Page 72 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    Okay, I will admit, it does have to make story sense. That's a large part of the reason I'm trying to critically examine how Sethrak are introduced to both Alliance and Horde.

Saberon and Arakkoa (just give me a single spelling, dammit! ) make about as much sense as the Mag'har orcs. If you think about it, Mag'har orcs from WoD are largely an ass-pull since those alternate timeline portals were supposed to be closed. Here's the thing though: I think Blizzard did it deliberately. They could have just gotten the brown-skinned orcs from Outland, but they didn't. They chose to give Sylvanas a magical mcguffin that would once again open the alternate time ways. They could just as easily have the Alliance steal that toy and use it for themselves. Orcs from WoD aren't even remotely related to the upcoming plot, but here they are.
    Look, I'm of the club of "the more (allied) races or customization we get, the better", no matter the faction, but the thing with WoD Saberons and Arakkoa is that it would be far more forced if they make them allied races than if they make Vulpera, Sethrak or the AU Mag'har; in the case of the Mag'har , ye, they could have used the Outland ones, but maybe they just wanted to bring the different clans skin colors that we saw in WoD, and, lets be honest, Orcs joining Orcs is not that crazy. Ofc the timelines thing's quite a mess... and yes, they could, if they want, bring Arakkoa or Saberon, but it would be a bit forced to make them join the Alliance, story-wise, because they don't have nothing to do with them, despite Orcs, who are, as the ones in the Horde, Orcs, what makes the implementation smoother.

Mag'har are also a long time requested race, so it is a bit more justified to make them join the MU Horde, even if it is a mess with the different timelines thing. If they ever make Arakkoa or Saberons allied races (Arakkoa are far better as a races imo), it will be ok for me as long as the way they join Horde ir Alliance makes sense!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    In other news, looks like pt 4 of the Sethrak discussion on GD got a thread extension.

Ostensibly, it was asked for and granted to us and will probably keep us from spamming new threads all the time, but hey, any stick I can grab I will to keep those faint sparks alive
    They extended the High Elf threads too and we know how that turned out
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Vlindrel View Post
    Look, I'm of the club of "the more (allied) races or customization we get, the better", no matter the faction, but the thing with WoD Saberons and Arakkoa is that it would be far more forced if they make them allied races than if they make Vulpera, Sethrak or the AU Mag'har; in the case of the Mag'har , ye, they could have used the Outland ones, but maybe they just wanted to bring the different clans skin colors that we saw in WoD, and, lets be honest, Orcs joining Orcs is not that crazy. Ofc the timelines thing's quite a mess... and yes, they could, if they want, bring Arakkoa or Saberon, but it would be a bit forced to make them join the Alliance, story-wise, because they don't have nothing to do with them, despite Orcs, who are, as the ones in the Horde, Orcs, what makes the implementation smoother.

Mag'har are also a long time requested race, so it is a bit more justified to make them join the MU Horde, even if it is a mess with the different timelines thing. If they ever make Arakkoa or Saberons allied races (Arakkoa are far better as a races imo), it will be ok for me as long as the way they join Horde ir Alliance makes sense!

I'd think that it would be pretty reasonable to have the Arakkoa become an allied race, to be honest. They'd have possible incentive to leave AU -- No blood of Sethe to curse future generations of Arakkoa, and they could reach out to help the already cursed ones in Outland. They could even try and redeem Terrok. And what better way to aid those endeavors by joining a faction? All it would take would be one faction to approach them and make the proposal.

I can't even get past how badly-written the title of this thread is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlindrel View Post
    As you, I'm not really into Saberons... but yes, I agree with you regarding the Arakkoa: I really like them too, both the "corrupted " ones and the non-corrupted. The thing is that I could see them easily allied with the Horde, but hardly with the Alliance... but again, this feeling is a story related perspective thing and also a faction identity thing. They could write the story the way they want and make the Arakkoa go Alliance, but I don't know man, I don't see them fighting side by side with Humans, Draenei or Goblins...! In any case, I would love to play as one, no matter what faction they go to!
    Honestly the "High" Arakkoa seemed to be a VERY prideful people seeing the other races as lesser, this is a trait somewhat shared with with the Allaince, Horde seem a lot more welcoming of everyone who is willing to help out in the long run. Also the Arakkoa and the Iron horde in the AU where in full scale war with each other, and the remnants of Iron Horde are now joining the current horde. while the Maghar aren't under that banner anymore I wouldn't think the Arakkoa are biting at the bit to throw friendship and love in the laps of their old enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    They extended the High Elf threads too and we know how that turned out
    Shhh, don't pop my bubble of self-delusion, maybe if I make myself as desperate as HE fanboys something will happen

10+ Year Old Account
    I would gladly let the Alliance have the Arrakoa (even if the are so horde sounding in Lore) for the Sethrak who would THRIVE as a Horde race.
    No they would not. The Faithful would likely be appalled at what Sylvanas and the Horde are doing. Maybe the Faithless would join the Horde but Vorrik's Sethrak would be a terrible fit on The Horde and those Sethrak seem to be what would be playable if they are at all.

As for the thread extension. They extended part 4 when part 5 was already made and 4-5 pages in. But they only extended to 28 pages so it capped in like 2 hours. I honestly dont know what they were thinking but part 5 is the new thread lol.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2796109?page=1
    Last edited by Vail; 2018-04-29 at 01:58 PM.
    Unofficial Playable Sethrak Thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2796109?page=1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vail View Post
    Lol
    Ok whatever you say lol
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok whatever you say lol
    Your greediness blinds you to the truth. I don't know how you can look at how Vorrik's Sethrak are and think they'd be okay with how The Horde are being portrayed in Battle for Azeroth. I honestly think if they become playable seeing what Sylvanas is doing might be part of the reason they side with the alliance. That'd be hilarious.
    Unofficial Playable Sethrak Thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2796109?page=1

7+ Year Old Account
    I think Sethrak will be great opportunity to bring Loa lore for Alliance. Like Wild Gods lore was brought to Horde through Tauren druids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your greediness blinds you to the truth. I don't know how you can look at how Vorrik's Sethrak are and think they'd be okay with how The Horde are being portrayed in Battle for Azeroth. I honestly think if they become playable seeing what Sylvanas is doing might be part of the reason they side with the alliance. That'd be hilarious.
    If they never had any contact with the Horde I’d agree with you, but they DO. And I don’t see how I’m being greedy by wanting this race? That’s a very reactionary response that I expect from Alliance players that assume the Horde is getting the Vulpera, so that automatically disqualifies them from Sethrak. By the way, Vorrik also helps the Horde defeat Jakra’zet, something the Alliance does not do. If anything, Alliance players are blinded by their desire for the Sethrak to see any fallacies in their arguments.

7+ Year Old Account
    If they never had any contact with the Horde I’d agree with you, but they DO. And I don’t see how I’m being greedy by wanting this race? That’s a very reactionary response that I expect from Alliance players that assume the Horde is getting the Vulpera, so that automatically disqualifies them from Sethrak. By the way, Vorrik also helps the Horde defeat Jakra’zet, something the Alliance does not do. If anything, Alliance players are blinded by their desire for the Sethrak to see any fallacies in their arguments.
    So lets sum it up. You want both Vulpera and Sethrak for Horde?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    No I don’t, I want Sethrak only. I was saying alliance players assume we are getting them automatically. I see why they’d argue that point, but my desire is for Sethrak.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they never had any contact with the Horde I’d agree with you, but they DO. And I don’t see how I’m being greedy by wanting this race? That’s a very reactionary response that I expect from Alliance players that assume the Horde is getting the Vulpera, so that automatically disqualifies them from Sethrak. By the way, Vorrik also helps the Horde defeat Jakra’zet, something Jr Alliance does not do. If anything, Alliance players are blinded by their desire for the Sethrak to see any fallacies in their arguments.
    Highmountain and Nightborne both have extensive contact with the alliance and we all know how that turned out.
    What it really comes down to is what will be considered canon and how the story plays out in patches we can't see right now. If they are destined to be playable I imagine their story will develop further into the expansion. And my hope is that they actually call Sylvanas on her shit and decide The Alliance is where they should stand, though I'd take anything that put them more in The Alliance's favor.

Also it's greedy of you because of your previous statements and while you have apologized or whatever for them it still does not sway my general opinion of you or the Horde mentality. The whole 'If we don't get it no one should' has been a horde mentality for years, it's because you guys are so spoiled.
    Also because all signs really do point to you getting Vulpera, even if Sethrak never become playable there's so much proof of you guys getting Vulpera for you to also get Sethrak would be insanely unfair. But because you play Horde you probably don't care too much about that detail. It's not really an assumption, more of an educated guess based on all the evidence we've seen so far. It's possible neither one of these races will be playable and Blizzard just put in loads of work on the Vulpera model for fun... But that seems very unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Highmountain and Nightborne.
    or whatever
    Those two factions have been CONSTANTLY proven why they happened, the questing shows the animosity that the Night Elves had for the Nightborne. Highmountain joined their cousins just like Lightforged did. You don’t see Horde bitching about them.
    And I stopped reading after you said “or whatever” because there’s no point in talking to you if you can’t get passed that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe is not a so crazy idea..

"People of Zandalar are diverse and capable, if we can bring them ALL, under the banner of the Horde, Alliance has no chance..."

Maybe Nathanos is not speaking only about Trolls but all the diverse races from Zandalar...
    Last edited by Tartys; 2018-04-29 at 04:47 PM.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

7+ Year Old Account
    No I don’t, I want Sethrak only. I was saying alliance players assume we are getting them automatically. I see why they’d argue that point, but my desire is for Sethrak.
    Okay. Now look at Vulpera and Arakkoa that you mentioned.

There zero interactions in BFA between Alliance and these two races. On other side we have Alliance who helps Sethrak and completely ignore Vulpera. And Horde who helps Vulpera and interact with Sethrak.

If we assume both races will become AR then most logical ending will be Sethrak - Alliance and Horde - Vulpera.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iAUpozU.jpg?1[img]

"People of Zandalar are diverse and capable, if we can bring them ALL, under the banner of the Horde, Alliance has no chance..."

Maybe Nathanos is not speaking only about Trolls but all the diverse races from Zandalar...
    Maybe. Then what races could possibly counter such heavy pack as Sethrak + Vulpera?

Or Blizzard decided to finally put last nail in "Alliance Allied Race" coffin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those two factions have been CONSTANTLY proven why they happened, the questing shows the animosity that the Night Elves had for the Nightborne. Highmountain joined their cousins just like Lightforged did. You don’t see Horde bitching about them.
    And I stopped reading after you said “or whatever” because there’s no point in talking to you if you can’t get passed that.
    And if Sethrak become playable for the alliance their questing and story will 'prove' why it happened too.What I am saying is just because a faction has contact with a race it does not automatically mean they will get them as an allied race. And in my opinion their story so far and what we know of Vorrik's Sethrak makes them far more of a likely candidate for The Alliance. You can disagree but I've done a lot of research on Sethrak for my thread and read through everything I can in the beta and my conclusion so far is that they seem more on the Alliance's side but that there is just not enough right now to say. You can call my biased if you want to but I play both sides actively.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post

Just because they want to doesn't mean they can, Odds are at least one race on Zandalar will be hesitant to ally with the faction led by a zombie elf bitch who would hit her own side Blight, just so Alliance can't have it

- - - Updated - - -

Well, since The Alliance seem to have gotten to Vol'dun to save Vorrik's poisoned ass first, and the Alliance never even see a Vulpera during their questing there, I'm sure the Horde will get the Totally awesome Snake people, while Alliance gets a bunch of Goblin Reskins they've never even interacted with

7+ Year Old Account
    Okay. Now look at Vulpera and Arakkoa that you mentioned.

There zero interactions in BFA between Alliance and these two races. On other side we have Alliance who helps Sethrak and completely ignore Vulpera. And Horde who helps Vulpera and interact with Sethrak.

If we assume both races will become AR then most logical ending will be Sethrak - Alliance and Horde - Vulpera.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe. Then what races could possibly counter such heavy pack as Sethrak + Vulpera?

Or Blizzard decided to finally put last nail in "Alliance Allied Race" coffin.
    Or maybe the Allience Allied Races (a side from Kul Tiran)cames from zones that we dont khown yet. It's was already confirmed that "Allied races don't came in pair", so if Horde unlock one of them during a patch, Alliance can unlock his into another patch set in a new area.

Btw was the wrong image
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat