Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    New Moon spells are a talent now btw. Also the moon spells suck, and so does astral power. BC was the best expansion for Balance. Give me back insect swarm, humanoid caster form (w/o the stars bullcrap), and a fun rotation.
    Moonkin was added in Vanilla, BC rotation was even more monotonous than BfA and we still struggled with Mana back then. I'm not sure what you're talking about.
    Eclipse didn't really become good until the shared CD was removed, which IIRC happened only with Wrath.

Not on beta or I would post this in the official forums.

NB should be baked into empowerments. Spices up the rotation a little so you can prioritize either cast depending on the dot that is running low on time. But also limits how long they can be up since you won't always have empowered abilities to cast. Replace that crappy talent with OI or ED.

Moonmoon needs to be baked in spell and not a talent. Have its recharge reduced too. Then change that talent to, once again, OI or ED. Or maybe another AOE lego like LnC or the cloak.

I have no suggestions for Stellar Flare as I barely used it when I had to dps. It just never seemed like a good talent to take. Especially since it cost astral power and that AP could be better used to cast SF or SS.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Moonkin was added in Vanilla, BC rotation was even more monotonous than BfA and we still struggled with Mana back then. I'm not sure what you're talking about.
    Balance / Resto hybrid spec in BC was the best. I didn't even take the Moonkin form talent. PVP was especially OP with that hybrid setup.

Eclipse didn't really become good until the shared CD was removed, which IIRC happened only with Wrath.
    I remember really liking moonkin in WotLK, maybe it was because I felt more competitive and not necessarily the version of eclipse. BC rotation was quite boring, and Eclipse didn't become unbearable until it became the metronome.

Quote Originally Posted by Argenon View Post
    I remember really liking moonkin in WotLK, maybe it was because I felt more competitive and not necessarily the version of eclipse. BC rotation was quite boring, and Eclipse didn't become unbearable until it became the metronome.
    Na I played Boomkin in Karzan in WotLK and I did just fine, I led the charts mainly till I went OOM. Still once geared WotLK was really good for Boomkin.

BFA the spec is ass IMO, it's real 2004 rotation spec, wtf? Even worse my damage is so low compared to every other class ive tried. I would say Boomkin damage is just about 1/2 the dps of Rogues and shaman. I know "It's beta and they havent balanced yet blah balh", stiill, It's so boring right now, they have to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    Na I played Boomkin in Karzan in WotLK and I did just fine, I led the charts mainly till I went OOM. Still once geared WotLK was really good for Boomkin.

BFA the spec is ass IMO, it's real 2004 rotation spec, wtf? Even worse my damage is so low compared to every other class ive tried. I would say Boomkin damage is just about 1/2 the dps of Rogues and shaman. I know "It's beta and they havent balanced yet blah balh", stiill, It's so boring right now, they have to do something.
    Tuning never happens until the very tail end of the testing phase. Lack of engagement in the rotation is a very real issue, though, and i'm rather concerned we only got so little changes so late.

What did you do in Karazhan during WotLK, though? That was a BC raid and we only recently went there again.

Tuning never happens until the very tail end of the testing phase. Lack of engagement in the rotation is a very real issue, though, and i'm rather concerned we only got so little changes so late.

What did you do in Karazhan during WotLK, though? That was a BC raid and we only recently went there again.
    LoL Ya I meant Naxx LoL. I don't know what I was thinking when I said Karzahan. I played feral bear in BC.

Current Balance rotation is abysmally boring and lacks any real form of engagement. I would very much like to see the inclusion of OI in the spec as a baseline passive, so that at least Balance has some level of reactionary and preemptive play, where you can either react to a proc and use it straight away, or save it for movement or further in the fight. With the way that the rotation is now, Balance will have no variability or interesting mechanics.

Here's hoping that Blizzard have something large in the works in their private dev builds that will change things for the better.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Deleted
    I posted my opinion on the current alpha rotation/talents and my suggestion for fixing it, please do give it a comment to bring some more attention to it the issues we have!
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20763196128

bonus video I made for fun for those of you that might not have beta:
    https://youtu.be/VkXK94WLB3Q

Should have chosen Renewal over Wild Charge for extra salt.

And Ion has the nerve to tell people that complaining about pruning is not useful feedback.

Almost every spec but demonology warlock and hunters feels like a pale shadow of its Legion version. This is the worst pruning in the game's history and people don't seem to realize it.

Gaining absolutely nothing over the leveling process. No new talent row. Actually losing talents to regain artifact traits/abilities. No abilities gained.

I understand if they don't want to add new stuff, but they least they could have done was to not remove what we already have that was so integral to the specs.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2018-04-29 at 01:33 PM.

The messaging that specs were "done" in the blue post while also scoffing at questions during the Q&A pointing out that almost every spec on the Beta feels hollow was a really poor move by their design team. They're more or less saying "just trust us guys, we'll make them play well" despite a track record of horribly unbalanced legendaries and some specs that went live in Legion with huge play style issues (Frost DK, Aff Lock come to mind). It would have been much better for their team to write up a blog post for each spec to outline what they want it to play like in BFA instead of putting out half-baked iterations and asking players to trust a team that thought it was okay to put out legendaries like 7.0 EDC and 7.0 Prydaz and call it balanced.

Azerite Armor won't come even close to fixing the gap of ripping out the artifact ability+traits on top of the legendaries.

Some of the Azerite Armor traits are even recycled across classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Azerite Armor won't come even close to fixing the gap of ripping out the artifact ability+traits on top of the legendaries.

Some of the Azerite Armor traits are even recycled across classes.
    I agree with this 100% I was hoping so much that Azerite traits would be dynamic and allow for meaningful decisions that influence gameplay, like legendaries; however what we're left with is boring passive shitty flat damage increases to abilities. Can't believe Blizzard thought that these traits would be a sufficient replacement for the current traits/legendary/artifact weapon system.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Quote Originally Posted by Glyphtics View Post
    I agree with this 100% I was hoping so much that Azerite traits would be dynamic and allow for meaningful decisions that influence gameplay, like legendaries; however what we're left with is boring passive shitty flat damage increases to abilities. Can't believe Blizzard thought that these traits would be a sufficient replacement for the current traits/legendary/artifact weapon system.
    Those traits are shitty because this is low level shitty gear. The bonuses will be gameplay changing once you get better gear.

No. Its a talent in BETA today. Tomorrow...who knows until live.

New build, brings new glyphs, neat, buuuuuuuut no new changes to Balance or most of Druid really.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I hope the US side is at least making a big fuss on their side? The EU forums are very dead, few posts and not many are upvoting the good posts either, so Blizz probs thinks 'nah no one likes these ideas or shares their concerns lmao' anyway. Because Balance is in such a poor state in BfA, it feels like the GCD change is affecting Balance even more than Feral. Balance is so slow and sluggish to begin with, I almost feel this sense of disgust to play it - I don't want to play it at all or I might vomit. I should NEVER have that feeling playing a class!

I noticed the Azerite trait that says "casting Solar Wrath increases the dmg of your next Starsurge by x". What do you think of that? I find it a bit boring although that's to be expected!

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    I hope the US side is at least making a big fuss on their side? The EU forums are very dead, few posts and not many are upvoting the good posts either, so Blizz probs thinks 'nah no one likes these ideas or shares their concerns lmao' anyway. Because Balance is in such a poor state in BfA, it feels like the GCD change is affecting Balance even more than Feral. Balance is so slow and sluggish to begin with, I almost feel this sense of disgust to play it - I don't want to play it at all or I might vomit. I should NEVER have that feeling playing a class!
    Rest assured that Druids on the US side are raising concerns and getting blue posts...about how someone in your instance group riding your travel form without your consent means you're qualified to join the #MeToo movement.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2018-05-01 at 11:05 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    I posted my opinion on the current alpha rotation/talents and my suggestion for fixing it, please do give it a comment to bring some more attention to it the issues we have!
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20763196128

bonus video I made for fun for those of you that might not have beta:
    https://youtu.be/VkXK94WLB3Q
    Unfortunately I don't have a US account to can't comment on the thread. Useful observations and suggestions -I hope they are taken on board! Video is hilarious if somewhat frightening.

#makemoonkinsgreatagain