Poll: Reforging: Yay or Nay?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Reforging was lit.

But they prefer to dumb down all secondary stats to the ground so that we'll just equip whatever we loot if that's higher than our current item so that's probably not in the near future.

Hell, they don't have any problem with transforming every single Mastery into a second Versatility. Except a few tank/healers Masteries, all of them are literally "increases all your damage by xx%".

Itemization is dead since a long time with Blizzard, they're trying to kill it even further, and I hate them for that (that was always the aspect I loved the most in MMORPGs).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Yes, I'd like it back.

I completely understand the reasons why it was removed. It was annoying to have to reforge everything just because you got one new slot that changed your +hit. It was annoying to need to use a third party addon or site in order to optimise hitting required caps without wasting stats. Things should be fairly intuitive and gear progression should be something the average player who isn't out simming their character's gear can manage. Those things were absolutely real flaws with the past reforging system.

However, literally none of those downsides are relevant anymore. Hit and expertise have been removed, even the way caps/breakpoints work has changed. There are less secondaries. Stats are way more intuitive and sound like they will be even more so in BfA.

Nowadays, reforging would just be a way to make getting a poorly itemised piece of gear a little less disappointing. You're not trying to hit some hard cap, you don't need a bunch of crazy math to figure out (aim for your best secondary) or any kind of third part assistance, and you're not redoing your entire armor set just because you got a new ring. Now you'd just be doing that new ring. Love haste and hate mastery? Great, now you don't have to be sour that your tier shoulders are Mastery/Versatility because you can trade a little of one for the other. Just a nice way to soften the blow a bit and make you feel like every piece of gear in your loot table can be viable.
    /thread

Great summary, there's nothing more to add.

7+ Year Old Account
    YES It's the only major change besides maybe original glyphs that I liked.
    i'd love profession bonus' back too.

Reforging was terrible. Get literally any piece of gear in a raid? Welp, gotta go back to town mid raid, reforge, gem, enchant. Say goodbye to gold, especially if you're raiding and (duh) need repairs. Unsustainable.

It was also just the illusion of tuning/choice. Reforge to stats your RL doesn't like? You get the boot. It was 99% of the time just shuffling stats to fit into a mold because the game was/is so formulaic.

Hard pass, hard no. Never want to see the garbage that was reforging ever again.

If they reintroduce it, give it a couple months and redo this poll. Watch the results flip. People in here are not objectively remembering what reforging was like. Take off your rose-tinted glasses.

Tedious Busy work, pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    More choices is always good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

it was removed because of Hit and Expertise under the pretense that "OH ITS TOO MATHY AND ALL YOU DID WAS MR ROBOT IT". Now they they're LONG gone, there's no reason to not have Reforging.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Pretty telling that even a community such as this wants reforging back. Loot systems are so shite now, reforging would really lessen the blow of getting all that versatility gear. It has to come back already.

Definitely i would love to see reforgeing back.

I would use it now for the mage tower challenge modes so i could get rid of stats that i dont really need and maybe stack stats like Leech for the ones where surviability is a problem.

Blizz has made stats too simplistic now and its time to give us back the stats that we lost like Multistrike and then give us the ability to swap and mix up our stats on our gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Tedious Busy work, pass.
    Oh...you mean like going back into the same dungeon you've already done 3589247594857 times hoping that THIS time you'll actually get the right stats, isn't tedious busy work? Come on now....

I wouldn't mind if the concept came back, only if it was improved. The way the old reforging was implemented didn't offer much, besides being a pit stop. It felt more like Enchanting. Now if we could reforge an entire piece of gear/weapon: reforge "Grand Hammer of the 9000 Kings" -> pick from a pool of cool traits and change certain secondary stats -> "Reforged Grand Hammer of the 9000 Kings," that would be neat. Right now, the concept of reforging does exist through other avenues. If brought back, I would like to see it use profession materials and have a more hands on feel. Maybe if reforging a weapon, we have the option to change the appearance somewhat: tints and additional detail like spikes, more spikes and probably more spikes. Other stuff is adding things like leather bands, adding a fiery logo of a faction, allowing us to have two enchants present, etc.
    Last edited by YouWillAllAnswerToSithis; 2018-04-26 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Oh...you mean like going back into the same dungeon you've already done 3589247594857 times hoping that THIS time you'll actually get the right stats, isn't tedious busy work? Come on now....
    Well one involves playing the game, the other involves going to a city and clicking a button.

Nope.

The only reason for its existence has been long gone plus everyone just used the addon for it anyway so spare us all the "ima theorycrafter btw"

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Well one involves playing the game, the other involves going to a city and clicking a button.
    Here's a concept for you: MAYBE people like different things about playing WoW. WoW is, after all, an RPG. RPGs have stats that people can PLAY around with.

Just because YOU don't like messing with stats doesn't mean that it isn't playing the game, or that it doesn't have value.

Virtually every problem that there was with Reforging is irrelevant in Legion. I'm just going to quote @Tziva again, because it's pretty clear that people like you who don't like Reforging aren't actually thinking about it clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I completely understand the reasons why it was removed. It was annoying to have to reforge everything just because you got one new slot that changed your +hit. It was annoying to need to use a third party addon or site in order to optimise hitting required caps without wasting stats. Things should be fairly intuitive and gear progression should be something the average player who isn't out simming their character's gear can manage. Those things were absolutely real flaws with the past reforging system.

However, literally none of those downsides are relevant anymore. Hit and expertise have been removed, even the way caps/breakpoints work has changed. There are less secondaries. Stats are way more intuitive and sound like they will be even more so in BfA.

Nowadays, reforging would just be a way to make getting a poorly itemised piece of gear a little less disappointing. You're not trying to hit some hard cap, you don't need a bunch of crazy math to figure out (aim for your best secondary) or any kind of third part assistance, and you're not redoing your entire armor set just because you got a new ring. Now you'd just be doing that new ring. Love haste and hate mastery? Great, now you don't have to be sour that your tier shoulders are Mastery/Versatility because you can trade a little of one for the other. Just a nice way to soften the blow a bit and make you feel like every piece of gear in your loot table can be viable.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-04-26 at 09:51 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I’m honestly surprised how many people apparently don’t understand that “it’s stupid and I don’t like it” isn’t a valid argument.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    Reforging was what let you sim less. Now you need to sim because we can't change bad stats into good ones and just nearly always go by ilevel like we could. You're backwards. Without hit and exp especially now, reforging would make simming obsolete in almost all situations.
    Fair point. As long as it can remove the need to sim every single piece of gear, and having a higher ilevel gear always be an improvement. I'm all for that.

I'd love it to come back. Hit/expertise was the only reason that made it annoying at times.

Blizz however will never bring it back as people will spend less time trying to get that piece of gear with the perfect stats.

Deleted
    A big YES!! this was, in my opinion, one of the greatest errors in the customization of the gear of our toons!

Without the hit cap there is no reason to use extreme add-ons to calculate bonuses. My experience is that there is always a Stat that's better for a class than others. So why not let us reforge as much as we like?