Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    According to The Washington Post and other news outlets Ronny Jackson has withdrawn his nomination.

Ronny Jackson withdraws as Trump’s nominee to lead Veterans Affairs
    And this administrations complete and utter lack of vetting for their nominees blows up in their face again. I think this is around the 25th nominee that they've had withdraw after shit that should have been caught during a routine vetting process came out in public before/during the confirmation hearings.

You'd figure that they'd have taken the hint and figured this shit out by now, but I guess they just don't give any fucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reverse midas touch strikes again!

How many of people could have buried their secrets had they not hopped about the Trump train?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I think it's cute that you are claiming, essentially, "fake news" on multiple, independent, and corroborated stories on this guys behavior - and more than one behavior problem, too. Who the fuck knows why we're just hearing about it now. Does it matter? It's obvious the man has problems - whether they were well hidden earlier and are just now coming out because of all the pressure he's under or that the [deep state) press just hid all the stories - ALL OF THEM - until now.

Which choice to think is more likely?
    It is cute isnt it. This is exactly why people have no trust in our government. We have, according to many in government, a man who has alcohol issues and mishandled prescription drugs yet was never fired by 3 administrations. In fact given a glowing recommendation to be promoted. Shouldnt this be a cause for alarm?

And it's adorable that you think there are only two choices in this solution set. People like you are seriously why Trump continues to get away with all his BS. Every. Single. Day.

If you were an employer and had an employee with alcohol problems, and passing out prescription drugs to the rest of your staff you wouldnt fire that person? Would you give that employee a glowing review and request them for promotion? I am betting you wouldnt. Just a rhetorical question because you wont answer it anyways. What other choice would you have?

#deplorable45
    While I agree, I dont really understand what anyone is supposed to do with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Whataboutism. Stay on topic. This is about Trump pushing someone to a spot they're not qualified for, right now, when we have all this public evidence against him, right now. Feel free to make a separate thread about all the public info known in 2016, but, good luck with that.
    Its not Whataboutism, the charges against Jackson happened while he served under Obama. Why wasnt he fired by Obama?

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That doesn’t make sense... the reason it wasn’t questioned under Obama or Bush or Trump, is the same... because he was never placed in a position that resulted in the amount of scrutiny, that appointing him to head the VA brings up. I don’t understand why this isn’t obvious, not why of the three presidents, you are talking about the one who didn’t hire him nor the one who tried to promote him... you are focusing on the one who did the same as all 3... bizarre...
    I dont know what the guy did under his term with Bush. The events I heard are events that happend under Obama. If you find events that happened under Bush, then I will ask the same questions, why did Bush keep him on staff, why did Obama keep him on staff and yes, why was he kept on Trumps staff. Is it possible that he was horrible on Bush's term? Yes? Was that communicated to the Obama staff? Same with Obama

Yes, and Obama didn’t appoint him, nor hire him... you know why people like Trump get away with it? People like you... of the people who hired him and promoted him, your issue is with Obama, who had him on the staff as just a White House doctor, just like the guy who hired him and the guy who tried to promote him...
    Wait, so since Obama didnt hire Jackson, Obama cant fire him?

Hey, did Obama ever have this doctor release records saying he was growing into a slimmer version of Chris Long, since he grew an inch to be the same height and is actually around 30 pounds lighter?
    No, because apparently instead of lying for the President, he was too busy getting drunk or passing out pills. Which I guess isnt a fireable offense in government?

There were 3 people who had him as the White House doctor... Obama is the only one who neither hired or tried to promote the guy... guess which of the 3 is the problem? Loony toons... one of them is the acting president...
    Obama recommended Jackson for promotion, so there is that. Regardless, neither of the three people had this guy fired which says alot about the people running our country.
    Last edited by petej0; 2018-04-26 at 06:28 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    If you were an employer and had an employee with alcohol problems, and passing out prescription drugs to the rest of your staff you wouldnt fire that person? Would you give that employee a glowing review and request them for promotion? I am betting you wouldnt. Just a rhetorical question because you wont answer it anyways. What other choice would you have?
    And you STILL don't see that there is more than your offered solutions to this question. You can't even get it through your hand-waving whataboutisms skull that maybe they didn't know about it. You offer only two answers when the question is open ended.

Now let's see if you'll answer the question?

And you STILL don't see that there is more than your offered solutions to this question. You can't even get it through your hand-waving whataboutisms skull that maybe they didn't know about it. You offer only two answers when the question is open ended.

Now let's see if you'll answer the question?
    Maybe they didnt know about it? Seriously? So he was known as "The Candy Man" in the White House, but apparently nobody felt reporting the actions of "The Candy Man" to the President was important?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they didnt know about it? Seriously? So he was known as "The Candy Man" in the White House, but apparently nobody felt reporting the actions of "The Candy Man" to the President was important?
    Well yeah... telling people about the Candyman is a sure fire way to have him pull you into the mirror.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Well yeah... telling people about the Candyman is a sure fire way to have him pull you into the mirror.
    Only if you are in a darkroom (I think).

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Apparently not. I can't attest to people's motivations. But you're trying to say these things didn't happen. They did - from multiple, independent sources. And there are a variety of charges - this isn't even about one person with multiple sexual assault charges coming from a variety of people. This is drinking on the job, prescription writing/managing issues, driving drunk, and being a shitty boss.

It happened. You're questioning the voracity of the claims, based on the timing, not their truthfulness. Which is why we're arguing with you - trying to point out that it doesn't matter.

Trump put him this mental drama case up for a Cabinet Secretary post. You get all your closets opened at that point. Period. Maybe it didn't matter when he was the President's Physician - I mean, how fucking hard is that job? Secretary of the VA? Pretty damn hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Only if you are in a darkroom (I think).
    I never saw the movie, but I wish I had - just to get the reference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not Whataboutism, the charges against Jackson happened while he served under Obama. .
    Well someone doesn't know what Whataboutism is.

Also, still trying to drag this off-topic, huh? Obama can't fire him now. Trump can. Stay on topic: this is about the current situation.

Apparently not. I can't attest to people's motivations. But you're trying to say these things didn't happen. They did - from multiple, independent sources. And there are a variety of charges - this isn't even about one person with multiple sexual assault charges coming from a variety of people. This is drinking on the job, prescription writing/managing issues, driving drunk, and being a shitty boss.
    I am not saying they didnt happen, but if they did and they are only being brought to the medias attention now, it would seems like it was being covered up or maybe nobody cared to make a story out of it. Until now. I believe the claims, how could you make them up. I just question if he was such a bad person why he wouldnt be fired? Who would put up with that kind of behavior especially when the Right Wing is looking for the tiniest shit to slam your administration.

It happened. You're questioning the voracity of the claims, based on the timing, not their truthfulness. Which is why we're arguing with you - trying to point out that it doesn't matter.
    You're right it doesnt matter if all you want to focus on is the here and now. Except to the fact that we have how many more of these types of people working in Government being ineffectual at their jobs?

Trump put him this mental drama case up for a Cabinet Secretary post. You get all your closets opened at that point. Period. Maybe it didn't matter when he was the President's Physician - I mean, how fucking hard is that job? Secretary of the VA? Pretty damn hard.
    I dont know how hard it is, but you would think as a President, you would want your physician to not be an alcoholic and pushing pills on other people.

I never saw the movie, but I wish I had - just to get the reference.
    I seen them when they first came out, so I get the reference, just not sure what causes the candy man to come. I thought it was saying his name 5 times in a mirror in a dark room.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Well someone doesn't know what Whataboutism is.

Also, still trying to drag this off-topic, huh? Obama can't fire him now. Trump can. Stay on topic: this is about the current situation.
    No, if anything its a Howcomeism... More like how did Jackson get so far with the behavior he has displayed. Not what about Obama.

So he was a doctor during Obama, so it's Obamas fault that Trump nominated him?

I love when people pull obvious talking points straight from the mouths of political pundits.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    So he was a doctor during Obama, so it's Obamas fault that Trump nominated him?
    No, more like Trump nominated him. He is unfit for the nomination because of Issue A & Issue B, that happened while he was a White House physician for Obama. The next logical question why was he not fired by the Previous Administration for Issue A & Issue B? And what kind of crap is going on in Government that Issue A & Issue B is tolerated.
    Last edited by petej0; 2018-04-26 at 07:28 PM.

No, more like Trump nominated him. He is unfit for the nomination because of Issue A & Issue B, that happened while he was a White House physician for Obama. The next logical question why was he not fired by the Previous Administration for Issue A & Issue B?
    Don't know, does that justify the nomination?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Don't know, does that justify the nomination?
    I keep rereading my post, I dont see anywhere that mentions I think the nomination is justified.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I am not saying they didnt happen, but if they did and they are only being brought to the medias attention now, it would seems like it was being covered up or maybe nobody cared to make a story out of it. Until now. I believe the claims, how could you make them up. I just question if he was such a bad person why he wouldnt be fired? Who would put up with that kind of behavior especially when the Right Wing is looking for the tiniest shit to slam your administration.
    But you are questioning if they did happen. Even in what you say above - "but if they did". And that's what I was arguing about - they did happen. Period. Why coming out now? Who knows - pick any one of a hundred reasons. It's D.C. - shit happens.

But there is no question this guy did what he's accused of doing.

I dont know how hard it is, but you would think as a President, you would want your physician to not be an alcoholic and pushing pills on other people.
    I can't really disagree - but it also doesn't really matter, does it? This is NOW we're talking about. Can't say that it would really matter - the President's Physician does absolutely nothing. It's a bogus assignment - might even be where they put people they want retired out.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, if anything its a Howcomeism... More like how did Jackson get so far with the behavior he has displayed. Not what about Obama.
    Then you would be questioning Trump or Bush, instead of Obama. Because he didn’t rise to any position under Obama... again... Wtf?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I keep rereading my post, I dont see anywhere that mentions I think the nomination is justified.
    It's a thread about his nomination. People promptly brought up Obama, yea that is fucked up. I have no clue why he wasn't fired. But bringing in Obama serves exactly one purpose. Shifting blame.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yet another reason to investigate the Obama administration.
    /s

But you are questioning if they did happen. Even in what you say above - "but if they did". And that's what I was arguing about - they did happen. Period. Why coming out now? Who knows - pick any one of a hundred reasons. It's D.C. - shit happens.

But there is no question this guy did what he's accused of doing.
    I can see where it would look like I was questioning the claims, I am not really questioning the claims. More questioning the timing. I understand why they would come out now because of the nomination, but we should not have been hearing about it for the first time right now. The dude should have been fired long ago for conduct unbecoming a White House Physician.

I can't really disagree - but it also doesn't really matter, does it? This is NOW we're talking about. Can't say that it would really matter - the President's Physician does absolutely nothing. It's a bogus assignment - might even be where they put people they want retired out.
    It kinda does matter, we shouldnt have to put up with Government employees not doing their jobs effectively. We should demand more from our Government employees. We should demand and hold accountable anyone who lets this type of behavior pass. We do it for the private sector, we should do it for the public sector.