Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Does WW Monk get better later on?

Hey.

Been lvling a WW monk for a few lvls now (currently 24) and the wait time for energy to use Tiger palm is so long.. it feels like the downtime is ages..

Does this get better later on or is WW monk this slow even at high level?

Yes very much, most classes are nothing like they were when you level them to max. Monks are no exception!

I was leveling a void elf monk a few weeks back, at low level they are tedious to play.

Monks are very fun and rewarding at 110, especially with the 4 set bonuses.

Also 100-110 is a breeze with the artifact ability.

Lvl 45 is ur combo point and energy tier. That will help smooth things out. Ww has one of the most enjoyable rotations at 110 imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Now that you are over level 22 (where Blackout Kick only costs 1 chi), it should be okay-ish now. If you have not, I would suggest selecting Chi Wave, which should help with the rotation from not feeling sluggish. Use Chi Wave when you are low on energy. Fists of Fury will help as well since that is about 4 seconds of energy regen while you are doing damage (~40 energy built up at the end)
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2018-03-24 at 02:29 PM.

Unfortunately Blizzard still things it's acceptable to gate QoL rotation changes behind levels, rare gear, and stats. Windwalkers are fun, and if Alpha feedback is to believed, WW stay fun in BfA.

Once you get to Power Strikes, then Power Strikes Jab > Fists of Fury and later Storm, Earth, and Fire > Power Strikes Jab > Fists of Fury on an entire pack is one of the most entertaining things in WoW right now.

WW is great to level, you have healing orbs which you can walk over mid fight if you get low HP vs a pack of mobs, you have Leg Sweep and later Healing Elixirs and Touch of Karma. These abilities all let you pull large packs of mobs and deal with incoming damage while you obliterate them with the combo mentioned above.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    to gate QoL rotation changes behind levels, rare gear, and stats.
    Hopefully it will get better at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hopefully it will get better at some point.
    WW plays completely different at lvl110 and only at around lvl80-90 it starts to somewhat feel like it's supposed to.

Though tbh, that's the case for like 90% of all specs = they play like shit and feel unfinished until at least lvl100.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just level as mistweaver for the low levels. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    WW plays completely different at lvl110 and only at around lvl80-90 it starts to somewhat feel like it's supposed to.

Though tbh, that's the case for like 90% of all specs = they play like shit and feel unfinished until at least lvl100.
    This ^

Once you have the artifact ability and WDP combined with mastery it feels really smooth.

Every class gets better as you level. IF you're asking if its going to outclass the other dps classes depends.

There are very few small windows of wait time at higher levels, I made a low level WW alt a little while ago and it plays like SLUDGE in comparison.

Trust, it gets better, much better at higher levels.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey.

Been lvling a WW monk for a few lvls now (currently 24) and the wait time for energy to use Tiger palm is so long.. it feels like the downtime is ages..

Does this get better later on or is WW monk this slow even at high level?
    Curious, but don't you use heirlooms? I'm pretty much destroying everything as Monk, currently level 67 and shit is still dying fast. A lot faster than most classes I've leveled since 7.3.5 at least. Chi Wave+TP+RSK usually kills mobs. Especially at 24.

AoE is even more stupid with Leg Sweep + FoF (throw in Earth, Wind and Fire if needed).
    Last edited by Jngizu; 2018-04-21 at 12:25 AM.

I'm 80 now. Full heirlooms. From the moment I got Fists of Fury, I go out of my way to pull at least 2-3 mobs at the same time. No point in pulling less.
    Quick note: FoF just doesn't work well underwater.

In dungeons, I'm top DPS by a wide margin on all trash fights and by a smaller margin on boss fights.
    I also recommend practicing combo strikes long before level 78, as well as practicing multiple mob targeting for Mark of the Crane.

I'd say, realistically, WW monk has a high skill cap if you want to play it perfectly, as there's no buttons you can spam and get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Parhelion View Post
    I'm 80 now. Full heirlooms. From the moment I got Fists of Fury, I go out of my way to pull at least 2-3 mobs at the same time. No point in pulling less.
    Quick note: FoF just doesn't work well underwater.

In dungeons, I'm top DPS by a wide margin on all trash fights and by a smaller margin on boss fights.
    I also recommend practicing combo strikes long before level 78, as well as practicing multiple mob targeting for Mark of the Crane.

I'd say, realistically, WW monk has a high skill cap if you want to play it perfectly, as there's no buttons you can spam and get away with it.
    You should pull a lot more. Especially after getting Leg Sweep. It's pretty ridiculous how fast WW kills stuff compared to other classes. And how healthy you are with the orbs.

The skillcap is probably one of the highest currently, although people look at MDI and are "LOL OP Monks". When they forget that you need to play them really well to pull that kind of damage. The good thing is that their damage is not too reliant on gear, and even if you mess up, you'll do okay. Which is why I think so many people think they are easy to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    ww monk is actually really, really good for leveling. Just leveled one and it didn't feel slow or tedious at all. On the contrary, I'm now leveling a Paladin and it feels indefinitely slower than my ww monk did. Now that you have Blackout Kick rank 3 (brings it down to one chi), you shouldn't ever use RSK again until Level 36 when you get rank 2 for that. Buy some agi/attack power consumables and watch your damage go through the roof. Afterlife also completely eliminates any downtime and lets you pull huge packs (as another poster said) without dying since you can just eat orbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    You should pull a lot more. Especially after getting Leg Sweep. It's pretty ridiculous how fast WW kills stuff compared to other classes. And how healthy you are with the orbs.
    You misunderstand... in some zones it's hard to pull more than 3-4 mobs in a 40-yard radius, because there aren't any )

WW is one of the best dps'ers in the game right now. So the answer is yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    WW is like the top dps spec right now dude.

in low level all classes are weak have patience

WW monk is best spec when leveling, keep going!