Poll: How many?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    First ones through will likely be DK, priest, monk, pally, and maybe mage

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Atleast 13, more if they introduce new allied races. Two of them in the first day.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

I voted 3. Probably a couple horde and an alliance, just to experience their side of the story. This will be the expansion with the least choice in how you level through zones of any expansion the game has ever had:

Classic - Tons of different zone choices of where to level.
    BC - After Hellfire Peninsula, several choices and would never need all the zones to hit 70.
    Wrath - HF or BT first, then Dragonblight followed by a couple other choices of where to go next.
    Cata - Hyjal or Vash'jir so at least some choice.
    MoP - Valley or Krasarang, and pretty much didn't even have to step foot into Dreadwastes to hit 90.
    WoD - More shoe-horned in where you go, but if you wanted, you could skip Arrak and go to Nagrand/do Arak and not need Nagrand.
    Legion - 4 leveling zones, doable in any order you want, and you actually only need 3 to it 110, so you could change which 3 you did each time you leveled.
    BfA - 3 zones for each faction, each time you level a character on each faction, you're doing the same 3 zones no matter what. Not looking forward to this at all. You can change the order, but you're still doing the same 3 zones every time. If you play both factions equally, this isn't a problem for you, but most people that play this game stick mainly to one faction.

50% will level more than 10 characters?? Gosh, this game is a blast!

7+ Year Old Account
    For sure 4: My rogue, DK, warlock, and hunter. Then a Kul'tiran druid and a Zandalari hunter

Once of each class, as in every expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    All of them, like I always do.

Not straight away of course, it takes an entire Xpac to level my whole crew.

Demon Hunter / Shaman in the first week.
    Here is something to believe in!

7+ Year Old Account
    All of them and duplicates.

Depends on the state of classes, how long the expansion is out, the flow of content, how rewarding having alts are, how important having alts are, how much time it takes to gear / prepare alts, and when Classic comes out.

Only thing I know for sure is that I'm leveling my Blood DK first.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

7+ Year Old Account
    From the look of how BfA is going to be none.

Most of them, eventually. I get bored. I don't really like casters or slow classes though so the likes of Mage/Lock/Priest/Paladin are often last, if at all.

More than likely, just one. I stopped leveling alts to cap some time back in MoP. I just don't have the time to dedicate to more than one character anymore.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

probably my rogue main. probably a Zandalari Huntard when they become playable and/or an upright orc of some kind because they look badass. But really unless theres something to break the boredom I dont think I will level any of my alts. Add to this that classes could be further butchered so I could be not enjoying them anymore.

There was no option for Zero as I really doubt I will be playing the Cluster fuck
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

If BFA is as alt-friendly as Legion, then all of them probably (14 currently, soon to be more). There are always things that get easier with a number of characters, and as long as the game is interesting I will want to pursue these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    I love how this thread was probably intended as bait for negative trolling and it's going in a completely opposite direction. Shows there are still some positive people in the community
    Last edited by Azerate; 2018-04-29 at 08:48 PM.

3 at first and as long as there's content for them to do, but usually I end up with all 12 at max level. Especially if they have auto-level stuff like the legion invasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    This forum has an overproportional amount of invested players. Most probably just chose the highest option because they will max out one of each class over the course of the expansion, especially when systems near the end allow for quick leveling, like invasions in legion, which pretty much give a level each time they are active.

I voted four, however....

With no tier sets and the endless grind returning, there's no point having more than one character. The only reason I'll even have three alts is so that in the lulls between raid releases I can work on getting some transmog; I'll have one character of each armor class.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    Well how can I possibly know that? I don't even know how many I'll manage to get to 110 before the end of legion!
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Only 1, unless I need to level a Zandalari alt to max level to get the armor, in that case 2, but then he'll be immediately abandoned.