Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Mag'har Orcs and Dark Iron Dwarves Preview, Volunteer Guard Day

Mag'har Orcs and Dark Iron Dwarves Preview
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Good allies are hard to find, but don’t worry—we’ve got you covered in Battle for Azeroth. Meet two new Allied Races that will become available over the course of your adventures in the new expansion, the Dark Iron dwarves and Mag’har orcs, and learn a bit about the racial traits currently in development.

Alliance: Dark Iron Dwarves
    Known for their fiery tempers and fierce determination, Dark Iron dwarves have a turbulent history with the other clans. A failed coup in Ironforge ignited the War of the Three Hammers, and many of the Dark Iron once fought in the service of Ragnaros the Firelord. Though one faction is pledged to Queen-Regent Moira Thaurissan, others refuse to stand alongside their kin. The Alliance seeks a united Dark Iron clan to harness the power of Azerite and aid their struggle against the Horde.

Available Classes: Hunter, Mage, Monk, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock, Warrior

Racials:
    • Fireblood: Dark Iron dwarves can empower themselves and purge debuffs afflicting them.
    • Dungeon Delver: Their time spent in the depths lets Dark Iron dwarves move faster while indoors.
    • Mass Production: Dark Iron dwarves have increased Blacksmithing skill and can craft faster.
    • Mole Machine: These digging devices can transport their masters to new locations.
    • Forged in Flames: Dark Iron dwarves take reduced Physical damage.

Learn more about Moira and the Dark Iron in our previously released stories:

Fault Lines by Matt Burns and Ludo Lullabi (comic)
    The Council of Three Hammers: Fire and Iron by Matt Burns (short story)
    The Jade Hunters by Matt Burns (short story)

Horde: Mag’har Orc
    For untold generations, the orc clans of Draenor battled one another in endless war. But when Gul'dan offered them the blood of his demonic masters, the disparate tribes of Mag'har—the orcish word for "uncorrupted"—refused the dark bargain and banded together to drive out the Burning Legion. United under the leadership of Grommash Hellscream, the Mag'har pledged to one day repay Azeroth's heroes for aiding their cause. As war against the Alliance intensifies, the Horde must call upon the might of the Mag'har to seize victory.

Available Classes: Hunter, Mage, Monk, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warrior

Racial Traits
    • Ancestral Call: Mag’har orcs can call upon the powers of their ancestors to assist in battle.
    • Open Skies: While outdoors, Mag’har orcs have increased flight speed.
    • Sympathetic Vigor: The health of the Mag’har orcs’ pets is increased.
    • Savage Blood: Poisons, diseases, and curses affect Mag’har orcs for a shorter duration.

Learn more about the orcs of Draenor in our previously released videos:

Lords of War (animated series)
    World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Cinematic

We’ll have more information on how to recruit these new allies in a future update; for now, those with Battle for Azeroth beta access will be able to create one of these new Allied Races within character creation screen and begin testing.

Which Allied Race will you choose?

Volunteer Guard Day
    Volunteer Guard Day allows you to help defend your faction's city and take on the appearance of a guard.

• Approach any guard in your faction's city and /salute them
      • Alliance: Stormwind, Ironforge, Darnassus, The Exodar, Stormshield
      • Horde: Orgrimmar, Thunder Bluff, Undercity, Silvermoon, or Warspear
    • You will take on the appearance of the guard you interacted with, along with a 24H Volunteer City Guard buff.
    • While you have the buff, City Invaders will spawn when you are in town and attack you. Defeat them to increase your kill count.
    • Killing 10 attackers adds the "Defender of X" to your buff, 50 for "Heroic Defender", and 250 for "Mythic Defender". This doesn't appear to have any actual effect.
    • This buff persists through death and changing of zones, but will be lost when entering an instance.
    • You can get the buff back again by saluting a guard. Losing the buff will not reset your kill counter.

Last edited by chaud; 2018-04-29 at 01:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Perhaps the AU Mag'har can teach their Azerothian brethren how to contact the ancestors once more.

15+ Year Old Account
    And where exactly do these mole machines take you? Loving the Dark Iron Dwarves the most.
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

"invoke the spirits of your ancestors, granting you their power" Oh... right... their powers... couldn't be more clear

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellus View Post
    "invoke the spirits of your ancestors, granting you their power" Oh... right... their powers... couldn't be more clear
    atm for a 110 it's about a 5.5% buff to a random secondary stat. Super clearly described, 10/10 would understand without being on beta.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ibbi View Post
    And where exactly do these mole machines take you? Loving the Dark Iron Dwarves the most.
    Atm on beta it's Not Yet Implemented, so your guess is as good as mine. My guess is it's a second hearth stone.

My question is this... Dark Iron Dwarves. dark, DARK. Once servants of Ragnaros. What and how is lore able to explain them being Paladins, but I can't get more Paladin options as horde???

The Mag'har racial sucks !!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by calathiel- View Post
    My question is this... Dark Iron Dwarves. dark, DARK. Once servants of Ragnaros. What and how is lore able to explain them being Paladins, but I can't get more Paladin options as horde???
    It's kinda an old part of their culture.

There were Dark Dwarves before Ragnaros was summoned. The Dark Iron clan actually diverged from the great, original Ironforge Clan. They already made contact with the humans and their Holy Light.

They were named Dark Dwarves because of the skin color and their existence in the shadow of the mountains of Khaz Modan, not because they were evil or dabbed in dark arts.
    Last edited by A Chozo; 2018-04-29 at 02:59 AM.

You're assuming they're called Dark Iron because they're evil (which they are not all like that) but they didn't always serve Ragnaros and they're called Dark Iron because they are masters of dark iron ore which is mined deep from within the core of Azeroth. While mining that deep they ended up breaching into Ragnaros' lair (think of a rip off of what happened to the dwarfs in Lord of the Rings when they woke up the balrog). So they can wield the light just like ANYONE in Azeroth can if they choose to do so. You can even get a Night Elf Paladin as a follower in the Paladin Class Hall which is a race/class combo not even available to players because it's typically not something Night Elfs do but it is possible.

Also Dark Iron dwarfs have been Paladins since the game released and lore wise were able to be Paladins before they served Ragnaros.

Oh look, another race I don't care about because Blizzard hates Death Knights.

Really hoping they change the Mag'har racials before the release as they really seem like a joke at the moment, especially when compared with the Dark Iron ones. At least, we're now done with the complains about the LF Draenei being the worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    And again more combat related racials. Wrong design.

While I undersand racials aren't supposed to be amazing or anything, this has to be on the same tier as the "troll hp regen" one.

Sympathetic Vigor: The health of the Mag’har orcs’ pets is increased.

Seriously?

So that's two Alliance allied races that have Blacksmithing perks. Dark Iron Dwarves makes sense. But why Lightforged Draenei as well?

Quote Originally Posted by itzLCD View Post
    Oh look, another race I don't care about because Blizzard hates Death Knights.
    I'm not even a big fan of alliance in a general sense, but even I recognize how utterly and completely badass a Dark Iron Deathknight would be. I mean...this character already looks good as it is. Add deathknight to that? Pfffff....I might actually play a dwarf for the first time ever.

i wish there were more race options for druids...

Quote Originally Posted by Nozuka View Post
    i wish there were more race options for druids...
    We got one with Highmountain Tauren and we'll get 2 more when Zandalari and Kul Tirans release.

Blizzard doesn't use traditional DnD rules for paladins requiring lawful good alignment. In the Warcraft universe, a paladin is only required to have strong conviction in a faith, regardless of what that faiths alignment may be.

The halved core hound mount is still a thing? Also, open skies... biggest troll ever in an expansion we can’t fly lol. I’ll be keeping my orcs green from the looks of these racials.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppets View Post
    The halved core hound mount is still a thing? Also, open skies... biggest troll ever in an expansion we can’t fly lol. I’ll be keeping my orcs green from the looks of these racials.
    Maybe it also works for flight paths?
    Sethraz - Havoc Demon Hunter - Draenor EU - Achievement Points: 22220+ - Mounts: 472+