Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    I see it akin to mages and warlocks y'know? Mages learn to control magic and not get swept up by its power completely. Whereas Warlocks are like yeah fuck all that restraint gimme the power I desire.

So kinda similar to that. High Elves that didn't do the Fel were like "nah we can rise above this" and the ones who went Blood Elf were like "lmao @ Those guys, fel makes it way easier"
    I'm assuming that you're using the fel as an analogy, so I won't get into that.

On topic, if it's just willpower versus convenience, there's a morally superior choice. There has to be consequences, or the narrative is just that High Elves are Blood Elves who were stronger/smarter/etc. That's not going to play well with most people, not just because it makes the most popular Horde race look bad, but also because it doesn't really make for an interesting story. I mean, it's not very thought provoking if the story is that the better elf makes the better choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andoras View Post
    in case of warcraft elves that is plenty of time, when their physiology is changed by what they eat and how often.
    Hell by this point i am surprised we don't have fire elves from the fireland raid or water elves from vashjir....or just taking fire damage..

Ya know that would be a cool racial if we still had elememtal shit. Gain x damage reduction to ladt element exposed too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    now we are living in denial?

and again if you don't want, you would be fine with the "no magic" version of He, they being pretty or not

but its not what you are showing
    Ok lets start again.. You are afraid this whole time, that alliance could once get prettier thing. I said deal with it. End

asking for a change in model got you void elves.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    Ok ok right, so you are just directly not taking on account what i say and just say that my facts are not facts, but opinions.

But then you are being so blatlantly dishonest that you say that of course VE and NB do not damage the faction wall because their aesthetic look different, and then, just before not taking into account that pandaren still counts even if developers didn't liked them you just don't consider HE being tweaked to look different enought from a BE, just nice, should i take you into account? come on, this isn't hard right?
    Blizzard making a mistake in their eyes, and then attempting to not make that mistake again is bad logic to you? All because they didn't remove their mistake from the game?

A mistake that a percentage of the players still enjoy? That will have repercussions if that content is cleansed from the game? Should content ever be cut from the game?

lmfaooooooooo okay

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    When someone is objectively wrong they are objectively wrong, and that are facts, you don't liking this statement doesn't make it less true, and calling them opinions doesn't make anything, again, speak for what you can proove, not for how you feel.
    No my response to you was for you to understand that your statements were in fact opinions. Get over yourself.

"My opinion is fact!!!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    You posted this:

Yet you still ask why people would argue against them?

Seriously?
    This is literally the "we don't want to blur faction lines" argument. All you've done is explain one of its many facets.
    This is not at all the "blur faction lines" argument, but I'm not surprised you took issue with my initial statement. It's an argument about narratives within a specific race and not the Horde as a faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post

On topic, if it's just willpower versus convenience, there's a morally superior choice. There has to be consequences, or the narrative is just that High Elves are Blood Elves who were stronger/smarter/etc. That's not going to play well with most people, not just because it makes the most popular Horde race look bad, but also because it doesn't really make for an interesting story. I mean, it's not very thought provoking if the story is that the better elf makes the better choice.
    As i said before turning to allies of other races vs doing mostly on your own.

Annd since when has the horde been purely about morals see the forsaken. If anything this would cement be as being a true horde race and even explain further their connection with the forsaken as a do anything to survive group

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    The green fel batterries in the be start zone says otherwise
    Except that the fel crystals were used to power the city not as a source to feed the population. And the burning crystals in the starting Zone predate Arthas invasion.

Give void elves more natural skin colour and everything would be okay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    asking for a change in model got you void elves.
    Hahaha good one, never heard that one. you know why people like rpgs? Because they want to be immersed into characters they create. After years of knowing warcraft strategies and races they saw in this universe. Would they create character of established race or race they never heard of?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkishi View Post
    This is not at all the "blur faction lines" argument, but I'm not surprised you took issue with my initial statement. It's an argument about narratives within a specific race and not the Horde as a faction.
    It's the same thing. The races have narratives just as much as the entire Horde and Alliance have narratives. We've seen them time and time again.

What makes this important by comparison is that this is the only scenario where a single race is split between both factions. Blizzard needs to treat both sides with delicate care.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andoras View Post
    Ok lets start again.. You are afraid this whole time, that alliance could once get prettier thing. I said deal with it. End
    you are just distorting things now

i care less if alliance get prettier things, i care if they get a copy paste race with slightest modifications possible that not make sense in lore

the bulky elves could be ass ugly, i would be against it anyway

It's the same thing. The races have narratives just as much as the entire Horde and Alliance have narratives. We've seen them time and time again.

What makes this important by comparison is that this is the only scenario where a single race is split between both factions. Blizzard needs to treat both sides with delicate care.
    You can make it part of your "blur the faction line" argument. It's not mine and it's not what I said at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkishi View Post
    You can make it part of your "blur the faction line" argument. It's not mine and it's not what I said at all.
    That's cool, but by all means, continue this quasi intellectualism you've got going on here.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post

I think that the people who see it as "a better choice" are kinda the one projecting their own fears. I mean that choice that split them, is really just a choice of idealism vs pragmatism. You can argue that no choice is truly right, it depends on the eye of the beholder.

Each choice does have consequences. High Elves that didn't go through with Blood Elves lost their home and lands, and possibly families in the process. They gained Alliance friendship sure, but still there was consequence to that choice.

Blood Elves on the turn around had consequences as well, they lost favor with their Alliance allies and also possibly HE family members, but then again gained the Horde in the process and got to keep their lands and home.

I think one can always come up with good arguments on either side of idealism vs pragmatism. Indeed these high elf/blood elf debates are evidence of that, not the playability focus but back when people were debating the lore differences between the two.

I mean now you could say a total 180 of the playable Blood Elves isn't an interesting dynamic to have playable, but I personally think it is.

And on the Fel thing, I mean the newest chronicles mentions that Blood Elves did Fel siphoning. Not the old lore of "oh they just used fel-powered structures and that seeped into their eyes" so regardless of how this entire topic turned out. The newest lore does say they actually Fel siphoned and how it affected their mind, body, and soul. Does it not? o.o

As i said before turning to allies of other races vs doing mostly on your own.

Annd since when has the horde been purely about morals see the forsaken. If anything this would cement be as being a true horde race and even explain further their connection with the forsaken as a do anything to survive group
    Correct me if I'm wrong here, but you're saying that the High Elves were able to get support from the Alliance, while the Blood Elves had no one? Isn't that kind of strange? It seems like you're saying here that the Alliance were better friends than the Horde, so the Blood Elves had to fend for themselves. That would be just explaining the difference by saying that the Alliance is morally superior. There's no complexity to the story, the implication is just A > B.

To make the story interesting, overcoming the addiction has to have a price. Otherwise, it will just boil down to a demonstration of how High Elves are better than Blood Elves, or how the Alliance is better than the Horde. That kind of story isn't going to pass the quality test.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    you are just distorting things now

i care less if alliance get prettier things, i care if they get a copy paste race with slightest modifications possible that not make sense in lore

the bulky elves could be ass ugly, i would be against it anyway
    How does it not make sense in the lore though?

They are all over the place, truly few things say "Alliance" as much as high elves. It's extremely integral to the faction's identity imo.

It'd be like the old crew has all finally come back together, Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes and High Elves, isn't that nice and wholesome?

That's cool, but by all means, continue this quasi intellectualism you've got going on here.
    Sorry little guy, there's nothing intellectual about video game forums, "lol" "lmao"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeeah no pretty sure it was some off hand comment from 2014 or somesych where it was mentioned the art team loved working on HE designs
    They never said they loved working on High Elf designs.

Had that been said it would have been shoved into every single topic on this debate since then.

Please provide a source for that comment that they loved working on High Elf designs. If you cannot, you have imagined it.

Ion really did make an off hand comment regarding High Elves in 2014, that did happen. However, look what happened after he sat down to think the sub-race system through.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diezel View Post
    How does it not make sense in the lore though?
    we are talking about how high elves would be bulkier than blood elves, and that don't make any sense in lore

even more if you use the justification of "no magic"

They are all over the place, truly few things say "Alliance" as much as high elves. It's extremely integral to the faction's identity imo.
    the race who barely make part of the alliance don't "scream alliance, and don't make part of the faction more than others, maybe in the time of lordaeron, but that time is long lost

isn't that nice and wholesome?
    sincerely, no, it would not, another tolkien cliche of elf+human+dwarfs is not nice and wholesome

elves left the alliance and joined the horde, thats the "new" lore, set in stone back in the frozen throne campaign and thats ok,we don't need to dismiss that,

focus the void elves and forget/kill t high elves left, or set then to maybe bring half elves in a future
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-04-29 at 09:22 PM.