Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Zip zop timeity wimeity bop to the jail house I go jello!
    I have to give you credit, that made me laugh three different times when I read it.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    If a mass of people was enough to prove something true, then the flat earth idea might be more than a joke these days. >.>
    How about a court conviction? That do it for you?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    So sexual predators are good role models for young men?
    Who said he's a role model? Nobody here is claiming he should be a role model. Even as a child I didn't watch entertainment because I thought the actors were "role models". I watched them because I found them entertaining and/or funny. My mind can separate fiction from reality, and characters from actors.

There's a trope for this crap. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...HitlerAteSugar

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    I fully agree with you. I don't have any kids and never will...but if I did, I would have ZERO issue with them watching the old Cosby comedy I grew up with. Zero issue at all. Would I tell them that he wasn't a very nice guy in his private life? Sure. I would want them to understand the difference between a character on screen and the actor that portrays them. But would I tell them they weren't allowed to watch his comedy or shows he acted in? Hell no, that's asinine.
    i'm not even just talking about his shows, really.

he'd go around talking to young men. basically trying to be an example and set them on the right path. talking proper english, wearing your pants right, not falling in with bad crowds, that kind of thing.

that all shouldn't be dismissed because of this, and sadly i think it will be.

Free Bill Cosby.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

I fully agree with you. I don't have any kids and never will...but if I did, I would have ZERO issue with them watching the old Cosby comedy I grew up with. Zero issue at all. Would I tell them that he wasn't a very nice guy in his private life? Sure. I would want them to understand the difference between a character on screen and the actor that portrays them. But would I tell them they weren't allowed to watch his comedy or shows he acted in? Hell no, that's asinine.
    So you are okay with giving him money. Actors get paid for re-runs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

he'd go around talking to young men. basically trying to be an example and set them on the right path. talking proper english, wearing your pants right, not falling in with bad crowds, that kind of thing.

I agree. That's a good message, regardless of who it comes from.

Probably while checking out the mothers looking for his next victim.

You know, there are plenty of people that go around doing that exact same thing that don't also rape women.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Who said he's a role model? Even as a child I didn't watch entertainment because I thought the actors were "role models". I watched them because I found them entertaining and/or funny. My mind can separate fiction from reality, and characters from actors.
    Derp was saying that he was - that's who I was responding to. However, Derp is correct - Cosby was a role model for young men, maybe not you, but others. I'm not really arguing with you, btw, just pointing out. I mean, he played America's Dad for a number of years. And it was very good. I watched it - and there were legit family lessons on those shows.

Now, of course, that all has to be taken down. Which is sad - but we didn't make him a sexual predator - he did.

I agree. That's a good message, regardless of who it comes from.
    It doesn't have a lot of credibility when it comes from a sexual predator. Kind of a "Do as I say, not as I do" situation.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

So Sexual Predators and convicted Sex Offenders should be continued role models? Are you even from this planet?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    It doesn't have a lot of credibility when it comes from a sexual predator. Kind of a "Do as I say, not as I do" situation.
    So separate the message from the person. It's still a good message. That message can (and should be) promoted by other people. Once again...http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...HitlerAteSugar

I don't have any issue separating a message from a person.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Exactly - and that's just the tip of the iceberg as to why all of what Cosby has done that was good has to "come down" (not sure how that will/would happen, just speaking metaphorically).

So Sexual Predators and convicted Sex Offenders should be continued role models? Are you even from this planet?
    you separate who they were, with who they were revealed to be.

you look at things in the multifaceted way they are, not the black and white way you think in.

How about a court conviction? That do it for you?
    yes, as opposed to a mass of people with hearsay and rumors. Conviction and evidence is much better proof.

5+ Year Old Account
    I agree. I still enjoy his old comedy shows. It's like not watching your favorite movie anymore because one of the actors committed a crime. I just see his comedy as acting. Just because the actor turned out to not be such a nice person doesn't change my views on the character.

Say, hypothetically speaking, Brad Pitt committed a crime and went to jail. Does that mean you should never watch Fight Club again?
    Like Kevin Spacey. I'm still going to love the everloving shit out of House of Cards.

that's one of the main reasons i feel that it's possibly false.

so many just coming out of the woodwork, it feels like a pile on to try to topple a giant.

for the past year and half or more, i've watched these pile on attacks on people, who get booted from their jobs and all other manner of shit just from accusations. i don't trust any of it anymore. it feels like it's being done to control people.
    I see it differently, Cosby is very likely guilty.The effect you're describing is similar to how when an old lady drops her groceries a lot of people stand around and look for a second, and then when someone goes to pick up her stuff loads of people gather around and try to help too. There's a psychological barrier to being the first to step forward.

Deleted
    I don't believe he's guilty for a second.

I got a few words for Bill Cosby. STOP STEALING MY MOVES