Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Concepts like these are always a pleasure to read! I'd personally love a return to proper single player for Warcraft in some form or another at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I like that idea.
    I'm actually really enjoying the ideas for how to make the human distinct while keeping their identities somewhat familiar.

With Stormwind, I'm conceptualizing more of a semi-Renaissance, Mediterranean feel. Elwynn being more of a Mediterranean woodland with Westfall being Mediterranean savanna (like in South Spain) and Redridge being semi-desert due to the winds blowing firery ash from the Burning Steppes.

Anduin dying as an old man to some void lord or whatever and leaving his kingdom to his unexperienced son who has been forced to resort to pretty atrocious tactics to hold his kingdom together and keep the right people wealthy. The nobles would be more luxuriously dressed, with lace collars and cuffs or long, silk and gold gowns. While most commoners would dress more plainly.

Meanwhile, Stromgarde would have more of an Anglo-Saxon motif, being much more ancient. Stromic guardsman having Sutton Hoo-like helmets with long, fur-lined capes and eagle-hilted longswords.

I like the idea of Danath Trollbane having had an illegitimate son who would rise to recreate the Trollbane Dynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Honestly I'm divided on how exactly each race would be implemented, whether it would be a race system where you customize a character or its more cinematic/campaign-oriented where you choose a character from each race with an already established backstory. Any ideas?
    Had some busy days so i couldn't answer before,but i think that your second choice would be pretty interesting as it would give much room for character growth like in a true RPG as we make choice while progressing in the game,the only contraindications is that there is some risk of failing into cliches and mary sueness.

Some questions:

The playable races in this concept would be the same or would you add some? And what about Allied Races? There is a lot of untouched potential with these

What's the state of the Broken Isles?

What's the state of the major evil factions like the Burning Legion,the Void,the Old Gods,the Emerald Nightmare,the Elemental Lords,ecc?

Do you think you will add more continents to Azeroth? I think there could be some space for things like:
    -the Moons,the Ethereals could be colonizing them,there could be exotic civilizations like sentient dinosaurs,etc
    -I always felt that Azeroth missed an Arabian/African continents,like Elsewyr,so it could be worth adding one,i do have some ideas for it who include wildebeest tauren,necromantic gnolls,ecc.
    -Seafloor zones that could have been brought above by Azshara with all kind of marine creatures.

Also some time ago i made a list of how technology and magic could develop for each race so if you're interested in that i could send it to you for more inspiration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello!

I just saw your PM and Choppersan's tag into the concept and I must say that although I'm not a very good RTS player (W3 *cough*) and not good either at describing relationships between races and the like, I might as well throw out some ideas or questions (or pinpoint stuff that would be nice to see).

I don't think Outland should be completely destroyed. There's some good potential in there. However, there are a few things you haven't spoken of, so here are some more questions about Outland.

And the Nether Dragonflight (and Azerothian Dragons too?)

Would Ogres have redeveloped Gorian culture? And the ones in Ogri'la?

How are Ethereals living and organized after diminishing Dimensius in Netherstorm? In fact, what has become of Netherstorm and the Manaforges?

Will Auchindoun be cleansed?

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Quote Originally Posted by Choppersan View Post
    Had some busy days so i couldn't answer before,but i think that your second choice would be pretty interesting as it would give much room for character growth like in a true RPG as we make choice while progressing in the game,the only contraindications is that there is some risk of failing into cliches and mary sueness.

Some questions:

The playable races in this concept would be the same or would you add some? And what about Allied Races? There is a lot of untouched potential with these
    I'm not entirely sure when it comes to what races will be playable outside of the normal races, but so far:
    - Humans (Kingdom Variants)
    - Dwarves (Mountain, Wild and Dark)
    - Gnomes
    - Draenei (Draenei, Broken, Lost Ones)
    - Orcs (Clan Variant)
    - Trolls (Subspecies Variant)
    - Thalassian Elves
    - Undead (Ressurected Corspe, Skeleton, Vampyr)
    - Night Elves
    - Pandaren
    - Goblin
    - Tauren (Tribal Variant)

Unsure
    - Ogre
    - Vrykul
    - Naga
    - Arakkoa

What's the state of the Broken Isles?
    Well, Suramar has remained relatively close to Quel'thalas while Highmountain has more or less remained in a very distant alliance with the Plains Tauren, but really don't show up outside of Highmountain. Tideskorn Vrykul established formal diplomatic relations with the Wildhammer Dwarves.

The Broken Isles themselves won't ideally show up in-game until a significant time though. My main idea was to have each race pretty much operate within their own sphere of content with some later content overlapping (orc and tauren, tauren and night elf, night elf and draenei, etc).

What's the state of the major evil factions like the Burning Legion,the Void,the Old Gods,the Emerald Nightmare,the Elemental Lords,ecc?
    I figured the game would take place some years after a war with the Void Lords, a war where many great heroes fell. The Elemental Lords would sort of just remain in their planes, but I actually had the idea of having the Dark Iron Dwarves summoning Ahune, unintentionally plunging parts of Blackrock Mountain and surrounding areas into a war between ice and fire elementals, similar to Frostfire Ridge.

It goes without saying though that I would want this to be about the smaller stories, adventurers apart of a world they can only do so much to control and not a new world ending threat every year.

Do you think you will add more continents to Azeroth? I think there could be some space for things like:
    -the Moons,the Ethereals could be colonizing them,there could be exotic civilizations like sentient dinosaurs,etc
    -I always felt that Azeroth missed an Arabian/African continents,like Elsewyr,so it could be worth adding one,i do have some ideas for it who include wildebeest tauren,necromantic gnolls,ecc.
    -Seafloor zones that could have been brought above by Azshara with all kind of marine creatures.
    For African/Oriental themes, I definitely think Southern Kalimdor and Southern Azeroth (the subcontinent of the Eastern Kingdoms) definitely has the capability to fill that void.

As for new continents, eh, maybe as rumors here and there to be explored, but I want the bulk of adventures to take place somewhere in the Old World save for the ice trolls, pandaren and forsaken (and maybe vrykul). I like the idea of Azshara having raised island chains out of the sea though, maybe with species of coral having adapted to terrestrial life.

Also some time ago i made a list of how technology and magic could develop for each race so if you're interested in that i could send it to you for more inspiration.
    Sure!

- - - Updated - - -

Thinking about it more, maybe this thread should be moved to the lore forum. @Aucald

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    Hello!

I just saw your PM and Choppersan's tag into the concept and I must say that although I'm not a very good RTS player (W3 *cough*) and not good either at describing relationships between races and the like, I might as well throw out some ideas or questions (or pinpoint stuff that would be nice to see).

I don't think Outland should be completely destroyed. There's some good potential in there. However, there are a few things you haven't spoken of, so here are some more questions about Outland.

And the Nether Dragonflight (and Azerothian Dragons too?)

Would Ogres have redeveloped Gorian culture? And the ones in Ogri'la?

How are Ethereals living and organized after diminishing Dimensius in Netherstorm? In fact, what has become of Netherstorm and the Manaforges?

Will Auchindoun be cleansed?
    Sorry for my late response!

Ogres have largely divided themselves into two groups focused around two major cities: Stonemaul City, built off the ruins of Theramore and Dire Maul, ruled by the less Horde-leaning Gordunni Ogres.

As for ethereals, I have to admit I haven't really thought of their place here yet

Outland in itself won't be destroyed in a technical sense, but will just crumble apart to the point where pretty much nobody wants to live there anymore.

The bulk of draenei and kin will have colonized Azuremyst and turned it into a proper Draenei/Eredar homeland with villages, cities and temples.

I'm not entirely sure when it comes to what races will be playable outside of the normal races, but so far:
    - Humans (Kingdom Variants)
    - Dwarves (Mountain, Wild and Dark)
    - Gnomes
    - Draenei (Draenei, Broken, Lost Ones)
    Lost Ones are more like animals. They can't be playable without some purification storyline.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Lost Ones are more like animals. They can't be playable without some purification storyline.
    True, I sort of forgot about the fact that they're a bit more mentally deficit than Broken.

35 years isn't enough for timeskip. As we have seen, God-emperor Manduin will fight with void in his sixtys, so he will rule in year 70. He will have just 55 years. You need to increase timeskip to kill "a prophetic monarch".
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Deleted
    @Atethecat

I really like this concept. To be blunt, it would be a refreshing change to distance ourselves from universe destroying threats and return to local problems.
    Also, I like that you gave Orc clans their new homelands, and therefore given way for a Orc clan specific culture to evolve on Azeroth. The restoration of ancient Troll kingdoms would be a welcome sight indeed.

One really small question, what is the status of Satyr and Naga races in your world?

Quote Originally Posted by Prabog View Post
    @Atethecat

I really like this concept. To be blunt, it would be a refreshing change to distance ourselves from universe destroying threats and return to local problems.
    Also, I like that you gave Orc clans their new homelands, and therefore given way for a Orc clan specific culture to evolve on Azeroth. The restoration of ancient Troll kingdoms would be a welcome sight indeed.

One really small question, what is the status of Satyr and Naga races in your world?
    I had an idea of various "kingdoms" of naga forming after Azshara's death, silently warring with the makrura, murloc and jinyu for supremacy under the waves. Like @Choppersan said, it would also be interesting to have had Azshara raise islands out of the sea with marine species adapted to survive there.

Chopper also suggested jinyu colonizing Vashj'ir which is an interesting concept.

As for satyrs, I sort of just imagined them remaining in Northern Kalimdor (and Broken Isles) scattered as minor threats.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Took me a while to read over. I honestly like the reformed Quel’thalas, I believe void elves and to an extent high elves would be second class citizens. Have you given thought to possible Nightborne integration into Thasslassian society?

I’m curious to see if you re work the Forsaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

I'll definitely look into contacting him.

Thanks and I have a lot of creature ideas.

Honestly I'm divided on how exactly each race would be implemented, whether it would be a race system where you customize a character or its more cinematic/campaign-oriented where you choose a character from each race with an already established backstory. Any ideas?
    IT worked well for Dragon Age Origins

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Took me a while to read over. I honestly like the reformed Quel’thalas, I believe void elves and to an extent high elves would be second class citizens. Have you given thought to possible Nightborne integration into Thasslassian society?
    I think I had the idea of Suramar becoming an allied kingdom, possibly with a Shal'dorei District would be a nice touch, but I think Quel'thalas and Suramar should stay soverign nations.

As for the void/high/blood elf divide, I had the idea of high elves and blood elves joining together to create a new elven identity (I've just been calling them Thalassian elves for simplicity's sake but I'm open to suggestions for a more official Thalassian name). As for void elves...well, I honestly find myself actually being invested enough in them to justify their existence here outside of maybe a few individuals.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2018-05-01 at 12:20 AM.

I had an idea of various "kingdoms" of naga forming after Azshara's death, silently warring with the makrura, murloc and jinyu for supremacy under the waves. Like @Choppersan said, it would also be interesting to have had Azshara raise islands out of the sea with marine species adapted to survive there.

Chopper also suggested jinyu colonizing Vashj'ir which is an interesting concept.

As for satyrs, I sort of just imagined them remaining in Northern Kalimdor (and Broken Isles) scattered as minor threats.
    With all the the islands raised by Azshara,pieces of Outland falling into the seas of Azeroth,unused islands like Tel'abim or Crestfall receiving more space,i can see definitely the seas of Azeroth getting more and more crowded,perhaps evolving into a future united supercontinent.

As for the Naga raising islands,there were canon locations which could be used like:Boiling Terrace,Drowned Reaches,Gishan Caverns,Pillar Deep,Mak'aru.

I have a little idea for the main seat of the Naga:Azshardrassil. The crown of Azshara, the palace of the naga queen. In some sort of twisted irony, Azshara ordered to build a giant marble statue of a world tree atop the main spire of her palace.

7+ Year Old Account
    - Establishment of the Theron Dynasty
    - King Lor'themar Theron and Queen Liadrin
    12. New Pandaren Empire
    - A new imperial dynasty is established, to lead Pandaria into an increasingly violent world

Anyone available to make fan made maps? I don't have photoshop. @Azalar or @Golden Yak ? I would love to talk about possible zone designs.

I had the idea of the gnomes contuining to tunnel underground and discover various caverns and possibly even ruins and chambers. Glowing stalagmites, the skeletons of giant creatures, expansive diamond minds, etc.

For the Azuremyst Isles I had the idea of expanding the size of the isles with Ammen Vale, Silvermyst Isle, Azuremyst and Bloodmyst becoming sparsely populated with villages like those in (AU) Shadowmoon Valley with ata'mal or traditional Draenor/Argus-architecture cities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone available to make fan made maps? I don't have photoshop. @Azalar or @Golden Yak ? I would love to talk about possible zone designs.
    Hello Ate. I'm afraid I won't be able to make any map. Those take a fair amount of time to make and I'm in a situation in which my free time to make maps is rather scarce, sorry

If I can help in brainstorming or taking other decisions about the design other than making the map I'll be up for it.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Updated the OP with a slightly more detailed overview of the orc clans. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to suggest them, this is honestly a pretty open project.

Cool update,you should continue it for the other sections!

Just some quick ideas:
    1)A radical order of night elves Druids based on insectsile forms colonizing the ruins of Ahn'Qiraj,they believe that life must be tested and shaped in order to survive.
    2)Tel'Abim,a shrine island with statues of the Loa like Easter Island,perhaps have it inhabited by Trolls who permanently evolved into humanoid dinosaurs.
    3)Westfall becoming verdant once again thanks to the Gnolls reconnecting with their Wild God.
    4)With some magic shenanigans the Forsaken give back to the elven spirits imprisoned in Crystalsong Forest their bodies.
    5)A Mercurial Elemental Plane born from the 4 others interconnecting.
    6)Since the dragons are disappearing,maybe have the Kingdom of Quel'thalas take the Nexus bring it to Quel'danas to empower the Sunwell.
    7)Since Grimtotem are becoming semi-maritimal they could evolve into Gaurs.
    8)Stonetalon Mountain could have the Centaurs,Kobolds,Harpies all gathering together to defend from the other races in Kalimdor.
    9)Grim Batol being rebuilt as the capital city of the Dwarves,with features from all dwarves clans.
    10)Odyn bringing back the Halls of Valor to Ulduar,with consequent emigration of Vrykul to it.
    11)Val'sharah becoming a center for purified Satyrs
    12)Earthens colonizing Deepholm under Magni.
    13)Having the Monkey King and a Carp Wild God for the Jinyu,a Fox Wild God for the Vulpera,a Turtle Wild God for the Tortollans ascending to the rank of August Celestial,colonization of the Dread Wastes after tearing down the Serpent's Spine.
    14)A Yamabushi shamanistic Pandaren faction in the mountains who refuse civilization and prefer the company of yeti and elements.
    15)Tuskarr evolving into a counterpart to Goblin developing eco friendly technology and being the only one true neutral faction as they would act as a shipping commercial company between all continents.
    16)Humanoid tigers based on Gurkhas for Xuen emerging in Pandaria,and humanoid ninja cranes for Chi-ji.
    17)A floating Kvaldir kingdom made up of wrecked ships,a kingdom of humanoid sharks,or a coral island covered in giant shells inhabited by Makrura matriarchs,as some ideas for sea kingdoms.
    Last edited by Choppersan; 2018-05-03 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Choppersan View Post
    Cool update,you should continue it for the other sections!

Just some quick ideas:
    1)A radical order of night elves Druids based on insectsile forms colonizing the ruins of Ahn'Qiraj,they believe that life must be tested and shaped in order to survive.
    Insectoid druids? I like it! I actually had an idea for a reformed Druid of the Flame being passed down to Dark Irons and Blackrocks by the few individual flame druid survivors.

I had another, similar idea where the Bleeding Hollow Clan start incorporating sacrificed silithids into their blood rituals after colonizing Feralas, maybe something else could come out of that?
    2)Tel'Abim,a shrine island with statues of the Loa like Easter Island,perhaps have it inhabited by Trolls who permanently evolved into humanoid dinosaurs.
    I like this idea too! Maybe they could be Zandalari trolls that have 'ascended' to a new state of being. Like the pinnacle of loa-worshippers.

I actually a similar idea with jungle trolls. Similar to how certain druidic orders take on the aspect of animals due to prolonged time in the Emerald Dream, I actually thought of the idea of 'loa-touched' trolls (probably Shadow Hunters or Druids). For example, 'Shirvallah-touched' trolls would have feint stripes, 'Hir'eek-touched' trolls would have red eyes and more bat-like ears.
    6)Since the dragons are disappearing,maybe have the Kingdom of Quel'thalas take the Nexus bring it to Quel'danas to empower the Sunwell.
    This would be an interesting concept, but I doubt the blue dragons would allow that without a fight, no matter how few in numbers they are.
    7)Since Grimtotem are becoming semi-maritimal they could evolve into Gaurs.
    I played around with a similar concept for the Dawnchaser tribe staying in Pandaria into the Krasarang Wilds and developing into some sort of 'Southeast Asian tauren' either gaur, banteng or water buffalo-based.
    8)Stonetalon Mountain could have the Centaurs,Kobolds,Harpies all gathering together to defend from the other races in Kalimdor.
    Another idea I like!
    9)Grim Batol being rebuilt as the capital city of the Dwarves,with features from all dwarves clans.
    I like the idea of Grim Batol becoming the Wildhammer capital again after the destruction of Aerie Peak and the defeat of the Dragonmaw.
    11)Val'sharah becoming a center for purified Satyrs
    Can satyrs actually become purified? I know there's a quest where a satyr is turned back into a night elf by Elune...
    13)Having the Monkey King and a Carp Wild God for the Jinyu,a Fox Wild God for the Vulpera,a Turtle Wild God for the Tortollans ascending to the rank of August Celestial,colonization of the Dread Wastes after tearing down the Serpent's Spine.
    I know the tortollan worship Torga (a loa) and probably Tortolla (an Ancient Guardian) but I could see some tortollan colonizing Pandaria as well as Un'Goro Crater as in Hearthstone.
    14)A Yamabushi shamanistic Pandaren faction in the mountains who refuse civilization and prefer the company of yeti and elements.
    Another thing I like! I had a concept for pandaren druids, basically monks that found ways to enter the Emerald Dream, becoming 'dreamwalkers'.
    15)Tuskarr evolving into a counterpart to Goblin developing eco friendly technology and being the only one true neutral faction as they would act as a shipping commercial company between all continents.
    What do think of colonies of tuskarr colonizing Pandaria and maybe swearing fealty to the new dynasty? I like the idea of Pandaria basically becoming a continent for beast races with races based off of various Central/East/Southeast Asia cultures in addition to different regional pandaren cultures. More jungle-adapted pandaren based off of the more subtropical regions of China like Yunnan. Tibetan-themed pandaren in Kun-Lai Summit.
    17)A floating Kvaldir kingdom made up of wrecked ships,a kingdom of humanoid sharks,or a coral island covered in giant shells inhabited by Makrura matriarchs,as some ideas for sea kingdoms.
    Another thing that would be cool! Although I like the idea of this being more of a perceived mythical thing. Like sailor legends of a kingdom built of ships that roam the seas at night. I had the idea of rumored murloc marine fish variants like sharks and frogfish based off of reports by jinyu scholars.

-----

One thing I want to stress is that this project is from the perspective of the mortal races of Azeroth. I definitely want to expand Azeroth x100 but what will primarily be focused on with conceptual gameplay and whatnot will ultimately only be 1/4 of Azeroth, to make the world feel more massive and mysterious.