Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    UP hope you have wonderful time

Not much talk here, how is Mage looking?

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Not much talk here, how is Mage looking?
    fire and frost ok, arcane not so much

Quote Originally Posted by Firost View Post
    arcane not so much
    Citation needed.

frost still has the rng and munching problems it had before. its not ok.

7+ Year Old Account
    For arcane, Slipstream is literally a dead talent right now isn't it? Clearcasting procs cant stack, so you cant bank any sort of charges. There is no upside to picking up the talent as shimmer is just better in all situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    what about fire

I honestly went arcane cause the staff's unending salt made me smile, but if fire aint fun, there just wont be anything left for me

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    what about fire

I honestly went arcane cause the staff's unending salt made me smile, but if fire aint fun, there just wont be anything left for me
    fire is basically the same as live, you just have 2 charges of fire blast instead of 3 because you have to pick phoenix flames to have any amount of buttons to press.

10+ Year Old Account
    so playable, but back to being so minimal as to be boring

...*grumble*

How are people finding the new Ray of Frost, in comparison to the other 100 talents?

Quote Originally Posted by Champagne Supernova View Post
    How are people finding the new Ray of Frost, in comparison to the other 100 talents?
    needs its damage to go up a lot.
    ROF needs Rune of Power to work and even with it it barely comes to the damage of GS. Cooldown is to long compared to GS. GS deals just so much more damage even without Splitting Ice and is ready more often than ROF.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    For arcane, Slipstream is literally a dead talent right now isn't it? Clearcasting procs cant stack, so you cant bank any sort of charges. There is no upside to picking up the talent as shimmer is just better in all situations.
    You may be forgetting about a spell called 'Evocation'. Sure, you could Shimmer while casting Evocation, but if Slipstream saves you from one unexpected interrupt out of ten I'd still consider it worth it.

Also, Shimmer removes the stun/root break from Blink, which could be a disadvantage in some fight or another.
    Last edited by davesignal; 2018-04-27 at 08:00 AM.

Ray of Frost looks like shit too ;p. (and tbh frost got the short end of the stick in visual updates, Flurry looks so bad as well).

So is pyro fishing still a thing in the new expac?

Quote Originally Posted by arcuro View Post
    needs its damage to go up a lot.
    ROF needs Rune of Power to work and even with it it barely comes to the damage of GS. Cooldown is to long compared to GS. GS deals just so much more damage even without Splitting Ice and is ready more often than ROF.
    gs is brokenly overtuned right now, hitting for more hp than players even have. thats not really a fair comparison.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    gs is brokenly overtuned right now, hitting for more hp than players even have. thats not really a fair comparison.
    FinalBossTV made the same comment end March and they still haven't changed it? Hoping that I can stick with Glacial Spike as I like frost mage without the thermal void talent. (too boring)

For the amount of setup and cast time GS has it should be doing the damage it does or nobody will even bother with it due to how many obstacles there are to using it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    For the amount of setup and cast time GS has it should be doing the damage it does or nobody will even bother with it due to how many obstacles there are to using it.
    To be fair, Icy Floes makes it somewhat trivial. For safe measures I just checked if IF is still present and there it is, sitting pretty. And it still is unaffected by GCD. I really hope we get to see traits that goes well with GS.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Frost AOE mastery scaling! Yaaaaay!

This is good news! However, if they intend for Frozen Orb to actually deal relevant damage, i think they should increase the speed it moves after it massively slows down from affecting an enemy. As it is now, it happens often that it hits a slightly misplaced mob closer to you then the rest of the pack and it stops moving almost entirely, therefore not reaching/affecting the others further away form your position. By increasing its speed, it can reliably provide more Fingers of Frost while still giving us some time to make use of them and makes it handier to actually reach and deal damage to the whole pack of mobs, even if they are not perfectly stacked.