERO dollars. Seriously, come on.
    Last edited by Gherothar; 2018-04-25 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    If you watch the QA's its very obvious they've lost their passion.
    Maybe with a hefty dose of wishful thinking.

Pathetic.