Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I didn’t like the strand of the ancient battleground I am very they removed it .

Strand was an awesome bg. Why didn’t they remove IoC? That was the real shit show that everyone blacklisted.

Deleted
    I think removal of Strand of the Ancients is just temporary. I hope...

Quote Originally Posted by KajiSagara View Post
    horde like it
    Rogues used to (and may still as I have not run it in years) like it because they could shadow step the cannons and get to the end real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by KajiSagara View Post
    horde like it
    i'm horde and i completely abhor the damn place. where did you get that bit from?

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Should we also remove Trial of the Crusader since it was universally disliked ?
    Or certain Quests, Objectives or Npc's because they are universally disliked ?
    Or to use their example from the latest Q&A with the GCD change (which is universally disliked. Shall we remove that too ?
    You don't have the data to know if those things are universally disliked.

Trial of the Crusader was fun and the GCD change doesn't bother me one bit. Have you actually played on Alpha/Beta? It's really not game changing.

Blizzard does have the data to know if certain things are universally disliked. If 95% of the PVP population has Strands blocked, then its removal makes sense.

Personally, I loved Strands. But whatevs, out with the old and in with the new.

I liked Strand but I can understand it's removal as it was simply too balanced between the factions and Blizzard had no way to put the best stuff closer to Alliance spawn.
    Jokes aside, the biggest mistake Blizzard made when they implemented vehicles in Battlegrounds was making the vehicles feel weak. Getting in one was a chore, you were taking the job nobody else wanted to do because you felt like a big weak target while operating one. Meanwhile everyone else is fighting and having fun playing their class while you aim and press 1 repeatedly until you blow up.
    Look at any other war game, players tend to race to the vehicles and fight over who gets to pilot them.

And yes, I realize that they're meant to be SIEGE vehicles and aren't meant to attack the enemy players but at the very least some additional abilities like dropping caltrops or throwing slowing oil/tar would break up the tedium and add some strategy to piloting them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesahaettr View Post
    I know I'm in the minority but I quite liked SoTA. personally, I have IoC and AV blacklisted. I just hate the former and AV was pretty crap last I played.
    It felt gimmicky at first, but it did grew on me over time. More than just pure zerg is always welcome imho

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy... deleting a bg. This is a new low even for them. First deleting talent trees, then entire spellbooks, now bgs. In a year, they will be deleting specs and classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good riddance. I hated it when the weekend rolled around and the BG of the weekend is strand. I'd take any BG over that one.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Removing content is just bullshit.
    SotA was definitely not my most hated BG, so why remove it for people that like it?
    Just exclude it from the random bg list but make it still available for direct sign up; where's the problem blizzard?

Remove Isle not strand.

Deleted
    Good thing that SotA is gone, too bad they leave the even bigger crap in the game (IoC).

when content is removed they should give every single player some blizzard balance back, i paid for that xpac, that bg, i want it back give me money. of course this statement is retarded, that matches perfectly with the removal of a BG, so i was merely speaking in a style blizzard knows best.

They don't owe you anything, they have the statistics behind it and they would know its the worse BG/most blacklisted one so they remove it, great choice as I fucking hated it too

I'm one of those who ALWAYS blacklists SotA, It's easily my most hated BG. That being said why remove it? Why not leave it in for those who enjoy it and don't blacklist it? Personally I love AV, but I usually blacklist it when random queing as I just want to get into some quick matches, not have to endure a possible turtle time waster, it's fun when you have the time for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sforza View Post
    Oh boy... deleting a bg. This is a new low even for them. First deleting talent trees, then entire spellbooks, now bgs. In a year, they will be deleting specs and classes.
    This is pretty hyperbolic to say the least. Strand is by FAR the most blacklisted BG, it tops the list of nearly every poll of least favorite BG. The last statistics I saw had 47% of players blacklisting it. They next most blacklisted? AV at 17%.

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    This is pretty hyperbolic to say the least. Strand is by FAR the most blacklisted BG, it tops the list of nearly every poll of least favorite BG. The last statistics I saw had 47% of players blacklisting it. They next most blacklisted? AV at 17%.
    By that same stat though, that would mean 53% of ppl arent blacklisting that map and are fine with playing on it. I can understand it's definitely disliked but it's not even a majority of players at that point. If 80% of players were blacklisting a map i could definitely agree they should move it out of the core pvp rotation, but at least leave it as a seperate queue like Ashran or Wintergrasp.

Quote Originally Posted by untrentide View Post
    By that same stat though, that would mean 53% of ppl arent blacklisting that map and are fine with playing on it. I can understand it's definitely disliked but it's not even a majority of players at that point. If 80% of players were blacklisting a map i could definitely agree they should move it out of the core pvp rotation, but at least leave it as a seperate queue like Ashran or Wintergrasp.
    I can totally see your logic there, and I think we both make a good point. Honestly though, If they were to re-tool it I think it could be fine. I have a feeling they will bring it back as a brawl.

Deleted
    Now that Ion Hazzikostas wants to remove unpopular content, I suggest he removes unpopular content creators. Starting with himself.