Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Good. Tanks don't belong in WoW PvP.

seems fair to me, on release and for like a year a tank could destroy any caster with pure ease, no skill required just have 5 times the CC and 20 times the survival and often more mobility as well.

so for a year tanks should die in 2-3 instants from any caster, then after a year tanks take 40% less magic damage in pvp.

this is balanced.

Nerf the tanks, now give healers diminishing heals on the same target. First cast 100%, second down to 90% and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    This is possibly the best news I've read about BfA and a good enough reason to buy the expansion for that alone.
    Glad I could help Blizzard make $40.

Just be aware that PVP talents aren't in the game yet. Tanks could still get better snares and/or magic defense through there. Which I hope they do!
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Tanks have always been dogshit vs casters in wpvp. No tank in the game can stand against an arcane mage or an aff lock with decent gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Tanks have always been dogshit vs casters in wpvp. No tank in the game can stand against an arcane mage or an aff lock with decent gear.
    Aff locks are tough since they can keep healing themselves infinitely, but I can definitely beat an Arcane mage as a VDH on live. Just have to make use of our imprison/fear and silence sigils/leap snare, and demonic trample to catch up. Eventually they'll run out of HP.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    It's usually the people that play classes that can lay out others in a few seconds are the ones to complain about tanks in pvp. "OMG I couldn't kill the tank in 5 seconds! Nerf nerf nerf!"
    "WTF Blood DKs can just sit there and death strike me for days because IDK how to kite Blizz pls nerf."

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ Casters kiting melee has been dead for a couple years now. Anyway this thread is a bit ott as beta just started and pvp hasn't been touched at all yet. Even the OP said PvP talents aren't in the game right now.

Deleted
    And then they meet VHD, BDK or Prot warrior and roll down on a floor and cry

But yeah, beeing a god in wpvp is kinda funny, but it's not healthy for the game

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    And then they meet VHD, BDK or Prot warrior and roll down on a floor and cry

But yeah, beeing a god in wpvp is kinda funny, but it's not healthy for the game
    if you lose 1v1 to a VDH BDK or Prot warrior as an aff lock you are terrible or in terrible gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you lose 1v1 to a VDH BDK or Prot warrior as an aff lock you are terrible or in terrible gear.
    Aff locks are tough, but I can definitely beat them on my VDH with the right legendaries (boots and gloves or gloves and shield trinket). Will also need Quickened Sigil talent to make use of my silence/fear sigils and I'm a BELF, so I have interrupt and racial on top of that.

With all that said, they still pretty much the hardest class for me to beat as a VDH. The good news is that their mobility is pretty garbage, so I can still leap and demonic trample 10 miles away from them and they can't do anything to catch up if I see that I'm going to lose (and hope I can survive their dot ticks as I escape...).

In Beta right now, it's not even close. I'm on my knees seconds later and they're standing there at full HP. Tanks are fodder.

Quote Originally Posted by torish View Post
    Rock paper scissors isnt that bad in a RPG, you know?
    Except Tanks are usually treated with caution in PvP.
    Their intended purpose in PvP solely applies to RBG: Mainly FC and defend a base(altough other classes are better at it).
    In Arena, whenever a Tank spec became viable / OP, it was nerfed (sooner or later).

Tanks in PvP are pretty much a binary thing, totally OP or garbage, and for the health of the game Blizzard usually chooses the latter.

Rock,paper, Scissor in PvP should look like that:

Mage beats Warrior
    Rogue beats Mage
    Warrior beats Rogue

But the above example doesn't exactly work (anymore).

and priests...

I agree - tanks can whoop an undergeared ranged.. but seriously if they know what they are doing - tanks stand no real chance 1v1.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    I mean, I know even as I type it is pointless as it will NEVER happen in WoW.. but I LOVED tanks in pvp in Warhammer online. due to collision you could actually have a line of tanks defending healers/ranged. you COULD 'tank' it was great.
    I mean, I'd be down for that. Something like a paladin's Aegis of Light, but the wall it makes has collision as well as the "people behind you take less damage" effect could be fun.

It's basically a different way of thinking about CC, where you're shaping the battlefield to your advantage.

Why should they? They should have their nemesis as any other role has as well.
    Because fights in WoW last too long for a Tank role to work.

In other games, such as Moba's, a Tanks role is to soak damage and hassle the opponent, it works fine because fights don't last long, there's not much fun in WoW beating on a Guy that basically takes 3 Dps to kill within a reasonable time, ignoring the possibility of said Tank having a Healer.

Within a coordinated Teamfight, Tanks in WoW are basically immovable objects, you can't kill them, in other games if a tanks gets caught out of position you can kill them before the enemy joins in.

Tanks are also useful at matchmade battlegrounds. As flag carrier or defender.
    Which i said...?

Tanks were heavily overpowered, in special in leveling battlegrounds. You could literally one hit any other char with shield slam.
    Same area where Aimed Shot could one shot people.
    Especially in the Cata / MoP Era a lot of low level Battlegrounds were broken but that due multiple classes, not just tanks.

Rogue and other light melees. But its more complicated. You got anti caster melees and anti melee-melees. And melee healers and caster healers. Theres a myriad of rocks, papers and scissors distributed among the classes.
    The Rock,paper,Scissor thing doesn't work anymore because Classes are tuned for grouped PvP.
    A Dps Shaman is nowhere near as strong in solo PvP as a Rogue, DH or Dk.

Good riddance, they are a joke in Legion.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vs an active player of near equal skill:
    Healers shouldn't be able to damage anyone to death.
    Tanks shouldn't be able to damage someone to death.
    A single dps shouldn't be able to kill either a tank (mitigate damage) or healer (heal damage)
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    "Hey Blizz, I'm paper, please nerf scissors...oh and nerf rock too because I want to coast through life with no challenges and have everything handed to my spoiled lazy ass" ~Louz
    The irony.

I have some concerns here. In BG's a tank is basically a useless waste of space because they do garbage damage, take about as much damage as a non tank, and overall bring less to the party than anyone else. Sure you could argue that theyre good flag carriers, but A) There are only actually like two bgs where you physically hold the flag and B) that ability to carry flags doesn't carry over well to point defense. More importantly, unless your in a premade, randos usually wont let you pick the flag up anyway.

In arenas, same deal. No real ability to mitigate when you can't taunt players so your just a dead slot on the team.

WPVP was the one place tanks got to do ANYTHING really, and while I think they were op and bullshit for most of legion, I also think that if your going to take WPVP away from them, you have to give them back something along the way. Either more damage so theyre viable as sustained damage in bgs/arenas (leaving BURST damage for pure dps specs) or more abilities like the old Intervene that a tank can work around in pvp so that they can actually be guarding allies instead of just providing a piddling damage reduction buff by existing near them and being a stunbot otherwise.

Deleted
    Good, next healers. I hope.