Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantais View Post
    Some of the players here seems to be praising legion to a point where some of the praise starts to become a little bit delusional. I have a somewhat different opinion about legion and thought it was one of the worst expansions.

• The Story in legion was a bit far fetched, and seems to be build around a spaceship invasion of azeroth.
    • Artifact Power is a boring and mindless grinding loop. Same goes for grinding nethershards and veiled argunites, you just do the same mindless and repetitive grinding over and over again, theres almost no sense of having accomplished anything.
    • Questing was awful in some of the areas. Some of the quests were bugged and would sometimes show a wrong quest mark on the minimap, plus they gave you little experience and poor quest rewards. Some of the questing areas were awful to navigate through, with high mountain being the absolute worst.
    • Gearing up was a pain in the ass in the beginning, with titanforging and a broken RNG loot system. It felt like you were wasting your time gearing up for raids.
    • LFR in legion is a joke. I realize its supposed to be for beginners, but seriously. LFR is so mind-numbingly boring and easy that you could go out and make a cup of coffe and come back to pick up your loot.
    • Time Gating has never been more obvious than this expansion. It felt like it was designed to make you waste as much time as possible, instead of giving you an expansion that is enjoyable to play.
    • Argus is some of the most boring and uninspiring content ever produced in world of warcraft. You would constantly run into dead ends, the rewards are unexciting and mobs are swarming all over you.
    • Legiondaries are a bad joke. They are based on RNG so we don't have to do anything to earn them, its disgraceful how blizzard designed this system. What's the point of playing the game if the best items are given to you by luck?
    • World Quests are the same boring and repetitive daily quests, and they often give you worse gear than you already have. Sometimes it takes longer to get to the actual quests than it takes to complete them.
    • Mythic+ takes away your option to decide what dungeons you want to play, so the RNG in the game will decide that for you instead. You won't get any loot from any boss besides the final boss (which often gives you useless AP instead). Seems like a lazy game design to make you spend more time playing the game.
    • Class Design in legion is pretty bad. Some of the classes has been dumbed down and oversimplified to a point where they feel similar to the classes in Diablo 3, and most specializations feels boring and uninspiring to play.
    • PvP is problably the worst of any expansion.

Summary, legion was a boring singleplayer RNG grindfest with the same mindless grinding over and over again. It felt like grinding for the sake of grinding, and it felt like a job rather than an enjoyable game to play
    Cataclysm was the worst expansion by far.

• The Story in Cataclysm was a total disaster, and seemed to be built around a dragon torching random zones.
    • Valor Points was a boring and mindless grinding loop. Same goes for grinding all the other currencies, you just do the same mindless and repetitive grinding over and over again, theres almost no sense of having accomplished anything.
    • Questing was awful in some of the areas. Some of the quests were bugged and would sometimes show a wrong quest mark on the minimap, plus they gave you little experience and poor quest rewards. Some of the questing areas were awful to navigate through, with hyjal being the absolute worst.
    • Gearing up was a pain in the ass in the beginning, with overtuned raids and even if you could do the dungeons perfectly, you were 100% dependent on the other 4 LFD players who were total failures more often than not. It felt like you were wasting your time gearing up for raids.
    • LFR in cataclysm is a joke. I realize its supposed to be for beginners, but seriously. LFR was nothing more than everyone rolling Need and then selling the loot to those who actually wanted it.
    • Time Gating has never been more obvious than in that expansion. It felt like it was designed to make you waste as much time as possible, instead of giving you an expansion that is enjoyable to play.
    • Molten Front is some of the most boring and uninspiring content ever produced in world of warcraft. You would constantly run into dead ends, the rewards are unexciting and mobs are swarming all over you.
    • Legendaries were a bad joke. Who got them was based on favoritism and the receiver had nothing to do to earn them other than be the leader's favorite, its disgraceful how blizzard designed this system. What's the point of playing the game if the best items are given to you based on popularity?
    • Daily Quests were the same boring and repetitive quests you had to do while leveling up, and they often give you worse gear than you already have. Sometimes it takes longer to get to the actual quests than it takes to complete them.
    • Mythic+ didn't even exist, proving the massive lack of content in Cataclysm.
    • Class Design in cataclysm is pretty bad. Some of the classes have been so extremely underpowered, and most specializations felt boring and uninspiring to play.
    • PvP was probably the worst of any expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reydan View Post
    You are definitely in the minority, which is fine but atleast admit it.
    Admit what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by IceMan1763 View Post
    So you want a forum populated ONLY with people who have a current sub. I wish such a place existed for you. I'm here, like many others because I care about this game, have fond memories of it, and would like to see it improve. In the meantime I'll just laugh at fanbois like you who think they are tough and just say this.

If we met in life you would quickly find out who the real pussy is. I honestly would put my IRL address and phone number here so you could find out for yourself but you probably can't afford a plane ticket and I'm too afraid that instead of actually showing up you would swat me.

PS - I actually can afford a plane ticket, so if you'd like to leave your IRL address I can see if I can fit a "who is the real pussy" meeting into my schedule sometime in the next few months. I travel quite a bit so I might be able to arrange a quick hour or two ass kicking for you. I think that type of reality check could do you a real favor in life going forward.
    1)
    i am far faaaaaar away of a fanboy of wow. you can read through my posts in the past to make that sure.

2)
    imo you take things waaaay to seriously/personal what some stupid internet jerk says (me). sounds like you have some psychologic problems or you are 12 years old. just because someone on the internet called a bunch of ppl pussies, and you count yourself as one of that ppl (which is your own descission and may be even false), is enough that you wanna kick asses. thats a bit... i dont know... sensible ? just dont take some inet shit that seriously or personal. i will be not the first and not the last guy on the interwebz that will make you angry or just have another oppinion or will polarize or troll or whatever.

3)
    about topic, i would say we just have other oppinions here. imo it make not that much sense, to rant about stuff in a game, that someone do not really play. but i can understand that, that someone that once was deep in game involved is a bit frustrated when the game evolves in another direction. i play since classic. and i hate A LOT of the game what was changed over the years. i am just too long in that game and was long ago alraedy over it. your mmoc sub shows me, that you possibly be not already at that point. 3-4 years after playing wow i was also way more agressive about changing my beloved game. but on the other side i do not see any good reasons to freak out about a game, i already distanced myself from, when i have other or better things to do in life. i only can understand this, if i had nothing in my life but wow. but this would be very very sad and i do not believe that such ppl really exists.

4)
    also, for me, this discussion ends here. i agree that we do not agree. but having other oppinions is fine. makes the world colorized. so, nothing to be sad about here.

have a nice day.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2018-04-26 at 04:09 AM.

When we all agree Legion was the best expantion someones says no.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Cataclysm was the worst expansion by far.

• The Story in Cataclysm was a total disaster, and seemed to be built around a dragon torching random zones.
    • Valor Points was a boring and mindless grinding loop. Same goes for grinding all the other currencies, you just do the same mindless and repetitive grinding over and over again, theres almost no sense of having accomplished anything.
    • Questing was awful in some of the areas. Some of the quests were bugged and would sometimes show a wrong quest mark on the minimap, plus they gave you little experience and poor quest rewards. Some of the questing areas were awful to navigate through, with hyjal being the absolute worst.
    • Gearing up was a pain in the ass in the beginning, with overtuned raids and even if you could do the dungeons perfectly, you were 100% dependent on the other 4 LFD players who were total failures more often than not. It felt like you were wasting your time gearing up for raids.
    • LFR in cataclysm is a joke. I realize its supposed to be for beginners, but seriously. LFR was nothing more than everyone rolling Need and then selling the loot to those who actually wanted it.
    • Time Gating has never been more obvious than in that expansion. It felt like it was designed to make you waste as much time as possible, instead of giving you an expansion that is enjoyable to play.
    • Molten Front is some of the most boring and uninspiring content ever produced in world of warcraft. You would constantly run into dead ends, the rewards are unexciting and mobs are swarming all over you.
    • Legendaries were a bad joke. Who got them was based on favoritism and the receiver had nothing to do to earn them other than be the leader's favorite, its disgraceful how blizzard designed this system. What's the point of playing the game if the best items are given to you based on popularity?
    • Daily Quests were the same boring and repetitive quests you had to do while leveling up, and they often give you worse gear than you already have. Sometimes it takes longer to get to the actual quests than it takes to complete them.
    • Mythic+ didn't even exist, proving the massive lack of content in Cataclysm.
    • Class Design in cataclysm is pretty bad. Some of the classes have been so extremely underpowered, and most specializations felt boring and uninspiring to play.
    • PvP was probably the worst of any expansion.
    Cataclysm shits on Legion any day of the week.

1/10, made me reply.

Some of the players here seems to be praising legion to a point where some of the praise starts to become a little bit delusional. I have a somewhat different opinion about legion and thought it was one of the worst expansions.

• The Story in legion was a bit far fetched, and seems to be build around a spaceship invasion of azeroth.
    • Artifact Power is a boring and mindless grinding loop. Same goes for grinding nethershards and veiled argunites, you just do the same mindless and repetitive grinding over and over again, theres almost no sense of having accomplished anything.
    • Questing was awful in some of the areas. Some of the quests were bugged and would sometimes show a wrong quest mark on the minimap, plus they gave you little experience and poor quest rewards. Some of the questing areas were awful to navigate through, with high mountain being the absolute worst.
    • Gearing up was a pain in the ass in the beginning, with titanforging and the broken RNG loot system. It felt like you were wasting your time gearing up for raids.
    • LFR in legion is a joke. I realize its supposed to be for beginners, but seriously. LFR is so mind-numbingly boring and easy that you could go out and make a cup of coffe and come back to pick up your loot.
    • Time Gating has never been more obvious than this expansion. It felt like it was designed to make you waste as much time as possible, instead of giving you an expansion that is enjoyable to play.
    • Argus is some of the most boring and uninspiring content ever produced in world of warcraft. You would constantly run into dead ends, the rewards are unexciting and mobs are swarming all over you.
    • Legiondaries are a bad joke. They are based on RNG so we don't have to do anything to earn them, its disgraceful how blizzard designed this system. What's the point of playing the game if the best items are given to you by luck?
    • World Quests are the same boring and repetitive daily quests, and they often give you worse gear than you already have. Sometimes it takes longer to get to the actual quests than it takes to complete them.
    • Mythic+ takes away your option to decide what dungeons you want to play, so the RNG in the game will decide that for you instead. You won't get any loot from any boss besides the final boss (which often gives you useless AP instead). Seems like a lazy game design to make you spend more time playing the game.
    • Class Design in legion is pretty bad. Some of the classes has been dumbed down and oversimplified to a point where they feel similar to the classes in Diablo 3, and most specializations feels boring and uninspiring to play.
    • PvP is problably the worst of any expansion.

Summary, legion was a boring singleplayer RNG grindfest with the same mindless grinding over and over again. It felt like grinding for the sake of grinding, and it felt like a job rather than an enjoyable game to play
    Questing was the best its ever been, I did not find zones "hard" to navigate, no problem whatsoever with Highmountain, maybe if you said valsharah I could agree.

Story was great...Suramar was the greatest, most immersive storyline ever put into this game, im going to miss it for sure. As for timegating, I didn't feel like this was an issue either. They tried to give some time for a story to develop before the raids were released...had they not done that you probably would have had an 8 week drought between raids with nothing. Argus gives great rewards, had a nice story, and is great to gear alts for mage tower class challenges. Ive played more alts than ever and Ive played since vanilla, and I have to say Ive really actually liked all classes moreso than I have in the past...I really don't know where all this is coming from? World quests were good too, something to get you out of the class hall/garrison and do while in queue etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

Summary, legion was a boring singleplayer RNG grindfest with the same mindless grinding over and over again. It felt like grinding for the sake of grinding, and it felt like a job rather than an enjoyable game to play[/B].
    Everybody chill out... This sounds like the phase right before rage quitting, he has been emotionally offended and feels entitled to share his worthless opinion with the community. Just give him a sec to put a tampon in and let a week go by, I'm sure he'll be back for BfA to tell everyone it's the worst expansion ever. Bye Bantais, thanks for leaving. Good talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    descission
    You can't spell decision... I'm too smart to spend time responding to someone of your intelligence level.

DM me your address so I can see if I can fit that ass kicking in for you sometime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by IceMan1763 View Post
    You can't spell decision... I'm too smart to spend time responding to someone of your intelligence level.

DM me your address so I can see if I can fit that ass kicking in for you sometime soon.
    i do not know why you are so angry here. but if i said something really inaccurate, i am sorry about that.

Worst expansion ever? Somebody didn't play through Warlords of Draenor. Neither did I, and I STILL know how much it sucked just from observing patch rollouts and in-game footage of raids!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Worst expansion ever? Somebody didn't play through Warlords of Draenor. Neither did I, and I STILL know how much it sucked just from observing patch rollouts and in-game footage of raids!
    So you have no clue what you're talking about and yet still one of those sheep who jumped on the bash wod wagon. Why am i not surprised in the slightest.

Legion was literally wod 2.0, it only expanded on the things wod had, in wod the raids were far better and the classes were far better, for people who can actually get over the wod was crap bandwagon they can actually see that there is no real difference between the 2 crap expansions except class design got worse and they now give you overly generous rewards for doing the same crap you hated doing in wod.

Heres how wod panned out for me:

Fantastic raids, i loved a vast majority of classes so i could replay all the content there was no matter how limited it was, pvp was great even with EMFH imbalance. So i had raiding, pvp and dungeons to do on a number of classes.

Legion:
    Raiding has been extremely boring in legion to the point i have quit raiding for the first time in the history of wow even though i still have plenty of free time to kill, pvp is in the worst state it ever has been in, classes are so bad i have still to find a class i actually enjoy playing, so what's left for me to do? m+? yeah pretty boring for me to spam dungeons on boring moba style classes.

So yeah wod, no matter how bad of an expansion was infinitely better than legion for me, and no amount of people who are still butthurt about a twitter selfie cam patch will ever tell me different.
    If m+ loot was a 1 time weekly thing like challenge mode dungeons were in wod and world quests only granted a currency like apexis crystals people would be screaming from the rooftops that this expansion was even worse than wod, but because of some rng over generous rewards people praise world quests and m+.

People disliked wod to the point they consider anything not wod to be good, when they cannot see that legion was wod 2.0, blizzard have stopped disclosing sub numbers this expansion, pvp participation is at an all time low and pve raiding has saw several top guilds quit, the overall participation numbers for logs and progress are a bit lower and recent mmochamp scans could only scan something like 2.6m active accounts, so it would seem quite a few people are in the same frame of mind and quit because of legion being just as bad (and for some, even worse) than wod.
    Last edited by mmoc1448478633; 2018-04-27 at 05:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    So in other words, you are talking about something you haven't played and don't know anything about. You are not exactly making the legion fans look smart by doing something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still enjoying it and TBH new xpax i goin to early for me

Quote Originally Posted by crouder View Post
    In Legion i really disliked the following Points:

-Artefact and Legendary Items in Total..too much nobrain Grind for AP and useless Leggos
    -Altunfriendly Expansion gearing up Alt is horrendous. Especially the OrderHall/Missonsfollower Facebookmini Game
    -Worldquests---feels like only handful of them were useful after some Time
    -Profession Progress only based on RNG. have fun getting the Rank 3 on Flasks (gg)
    -Argus...im gonna get hate for this statement but no Flying in Argus was a huge NOGO for me.
    -Titanforging
    -Mythic Key based off off Luck. No guaranteed Item.So many Hours wasted just to get useless AP

Positive Aspects:
    +Gearing up Characters based only on ilvl was pretty quick
    +Mythic+ Good way for People who wont do raids/guildless to do some progress "IF" you get Items instead of AP
    -If you were grinding AP you were doing it wrong. Do what you want the AP will come. No need to force yourself to do stuff you hate for percent improvements. You'll just make you hate youself.
    -How was gearing alts hard? You ding 110, have a friend take you to Broken Shore or later Argus and you'll have a set of 850/900 gear by end of the day.
    -If you don't consider gold, gear, resources, and AP more what rewards would you consider useful.
    -Gotta agree there. Loving rank 3 shoulder armor locked behind RBG wins.
    -Every xpac has had no-fly zone zones
    -Ok, which do you want. Titanforging or the 'omg blizz there's no content worth doing' crybabies back?
    -Again if you're after a specific item and consider ONLY AP to be a bad reward you're only hurting yourself.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Deleted
    I thought it was one of if not the best expansions :|

15+ Year Old Account
    Legion was one of the best expansions if not the best! I feel like OP is trolling us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Legion was one of the best expansions if not the best! I feel like OP is trolling us.
    Trolling you because he has a different opinion to you? Grow up

WoD will always hold that title, but Legion isn't all that far behind it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    WoD will always hold that title, but Legion isn't all that far behind it.
    No, Cataclysm holds it.

Deleted
    Wait, I thought WoW these days was about joining HC pug, die 2 % in because you are shit then pick up your 965 HC titanforged piece , aka mythic ilvl gear and continue to next boss? no?