Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I’ll always main Horde. And yes, the faction war is way more fun than Argus, or the Legion, or whatever other bad guy of the week they come up with. Northrend was the only time I cared about another threat.

I am definitely an alliance at heart.

For one, I play human males in every RPG or MMORPG I play. I like being able to relate to my character, it makes me feel more interested and immersed. I have tried doing it otherwise and I literally have no motivation to pursue any optional content.

I prefer the medieval fantasy theme over the monster tribal theme by so much it isn't even close.

While the Alliance has corrupt politics and such, I like that they generally are the more peaceful faction.

I've always seen the Horde as outcasts and underdogs. However since the inclusion of Blood Elves, this sort of ruined the underdog feel for the Horde. I am sort of glad after a decade, Blizzard is pushing the Horde in a new direction. Maybe its time the Horde embraces being ruthless, and barbaric

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I've always seen the Horde as outcasts and underdogs. However since the inclusion of Blood Elves, this sort of ruined the underdog feel for the Horde. I am sort of glad after a decade, Blizzard is pushing the Horde in a new direction. Maybe its time the Horde embraces being ruthless, and barbaric
    Agreed. They really aren’t underdogs if they’ve been on equal footing with the other major power for the past 15 years.

With different leaders come different directions. That’s why Baine isn’t Warchief cause that direction would be boring as fuck.
    Last edited by Broken Fox; 2018-04-28 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GeraldHerald View Post
    And how they will keep all the loose threads from entangling into a huge mess, with all that lore.
    Exactly

inb4 more retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    That's what I always liked about the Empire on SWTOR, the game making it clear that, yes, you are on the villainous side but there's also a lot of grey mixed in to prevent your side being pitched black. That's what the Horde actually is, but Blizzard insist it isn't.
    It's funny, in another discussion I was in I asked if folks thought WoW felt justified to do "the evil faction" based on precedents like the Empire in SWTOR and the darkelves/trolls/ogres in EverQuest, and I often say that the horde was initially the faction pitched at people that played that EQ evil faction.

I think the horde gets "dicked around" in direction overall, from "evil faction" to "shades of grey" and back again, and I don't really think it's fair to them.

That said, IF they are going back to "evil faction," that perhaps leaves some tauren and some bloodknight players in a position to perhaps... belong more in the alliance, depending on their concept. That's how I came to post this thread.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2018-04-28 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    That said, IF they are going back to "evil faction," that perhaps leaves some tauren and some bloodknight players in a position to perhaps... belong more in the alliance, depending on their concept. That's how I came to post this thread.
    TBF, blood knights are nothing like Ally paladins, they actually despise their Ally "counterpart" I'm not sure if blood knights want other paladins to just drop dead, but they see them as false/fake paladins. Blood knights say that their light is THE light and their way of using the light is the only correct way of doing it.

#JustZealotThings
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-04-28 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Wow, night elves in alliance never made sense to me either. They'd feel way more at home with the orcs and especially the tauren. To think we could have blood elves in the alliance right now and night elves on the horde and there wouldn't be this whole crap fest arguing on both sides! Way to go Blizzard.
    Nightelves in the Horde simply wasn't a possibility back then. On account of WC3, the Horde kinda shows up in their forests, immediately starts chopping down trees, and then slays Cenarius (+ plenty of elves) when he tries to stop them.

Bad blood on first contact. And we all know Malfurion and Tyrande are good at grudges

Deleted
    Given that I despise the faction conflict, dishonorable combat and desecration of the fallen, clearly the Horde is not the faction for me anymore. Not that I can really change though since I've been Horde ever since WoW's release, and I don't know anyone on the Alliance. I would probably be better off switching to a different game over switching to the Alliance since I don't make friends easily.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    Nightelves in the Horde simply wasn't a possibility back then. On account of WC3, the Horde kinda shows up in their forests, immediately starts chopping down trees, and then slays Cenarius (+ plenty of elves) when he tries to stop them.

Bad blood on first contact. And we all know Malfurion and Tyrande are good at grudges
    They did fight side by side against Archimonde so they could in theory have put their differences aside if Blizzard had wanted them to.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    TBF, blood knights are nothing like Ally paladins, they actually despise their Ally "counterpart" I'm not sure if blood knights want other paladins to just drop dead, but they see them as false/fake paladins. Blood knights say that their light is THE light and their way of using the light is the only correct way of doing it.

#JustZealotThings
    Was there any sign of that in the last.. dunno 8 years? I can't remember reading any of that recently, certainly not in the paladin order hall.

I would play Horde if I could feel like something more than an inhumane savage in the process but I can't atm.

Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post

Well 10 years passed and it would have probably made for more interesting stories inside the faction than it would ever have made for the faction conflict plot. Edit: If they had gone that way then they also wouldn't have needed to pussify the NEs, they could have essentially been a softer version of TES:X Bosmer.

The real reason was that they absolutely wanted the ugly = evil divide between the factions. BEs was them realizing that many people just don't want to play as ugly ass characters with (even more) goofy animations.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2018-04-28 at 05:30 PM.

Deleted
    i play alliance only beucase of humans, and not because of their racials either. If it were up to me, id choose to be a neutral human

This is game is supposed to be about war against factions (with some fragile peace here and there), but game have been too soft so far. Blizz need to crank it up a notch, some more valuable resources (like water, food, e.t.c.), more drama and intrigues.. damm.. this is too peace loving game already. On the other hand.. who knows.

Horde have the best PvE racials. And I'm a dick.

So nope I'm in the right faction.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My attitude changes between my classes not my faction.

I would like to join the banshee queen but I have Alliance friends to play with.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

When I started into WoW I went Horde. Primary reasons? I loved Sylvanas in WC3 and I don't like gnomes. I know the latter is a lame/stupid reason. I started in BC though, so Blood Elves were a thing. And that's what I went with. As I played through the early quest areas in Eversong Woods and ran my mage over to Death Knell to get acquainted with the Forsaken and my Banshee Queen. I generally liked the Horde side. I loved Thrall as Warchief then, he was fair but still kicked butt. I loved Cairne, the wise old adviser type. Vol'jin was interesting. Lor'themar... well, he was just Sylvanas' whipping boy.

As the expansions have come and gone I've still enjoyed it, I love the stories/lore. That's what keeps me in the game the most.

I did some Alliance too and I enjoyed that as well, despite the gnomes. :P I liked the architecture in Stormwind and Ironforge, loved the idea of a massive tree with a city in it as well. But their early questing didn't seem like as much fun and in Wrath I didn't like Varian. He reminded me too much of what Garrosh was becoming (though as the expansions continued I began to enjoy King Wyrnn).

The Horde is where I feel more at home. I made my Blood Elf a worgen for Legion to play with a friend. I enjoyed it. I made some great new friends. But when I moved him back to The Horde recently, I felt whole again. Back where I belong. I still have a Void Elf mage who is raiding with those new friends, and I enjoy it, but I know my place is with The Horde, not the other side so far as faction loyalty goes.

All my characters are Horde and if I could, I would switch all to Alliance, i'm just tired of the Horde setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Well 10 years passed and it would have probably made for more interesting stories inside the faction than it would ever have made for the faction conflict plot. Edit: If they had gone that way then they also wouldn't have needed to pussify the NEs, they could have essentially been a softer version of TES:X Bosmer.

The real reason was that they absolutely wanted the ugly = evil divide between the factions. BEs was them realizing that many people just don't want to play as ugly ass characters with (even more) goofy animations.
    Maybe if they wrote Mal/Tyrande completely differently from the beginning... Mal STILL has a dick reaction to Illidan after Argus events. and Tyrande spurned the Nightborne AFTER working with them to mount a revolution.

They just aren't the forgiving type, and that trend started in WC3.