So is there a way to block one forum topic from my Front Page? I don't want to block all of General Discussions but I'm REALLY tired of the seeing the High Elf Thread pop up...
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    again, you just ignore how goddamn irrelevant they are

if they remove the High elf from the existence, it would make no difference, bcause they are not relevant

they actually did, blood elves in one side and night elves sin the other side

high elves are in there just to be a token appearance

Again, is just you feeling this way, totally wrong still

they did nothing relevant, it a elf zone so they put another group of elves, there is no recognition, you are just stretching

- - - Updated - - -

the funny part is that they rly forget that the CM is there so this will just bite in their ass
    the cm isn't there anymore. idk if they kicked her out or she just left after all the abuse.

High quality kek screenshots. People really want to fire a game director because he repeatedly says high elves are not happening. Rofl

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    I don't get why a lot of Horde posters are acting that way, being salty, aggressive, making fun of them using Ion's statements as their sig just to mock high elf fans whereas they just simply won. No need to act that way really. That's a good thing Ion made things clear even if one side has lost.
    Lost the battle agreed buut blizz is retcon happy so who knows.

As for your overall statement agreed. It honestly feels very childish.

10+ Year Old Account
    High Elves
    Blood Elves are basically High Elves. Slightly different eye color and backstory, but if you want to be a light skinned elf, that is basically a Blood Elf. Giving that to the Alliance would blur the line between factions.
    There aren't a ton of High Elves out there in WoW.
    If you are Alliance any want to be an elf, the Horde is there for you

Yes, No High Elves. None at all, they are a myth....

https://imgur.com/gallery/bZLKiYR/

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Lost the battle agreed buut blizz is retcon happy so who knows.

As for your overall statement agreed. It honestly feels very childish.
    A couple instances of retcon doesn't suddenly mean "blizz is retcon happy" Other than the known draenei story and the Legion resurrection process with the help of Argus, what other examples of retcon do you have?
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post

Yes, No High Elves. None at all, they are a myth....

https://imgur.com/gallery/bZLKiYR/
    Literally none of that disproves his statement that there arent a ton of them. He never said they didnt exist.
    There's a very fine line between not listening, and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life. ~ Private Leonard Church

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    While I agree Blood Elves have their rough and prideful edges and characters, Blood Elf society has its own noble figures, though. I mean Liadrin is a redeemed hero. Halduron is a noble ranger-general of the Farstriders. Even Lor'themar seems very much a noble and virtuous character.

I don't really see the High Elf faction represent the nobility and graceful heroism that Legolas does however. Alleria did at one point, but her path changed and she wasn't there for the split. The current High Elves isolated themselves from their brethren that they felt were falling lower, clinging to a sence of nobility and purity, over the perceived lower path the Blood Elves were willing to walk. They have embraced the intolerance of Warcraft's humans, campaigning against and shunning their former people, and turning to bloodshed eager to be rid of them, during the Purge of Dalaran.

Vereesa does not strike me as a Legolas type, but as the elf of cold classical values with sense of superiority, that is exactly the type Legolas is a rebel against. The Legolas Archetype seems to be filled better by other characters.

I don't think it's the archtype that's the problem (though some degree the perception of it is). I think nostalgia is a big part of it. Despite WoW being a progressive story, there is a large desire to play things that were available in the past at some point. And another big part is Blizzard's mistake of continuously making the Silver Covenant a thing that is relevant. Without their impact over the years, I don't see the desire for playable high elves being even half this size.
    Honestly i see high elves as being strong willed and having a sense of honor or justice that goes deeper then tne BE. Doing what they must to survive as long as they retain themselves.

Hmm perhaps more rooted in the physical rather then magical world as well.

It is very different style then be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    Good thing I'm not sad or spiteful. I'm actually happy and satisfied.

Horde kept its identity, and Alliance got wrekt.
    Annd behold an immature and childish response what a surprise

Honestly i see high elves as being strong willed and having a sense of honor or justice that goes deeper then tne BE. Doing what they must to survive as long as they retain themselves.

It really isnt, and hasnt been since the end of BC when the Sunwell got restored.
    There's a very fine line between not listening, and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life. ~ Private Leonard Church

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Not really. Game devs shouldn't have to heel to their fanbase. Just because the fans want it, doesn't mean it needs to happen. If it did, then Holinka would have been gone a long time ago.
    And I pointed out that the similarity you replied with is nothing more than a coincidence. The same argument used in two different situations, one correctly and one incorrectly.

There's a gap in logic, all right.
    You are right in the giving regards to all fan complaints but to outright ignore/dismiss the majority of concerns(see skills, leveling, gcds, he vs ve and more) it is not. It is very bad game design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainFlindt View Post
    Well then imo they should make it f2p..
    Honestly....WoW already kinda feels a bit f2p..they really should or b2p

Quote Originally Posted by Byne View Post
    It really isnt, and hasnt been since the end of BC when the Sunwell got restored.
    According to Blizzard's most recently published volume of the Warcraft Chronicle (27 March 2018), this isn't actually a factual statement.

An important distinction exists in that the Blood Elves are almost exclusively descended from the population which has lived within Quel'thalas for thousands of years, decrying those living outside as either disloyal or even treasonous; whereas the High Elves are almost entirely descended from the population(s) which spent the majority of the last few millennia living abroad (specifically, alongside humanity).

Which isn't to say HE's have any justification for being depicted as visually unique, which is something that would absolutely be necessary for them to become playable, but in a narrative sense they've got plenty of reason to behave quite contrarily to the Blood Elves. This not including the various events that have unfolded since WoW's inception.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly the original divide wasnt even political. Kael'thas simply rallied every elf he could find in Quel'thalas and renamed them all blood elves. The high elves were the ones he hadnt found and rallied to his cause, not people who rejected him for being mean.
    Of course there were those that missed Kael'thas's rally, but the true divide as we know it was about mana-taping vermin.

That's not it though.

As above stated the whole divide the issue was about mana-taping.

"Five years we rot here, thrown out of our homes at your behest because we refuse to suck
    magic from living things like vampires."

-Renthar taken from In the Shadow of the Sun.

You speak of honor and justice but there was no honor in how the Silver covenant acted in the purge of Dalaran. If anything the modern HE is more defined for their hatred of BE, and that can even be seen clearly in game because most HE appearances have been reactionary to actions taken by the BE.

The simple fact is for every moment of nobility and willpower a HE displays a BE can be named who was just as noble and just as strong of spirit, the real defining characteristic of the modern HE is plain and simple. They are Alliance.

Of course there used to be more differences but since the Sunwell as been restored things have returned to normal, with that said Lore-wise the Sunwell as been for longer than the Thalassian elves went without it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    Of course there were those that missed Kael'thas's rally, but the true divide as we know it was about mana-taping vermin.
    Thing is though, neither the old website's encyclopedia nor chronicle 3 actually mention that at all. Chronicle mentions the siphoning from living creatures thing but never says it was a reason for any blood elves to leave and be high elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    the funny part is that they rly forget that the CM is there so this will just bite in their ass
    The CM is gone, whether they left on their own or was banned from the Discord, I don't know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    They are venting their frustration in their private space, not some general public forum. Everyone needs to cry over something away from others. There's no "dumping pretenses of civility" as long as it stays there, among themselves. If anything, going there to turn their venting public is way more uncivilized.
    They're venting their frustrations and using it to brigade false-reports on people they disagree with. With the CM gone, it's pretty much guaranteed to go back to that. They only stopped for about two days. https://i.imgur.com/WmrYlbH.png

Quote Originally Posted by Gentlepenguin View Post
    They're venting their frustrations and using it to brigade false-reports on people they disagree with. With the CM gone, it's pretty much guaranteed to go back to that. They only stopped for about two days. https://i.imgur.com/WmrYlbH.png
    And? Let them do it. Unless you want to act as the internet police, who cares what they do in their safe space? If they want to disrupt other forums there are mods and CMs to handle them.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    - Keeper Annals

Considering we were told Legion style Legendaries weren't going anywhere for 2 Q&As before being told they'd be gone due to unrelenting feedback. I foresee the same will happen here. They literally have identical Pandaren on both factions, having Blood elves with team colored eyes isn't a good enough reason. Same thing with Zandalari dino forms.

That said, while I disagree with Ion's views, it is what it is. If it changes in the future I'll be happy, if not I'll still happily play BfA

Deleted
    I've started to like Void Elves, once I saw that their hair looks really cool ingame and once I understood that they're actually a group of Blood Elves rather than High Elves, which leaves the High Elves as a group intact and part of the Alliance.

So I think it's only a matter of time until they give the High Elves to the Alliance, since they already broke down the barrier by giving them the Blood Elf model with the Void Elves. I think the philosophy behind the Allied Races is, "let's just be a bit more liberal about what races we give to players, let's just do what is fun, what players want".

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Brown View Post
    I've started to like Void Elves, once I saw that their hair looks really cool ingame and once I understood that they're actually a group of Blood Elves rather than High Elves, which leaves the High Elves as a group intact and part of the Alliance.

So I think it's only a matter of time until they give the High Elves to the Alliance, since they already broke down the barrier by giving them the Blood Elf model with the Void Elves. I think the philosophy behind the Allied Races is, "let's just be a bit more liberal about what races we give to players, let's just do what is fun, what players want".
    Void elves were literally Blizz saying "We know you guys want high elves, and we dont want to give them to you, but we'll compromise and give you void elves"

We arent getting high elves.

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Considering we were told Legion style Legendaries weren't going anywhere for 2 Q&As before being told they'd be gone due to unrelenting feedback. I foresee the same will happen here.
    Do you have a source for that?
    - Keeper Annals

Deleted
    Void elves were literally Blizz saying "We know you guys want high elves, and we dont want to give them to you, but we'll compromise and give you void elves"

We arent getting high elves.
    I think Blizzard just thought it's a cooler idea. They probably thought High Elves wouldn't look different enough from Blood Elves, which is a good point. But I also think, as with everything else in WoW, if you keep asking for it, you'll get it. With Allied Races it would be easy enough to implement, and there is really no reason not to do it at this point.