Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    Doint Serpentshrine Cavern right now and a mob gives me 863 - 998 (from the few big ones) xp (I am level 81), don't know if I would call this a "massvie amount"

1 trash run gave me 42% of a level, is this okay?
    And it says 81-82, but less than 10% of the mobs are actually 72 and still reward XP @82, so at best its 80-81 (but bc heroics still work @80, so it's 81 only).
    ZG trash farming also does not work for every class (as he already mentioned). It worked perfectly on my hunter and my warlock, but my mage just gets twoshotted from the not kitable berserkers and also aoe farming elites (like the crocos) was a tough call when not all CDs were up.

So best way for 81-90 seems to be simple questing. Finishing hyjal, collecting pandaren treasures plus one or two instances do the trick for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    It worked perfectly on my hunter and my warlock, but my mage just gets twoshotted from the not kitable berserkers
    You can almost one shot them when you take the "Ice" buff, if they are what I think of you meant.

And it says 81-82, but less than 10% of the mobs are actually 72 and still reward XP @82, so at best its 80-81 (but bc heroics still work @80, so it's 81 only).
    ZG trash farming also does not work for every class (as he already mentioned). It worked perfectly on my hunter and my warlock, but my mage just gets twoshotted from the not kitable berserkers and also aoe farming elites (like the crocos) was a tough call when not all CDs were up.

So best way for 81-90 seems to be simple questing. Finishing hyjal, collecting pandaren treasures plus one or two instances do the trick for me.
    I'm not super familiar with mages, but IIRC they've always had trouble farming old instances due to a lack of self-healing and reliance on CC that doesn't always work on elites. Still, you should be able to stick to the fish in the water and make good exp/h.

The "Non-kitable berserkers" aren't supposed to be facerolled. You click the ice cauldrons then hit them. Or just avoid them entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I'm not super familiar with mages, but IIRC they've always had trouble farming old instances due to a lack of self-healing and reliance on CC that doesn't always work on elites. Still, you should be able to stick to the fish in the water and make good exp/h.

The "Non-kitable berserkers" aren't supposed to be facerolled. You click the ice cauldrons then hit them. Or just avoid them entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    You can almost one shot them when you take the "Ice" buff, if they are what I think of you meant.
    No, I am talking about those big-troll mini bosses.

Ah..those guys. Yeah, they hit pretty hard, even on my bear tank.

All I can really say is...skip them? Your exp/h won't be significantly impacted. This is what I do, since I don't think they're really worth the effort.

anybody ever use Zygor guides? my buddy who wasn't very invested in the game and just wanted to level as quick af bought into it, albeit years ago but he had some success. Just curious if it's still apropos to the current system?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderpuss View Post
    anybody ever use Zygor guides? my buddy who wasn't very invested in the game and just wanted to level as quick af bought into it, albeit years ago but he had some success. Just curious if it's still apropos to the current system?
    I didn't do a massive search, but this is something you have to pay for? Why would you do that when the rest of the internet full of info exists? O_o

Edit: Looked a little more into it. Apparently they're selling an add-on which links to a guide. Which is a loophole to get around Blizzard's policy against selling add-ons.

Even if the guide was good, I'd recommend against supporting such a "business". The guide in my signature is the fastest method I'm aware of, free, on these forums, and has current discussion in the thread.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-05-01 at 03:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't do a massive search, but this is something you have to pay for? Why would you do that when the rest of the internet full of info exists? O_o

Edit: Looked a little more into it. Apparently they're selling an add-on which links to a guide. Which is a loophole to get around Blizzard's policy against selling add-ons.

Even if the guide was good, I'd recommend against supporting such a "business". The guide in my signature is the fastest method I'm aware of, free, on these forums, and has current discussion in the thread.
    Yeah, I never used such Add-Ons because youtube, mmo-champion etc. are full of great infos how to level fast and efficiently.

Ah okay, yeah they are mean

Ah..those guys. Yeah, they hit pretty hard, even on my bear tank.

All I can really say is...skip them? Your exp/h won't be significantly impacted. This is what I do, since I don't think they're really worth the effort.
    Well, actually they give 19k XP vs 600XP for a non elite mob, and there are 7 of them. And they were just extreme examples of things that were no problem with other classes but twoshotting me as a mage. Together with the constant need for regenerating after each aoe pull all I say is that exp/h in ZG might not be optimal for all classes.

Well, actually they give 19k XP vs 600XP for a non elite mob, and there are 7 of them. And they were just extreme examples of things that were no problem with other classes but twoshotting me as a mage. Together with the constant need for regenerating after each aoe pull all I say is that exp/h in ZG might not be optimal for all classes.
    I won't lie
    Mage would be the last class I ever level up. I have zero interest in it.

How do they even self heal, or regain Mana? Maybe try different specs for farming? Have you tried just doing the inner circle of water with the fish and hydras? Do you have problems with the normal troll elites?

But if it's ust not working, then yeah, stick to questing or maybe give method-0 a shot(should be Lost City of Tol'Vir at that level).

I won't lie
    Mage would be the last class I ever level up. I have zero interest in it.

How do they even self heal, or regain Mana?
    Mage doesn't need to self heal because you kill things before they hit you, plus Barrier spells (and biscuits). Mana isn't an issue because they don't actually lose mana more than they regenerate it, unless you chose for some reason to level as Arcane, in which case you have Evocation.

On a void elf rogue I'm levelling currently level 77. I'm having a massive pain trying to solo tbc heroics which were want lucrative for exp, am I missing something with the scaling? prior to the patch my paladin alt @ 75 could steam roll tbc heroics effectively one shotting them.

Quote Originally Posted by agli View Post
    On a void elf rogue I'm levelling currently level 77. I'm having a massive pain trying to solo tbc heroics which were want lucrative for exp, am I missing something with the scaling? prior to the patch my paladin alt @ 75 could steam roll tbc heroics effectively one shotting them.
    It's because you necro'd an old and outdated thread. Check my sig for the new version.