Pet Battle Updates in BfA, Solo Queue PvP, Large Battleground Queue, DLC #629

A Witchy Recipe is This Week's Brawl!

Heroes of the Storm Patch Notes - April 24, 2018

OWL - Boston Uprising Dominates Stage 3, Season 9 Ending, Melbourne Mural

Pet Battle Updates in Battle for Azeroth
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Hello!

We're currently hard at work implementing Battle for Azeroth’s pet battle content, and we'd like to start talking about some of the changes you’ll be seeing in the Beta.

Pet Battle World Quests will soon begin showing up on both of the new continents. Similar to Legion, they will count towards your zone’s emissary, but this time around, the level of the pets opposing you will scale to the highest level pet on your team. This will allow a player with a team of only level 1 pets to take on the World Quest and get some battle pet experience. Please give them a shot with pets of all levels, and let us know how that goes for you.

We will be introducing a new currency in Battle for Azeroth that can be used to purchase a variety of things, so there's no need to hold on to those Pet Charms that are burning a hole in your pocket.

Several new pet battle mechanics are coming to Battle for Azeroth. Some of these will appear on enemy pets, and some on yours. A few examples include:
    • A powerful spell that summons a random Weather effect
    • Several additions to suite of Heals that will have increased effects based on your pet’s health
    • Aura effects that heal your pet (or damage the enemy pet) based on the last hit dealt

In addition to new pets and abilities, we’re making a few targeted changes to a few pets and abilities that are seen frequently:
    • Bone serpent: swapped positions of Call Darkness and Lift Off
    • Crow and Gilnean Raven: -200 power, +200 speed
    • Cyclone: damage changed from 7 to 3-7
    • Haunt: returns the pet at 50% health when sacrificed instead of 100%.
    • Teroclaw Hatchling: Dodge and Nature's Ward now occupy the same tier (as do Hawk Eye and Ravage).

Please feel free to let us know how the changes play for you.

Thank you!

will current pet upgrade tokens still work on BFA pets?
    Yes.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    1v1 Queued PvP content
    I think a lot of players, myself included, would really enjoy any system that lets us que for nonrated 1v1 PvP either from the honor tab like you would a skirmish or a place out in the World you could que at something akin to the Brawler's guild but for PvP. You would want to offer a minimal reward for this style of content so players who find it aggravating don't feel compelled to do it.
    You know, we have an unannounced feature that may just be up your alley... (Official Forums)

Large Battleground Queue
    Our thoughts are that queuing for a large battleground like Alterac Valley or Isle of Conquest is opting-in for a different experience than all the other battlegrounds, in the sense of the larger 40 vs 40 scale and the longer duration time. That's the main motivator for moving them to a separate queue.

While we have no immediate plans to change the gameplay of AV or IoC, its not out of the realm of possibility. Certainly with them being in their own queue gives us the opportunity to tweak them separately. We also would like to re-introduce other larger scale maps from the past into the playlist over time. (Official Forums)

WoW Arena World Championships: Summer Season 2018 Reveal
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The first Cup of the AWC Summer Season 2018 is on its way, and signups are now open. We’re looking for you to show us your cunning strategies and hunger to win. Click here to sign up!

Whether you’re competing or curious about the competition, you can read about the rules and prizes in the Battlefy links below. Get involved!

About the Tournaments
    • Events occur in 3v3 Arena tournaments, now taking place on tournament realms!
    • Anyone can sign up, and no Arena rating is required!
    • Team rosters can have up to four players, but teams can also sign-up with three.
    • Each online Cup has a $10,000 Prize Pool, and there are AWC points up for grabs.
    • Top point earners from North America and Europe will be invited to compete at the Summer Finals in July for their share of $100,000!
    • Tournament Mode is required; all gear is normalized, and Honor talents and Artifact Power are maximized.

Summer Schedule

Click here to review the 2018 Arena World Championship official rules

For more info on the AWC, community tournament opportunities, broadcast schedule, Summer point standings, and WoW esports articles – head on over to the worldofwarcraft.com/esports.

Dark Legacy Comics #629
    DLC #629 has been released!

Last edited by chaud; 2018-04-26 at 12:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another day, another failed DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    • Teroclaw Hatchling: Dodge and Nature's Ward now occupy the same tier (as do Hawk Eye and Ravage).
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

RIP Teroclaw.

I'd actually like a ranked Solo queue for Rated Battlegrounds. I really think something like this should be in the game. 1 tank 2-3 healers required and rest dps, i don't see why this can't be done using matchmaking.

Just like LFR, ilvl requirement + number of won BG requirement too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nerfing those OP pets makes me happy. So annoying seeing one if not all of them in every single team. Death adder blind needs a nerf next too. Or just make death adders slow. I do hope haunt doesn't ALWAYS bring you to 50% though, that could be just as broken.

Deleted
    People blacklist av and ic not because they are larger or take long to finish... It's because it's a guaranteed lose for some factions...

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    RIP Teroclaw.
    That makes me sad.

Also:

"so there's no need to hold on to those Pet Charms that are burning a hole in your pocket."

And here I was saving them to buy new fun things, but I guess that's why - people have thousands of them. Hopefully they won't ruin/destroy the old vendors. Burn them all on battle-stones just in case...?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Battle for... WINTERGRASP?!?!?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobokke View Post
    People blacklist av and ic not because they are larger or take long to finish... It's because it's a guaranteed lose for some factions...
    Well considering the Horde will probably never que for this chunk, can we dump silver shard mines, Strand, and Eye of the storm into another group that I can avoid as well? Will be funny to see the the W/L rate ends up at considering these are the 2 Ally did well in.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Well considering the Horde will probably never que for this chunk, can we dump silver shard mines, Strand, and Eye of the storm into another group that I can avoid as well? Will be funny to see the the W/L rate ends up at considering these are the 2 Ally did well in.
    Oddly enough, for several years up until a couple weeks ago, I'd gone without getting an IOC win since, gods, YEARS ago. I've been sitting on 81 victories (and veteran being all that stands between me and Master of IOC) for years and FINALLY I managed to get it to 82. lol =/

Frankly, I just wish the BGs were all balanced better, apparently that's too much to ask for.

Just give me a scaled Wintergrasp, FFS.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water