Finally got my pajamas, can go back to only playing for free arcade boxes now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Finally got my pajamas, can go back to only playing for free arcade boxes now.
    I've got the jammies. Still want the new Reaper and Hanzo skins, though. Not that I play most, but Hanzo's is the first skin of his I've liked, and the new Reaper is just a great skin.

Of course, I keep getting everything BUT those skins.

I've only gotten the DF play of the game into, and a bunch of blue/white shit that no one cares about. I got Torb and Rhein skins from last year which no one cares about because they are heinous blue. I would rather wear 1940's superman tights in RL than wear that shit in a game.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

That was a stupid game. Someone didn't render for the whole team and we couldn't see him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Theres got to be some kind of argument for how hard the game makes you work for it though, I dont feel like its necessary for an FPS to suck up as much time as WoW does, just to get to a level playing field, where you can then start the real grind.

My best advice for people climbing is to just abuse the crappy system and then actually worry about teamplay past Diamond, but surely thats not a good argument to make.
    I see people who are really good in my games. I pull up social. I send a friend invite. We play. When I log on I send invites to a couple people, maybe there is just one on. We play. Maybe he invites another friend. We play. I only play an hour or maybe 90 minutes a day, that is hardly even close to the amount of time you have to put into wow.

This isn't hard and it certainly isn't work. If you think this is work I have to question if you have actually ever had to do real work.

You guys sit here and complain that everyone else on your team are not doing the things to maximise your chances of winning but you refuse to do the one thing you can do to actually maximise your own chances of winning.

I know you all hate hearing me say to pick some people to play with and you all try really hard to make up reasons why it doesn't work but it is all excuses in the end and you know I am right. You send some friend invites, you play with someone, maybe more. Every single person you invite that you know can play is a better chance of winning than a complete random team. Thats a fact. It requires very few button pushes. You don't even have to have sex with them.

You don't have to marry them, you don't have to make a committment to them, all you have to do is send an invite. You don't have to see if thier schedule matches yours. Maybe you only have time for one game, but it is one game with one less rando.

I mean feel free to solo queue but you are going to be rolling the dice 5 times every time you play and since you -can- choose who you play with this really is on you more than anyone else.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2018-04-25 at 04:23 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    snip
    The thing is, if you have a 2/3/4-stack, so does the enemy. While having a certain number of people who are definitely using comms is good, it means chances are the opponents are similarly organised. And don't even go near 5-stacks, if you get matched against a 6 you're absolutely screwed, 6-stacks are another beast altogether.

And while you're right that having communicative/teamplaying friends to queue with is great, the problem is, they're randoms from the internet too. Playing one good game with someone doesn't mean they're good. What if they were having a really good day? What if they're having a terrible day the next? The problem is consistency, which is by and large what separates good players from meh players. Nonetheless, it does reduce the chance of throwers, which is nice.

Unless I'm playing in an organised 6-stack, I'd rather solo or duo, honestly. Playing well consistently will net the same result, a positive winrate, and an increase in SR. I think the problem with most people is patience, if you wanna rank up, it's gonna take time, and you have to put up with the occasional loss-streak because statistics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharjo View Post
    The thing is, if you have a 2/3/4-stack, so does the enemy. While having a certain number of people who are definitely using comms is good, it means chances are the opponents are similarly organised. And don't even go near 5-stacks, if you get matched against a 6 you're absolutely screwed, 6-stacks are another beast altogether.

And while you're right that having communicative/teamplaying friends to queue with is great, the problem is, they're randoms from the internet too. Playing one good game with someone doesn't mean they're good. What if they were having a really good day? What if they're having a terrible day the next? The problem is consistency, which is by and large what separates good players from meh players. Nonetheless, it does reduce the chance of throwers, which is nice.

Unless I'm playing in an organised 6-stack, I'd rather solo or duo, honestly. Playing well consistently will net the same result, a positive winrate, and an increase in SR. I think the problem with most people is patience, if you wanna rank up, it's gonna take time, and you have to put up with the occasional loss-streak because statistics.
    Currently, the system for large group play is pretty fucked, and its been tested by others. Even the devs have said that the
    way its set up right now, when you party with a large group (i.e. a full 6-stack) you're actually getting matched against
    higher level players on average. Which means that a group of 6-stack golds for example, could end up getting matched
    against a group of high level smurfs or significantly higher ranked golds then their ranks are. So you end up getting
    crushed instead of having "fair" competition.

Of course, some posters here aren't smart enough to get that.

I'm afraid you're wasting your time talking to Deadman, as he's very much hostile and volatile. Makes one wonder how
    a mod keeps their job if they can't see the obvious abusive chat he posts and never gets penalized for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Currently, the system for large group play is pretty fucked, and its been tested by others. Even the devs have said that the
    way its set up right now, when you party with a large group (i.e. a full 6-stack) you're actually getting matched against
    higher level players on average. Which means that a group of 6-stack golds for example, could end up getting matched
    against a group of high level smurfs or significantly higher ranked golds then their ranks are. So you end up getting

Of course, some posters here aren't smart enough to get that.

I'm afraid you're wasting your time talking to Deadman, as he's very much hostile and volatile. Makes one wonder how
    a mod keeps their job if they can't see the obvious abusive chat he posts and never gets penalized for it.
    Do you have a source for that? The way I understood it, is if you have a 6-stack matched against another 6 the ELO comparison is fine (I've never played against a 6-stack with much higher SR than our avg.) but if you get a 5-stack and a 1, the avg. SR of the enemy should be a chunk higher than yours - to help correct for the disparity in communications.

That said, I really enjoy playing as a 6 against a 6 - it's an entirely different game, you have both sides being incredibly organised trying to execute a plan that's been given thought and practice. It's great fun, none of this trickling, solo-ulting bollocks you see in ladder usually.

10+ Year Old Account
    you have to remember that moderator is a volunteered position and because of that, policies are enforced arbitrarily. its basically a power trip for no lifers/teen kids and occasionally the kind of person who really wants their community to thrive and is enthusastic about it but it's unrealistic to expect everyone to be that person since it's not like the job pays haha.

its a fanboy vs critic thing. like how xqc gets crucified on reddit but taimou gets protected from "witchunts"

he used to be worse about it, but i don't really care because you'd have to do a lot to get permanently banned from MMO-Champion and its easy to ignore people when your bank of fucks given becomes fuckrupt. Or maybe I just used to be better about what I'd post.

I used to be more positive until I realized how many 40 IQers are playing this game. if they whined incessantly about xqc telling a gay guy to suck a fat cock then they are probably too dumb to figure out how to dress themselves without help. Its like OK the guy said a thing and it wasn't cool we get it. but no lol it wasnt just not cool it was nail this motherfucker up on a cross and set him on fire not cool.

These are the kinds of people who are turning esports into a joke, esports will never be successful with a following of people like this. Your parents will never support you if you want to go pro because anyone in their right mind would realize how retarded this game's community is. It's why I hate JxqcOKE. The way this community treated xQc made me hate them because it just proves that they are spineless hypocrites to whine so much about toxicity and bullying so I don't feel bad about treating them like shit at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a source for that? The way I understood it, is if you have a 6-stack matched against another 6 the ELO comparison is fine (I've never played against a 6-stack with much higher SR than our avg.) but if you get a 5-stack and a 1, the avg. SR of the enemy should be a chunk higher than yours - to help correct for the disparity in communications.
    IIRC, the guys over at Your Overwatch tested this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptSP9MeOVyU&t=320s

Deleted
    IIRC, the guys over at Your Overwatch tested this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptSP9MeOVyU&t=320s
    What I gleaned from that video is, we played in a 6-stack and lost, so we called the opponents smurfs. Yeah, 6-stacking is hard, cause the enemy is really well organised, so your avg. SR is likely lower if you're 6-stacking vs. solo. I wouldn't call that broken, I'd call that obvious.

Half of my games are great, the other half I get 1 person that ruins the game for everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    The idea is that, if you have a 6-man team, it's expected you're all in voice chat and have some experience playing with each other; you're going to be planning out comps and such from the get-go.

If they don't have a full 6-man team to put you up against at your given rank, they'll tend to put you against higher-ranked solos/duos, since they can assume a bunch of randos thrown together won't have your teamwork.

If they didn't do this, solo-queueing would toss you against players in 6-man teams who were individually as good as you, but you're having to deal with random leavers and throwers and mimes and whatnot. That would feel more unfair.

The system might need some tuning, but the basic idea is fine.

Useless argument. Yes if you have a stack they will have a stack. Let the best team win as designed. If you don’t have a stack neither does your opponent. If your team can suck so can theirs. Let the best team win as designed. If your team can have a thrower so can theirs. If your team can have a smurf so can theirs. It’s more fair than most of you are willing to admit because you only recognize matchmaking issues when they effect you personally but when they work in your favor it was because you carried your team to victory.

One can only perceive the world from their own eyes but one can try to broaden their viewpoint.

I gave up on adding people to my friend's list. The vast majority of gamers are exceptionally flaky and unreliable in my experience.

Sure, you may get lucky from time to time and meet that special someone who just clicks with you on almost every level but that's pretty rare.

I don't have a lot of people in my friendlist (<10 for OW). I only have people whom I enjoyed playing with and who are not stubborn when teamwork is involved.

Jeez, at least 1 person every 3 games always say "oh wow you're gold border, you're going to carry me"...And I always respond with a Stylosa meme. Really, level doesn't matter especially when you, bronze border, could very well be a smurf. -_-
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Thought I will get nice ulti on rein, drop shield to ulti and our ana sleep darts genji and he deflects in on me just as I drop the shield to use earthshatter and the team dies and blames me? Who sleep darted genji deflect? Ana did!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I gave up on adding people to my friend's list. The vast majority of gamers are exceptionally flaky and unreliable in my experience.

Sure, you may get lucky from time to time and meet that special someone who just clicks with you on almost every level but that's pretty rare.
    I only have met one person I have added to my friend list but she is working and doesn't play that often.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried to play comp again today, threw 3 matches before logging off.

if you lock genji and your weapon accuracy is 20%, i don't care how hard you are trying. you are throwing.

I am kinda done just carrying people. it makes no sense to mandate my best performance every game but mandate no minimum from others. Gotten to the point watching OWL is better than playing OW. DPS players are the worst, fucking shittiest players in the game. Comp is the LFR of WoW, the only way forward is guilds or stacks.

There is something wrong with almost all doomfist and junkrat players in this game. If mei ulti or is freezing someone don't use anything that pushes them behind a barrier so they don't die or a around corner or out of the ulti. That seems to be hard to understand for junkrat and doomfist players.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Whats with the hostility, you talking to me or someone else?

I'm maybe just not getting the same experience as you, but my core team manages to average 5 games a night, which is enough to climb, just not massively fast. And thats if we're all on.

I dont like the lack of tools to build a solid team in this game when you're solo queuing, my main issues with the time invested can be solved by grouping constantly but I'd love for there to be more tools to just solo queue your way up without spending hours grinding. Something similar to queueing as tank/healer and knowing you'll have a balanced team instead of 5 mercy mains or 5 dps. I'll give your suggestion a try, but I didnt have much luck grouping with folk in Solo Q last time because they just had good games or whatever.

The primary purpose of a game is to be fun as far as Im aware, and the last time I enjoyed solo queue was season 4, the games going to get more popular and more toxic as times goes on, so some nice considerations beyond more report functions couldnt hurt the game.
    You can’t hear hostility in my posts because it is a text based medium which lacks tone and inflection. Any feelings you hear are entirely placed there by your imagination. I take issue with calling a video game "work". I take issue with calling the things you have to do in a video game "work". I'm not going to assume how you live your life but it is far from work. If you can't put the time and effort into a game to get something then that something isn't really all that important to you. I get that people have lives and more important things to do, like me, I can't put the time in to get a higher rank and naturally I don't care if I get to a higher rank. I only play comp to have fun in comp. I don't tilt and I don't take things personally. I play for fun. If I increase my rank along the way so be it, if I lose a rank so be it. It is what it is.

If you play for fun why do you care what your rank is or how long it takes to increase your rank?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post

Which is why you should not only invite people to your friends list if you think they are good but you should also prune your friends list of anyone who doesn’t live up to expectations which is only a button push or two.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2018-04-26 at 02:48 AM.