Page 1 of 2
LastLast

BG Blacklisting being removed in BfA.

You think you wanted it, but you didn't.

Apparently.

They are also seperating big BGs like AV, IoC, and the Shoreline one into their own BG tier. In case you forgot to mention that.

I mean most of the horde players atleast had av and ic blacklisted so this doesn't matter for around 50% of the population.

Lol, I wonder what the reasoning is for this brilliant removal idea.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, mostly used it to ban Alterac Valley, and I understand the bad side of blacklisting a stage in a massive multiplayer game, so whatever.

Thing is with bgs being so dead, you only seem to get rotated into 10 mans anyway. As a horde on eu, i took av off blacklist and used it tok instead and av would never pop when i was doing randoms.

Shame really because i would have blacklisted tok and deepwind gorge. I cant see many alliance being happy about being forced to do sota.

All that changes is that I won't accidentally find myself on AV if I forget to blacklist it on an alt .
    I honestly find it nice that you can one day just decide "gimme a 40v40 BG" without having to queue for a very specific one, though I agree a little bit of blacklisting power wouldn't hurt... Every now and then I get bored of Kotmogu for one.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the better really, even if it unfortunately means I'll get stuck in DwG. The separate queue for large bgs means that they can make them last longer as players will be willingly queueing into them (such as restoring AV back to its previous iteration).

That sucks. I, as a horde player, have Master of WSG and EotS and like to blacklist those two to focus on getting the achievements (100 wins) in all the others for my Battlemaster and Khan titles.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Bad move Blizz.

Alliance players are going to see massive queue times now. Not even merc mode can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Bad move Blizz.

Alliance players are going to see massive queue times now. Not even merc mode can help.
    Or they can learn to queue up for something other than AV and IoC.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Or they can learn to queue up for something other than AV and IoC.
    Well that could happen but...yeah...not going to happen haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Player choice is the eternal enemy of blizzard apparently. Good to see ioc and av getting a seperate queue, but I'd also sometimes blacklist wsg and deepwind gorge. What now?

Maybe it will help some of these bg's that are so faction-tilted. It does suck though as mentioned for achievement hunting or if you just really don't like that one.

On the bright side, you can still specific queue bgs. And this epic bg queue sounds like max level Wintersgrasp and Tol Barad, which I've so sorely missed. Though part of the charm of those was the time sensitive nature. I'd be gucci with it if the battles lasted 1-4 hours though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Along with it, Strand Of The Ancients in BfA is going to be removed.

Deleted
    While first hearing it i was delighted thinking that i could now blacklist Seething Shore (i just hate it) and SotA with both my blacklists being moved to a different que but was slightly disappointed they removed blacklisting.

Small price to pay though to now actually gain a third blacklist in the form of SotA being removed so overall a win for me.

With SotA removed, they basically removed one of the two blacklist options.

For real, they could have left at least ONE blacklist option. That way, you can have some change if the "random" BG is the same one 5 times in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstream View Post
    Lol, I wonder what the reasoning is for this brilliant removal idea.
    The same as usual, Ion and his bitches want to satisfy their twisted concept of what "the people" demand on twatter feed.

I loved SotA. FeelsBadMan

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    With SotA removed, they basically removed one of the two blacklist options.

For real, they could have left at least ONE blacklist option. That way, you can have some change if the "random" BG is the same one 5 times in a row.
    In that case they might as well just remove IoC as well, since no Horde with any amount of sense will willingly run that heavily Alliance favored durpfest