Thread: Overwatch PVE

Overwatch PVE

Honestly I kinda wish they had some campaign modes available at all times. I really like the Retribution and King's Row PVE modes just for fucking around and there's generally less salt because you're just facing off vs a computer.

I think it would be worthwhile for them to build out a solid few campaign "dungeons", what are your thoughts?

I did the first one many times without issue, but never was able to complete the King's Row scenario because everyone went crazy in the last leg and got over stretched and then got raped. Was fun, but there was still dumb people.

I wish they'd make them more rushable in that case.

Something that can be rolled through quickly, no "wait around and take pot shots at enemies that don't really matter because you picked a low difficulty".

10+ Year Old Account
    Fully agree with you. It doesn't really make sense to me why PvE modes should be time limited. Year of X and Halloween and stuff makes sense but allow the stuff that actually explains the lore to remain. And then expand on it because they're basically just edging people on with these slow roll outs of PvE. I don't play much OW PvP anymore but I'd play the game more if the PvE got consistent updates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you make pve modes in custom games?(that is not some kind of passive a ggressive snark; I actually don't know)

Cos if not, that might be a good way to allow pve content without blizz having to worry about it spoiling the "special" of the special event. Custom games really do have a lot of potential and I don't see people utilising them for much more than practice/testing even though they do give xp. Blizzard should advertise it a little more and see about expanding the tools used to make the games run. Things like smoother backfill, rotating teams, etc like you get in official game modes would help. But also event maps, pve mobs/bosses, etc.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Can you make pve modes in custom games?(that is not some kind of passive a ggressive snark; I actually don't know)

Cos if not, that might be a good way to allow pve content without blizz having to worry about it spoiling the "special" of the special event. Custom games really do have a lot of potential and I don't see people utilising them for much more than practice/testing even though they do give xp. Blizzard should advertise it a little more and see about expanding the tools used to make the games run. Things like smoother backfill, rotating teams, etc like you get in official game modes would help. But also event maps, pve mobs/bosses, etc.
    You were able to create a custom game for junkenstein event. Not sure about the others.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I wish they'd make them more rushable in that case.

Something that can be rolled through quickly, no "wait around and take pot shots at enemies that don't really matter because you picked a low difficulty".
    This is probably in there to slightly extend the time it would take to get your arcade boxes, still only takes likes 8 minutes but yeah.

If this became an actual permanent thing you definitely should be able to skip all the useless fluff though.