Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    And when a MM hunter moves, they can't cast aimed shots. What exactly does a BM hunter need to cast or be stationary for? Aka they don't need to worry about mechanics affecting their rotation.
    You missed my point entirely. If you ignore mechanics you will die because you will be killed by all the fire you are standing in. So, yes you do have to worry about mechanics because you have to avoid them to avoid death.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    You missed my point entirely. If you ignore mechanics you will die because you will be killed by all the fire you are standing in. So, yes you do have to worry about mechanics because you have to avoid them to avoid death.
    The 2 of you are splitting hairs and arguing 2 different technicalities of the same arguement.
    He is correct (partly) in that BM Hunters aren't as impacted by mechanics or CDs.
    You are correct that BM Hunters still have to do mechanics and (good/great Hunters) use CDs wisely.
    For instance, if a patch of fire drops on the ground, everyone needs to move out of it to live (or someone soaks with an immunity in some instances); however, BM Hunters don't need to restrict/stop their rotation or damaging abilities while moving out of it.
    BM also has very short CDs with certain legos/tier, so yeah, you could pop CDs just before Imonar flies off and do a little damage and get them back relatively quickly on the next platform; but, a good Hunter will know if they can get the full duration before he flies off or if they should save for the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    BM is easy and mobile (literally no stand still and cast abilities). Also the pretty pretty pets.
    Yep pretty much. My BM hunter is what I play when I want EZ mode.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    But why would you be standing still when you're not restricted by your rotation? You can dance around the whole boss fight and not lose any dps. Mechanics mean nothing at that point.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Deleted
    BM and MM single target dps at high ilvls at least is quite close for me. At about 972ilvl for both, 905 cof and 915 arcano, and no good t20 pieces my BM is only 40k dps below my MM spec and my MM weapon is 11ilvls higher despite being my OS. With equal weapons the dps would be about the same. No good reason on ST fights for me to play MM over BM unless execute is needed because no matter what happens my average BM performance will be closer to "maximum" performance while my MM will waver a lot more.

On multi target fights like in m+ I can just watch a video on my other screen and hit multishot and marked shot at random intervals and outperform my BM by a huge margin. Hate teeming fortified weeks cause playing BM feels like waste of a dps spot in the group when I know I could blindly play MM and outperform.

I like the BM rotation now much more than at start of Legion. With the increase in haste, crit and db/df charges, and the reduction of CS focus cost, and the lower gcd with AotW, you get so much more focus and DB/DF procs that most of the downtime is gone. Bracers + 4 set + cof makes every BW feel much more powerful since you don't starve focus as much and get on a rampage every 40s. And since the legendary chest is one of the best BM legendaries you also have to keep up those stacks in addition to the DF stacks. If people haven't tried BM since the start of Legion they should now. It is way faster than before and you dont just sit and wait for your focus to slowly regain while you wait for a BW every 90s. I had something like 35% downtime at the start of Legion with way longer GCD on average, despite using the belt. Now I'm at something close to 10% downtime with 15% extra haste and 0,2s lower gcd 30% of the time and no legendary belt. The apm is almost twice than what it used to be 18 months ago.

But why would you be standing still when you're not restricted by your rotation? You can dance around the whole boss fight and not lose any dps. Mechanics mean nothing at that point.
    The only reason you move is to avoid mechanics. IF there were no mechanics there would be no point to move. So, do this little expirament in a raid next time. Stand completely still for an entire fight and tell the healers not to heal you. If you manage to survive that fight, then you can tell me mechanics mean nothing. I am pretty confident you won't.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason you move is to avoid mechanics. IF there were no mechanics there would be no point to move. So, do this little expirament in a raid next time. Stand completely still for an entire fight and tell the healers not to heal you. If you manage to survive that fight, then you can tell me mechanics mean nothing. I am pretty confident you won't.
    If someone can't dodge mechanics, then they aren't a raider. I'm assuming that's just common knowledge that the player will dodge the mechanic since that's the easy part. What I'm getting at is not having to worry about mechanics as far as your rotation goes. A BM hunter doesn't have to worry about mechanics in the sense that a mechanic that requires them to move won't restrict their dps like it would with a MM hunter. If I had no casts and could dance around the whole fight, mechanics would mean nothing to me. I would already be in position to avoid the mechanic before its ever released.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

If someone can't dodge mechanics, then they aren't a raider. I'm assuming that's just common knowledge that the player will dodge the mechanic since that's the easy part. What I'm getting at is not having to worry about mechanics as far as your rotation goes. A BM hunter doesn't have to worry about mechanics in the sense that a mechanic that requires them to move won't restrict their dps like it would with a MM hunter. If I had no casts and could dance around the whole fight, mechanics would mean nothing to me. I would already be in position to avoid the mechanic before its ever released.
    IF you assume that people are avoiding mechanics, then you are admitting mechanics do matter and that you have to avoid them. IF the mechanics meant nothing, then you wouldn't move because there is no reason to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Well considering Blizz patched all the tamed pups and turned them into grown wolfs.... that must be a pretty old picture.
    No it's not, that's Hati. I changed him into the pup when I got it. Hati won't change unless they forcefully wipe them.

Deleted
    IF you assume that people are avoiding mechanics, then you are admitting mechanics do matter and that you have to avoid them. IF the mechanics meant nothing, then you wouldn't move because there is no reason to.
    His point was that you don't have to delay CDs just because you know movement is coming up... what's the problem, sir?

Can we just stop pretending that it wasn't obvious and not have an argument for the sake of having an argument?
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2018-05-01 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luperca View Post
    No it's not, that's Hati. I changed him into the pup when I got it. Hati won't change unless they forcefully wipe them.
    And in BFA they are forcefully wiping it by removing your weapon.

Deleted
    BM is the only hunter specc that is even remotely close to the gameplay archetype I fell in love with in TBC and played for almost a decade - ranged physical damage dealer with a pet and with no downtime.
    Survival is lolmelee, MM has to play without pet for optimal DPS. So BM it is.
    Though I barely play my hunter in Legion, as BM had lots of downtime before they gave them 2 charges of wild beast baseline and the Zoo build became viable.
    Hunter is just a shadow of the super fun class it used to be in Wotlk/Cata/Mop

10+ Year Old Account
    And in BFA they are forcefully wiping it by removing your weapon.
    Everyone know this and in BFA I will use my baby direhorn and croc-o-slime or something new. Honestly I'm sure what point you are trying to make.

BM is the lazy spec with mediocre results - unless you high end mythic guild, why not play BM with zero set up time compared to MM and Surv.

Quote Originally Posted by Luperca View Post
    Everyone know this and in BFA I will use my baby direhorn and croc-o-slime or something new. Honestly I'm sure what point you are trying to make.
    I was CLEARLY responding to what you said... you said "Hati won't change unless they forcefully wipe them." and i said they are being forcefully wiped. Not everyone knows that. There are MANY players that never come to forums or read about whats changing in xpacks that until they are told in game they are losing their weapon will not know its leaving.

There was no real point to be made, not everything said has to have a point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was CLEARLY responding to what you said... you said "Hati won't change unless they forcefully wipe them." and i said they are being forcefully wiped. Not everyone knows that. There are MANY players that never come to forums or read about whats changing in xpacks that until they are told in game they are losing their weapon will not know its leaving.

There was no real point to be made, not everything said has to have a point.
    Why didn't you say that in the first place instead of commenting about the age you thought my pic was. Also Hati is attached to our Artifacts and those are being removed in BFA, I doubt anyone playing this game doesn't know that by now. No one needs to read these forums to find out we are loosing our cool weapons in BFA. You wanted to make a point or you wouldn't have taken the time to comment.

Show me any other spec that can have a Fuckin T-Rex as Battle Buddy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kran1um View Post
    BM is the lazy spec with mediocre results - unless you high end mythic guild, why not play BM with zero set up time compared to MM and Surv.
    A lot of people play BM in high end mythic raids, depends a bit on what you define as "high end" but either way BM is very good right now and performs almost as good if not better than MM on average, that said MM has much higher potential.

I think a lot of people think that BM is bad when it really isnt, i dont really understand why this is the case if maybe people are only going of sims or what but BM performs pretty well in antorus although it does fall quite far behind on aoe.

I can't play it tbh.2 button spec.

Only problem with BM in Legion is spread AOE... and maybe some pet bugs. The short CD of BW makes planning ahead very effortless. I like that. Especially in m+