Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Um... 405 here, I very much care.

True collectors never stop collecting nor caring...
    Ayyup. Same for me. I've got most of the available ingame mounts. Heck even farmed some of the Alliance ones on an alt because some such as the WoD Ashran ones count twice for the achievos despite one being unable to use them. The horses are recolors too btw.

Yeah. It's a 6+ year old mount which is extremely dated when compared to the new mounts. http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...mal/728889.jpg
    The animations, polygon counts and effort between these two is worlds apart. And yes I wholly acknowledge the Bloodswarmer is disgusting. But so is the Widow and it didn't stop me riding her.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2018-05-01 at 02:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    Why would people not be unhappy with "boring" mounts? What a stupid thread.
    Point of the thread is that the faction is boring

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    (dont tell me the new models of Gryphon are not cool)
    they literally just reused and recolored the grand gryphon model from mists.

there's nothing "new" about it.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Which is not an argument because Blizzard simply made these factions up and could've gone with literally anything. They CHOSE to do this. "Well it's not Blizzard it's the factions who sell them!" Well who came up with these factions? "Blizzard!"

You can cease your humble bragging, especially since a bunch of people including me have you beat by a hundred or more mounts and still care.

What's this, refuge in audacity given how you kicked off the thread? No, not in my opinion. Because these are literally recycled mounts who are 6+ years old. Which they copy pasted thrice. They didn't even make new horses/gryphons. They reused old ones. It's the equivalent to us getting the Dominance Windrinder and some recolored Darkspear raptors.

ITP Things that never happened and people who never pay attention to the lore and ingame events. Good job man. Also apparently you didn't start playing untill after MoP. Because that Gryphon is a recolor of the Operation Shieldwall Gryphon.
    What would the factions be then? Should they sacrifice the good story they have built just to give people cooler mounts? You sound ridiculous. And you also completely disregard the people that actually love the new mounts.

Ayyup. Same for me. I've got most of the available ingame mounts. Heck even farmed some of the Alliance ones on an alt because some such as the WoD Ashran ones count twice for the achievos despite one being unable to use them. The horses are recolors too btw.
    I'm able to use the 2 Ashran talbuks on both factions.

And that's why I'm wondering if the mounts in BfA, will function in the same way. They don't seem to have any race or faction requirements other than exalted rep for purchase.

Meaning Horde players can get the horses, and Alliance players can get the blood tick and hyena etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Syriane View Post
    utterly retarded argument, the faction is as boring as the devs make it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    utterly retarded argument, the faction is as boring as the devs make it
    I agree with you

Deleted
    Which comes down to two things, personal opinion and circular logic. Lots of people love Football, I find it boring as hell. Doesn't mean it's genuinely boring. As for the circular logic.

"Faction X is boring!"
    "Faction X is boring because it gets boring stuff!"
    "Faction X gets boring stuff because it's boring and thus boring stuff fits it!"
    "In conclusion, Faction X is boring!"

Arguing that either faction should get boring stuff, because it's boring is frankly speaking absurd. It's trying to justify a perceived state through itself and then telling anyone who says "well maybe if they didn't get boring stuff" to shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaRandomReindeer View Post
    What would the factions be then? Should they sacrifice the good story they have built just to give people cooler mounts? You sound ridiculous. And you also completely disregard the people that actually love the new mounts.
    From Wickerdruids to minor races existing in the zones they could've gone with virtually anything. Most of them would've fit just as well if not better and made the whole story a lot more interesting and diverse. Claiming they would need to "sacrifice the good story" is just bullshit. It's desperately reaching for some kind of rebuttal that does not exist.

Not only is the story not all that great, with way too many pop references and such breaking the immersion. It simply stipulates that making more interesting factions which would fit just as well would somehow break the story all by themselves. That's completely and utterly nonsensical.

No, the only person here who sounds and acts ridiculous is you and your crowd. People who don't really give a damn about this and are mostly involved solely out of spite and pettiness. Flinging around circular arguments and making wild claims in an attempt to justify this. As for people who "love these mounts". Who and where are they? We have a few people who claim "THEY'D LOVE TO GET THEM IF THEY WERE ALLIANCE!" Sadly they aren't, so they can't. So they'll have to do with the Hyena and Bloodswarmer.

Or the absolutely believable "this totaly happened on our horde discord"? Yeah no. Get out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    I'm able to use the 2 Ashran talbuks on both factions.

And that's why I'm wondering if the mounts in BfA, will function in the same way. They don't seem to have any race or faction requirements other than exalted rep for purchase.

Meaning Horde players can get the horses, and Alliance players can get the blood tick and hyena etc.
    Doubt it. The horses are based on the updated Gilnean racial mounts. They're basically recolor of those. I can't see Blizzard making them available to be used on Horde. Imagine Alliance riding around on Raptors.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2018-05-01 at 02:55 PM.

Deleted
    Which comes down to two things, personal opinion and circular logic. Lots of people love Football, I find it boring as hell. Doesn't mean it's genuinely boring. As for the circular logic.

"Faction X is boring!"
    "Faction X is boring because it gets boring stuff!"
    "Faction X gets boring stuff because it's boring and thus boring stuff fits it!"
    "In conclusion, Faction X is boring!"

Arguing that either faction should get boring stuff, because it's boring is frankly speaking absurd. It's trying to justify a perceived state through itself and then telling anyone who says "well maybe if they didn't get boring stuff" to shut up.
    Agreed but boy you've been thinking about this way too much

Deleted
    If you didn't want horses then don't roll fucking humans lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Really, Ion's response is Meme-worthy
    TBF it's true. People bitching can swap factions

7+ Year Old Account
    If Alliance gets horses and gryphons why Horde don't gets only raptors and vywerns?

See Horde gets hyena and spider/bat mutant thingy. Its completely new mounts. Why for example Alliance's Order of Embers don't have some freaky drust hound as mount? They monsters hunters after all they could catch some weirdo and tame it.

Now look at pre patch mounts. Alliance gets another hippogryph reskin mount. While Horde gets their own version of DH class mount.

BFA is heavy Horde biased shit. Starting from Allied Races and finishing with mounts. Alliance exist only to being punching bags for Horde and as source of skeleton/rig assets (see fatso Kul Tiran into Mok'nathal).

PS OP obliviously trolling. Reported.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Fun fact: Humans are one race out of six on the Alliance. So where are the rams? The elekk? The mechanostriders? The nightsabers? The turtles? The... -sigh- other horses?

I'm still annoyed about the stupid Seabraid Stallion. It's so much worse than the shiny gold-armored Raptor the Horde got. And then they had the nerve to remove you from summoning it Alliance-side (and vice-versa with the Stallion).

If you or him believe a faction is boring, that's fine, but arguing it should stay boring is retarded. The entire thread is based on the op being brain dead or a troll, I usually assume the former when there is nothing clever about the would be "trolling".

7+ Year Old Account
    Except Alliance its not only humans.

Deleted
    Agreed but boy you've been thinking about this way too much
    Bah, it's the same thing for a long time. With the same crowd coming out with the same horrible arguments to defend it. A bunch of them solely to rile others up and engage in some good old Schadenfreude.

>Draenei don't exist
    >Nelves don't exist
    >Velves don't exist
    >Worgen don't exist
    >Dwarves don't exist
    >Gnomes don't exist
    etc

I guess we should have nothing but Wolves and Windriders, because if we didn't want those we wouldn't have rolled Horde?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Really, Ion's response is Meme-worthy
    He wasn't even wrong in regards to High Elves, but in the faction conflict expansion they're trying to shove so deep down our throats with all the 'stakes, evil is a matter of PoV' bs, telling people to join the other faction is cringe af.

OT: I love the how people who argue 'you're humans, ofc you're getting gryphons' seem to forget that gryphons are actually a dwarf thing...
    Not that I mind, I'll be enjoying my dinosaurs and hyenas.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    ...why?

You do realize you chose the human, medieval Europe faction, right?

What’s the racial mount(s) of humans? Horses and Gryphons!

“The mounts are too boring”

The alliance is supposed to be the more boring, vanilla faction.
    I'm not even complaining about the Alliance mounts, but this is a retarded argument and line of thinking. Sit down.

My beloved and ominous Starcursed Voidstrider is all I need and desire. Your attempts to make me mad, Horde-biased OP, have sadly failed.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    If Alliance gets horses and gryphons why Horde don't gets only raptors and vywerns?

See Horde gets hyena and spider/bat mutant thingy. Its completely new mounts. Why for example Alliance's Order of Embers don't have some freaky drust hound as mount? They monsters hunters after all they could catch some weirdo and tame it.

Now look at pre patch mounts. Alliance gets another hippogryph reskin mount. While Horde gets their own version of DH class mount.

BFA is heavy Horde biased shit. Starting from Allied Races and finishing with mounts. Alliance exist only to being punching bags for Horde and as source of skeleton/rig assets (see fatso Kul Tiran into Mok'nathal).

PS OP obliviously trolling. Reported.
    It’s a genuine point. The alliance IS humans and horses so I was asking why people are surprised and unhappy when they get mounts that fit their faction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Except Alliance its not only humans.
    I’ve gone over why this isn’t true. Yes the alliance isn’t only humans but it’s human centric.

Doubt it. The horses are based on the updated Gilnean racial mounts. They're basically recolor of those. I can't see Blizzard making them available to be used on Horde. Imagine Alliance riding around on Raptors.
    Plenty of raptors are available to Alliance... And like I said, I don't see any Horde/Alliance race requirements on the mount descriptions. Same as the Ashran mounts. It would make sense for them to make it so that we can use the other faction's mounts, as long as we grind the rep since they report hours spent in-game these days.

And no, the horses are not based on the Gilnean mount. They're HD remakes of the basic human mounts, with more colors, mane options etc. In short, these HD horses are the baseline horse for the game once they apply the skins to the human racial mounts. The Gilnean mounts, have simply been given the BfA HD horse update first of all.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-05-01 at 03:42 PM.