Thread: Legendaries

15+ Year Old Account

Legendaries

What if they add new legendaries that are super rare items, (rating: 1 every 500 players)
    Last only 7 (real) days and are burned out.
    Random find anywhere.
    No bad luck protection.

They become a temporary power boost/gameplay change.

If you can't see why this is a shitty idea i don't know what to tell you.

A random legendary that gives a bosot only for 7 days for a random people.

2008 meme called back:

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    If you can't see why this is a shitty idea i don't know what to tell you.
    Just quoting it for truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eeee? This sounds like crap. Legendaries yes sure but as a reward for crazy chain q ofc or hard to find/get materials like in vanilla.

Yup, sorry bruh, kudos for trying but this is - indeed - a shitty idea. And here's my reasons why

- For the individual: It would feel crap waiting (perhaps indefinitely) for a boost to power and playstyle, that may never come. Actually getting it would see you enjoy 7 days before being depressed that you've now gone from cool-fun-boosted-gameplay to baseline. Having something fun given and then taken away is not a solid idea.

- For the pve scene: Oh boy... Having random boosts of power occur at potentially critical moments in the race securing one guild the lead over others simply out of nothing but pure randomness seems like a bad idea too (you could with some twisted logic argue that legendaries in Legion were not so random once you put in extreme amounts of grinding, like we saw with top 10 guilds)

Deleted
    That's not a legendary, this is some kind of temporary blessing.

Deleted
    No. If anything make them last boss drops or quest. None of these "fancy" ideas.

Why would they do this?

So you want a system that is even worse than what we currently have? Gotcha.

The legendary system I would like to see return is the ICC Shadowmourne one. Where you had to do some special shit in boss fights to complete the quests.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    What if they add new legendaries that are super rare items, (rating: 1 every 500 players)
    Random find anywhere.
    No bad luck protection.

Adding game features should be based on a need and/or to achieve some outcome.

It was pretty clear what that was for the legiondaries (even if some people disagreed with the system), but for your ideas I just don't see it. Why would we want such a system? What problem will it solve, or what need will it address?

7+ Year Old Account
    Random find anywhere.
    No bad luck protection.

That sounds really terrible. Are gonna make people feel forced to play during that time to a ludecress degree.

Furthermore, this would just destroy the Mythic race, since luck will suddenly rise in importance.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Random find anywhere.
    No bad luck protection.

Sounds like a bad idea and aren't really items but consumables. So, that would be as great as a legendary healing potion.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    The legendary system I would like to see return is the ICC Shadowmourne one. Where you had to do some special shit in boss fights to complete the quests.
    There was a lot to be liked about that kind of legendary, but it also had its own shortcomings.

What it addressed well was creating a group objective for guilds to work towards. Where it fell short was that it excluded a lot of people from the awesome questline and also placed the guild reward in the hands of individuals who were under no obligation to remain in the guild (thus screwing over the guild in the process).

Artifact weapons did a good job of including everyone in the process of acquiring an awesome weapon and building it up over time, culminating in the Mage Tower quest. What it lacked though was the idea of guilds working towards something.

I loved the classic model of legos where they came from an early raid that could be grinded the whole expansion and it got easier as the expansion went on. RNG played a role but effort had to be there.

In WotLK this got revved up and I was ok with it. Cata it was more the same. These 2 models are middle ground to me. I feel they took effort, skill, and RNG played a role. The down side was if you weren't in a top tier guild and won it you suddenly had a ticket to the show if you so felt like it. A lot of people felt like it too.

MoP forward kinda turned it all to garbage everyone got it and it's now require poo.

I have a better idea - each 120 character's attack (any attack, from melee swing to casts) has a 0.0001% chance to completely oneshot the enemy. No ICD either!

10+ Year Old Account
    Legendaries are a great idea. This iteration? Not so much. I like the idea of a single, class specific legendary for each class (in a different item slot for each class), requiring a MoP like multi part quest chain, culminating in the pay off at the beginning of the last content patch, thus ensuring enough usage during the life span of the expansion to feel useful, but providing utility rather than raw output power. Something like an extra charge of X, increased duration of Y, or reduced CD of Z, along with the larger stat budget suitable for the legendary item.

Imo Legendaries should only be visual candies, transmoggable and in no way connected to player power...

What you suggest is worse than having WoD 2...

Madness will consume you!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay fair enough it wasn't thought out perfectly. And i get why you don't like it. Maybe what i wanted to say is: i miss those old vanila epic items, say Black Skull Shield... It didnt really matter if you had one but when you did it was super cool. Kinda missing that YES! I GOT AN EPIC-moment in current state of WoW.

I thought making them super super super rare drops (aka ungrindable) and temporary would fix the: You must have "item" or you can't play/raid with us. Then it would still be super cool if you got one! Even if you Guildmate recieved one and he brings it with him/her to the raid/mythic dungeon you still benefit.

You guys happy with the current system where you get your 10th legendary, and its not the one you wanted?? The WotLK wasn't bad, still limited to PvE Raiding only. With Mythic+ and the upcomming Expeditions (also comming with a Mythix+ optiion? (not sure)) that doesn't seem really fair.
    Also i really hate the do this long boring questline and get one for free..

What kind of system would you like, if any?

I'd prefer they just let us keep our legendary weapons and keep leveling them in future expansions. Once you opened the floodgates, no sense in closing them back up.

They need to go back to the MoP/WoD style. An epic quest chain where you build up the power of the item until it reaches legendary status. But instead of "farm these bosses until your fingers bleed" combine the Mage Tower difficulty with the quest chain. Eventually everyone can get the legendary, but only those who are good enough will get it sooner.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.