Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Useless argument. Yes if you have a stack they will have a stack. Let the best team win as designed. If you don’t have a stack neither does your opponent. If your team can suck so can theirs. Let the best team win as designed. If your team can have a thrower so can theirs. If your team can have a smurf so can theirs. It’s more fair than most of you are willing to admit because you only recognize matchmaking issues when they effect you personally but when they work in your favor it was because you carried your team to victory.

One can only perceive the world from their own eyes but one can try to broaden their viewpoint.
    Why so hostile? You appear to have assumed I disagree with everything you said. I disagree only that if you dislike solo-queue that you should group up, I don't think it's much different. I'm actually an advocate for solo-queuing, and agree that SR accurately reflects your skill in terms of the competitive ladder (unless like I said you 6-stack, then you should expect to drop SR for a while 'til your 6 learn to work well together).

Unless your stack of friends for comp comes from players you know to be consistent + on comms, I'd argue solo-queue is basically the same. I recognize matchmaking issues and if anything, they're stacked in your favour, as long as you are constantly improving and trying to push SR, and you play well within a team.

p.s. people might be slightly more perceptible to your views if you didn't sound so angry in all of your posts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Tried to play comp again today, threw 3 matches before logging off.

if you lock genji and your weapon accuracy is 20%, i don't care how hard you are trying. you are throwing.

I am kinda done just carrying people. it makes no sense to mandate my best performance every game but mandate no minimum from others. Gotten to the point watching OWL is better than playing OW. DPS players are the worst, fucking shittiest players in the game. Comp is the LFR of WoW, the only way forward is guilds or stacks.
    If you're throwing matches, you are the problem. If the only way forwards are stacks, then how come the best players are always the best players? People do climb solo, y'know.

Just got PotG with WM, but in the PotG she didn't scope in so it looked stupid :P
    It's still bugged in my highlights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharjo View Post
    If you're throwing matches, you are the problem.
    Why try if you are going to lose anyway?

Why try if all your Hanzo is going to do is shoot a fucking DVA instead of countersniping all game because they are a fucking retarded faggot pussy who can only get kills with scatter?

Why try if your Winston and DVA never dive?

Why try if some useless fuckface piece of shit locks Reaper and doesn't know how to shoot at a support or tank?

Why try if you have 2 dps and one of them is Genji? Genji players are fucking useless.

Literally the most fun you can have in Overwatch anymore solo is trolling people.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You can’t hear hostility in my posts because it is a text based medium which lacks tone and inflection. Any feelings you hear are entirely placed there by your imagination. I take issue with calling a video game "work". I take issue with calling the things you have to do in a video game "work". I'm not going to assume how you live your life but it is far from work. If you can't put the time and effort into a game to get something then that something isn't really all that important to you. I get that people have lives and more important things to do, like me, I can't put the time in to get a higher rank and naturally I don't care if I get to a higher rank. I only play comp to have fun in comp. I don't tilt and I don't take things personally. I play for fun. If I increase my rank along the way so be it, if I lose a rank so be it. It is what it is.

If you play for fun why do you care what your rank is or how long it takes to increase your rank?

- - - Updated - - -

Which is why you should not only invite people to your friends list if you think they are good but you should also prune your friends list of anyone who doesn’t live up to expectations which is only a button push or two.
    You are unnecessarily obtuse/difficult at times, he's saying the game would be improved if the game had better or more in depth matchmaking tools, he's right, there's not that much reason to overthink it.

- - - Updated - - -

Why try if all your Hanzo is going to do is shoot a fucking DVA instead of countersniping all game because they are a fucking retarded faggot pussy who can only get kills with scatter?

Why try if some useless fuckface piece of shit locks Reaper and doesn't know how to shoot at a support or tank?

Why try if you have 2 dps and one of them is Genji? Genji players are fucking useless.

Literally the most fun you can have in Overwatch anymore solo is trolling people.
    I don't know man I have a pretty good time playing with good players against other good players for the great majority of my games, seems like a personal problem to me.

I certainly play with a lot of Genji's I wouldn't call useless either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I don't know man I have a pretty good time playing with good players against other good players for the great majority of my games, seems like a personal problem to me.

I certainly play with a lot of Genji's I wouldn't call useless either.
    Well I am not afraid to admit that mechanically I have a lot of room to improve and it is what is holding me back - my cosistency is extremely streaky especially with the breaks I have been taking. But when I say a player is useless, I don't mean we didnt win the game/they made a mistake so they are useless. They are useless because they struggle with the basics of the game. There is no moxy, no drive. They lack conviction. No balls.

Its so hard to be positive when you're 3 - 4 in OT, you have 40s to cap point A and we come out with... a hanzo and sombra vs a double shield cancer comp. like... these people just threw away a win because winning as sombra and hanzo was more important than winning at all.

its like... i love the game but goddamn I hate the people who play it. i used to embrace the frustration as a challenge, just another hurdle to jump over, but I can't keep playing the game like this.

I'd like to duo or trio with some people who have common sense but it just feels so trashy queuing into a solo Q game and locking DPS/Dive Tanks bc I just feel like people go OK fuck this game then because they feel forced into support/tank. But it's just like... DPS is such a flexible role, it's really not fair to let the inexperienced claim it. The whole thing just feels like drama I don't want to deal with. I just want to play and win games =/

Deleted

To improve.

If you have a thrower - maybe they do too.

You don't have to dive, espec. in lower SRs, it's quite advanced teamplay.

See no. 2.

Genjis are amazing, didn't you just mention dive? Lol?

Based on this last one all I can assume is I'm wasting my time because you're a quickplay hero. Maybe that's the most fun you can have. I quite enjoy the ladder climb.

- - - Updated - - -

snap
    Unless you're masters/GM your mechanical skill isn't holding you back.
    Lol double shield cancer comp, Sombra counters that solo but ok.

Do you not believe SR is reflective of your abilities then? Your team ruins everything etc. etc?

You seem to be very angry with your dps - have you considered playing a tank that can do good damage? Like, literally any tank? Who needs dps when you're D.va going 30:2.

Once Brigitta is hitting comp she's going to be nerfed, hard. No one cares about her while in QP but once she's in comp she's going to be a must pick

10+ Year Old Account
    quickplay hero
    Please kill yourself.

Do you not believe SR is reflective of your abilities then?
    It does to an extent but not fully. I've met players who I've thought to be bronze who are playing in masters. Reinhardt seeing Dva ult coming in "Don't worry, I'll block it", proceeds to place the shield so the mech is on the other side of it and not in front of it, blowing us all up.

Master Hanzos shooting their ulti right into dva matrix several times in a game.

High diamond junkrats who kill their own team when genji deflects.

Mercy ulting and flying straight into a team fight and starts ressing and dying.

High diamond reinhardt's dropping the shield to firestrike, making the enemy widow snipe a healer or DPS.

My favourite of all, master Sombra player who kept ulting the enemy team solo.

I don't understand why these players are at the same rating or higher than me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    Once Brigitta is hitting comp she's going to be nerfed, hard. No one cares about her while in QP but once she's in comp she's going to be a must pick
    You mean like Sombra? And Moira?

Please kill yourself.
    This from the guy who just went on a rant about how devs never punish me for my behavior. You guys may not like how I post but I don’t flagrantly jump off the rules cliff.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    It does to an extent but not fully. I've met players who I've thought to be bronze who are playing in masters. Reinhardt seeing Dva ult coming in "Don't worry, I'll block it", proceeds to place the shield so the mech is on the other side of it and not in front of it, blowing us all up.

Master Hanzos shooting their ulti right into dva matrix several times in a game.

High diamond junkrats who kill their own team when genji deflects.

Mercy ulting and flying straight into a team fight and starts ressing and dying.

High diamond reinhardt's dropping the shield to firestrike, making the enemy widow snipe a healer or DPS.

My favourite of all, master Sombra player who kept ulting the enemy team solo.

I don't understand why these players are at the same rating or higher than me.
    'People in higher ranks have made mistakes, ergo SR is wrong.'

Lol mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Please kill yourself.
    lol /10char

Numbani attack. We have 3-premade playing Zarya, Lucio and Sombra. We also have 3 solo; me on Mercy, someone on Winston and a third that played Pharah and Tracer I think. We took first point pretty fast, but then we couldn't get anywhere for ages. The enemy team farmed us almost outside of our spawn. So I change to Junkrat, and they go "yeah, nice, change to a dps..." and I tell them it's because we're not getting anywhere.

I kill the Tracer that had been terrorizing me all game from behind while my team ignored her, and then 3 in the enemy team with my ult and from that point we have an easy ride to victory, at which point they started whining saying something about how I was wrong and that we did get somewhere. I'm like duh... yeah, because I changed to dps and actually dealt some damage.

I hate premades. They always suck and they become 100000% more vicious and toxic because they are with friends, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    I hate premades. They always suck and they become 100000% more vicious and toxic because they are with friends, I'm sure.
    I have seen many examples of this, last nasty one only couple days ago... but then again I've also encountered some nice and friendly premades, and objectively thinking most of them have actually been neutral (not saying much either way to the rest of us) while performance has varied from great to okay to garbage - though all toxic groups tend to be garbage, but not all garbage groups have been toxic. Likely not all the premades you've ever had were bad, they just stick out more? I guess I'm just saying, give them the benefit of doubt until they open their mouth / press enter and remove all of it.
    Last edited by Twen; 2018-04-27 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Corrected wording

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't actually had any real issues with premades. I encounter a lot of caustic people but usually its just solo assholes running their mouths and showing off their lack of social skills. The only times I really get frustrated with premades is when a 3-4 person group all insta-lock DPS roles resulting in a real shitty comp. But I've also countered plenty of groups where people are playing tanks or support as well.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    I seriously doubt it. She's strong in her niche, but countering her is mostly going to be a L2P issue. It's like Bastion; he was SUPER OP until people learned to flank and not stand in his sightline. Because he wasn't really OP; players just really didn't understand his weaknesses and how to exploit them, yet.

Birgitte has low health. Her shield is also, compared to other shields, fragile; just burst it down and kill her. All her abilities are short-ranged; if you don't close to her melee range, she can't get her passive healing aura going, which cuts her healing way down.

Focus fire, flank with non-melee heroes, use indirect splash damage from Junkrat/Pharah, use damage that penetrates barriers like Moira's ball or Coalesce, etc. She has counters. People are getting annoyed because they have to change up the meta to deal with her. Which is sort of the point of new heroes; to mix up the meta.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I haven't actually had any real issues with premades. I encounter a lot of caustic people but usually its just solo assholes running their mouths and showing off their lack of social skills. The only times I really get frustrated with premades is when a 3-4 person group all insta-lock DPS roles resulting in a real shitty comp. But I've also countered plenty of groups where people are playing tanks or support as well.
    MOST premades I end up with as a solo queue warrior are decent, honestly. The biggest issue is if it's a 5-man, we're generally getting put up against another 5-man, and then it's down to which 5-man is better, in most cases. I'm a decent team player and if they join team chat (rather than group), we'll be fine, I play to adapt to their plan, so it usually works out well overall.

The chance that a 4- or 5-man are throwing is WAY less likely, in my experience, than a solo queue guy.

You know the kicker is that Blizz wanted to wait til next season to release Brig so she could be 'play tested' to balance her and once she gets to comp they are going to figure out that she is too strong, not for healing but for her stun and how you can't one on one her with any character who has to get close because she just self-heals while killing you.

Her stun should be 9-10 seconds so she has to use her brain on when to you it.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Birgitte has low health. Her shield is also, compared to other shields, fragile; just burst it down and kill her. All her abilities are short-ranged; if you don't close to her melee range, she can't get her passive healing aura going, which cuts her healing way down.
    Yeah I think part of the issue with Brigitte is that flankers are used to sneaking around and harassing support and they can't really do that with her, so you get those genji tears when he tries to 1v1 her and she comes out on top. Her shield is weak too but it does recharge really fast so as long as your expectation isn't to just hold it up forever, it does provide a lot of protection.

Her short range and terrible mobility is a major weakness, people just need to learn to exploit it better. She's great for what she is, but what she isn't is omnipotent.

It's also worth keeping in mind that people are basing their experiences with her off of seeing her in quick play which really isn't the best indicator of how she'll do in comp since quick play seldom has the same level of effort put into comp or teamwork or strategy or countering that you can encounter in competitive matches. The heroes that work best in comp aren't always the best heroes in other modes and vice versa. Symmetra is a good example; she can often completely dominate casual games but she's usually not a good pick in comp especially at higher SRs.

That's not to say Brigitte's current tuning is perfect; I'm just saying it's hard to judge right now between the game modes and people's lack of experience with her.

The chance that a 4- or 5-man are throwing is WAY less likely, in my experience, than a solo queue guy.
    Yeah, I think the biggest group I've seen with throwers is a duo. Throwers/leavers are almost exclusively solo folks in my experience.

I mean, I can definitely see a group of jerks feeding off each other or taking license to turn it to 11 because they have the encouragement of their mates, so I don't doubt it happens. I've certainly seen it in other games (WoW LFG), I just don't see it as often in Overwatch as I see solo dickbags.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    They are going well...
    Been enjoying playing the game again, and I am a person who plays certain characters too...
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Yeah I think part of the issue with Brigitte is that flankers are used to sneaking around and harassing support and they can't really do that with her, so you get those genji tears when he tries to 1v1 her and she comes out on top. Her shield is weak too but it does recharge really fast so as long as your expectation isn't to just hold it up forever, it does provide a lot of protection.

Her short range and terrible mobility is a major weakness, people just need to learn to exploit it better. She's great for what she is, but what she isn't is omnipotent.

It's also worth keeping in mind that people are basing their experiences with her off of seeing her in quick play which really isn't the best indicator of how she'll do in comp since quick play seldom has the same level of effort put into comp or teamwork or strategy or countering that you can encounter in competitive matches. The heroes that work best in comp aren't always the best heroes in other modes and vice versa. Symmetra is a good example; she can often completely dominate casual games but she's usually not a good pick in comp especially at higher SRs.

That's not to say Brigitte's current tuning is perfect; I'm just saying it's hard to judge right now between the game modes and people's lack of experience with her.

Yeah, I think the biggest group I've seen with throwers is a duo. Throwers/leavers are almost exclusively solo folks in my experience.

I mean, I can definitely see a group of jerks feeding off each other or taking license to turn it to 11 because they have the encouragement of their mates, so I don't doubt it happens. I've certainly seen it in other games (WoW LFG), I just don't see it as often in Overwatch as I see solo dickbags.
    You will see the rise of the three support meta, she gives out perma armor and Lucio/Zen alternate ult each time the enemy wave comes in. Between those three you can't die, worse if there are torbs and syms on hand to give armor/barrier. It turns squishies into tanks and tanks into gods.