Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Raid Gear will not have distinct looks between the classes.

There will be one appearance per armor type in raids, but they will be able to make many more sets for the game.

So that means all the gear from raids will be just like Trial of the Grand Crusader, where all clothies get the same models but different colors, plate same models different colors etc. The excuse being that they want to theme the gear more after the raid than the class, I dont know about you but I -hated- ToGC Tier gear, and the fact that we all looked the same across armor types. Obviously its merely a nitpick in a game the size of WoW but I wanted to see if anyone else is dissapointed with where they are going with tier gear visuals.

Armory^

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    There will be one appearance per armor type in raids, but they will be able to make many more sets for the game.

So that means all the gear from raids will be just like Trial of the Grand Crusader, where all clothies get the same models but different colors, plate same models different colors etc. The excuse being that they want to theme the gear more after the raid than the class, I dont know about you but I -hated- ToGC Tier gear, and the fact that we all looked the same across armor types. Obviously its merely a nitpick in a game the size of WoW but I wanted to see if anyone else is dissapointed with where they are going with tier gear visuals.
    1 of the 8 expansions will have class specific gear. I think I'll survive.

10+ Year Old Account
    over the years i have pretty mush stopped caring about the look of armour pieces, i make my own 'sets' with transmog using mostly old armour items, meaning new armour models don't really interest me, so personally i don't care what they do with armour aesthetics, i would rather they go back and update the old armour models that are clearly in desperate need of updating than make new stuff for the sake of making new stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    1 of the 8 expansions will have class specific gear. I think I'll survive.
    Huh. 7/8 have had class specific gear not 1/8. I think you meant 1/8 with armor type specific gear and in that case for those of us playing DH that leaves us with 3 possible sets to fit class fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    So that means all the gear from raids will be just like Trial of the Grand Crusader.
    The crusader armor was awesome though for faction pride stuff, I'm still using the leather set come BfA for my alliance themed rogue mog.

I doubt there will be any less armor variety, they're just mixing it up a bit by making it be area themed rather than class themed for an expansion. Kul'tiran armor, zandalari armor, horde/alliance stuff from warfronts, that sort of thing.

I consider it fair enough with them saying "there's plenty of class fantasy armor out there right now if that's what you're going for" except for poor demon hunters. I have three non-artifact glaive appearances. THREE!!

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    Huh. 7/8 have had class specific gear not 1/8. I think you meant 1/8 with armor type specific gear and in that case for those of us playing DH that leaves us with 3 possible sets to fit class fantasy.
    Typo. I'll leave it there as a badge of shame.

I'm ok with it as long as it means we're actually going to see a wide variety of unique sets vs the excessive amount of recoloring we have now.

I think it'll be good to get some different themes for sets. It's likely some of them will end up feeling more like paladin or warlock sets for example, but I think it's a good opportunity for more variety. There's no way we've seen the last of class sets, so I don't see any reason for panic.

i like the idea of gear being raid themed, they did that with weapons for god knows how many expansions (probably all of them), and now weapons will actually match most of the sets

7+ Year Old Account
    I can see why people are ruffled by this.

(1.) To some this comes off as lazy and fuels the disdain a lot of players have towards Blizzard's developers already. This coupled with a lack of tier set bonuses in BFA almost becomes the "icing on the cake" of hate.
    (2.) Those who do not care too much for transmogrification and genuinely enjoy the armor art have nothing to look forward to.

Nothing game breaking for me. I'll end up transmogging anyway.

its too bad the first raids gear looks like it was just taken from rift...the gear looks so boring and uninspired

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    The crusader armor was awesome though for faction pride stuff, I'm still using the leather set come BfA for my alliance themed rogue mog.

I doubt there will be any less armor variety, they're just mixing it up a bit by making it be area themed rather than class themed for an expansion. Kul'tiran armor, zandalari armor, horde/alliance stuff from warfronts, that sort of thing.

I consider it fair enough with them saying "there's plenty of class fantasy armor out there right now if that's what you're going for" except for poor demon hunters. I have three non-artifact glaive appearances. THREE!!
    And all gear will be high quality like raid gear, from dungeons, warfronts, island expeditions, dungeons, PvP and raids, as well as leveling gear. Seem like there will be plenty of unique gear to choose from.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    People complained about the look of pretty much every tier armour, hell...I bet there are guys out there who just hate Judgement T2. Now they complain how raid tier looks the same.
    Never liked the Judgment set. I don't complain, I'd rather transmog. It takes less energy than complaining.

Lazy design. Seems to be the norm for Blizzard these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkers View Post
    Lazy design. Seems to be the norm for Blizzard these days.
    @SHUMEGGAH @det

Here's your culprit of said point 1, with the complainers and the "lazy" argument.

Funny as shit really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    Plenty of sets have not been very class specific. Some have been outright weird. You have 3 class specific sets and a ton of sets that jsut ingeneral look cool. YOu pick a completely new class. THats up to you. Stuff like that might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah...idiots who don't think and...extra funny...make lazy points where they just drool out a couple of words.
    Yeah the irony in it, is pretty hilarious haha. "Blizzard are so lazy"... Nothing else? Just that?

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Plenty of sets have not been very class specific. Some have been outright weird. You have 3 class specific sets and a ton of sets that jsut ingeneral look cool. YOu pick a completely new class. THats up to you. Stuff like that might happen.
    I know I can work around it and play something else, just saying that it's not 7 sets of sets but 1 expansion with 3 sets.

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    I can see why people are ruffled by this.

(1.) To some this comes off as lazy and fuels the disdain a lot of players have towards Blizzard's developers already. This coupled with a lack of tier set bonuses in BFA almost becomes the "icing on the cake" of hate.
    (2.) Those who do not care too much for transmogrification and genuinely enjoy the armor art have nothing to look forward to.

Nothing game breaking for me. I'll end up transmogging anyway.
    Yeah I'd say I fall under 2, I loved seeing the new tier sets coming out for all the classes, moreso for warlock but the art of the armor was always something to look forward to, added to the 'interesting' playstyles the new set bonuses would encourage, maybe even find motivation to level an alt to get those tier bonuses to play around with unique mechanics. It is what it is, we will have to see what they're giving us.

Armory^

It's been known since blizzcon. Got upset, then I got over it.

You have to keep in mind that more things will get their own unique armor models now. In Legion, Emerald Nightmare and Nighthold gear looked the same, but now the gear from the Azshara raid will look different from the on from the one in Uldir, and on top of that there are the Warfronts sets and leveling and dungeon gear that looks notably more high quality. So things will be balanced out on launch. It remains to be seen how they'll handle gear in future patches; personally I hope different Warfronts will give different sets later on, like Night Elf and Tauren/Undead/Darkspear/Goblin themed sets for the one in Feralas.