Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    And what ideology is that? Human worshipping?
    That's exactly what most helf players want - belfs that worship humans as 'right' while their people were 'wrong.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    They did that, that's how they got the green eyes.
    But new Blood Elves wouldn't need to do that to become Blood Elves, they probably just need some paperwork and to be able to pass a citizenship test.

Quote Originally Posted by Byne View Post
    Their ideology is just 'we dont want to use fel magic.' This is the current ideology of the majority of the blood elves as well.
    it wasn't fel, they didn't know about fel use when they were banished from quel'thalas. it was sucking mana out of creatures they objected to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddi View Post
    Well, it seems like at least Ion did do his homework a bit and someone did tell him that there are High Elves in the Alliance. Unfortunately, the only one he remembered was Alleria, lol. It really seems he is not knowledgeable about the Alliance side.

And this ultimately really shows who he is - a Horde player. And he might not want it and acknowledge it but subconsciously he does have it, as many other main devs do - the infamous Horde bias. And what I mean by this is not that they try to favor the Horde side or listen to Horde players more, what it means is that they think like many hardcore Horde players we meet on the forums, even though they try to remain neutral because that's their job. That's why Allied races heavily favored the Horde, they are basically a result of what would a dedicated Horde player believe are cool races for his faction and what would be cool races for the other faction. That's also why Ion gave this response about High Elves. And he might have told that this can change in the future, but if everything remains the same, it won't and he only said it as an implied apology. People can ask for High Elves with even bigger fervor, top more polls, etc. but that's like trying to convince those Horde players that argue against High Elves non stop. It's futile. There is only one argument that these devs will understand - your wallet. High Elves are bound to happen only as something to prolong the life of a dying game. But not now.
    I actually think BfA will do VERY VERY badly in the longrun(from what we are seeing right now) annnd HE oddly enough might be their asspull to save it(alongside ogres or mok nathal for horde..maybe raeventusk trolls)

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    What about the Silver Covenant tho? BfA plot twist, we will be revealed they are mostly half elves.
    Half elf allied race when?

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it wasn't fel, they didn't know about fel use when they were banished from quel'thalas. it was sucking mana out of creatures they objected to.
    Ok.. but they don't do that anymore... so... What is the difference between High elves and Blood elves now? High elves are vegans so they deserve to be an allied race?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Maybe they are so heavy into human fetishism that they no longer consider themselves elves ?
    They are HumanKin

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    But new Blood Elves wouldn't need to do that to become Blood Elves, they probably just need some paperwork and to be able to pass a citizenship test.
    Gotta get those green contacts then, I guess. Unless they want to add blue-eyed models to the Horde, which I'd be fine with.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    You know I was never keen on the Alliance getting the thalassian model, and I'm still not, but I can accept it as part of the compromise it was intended to be. A Void Elf is thematically and somewhat physically different from a Blood Elf, with a unique story to be had.

Doffen if this is your choice for the years ahead, I hope you'll enjoy it. I will see you on the battlefield.
    Oh yeah, it wasn't for you, but for the High Elves fans Void Elf is a nice compromise imo.

It's my Alliance main for BfA yes, but my main will be and is the avatar So yeah, lets nuke those Void Elves together right

I'm content there's an answer, but Ion sure sounds like he isn't concerned much by the lore.

What about the Silver Covenant tho? BfA plot twist, we will be revealed they are mostly half elves.
    There are only three living half elves. Galadin, Giramar and Arator.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    This HE discord bs...
    "ion is ignorant"
    "ion is c*nt"
    "ion treated us like shit"

brilliant *grabbing as much salt as he can*
    so. much. salt.

Don't talk down on humans. Or orcs. Know your two master races and adapt.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    ideology is a non visual thing, you can just say your void elf is a silver covenant elf, or any high elf human boot licker

thats not matter at all
    no, ideology does matter a lot. lore is important, my dude.

ideology is the root of wars and strife in the real world and every fantasy world. it's vastly important.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Gotta get those green contacts then, I guess. Unless they want to add blue-eyed models to the Horde, which I'd be fine with.
    I think that's what Ion meant. When he mentioned contact lenses, he's talking about Belves.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    No i get THAT but in 1 year? Almost no way they can get THAT many converts and if mostly pulling from say HE then again population issue(accordion to Ion)

This argument holds NO ground
    Your denial holds no argument,reasoning he used(Ion) is obvious if you have functional ears and brain to process pretty simple information.
    Blood Elves are basically High Elves. Slightly different eye color and backstory, but if you want to be a light skinned elf, that is basically a Blood Elf. Giving that to the Alliance would blur the line between factions.
    There aren't a ton of High Elves out there in WoW.
    If you are Alliance and want to be an elf, the Horde is there for you.
    -Ion Hazzikostas: Game Director for World of Warcraft

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm content there's an answer, but Ion sure sounds like he isn't concerned much by the lore.

everything he said was right about lore

silver covenant are not a big group or elves, never were, they are just a few elves with veressa, a terrorist squad way small than void elves, apart from th wtlk, they just appear as token to another alliance organization, like the night elves and the kirin tor

people projected too much their headcanon on then, to look like they are a big thing

they have nothing of a playable race could have, void elves have

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Ok.. but they don't do that anymore... so... What is the difference between High elves and Blood elves now? High elves are vegans so they deserve to be an allied race?
    they also view the alliance as their rightful allies and shit. i think it's stupid, the alliance has done nothing but betray quel'thalas, but they believe it so it makes them different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Please. I've been around, you know? I know all of you and I know you, the royal you and especially YOU don't give a shit about anything else aside your high elves, if Ion had said you'd get High Elves tomorrow you'd be kissing his feet. So again, please, spare me the BS.

Player feedback is not being ignored, idiotic demands are being ignored. What you think I enjoyed losing my belf racial? But me whining about it and them ignoring me is not ignoring player feedback it's just ignoring idiocy. Much like what's happening with Helfs.
    No still doubting him..alot but be glad he finally paid attention

I would still be harping on poor class design

Still saying we need more variety and skills period not just leveling

Still saying the HoA and Azerote gear feels like a strange and possibly nad move until they show us ktherwise.

I don't think he is a good game designer and he has to prove ge can listen to players.

Hell compare him to Yoshi P of FFXIV he listens and keeps track of both the world and lore. If players have an issue he directly reploes to it.

THAT is a trustworthy lead game dev. Not ion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Half elf allied race when?
    I don't think Anti High Elf posters would have a problem with that but I am not sure if that would be seen as a plus or a negative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    or you can just create a new background and lore to your character? this is a rpg too, rp

do you think every orc player play like he eat rocks?

said no one ever
    Said who i quoted and many others here mentioning legolas