View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Given the fate of Charles 1 & 2, there won’t be a Charles 3, he’ll no doubt be a George. But hopefully we come to our senses in the not so distant future and abolish our countries biggest welfare scrounges and let the Windsor’s make their own way in the world.
    Agree on George VII.
    But what about the Windsors ? For as long as the crown estates pay for their upkeep, welfare scrounging is off the table.
    And if UK wants to abolish monarchy, then they will have to hand over the crown estates. Lillibeth will happily piss herself over the well kempt portfolio worth more than a billion. And UK will have to pay the new president + staff on their own. Have fun

btw: yay to the new HRH <whateverhisnameis>; at least one fine message in this times. Great grandma Liz is of course amused, so short after her birthday a late present.
    Last edited by ranzino; 2018-04-23 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Given the fate of Charles 1 & 2, there won’t be a Charles 3, he’ll no doubt be a George. But hopefully we come to our senses in the not so distant future and abolish our countries biggest welfare scrounges and let the Windsor’s make their own way in the world.
    I'm sure they'll really suffer having to rely only on their billions in estates generating hundreds of millions in income.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I'm sure they'll really suffer having to rely only on their billions in estates generating hundreds of millions in income.
    AFAIK the Queen already pays tax on her income from the Duchy of Lancaster for years; same with Charles as current holder of Duchy of Cornwall.
    welfare scrounging my ass, the Windsor family feed the tourism industry with pretty sums too. And Liz is 92years, how many presidents would you have to pay pensions and salary instead of this one elder lady as head of state ?

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...al-less-likely

News from the peers: a "no deal" scenario is not possible anymore ?
    but it only makes sense if parliament can deny the deal AND also cancel Brexit if nothing new can be agreed with Brussels after such a parliamental "Nope"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    No source? I am surprised. Did you mean this one?

BREXIT WIN: Australian PM reveals UK 'in talks' to sign EPIC trade deal worth £10TRILLION

So easy to do these trade deals when you all speak the same language!
    EU beats Britain to the punch on opening trade negotiations with Commonwealth countries

So basically the UK is talking about joining a trade agreement they had no role in writing. That reeks of desperation. Meanwhile, the EU will negotiate its own terms with Australia and New Zealand from a position of strength that will result in free and fair trade in the European interest.

I predict major economies will go into the next recession by 2020, it's already overdue. The UK's exit from the EU's internal market just so happens to be 31st December 2020, which will only make it more intense for the UK. I think the 2020's may well become a lost decade for the UK, where the economy contracts and more people emigrate than immigrate. Sad!

brexit is actually a shit show lol

i was so wrong about this, and im hoping it can be stopped tbh

im glad i have my contingency plans in place because im pretty sure this will devastate the british economy given there's no solution to the NI question

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post

im glad i have my contingency plans in place because im pretty sure this will devastate the british economy given there's no solution to the NI question
    Now I've seen everything. Holy shit.

10+ Year Old Account

Who are you, and what have you done with Floopa?

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Who are you, and what have you done with Floopa?
    umm, there was always a Plan B (or C od D) in Floopa's desk, you remember ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    umm, there was always a Plan B (or C od D) in Floopa's desk, you remember ?
    Thats true, but hes never actually admitted Brexit was a failure.

Deleted

On behalf of every Remain voter, go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Thats true, but hes never actually admitted Brexit was a failure.
    the idea itself isn't a failure. hell even leaving the cu/sm isn't a failure (ideologically it's everything brexit is). sure it devastates an economy, but that's here nor there really, an economy can pick itself up again.

the biggest failure is that the current make up of govt means it's impossible to make brexit work. brexit demands we leave the cu/sm, but we can't leave the cu because the DUP prop up the Tory govt and the DUP want to stay in the cu. not only that but leaving the cu destroys the GFA and ireland wont have that, so they would veto any deal we have with the eu.

so that means the only working solution is a hard brexit, crashing out with no deal. this could work, except the tory govt is so weak that it would never pass in parliament.

so the only solution now (to brexit) is to remain in the cu. if you remain in the cu, you may as well remain in the sm. if you're remaining in both the cu and sm why the fuck leave in the first place, because all you've done is sabotage an economy, people's livelihoods, and lose power (no more ability to dictate/veto/suggest eu policy).

basically i predict the following to happen - next month there is a binding vote on leaving/staying in a CU. if parliament votes to stay in the CU, the ERG will oust theresa may which leads to a leadership battle. a brexiter wins the leadership battle, but they can't pass anything and a vote of no confidence takes place. it passes and britain enters it's 3rd general election in 4 years lol

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    On behalf of every Remain voter, go fuck yourself.
    for what it's worth, my leave vote was entirely tactical to get a left wing government in power. in terms of brexit, i don't care either way my job wont be effected by any economical damage lol
    Last edited by Floopa; 2018-05-01 at 10:08 AM.

Deleted
    the idea itself isn't a failure. hell even leaving the cu/sm isn't a failure (ideologically it's everything brexit is). sure it devastates an economy, but that's here nor there really, an economy can pick itself up again.

the biggest failure is that the current make up of govt means it's impossible to make brexit work. brexit demands we leave the cu/sm, but we can't leave the cu because the DUP prop up the Tory govt and the DUP want to stay in the cu. not only that but leaving the cu destroys the GFA and ireland wont have that, so they would veto any deal we have with the eu.

so that means the only working solution is a hard brexit, crashing out with no deal. this could work, except the tory govt is so weak that it would never pass in parliament.

so the only solution now (to brexit) is to remain in the cu. if you remain in the cu, you may as well remain in the sm. if you're remaining in both the cu and sm why the fuck leave in the first place, because all you've done is sabotage an economy, people's livelihoods, and lose power (no more ability to dictate/veto/suggest eu policy).

basically i predict the following to happen - next month there is a binding vote on leaving/staying in a CU. if parliament votes to stay in the CU, the ERG will oust theresa may which leads to a leadership battle. a brexiter wins the leadership battle, but they can't pass anything and a vote of no confidence takes place. it passes and britain enters it's 3rd general election in 4 years lol

for what it's worth, my leave vote was entirely tactical to get a left wing government in power. in terms of brexit, i don't care either way my job wont be effected by any economical damage lol
    As someone living in Ireland, of course we are not going to agree. We finally have a decent running country after being destroyed for hundreds of years and you want to divide the country up again? Yeah.. don't blame the Irish for vetoing the shit out of that.

Also you don't care about the mess you made because you weren't affected? That seems pretty selfish .. but what can I expect from a Brexit voter really..

Deleted
    voted for a 'future left wing government' by giving all the current power to the hard right. tell me more.

Rees mogg bookies fav to be next PM. We live in a post-satire world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    voted for a 'future left wing government' by giving all the current power to the hard right. tell me more.

Rees mogg bookies fav to be next PM. We live in a post-satire world.
    Good luck with that one :P.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/t...exit-0p22jv62j

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Next EU council summit happens in 8 weeks+ and Barnier was in Ireland again. Total agreement between Varadkar and Barnier and EU and RoI and everybody and their grandma: UK will have to untie the Gordian knot aka border question within 8 weeks or shit happens and Brexit fails.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...s-irish-border

"Hic Rhodos, hic salta" @ Theresa M. or call off this shitshow....

Next EU council summit happens in 8 weeks+ and Barnier was in Ireland again. Total agreement between Varadkar and Barnier and EU and RoI and everybody and their grandma: UK will have to untie the Gordian knot aka border question within 8 weeks or shit happens and Brexit fails.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...s-irish-border

"Hic Rhodos, hic salta" @ Theresa M. or call off this shitshow....
    no no, you misunderstand.

brexit will happen. we've triggered article 50, we are leaving the eu march 29th 2019 whether we have a deal or we do not have a deal. that's always happening. the only stuff that will happen is that we brexit while staying in a CU, which is essentially LAB policy. the ERG don't want a CU arrangement, so they'll vote against theresa may, and probably employ a no confidence vote.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    no no, you misunderstand.

brexit will happen. we've triggered article 50, we are leaving the eu march 29th 2019 whether we have a deal or we do not have a deal. that's always happening. the only stuff that will happen is that we brexit while staying in a CU, which is essentially LAB policy. the ERG don't want a CU arrangement, so they'll vote against theresa may, and probably employ a no confidence vote.
    House of Lords said no to such a "crash out"; a no deal scenario is technically off the table.
    no deal means "forget Brexit" now.

House of Lords said no to such a "crash out"; a no deal scenario is technically off the table.
    no deal means "forget Brexit" now.
    the lords have exactly 0 power, they are there to advise parliament.

we have still triggered article 50, that is a decision that the UK cannot reverse - only the eu can do that. they show no sign of wanting to do that, ergo as it stands on march 29, 2019 we will be out of the eu

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    the lords have exactly 0 power, they are there to advise parliament.

we have still triggered article 50, that is a decision that the UK cannot reverse - only the eu can do that. they show no sign of wanting to do that, ergo as it stands on march 29, 2019 we will be out of the eu
    of course you can reverse the Brexit, but you will have to tell EU about such intention soon™.

As for the Lords last poke:

"The key defeat was an amendment that would allow parliament to send ministers back to the negotiating table if MPs voted down Theresa May’s Brexit deal.
    Labour said the new clause to the EU withdrawal bill would in effect prevent Britain crashing out of the EU with no deal and would give Tory remainers the confidence to vote against a damaging deal."

source

The Lords simple give back to the Commons the right to a substantial vote; something the government wants do forget.
    Last edited by ranzino; 2018-05-01 at 12:16 PM.